I couldn't sleep so I loaded up Oblivion.. A bit of a pain but easy fix for MO.

• Install Oblivion. duh
  • Install Mo.. double duh
  • start oblivion outside of mo at least once. Started from Steam.. What I do with Fallout, Skyrim etc. (not sure if this is needed but what I did/do)
  • Inside of MO you can start Oblivion Launcher. I did this next.. From that I can start the game.. however might not give mods not sure.
  • tried MO with Oblivion.exe and it crashed.. what is experienced by those here.
  • Opened Steam..
  • Ran the Oblivion.exe.. not the launcher. Watched some direct x setup etc.
  • Opened MO and tried again..
  • Game ran, started and I was able to create a character.

Keep in mind there are no mods so I can't answer those questions but it can start with MO I believe after you manually start Oblivion.exe outside of steam and MO.. (actually from the game folder) Do your setup and you should at least be able to start the game  from it without the advised web changing and editing of the starting scripts in MO.

This entire process above took about 10 minutes with installing Oblivion from a backup.

Hope that helps Anatriax

Ok, so I'm NOT new to modding Bethesda games. Skyrim, gotcha covered. Fallout 3/NV? Cool. I can do that. I don't know them like I do Skyrim, but whatever, they're fairly easy. 

Oblivion is apparently a whole new monster, especially when it comes to using Mod Organizer. 

Issue #1: Clean install. No mods. Launches FINE from Steam. Steam throws Error 5:000065434 when launched through Mod Organizer. 

So, I validated my files. They're legit. Completely vanilla, according to Steam. Yet when I click on Oblivion.exe or Oblivion Launcher.exe through MO? I get the error. 

To reiterate, this errror does not happen when launched through Steam.

Anyone found a workaround for this? Or am I going to have to use Wyre Bash/OBMM for modding Oblivion? If that's the case, I'll just throw an ENB at it, and run it vanilla with no mods at all. 

Same error here, but it did run through mo a while back, now the same error you get when I run it thorugh mo, think I am going to to back to omm or one of its variants, its just too much hassle.

I gave up on mo and oblivion for now, I'll go back to it when I have more time/patience.

I couldn't sleep so I loaded up Oblivion.. A bit of a pain but easy fix for MO.

• Install Oblivion. duh
  • Install Mo.. double duh
  • start oblivion outside of mo at least once. Started from Steam.. What I do with Fallout, Skyrim etc. (not sure if this is needed but what I did/do)
  • Inside of MO you can start Oblivion Launcher. I did this next.. From that I can start the game.. however might not give mods not sure.
  • tried MO with Oblivion.exe and it crashed.. what is experienced by those here.
  • Opened Steam..
  • Ran the Oblivion.exe.. not the launcher. Watched some direct x setup etc.
  • Opened MO and tried again..
  • Game ran, started and I was able to create a character.

Keep in mind there are no mods so I can't answer those questions but it can start with MO I believe after you manually start Oblivion.exe outside of steam and MO.. (actually from the game folder) Do your setup and you should at least be able to start the game  from it without the advised web changing and editing of the starting scripts in MO.

This entire process above took about 10 minutes with installing Oblivion from a backup.

Hope that helps Anatriax

UPDATE: Launches fine from Steam, game loads. Yada yada. Cannot manually launch Oblivion.exe or Oblivion Launcher from outside of Steam. 

I think this may be the root of the problem. It's not MO, it's something with Oblivion where you can't manually launch it anyway but through Steam. 

Is there somewhere I can download the update for Oblivion so I can just install it from disks? I mean, I have the Anthology, so the disks are like, 2 feet away. If I can get around the problem by not installing the Steam version? that's what I'll do. I just want to make sure I have an up to date game.

EDIT: Everything I'm reading online says this error only comes from a cracked game. My game, however, is not cracked. I have installed via disk, updated the files via Steam, validated my files... and I still get this error >.<

I can launch the steam version of Oblivion both the Obliivon.exe and the Oblivion launcher.exe through MO and it starts and I can get a new character.. It is something with your setup that is causing the problems. Now for the Oblivion.exe to start properly I did get crashes and all sorts of trouble until I started it from the actual .exe in the Steam folder. Afterwards it set itself up.. strange since it worked through Steam.. anyway when I opened MO again and tried .. it worked and has worked each time afterwards.

My problem now is getting the OBSE to be recognized and run..

EDIT: Everything I'm reading online says this error only comes from a cracked game. My game, however, is not cracked. I have installed via disk, updated the files via Steam, validated my files... and I still get this error >.<

Maybe delete the old files you installed with and download fresh ones now that the game has been registered to you? Perhaps..

I can launch the steam version of Oblivion both the Obliivon.exe and the Oblivion launcher.exe through MO and it starts and I can get a new character.. It is something with your setup that is causing the problems. Now for the Oblivion.exe to start properly I did get crashes and all sorts of trouble until I started it from the actual .exe in the Steam folder. Afterwards it set itself up.. strange since it worked through Steam.. anyway when I opened MO again and tried .. it worked and has worked each time afterwards.

My problem now is getting the OBSE to be recognized and run..

Maybe delete the old files you installed with and download fresh ones now that the game has been registered to you? Perhaps..

The old files I installed with that you mentioned? Are the disks >.< After I install it from the disks into my /steamapps/common/oblivion folder, I go into Steam, select install, and what Steam does at that point is checks for files that are already present, verifies their integrity, then reaquires missing files, or files that don't match what you would download from Steam. 

I did this while I've been doing research on the Steam forums and several other places. (Even a russian site) I still get the same thing >.< FML

Well then Idk what's going on. I just reinstalled Oblivion, again (for the 3rd time today). This time I totally deleted everything in the core folder, except for \data and \dxredist and made Steam reaquire the .dll, .exe, and .ini files. 

Same issue.

No it loads fine if I launch it through Steam. Let me go into a little more detail.

I hit Windows Key + E to open explorer. Navigate to E:\games\steamapps\common\Oblivion. Click on Oblivion Launcher.exe. A window pops up that throws Error 5:0000065343

ALL of the fixes I've found for this require getting a cracked (Either by SKIDROW or Razer 1911) .exe file. Everything I've read on other forums say that games only throw this error when they're cracked, and not using the proper (cracked) .exe files. 

I am not trying to crack my game. It obviously doesn't need cracked, because it launches through Steam. Besides, I don't like contributing to piracy by downloading their cracked files.

No it loads fine if I launch it through Steam. Let me go into a little more detail.

I hit Windows Key + E to open explorer. Navigate to E:\games\steamapps\common\Oblivion. Click on Oblivion Launcher.exe. A window pops up that throws Error 5:0000065343

ALL of the fixes I've found for this require getting a cracked (Either by SKIDROW or Razer 1911) .exe file. Everything I've read on other forums say that games only throw this error when they're cracked, and not using the proper (cracked) .exe files. 

I am not trying to crack my game. It obviously doesn't need cracked, because it launches through Steam. Besides, