So I updated to the 1.3.6 and that was a mistake. Now my installed mods list is all screwed up for SOME reason. The backup I created just in case something like this happens will not restore either... argh. Why? :P Wish it would just leave my orders alone.

Aaaand it's not letting me manually drag/drop my installed mods to sort them manually. Awesome.

FIX sorta: After going into rage mode and pressing buttons, it turns out that upon updating it will stop "sorting by priority", you have to manually click the Priority button to "fix" it.

Yay.

FIX sorta: After going into rage mode and pressing buttons, it turns out that upon updating it will stop "sorting by priority", you have to manually click the Priority button to "fix" it.

Yay.

Haha, got the same problem when I updated, I remember being overly enraged because of this "damn why did you mess up all my mods!" but yes, just a click on the priority column and everything comes back in order.

Yay.

Haha, got the same problem when I updated, I remember being overly enraged because of this "damn why did you mess up all my mods!" but yes, just a click on the priority column and everything comes back in order.

Yep..

I always backup my Profile before updates. ( also regularly do so for both the downloads and mods folder :)). If something does go wrong I can always go back even if I need a clean install of MO. (never happened though but I am ready :P)

Post these questions when something goes the way it isn't suppose to go. Most of the time with MO it is just some glitch and a simple click of a few buttons will bring everything back into working order, that is unless Awfullarchdemon stated there is a problem.. ;).

@Awfullarchdemon.

I would suggest that this problem/solution be posted in the OP.. It might be useful. I have ran into this before as well but never thought it would be a problem for someone however it can easily confuse or even frustrat those new and some of those that have experiences with MO as well. I know it freaked me out the first time the order got messed up when I updated normally.

FYI.

I useually copy my needed folders (profiles, downloads, webcache, mods folder) out of MO. Create a new fresh install of MO set it up (start and direct it to the game as I keep my MO outside of the game folder normally) then copy back the backup folders. This has pretty much eliminated those strange update bugs that happen to some. ;) I then also have a backup to boot :P

@RC: This is certainly not the first time that's happened. Clicking Priority is step 1 for me every time. I kinda figured it was common knowledge by now. I'm in a place where I automatically assume tune-ups need to made first. I even verify my text files in profiles are showing the right orders and list.

I am a born pessimist, so I assume everything's wrong until I verify things are right. :P

Yes I also didn't give it much thought however it has come up on occasion and it isn't really mentioned in a fix or threads clearly.. It is something that experienced users of MO pretty much take for granted. That is the reason I mentioned the addition to your already massive OP.. LOL. Anyway because it is something many experienced users do know it should be easy fixes for those newer here (to get their post count up) and for us that have been around for a long time.

Hey guys, I have an odd thing happening with Mod Organizer and I can't find anything related to it. It's almost like a bunch of mods got "grouped" together or associated with each other, but I can't change their grouping/association. I can't update the FNIS Override from the Overwrite folder, I get an error "an error occured: invalid index 4294967295" and the only way to update FNIS is to delete the current mod, then create a new mod with the contents of the Overwrite folder.

The "group" has the title "Apropos Beta" but if I delete that mod, it just changes the title to "Creature Framework" etc, etc, until there is only one mod left, then it's not "grouped" anymore.

Any ideas as to what is going on? Is this a setting in Mod Organizer I can't find any information on?

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

EDIT: The "grouping" broke all of my saves. I tried deleting all of the mods and re-installing them, they just go back into this "grouping".

This is happening to me as well and I discovered by trial and error that if you give a non-nexus file a nexus number (111, 222, etc) then you can organize these files by drag and drop.  I do not know if this issue is known or not.  

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded the latest version of MO which is 1.3.8 about an hour ago. I've played across three profiles and I have noticed a large increase of FPS in my game. In two of the profile's I was using a pretty taxing ENB from MACHIMACHI. I noticed the other day I was averaging around 40 FPS but now I've gone up to 50 FPS. I checked the changelog of the latest release for Mod Organizer and one of the patch notes is this: bugfix: disabled mods were marked "redundant".

With these two particular profile's I am talking about they are apart of an installation of Skyrim which I label my sex and smut Skyrim. It uses loads of things from LL. I don't want to get into all the Mods but trust me when I say that due to the installed scripts from these Mods that I experience instability that translates into my machine working harder and slower load times both in-game and in load screens. What I'm thinking is that MO's patchnote which I mentioned above has disabled some "redundant" files from some of these Mods I use and is letting my Sex-Smut Skyrim Installation work better. Now, I don't know how this will affect my game in the long run but I do plan on testing and playing more when I get the chance.

I'm really not just making this up or seeing things. I've gotten a rise in FPS and it can't be anything but the latest version and fixes that MO has provided. I haven't installed any new Mods recently nor have I changed anything with my ENB preset nor have I done anything to my computer. I've been playing different games for the past couple days and I decided to get onto Skyrim a while ago, download the latest MO version and play and I have a rise of FPS.

Anyone else experiencing this? I really recommend getting the latest version 1.3.8.

***EDIT:*** So I'm really not kidding about this. I went and played my two other profile's on this particular installation of Skyrim of mine and the FPS rise is present as well. It's crazy. Now I'm thinking it's not only the "disabled" files of some of the Mods I have installed but ALSO my Mod List. All 4 of these MO Profiles are similar. They all use the same necessary mods and fixes like ENBoost from the ENB, SKSE Memory Patch, Safety Load, Cell Stabilizer and Skyrim Project Optimization. Now, What I'm thinking is that either Safety Load or Cell Stabilizer must have been disabled along with a couple of other files and now my game has not only gotten a rise in FPS but more stability as well. Load times are less now. I can access the save menu from the Main Menu faster and my games load faster as well. I'm really happy about this but I need to be sure about this so I can make sure other people know about it as well. I'll get my Load Order up tomorrow for some of my profile's.

No, that was a bug in which any disabled mod would display as if all its files were conflict losers, marking it "redundant" (the grey lightning bolt in the conflicts spot) since nothing it did actually made it to the game. It was purely an MO UI thing. It did not and is not affecting your actual game at all.

No, that was a bug in which any disabled mod would display as if all its files were conflict losers, marking it "redundant" (the grey lightning bolt in the conflicts spot) since nothing it did actually made it to the game. It was purely an MO UI thing. It did not and is not affecting your actual game at all.

The point is that this is related to MO.. Two days ago I was taking screenshots with this ENB and I was averaging 40 FPS most of the time across all my profile's. I upgraded to 1.3.8 a little bit over two hours ago and now my I'm well above 50 FPS across all of these profile's. It's a significant difference from going 35 to 40 FPS and all of the sudden doing 48 to 56 so I know what I'm seeing.

I don't know what to tell you. That line is referring to a UI bug that was introduced in 1.3.7. I do not doubt that your game is behaving differently, but MO almost certainly did not randomly decide some things in your profile were redundant and disabled them. If it did, something is seriously wrong and that behavior was not intended and is likely to cause issues.

I don't know what to tell you. That line is referring to a UI bug that was introduced in 1.3.7. I do not doubt that your game is behaving differently, but MO almost certainly did not randomly decide some things in your profile were redundant and disabled them. If it did, something is seriously wrong and that behavior was not intended and is likely to cause issues.

i agree with zippy. I haven't heard of any under the hood changes that should have caused such an increase in performance. If something is going on it might indeed cause problems. This is the bleeding edge MO you are using and thus sometimes in the past there has been some things that have changed for the better and for the worst. I would be careful and watchful of any other changes that occur.

I usually wait until AwfulArchdemon or one of the other main MO users chime in that it is stable for my main MO installs before upgrading. That or about a month or so for any serious bugs or problems. It has saved my alien bacon a few times.. :D.

On a side note.. also as a general practice. I backup (zip or copy) the entire MO folder before major upgrades as well. If something goes wrong. I just deleted and copy back the old MO..

Lets see if one of our other long time LL member / MO user sees this boost as well. Until then for the newer members of MO community I recommend as always to wait for someone with experience to chime in on the new versions :D and for the love of God make sure you have your needed files backed up.. if you do decide to try the new version.. ;).

Yea MO. !!! (obligatory MO exclamation :P)

Guest endgameaddiction

I'm still using 1.2.9 for Fallout 3. I dunno. I don't really need to upgrade because I'm content with how it is right now. I guess when Fallout 4 comes out I'll maintain using the latest version of MO. I did for Skyrim when I was playing that.

If it isn't broke don't fix it.. however .. it is always good to have a close to current version of MO unless there are some reasons not to for example the last version that supported XP.

I am using 1.3.7 and it works fine. There is a feature that is kind of nice for some of you..

post-89432-0-32726800-1434902261_thumb.jpg

Useful to see at a glance what type of files are in the mods that are installed.

ritual - my friend - :) :) I DID IT!!! I managed to run the game through MO by importing the mods from NMM. Some files couldn't be imported but I installed them manually, and even FNIS. All works great. THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! This is the first time I managed to run full game with all my mods via MO. *happy dancing* .)

Guest endgameaddiction

This is true.

See, I never use some of those features like the content in the mod list or version. And I never download a mod through MO because I manually download my mods and save them to my drive so I just upload it from there. I turn off MO recognizing nxm because of that. Since I play fallout 3, most mods are all old and done with updates. I treate MO like an offline mod manager like FOMM. Old habits I say. At least I stopped doing the 98% manual mod installing. ha Well I did that even with FOMM. I only used FOMM for FOMODS. MO just takes everything to a whole new dimension.

ritual - my friend - :) :) I DID IT!!! I managed to run the game through MO by importing the mods from NMM. Some files couldn't be imported but I installed them manually, and even FNIS. All works great. THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! This is the first time I managed to run full game with all my mods via MO. *happy dancing* .)

Yea MO!!!

MeditationsforEnlightenment.jpg

If you ever get a file that is too huge or something that you "patched" yourself.. make sure it is in proper folder structure (like what is in the "data" folder) then drop it into Mod Organizer/Mods folder. with the rest of your mods. This is like manually installing without the mess in the data folder. ;). Open MO.. move the mod entry to the proper location on the left side (mod install order side) click it and do whatever other prep you need to do like bash it or proc it whatever and start the game. ;). I use that for TTW instead of creating a FMOD for it. Just drag and drop. Create a custom .ini for the mod (which inserts the changes to the .ini when the mod is activated.. how cool is that..) more later. Now that you have a base to start working on use it exclusively where possible. You can however still use NMM if you wanted to for comfort just remember to create a "launch" entry for it in MO and always start it from MO.

Now that you have transcended .. lol. Make sure your Skyrim Mod folder would be clean. Remove all the old files by deleting them and having Steam re-verify the cache. If in doubt clean it out. Restore any Script extenders / Updated them etc. If you have an image or backup of Skyrim.. feel free to delete it and reinstall it again. Then and only then do you know for sure that the Skyirm is clean and MO won't have any surprise in store for you. MO cannot managed files outside of itself in the Data folder. Random body mesh sound file etc can possibly mess you up as it won't show up normally in the conflicts pane.

first arrange the mods by priority, makes it easier to handle conflicts as you will see all the mods in the order that they are presented to the game. Catagories are cool for viewing and gaining some added info etc. but I mostly use Priorities.

What do the Flags mean?

If a lightning icon with a green plus sign Lightning_Plus_MO.png appears in the Flags column, when the virtual data directory is created the corresponding mod will overwrite file(s) from a lower priority mod while none of its files will be overwritten. If a lightning icon with a red minus sign Lightning_Minus_MO.png appears, the mod will will not overwrite files from any other mod but will have one or more of its files overwritten by a higher priority mod. If a lightning icon with both a green plus sign and a red minus sign Lightning_Plus_Minus_MO.png appears, the corresponding mod will overwrite a lower priority mod's file(s) while having one or more of its files overwritten by a higher priority mod. If a lightning icon Lightning_Dim_MO.png appears without a plus or minus sign, the mod will be completely overwritten by other mod(s) and might as well not be installed.

The red X Big_Red_X_MO.png icon appears when an installed mod does not contain any data that Mod Organizer recognizes as valid mod information. In addition, the mod name will be greyed out and italicized. If you want to use the mod despite this fact, you can right-click the mod and select Ignore missing data to remove the flag. This will put an empty textures folder in the mod directory, which MO will see as valid data despite the fact that it does absolutely nothing. The heart question Unendorsed_MO.png icon appears when a mod has not been endorsed.

The notes Notes_MO.png icon appears when you add notes to the mod.

Info on the conflicts. Tells you what is going on. conflicts are a normal thing. just arrange them to the order that you want them to be (the conflict winner lower in the list)  double click on a mod with conflicts and check the "conflicts" tab to see each file that is part of the conflict. You can see what mods are overwriting them or being overwritten there as well

take your time. get the conflicts the way you want them.. then start profiles create a few (note the left side is the same for all profiles..) then after setting up your fnis etc you can start to play. You can't do any harm except to the files you have in MO. Can't hurt Skyrim. Worst case you reinstall a mod and rework the order. Or re-run FNIS patcher or whatever.

It's late but:

MO Message of the Day

Updated to 1.3.8. This is a small bugfix release (see changelog)

Updated to 1.3.7. Please see the changelog for a list of bugfixes.
Again thanks a lot to thosrtanner for a lot of contributions to the integrated FOMOD installer.

Please note that 1.3.x only support Windows 7 and newer so you will have to stick with 1.2.18 if you're using XP or Vista.

Interesting. We have people reporting positive issues, now. An increase of fps is my kind of bug. :P

@germanicus, red letters in Data simply mean you have the mod installed manually, and in the mods folder. Get rid of doubles.

It's late but:

MO Message of the Day

Updated to 1.3.8. This is a small bugfix release (see changelog)

Updated to 1.3.7. Please see the changelog for a list of bugfixes.

Again thanks a lot to thosrtanner for a lot of contributions to the integrated FOMOD installer.

Does that mean that we don't need FOMM to install these now.. ? Even the HUD mods.. can someone confirm?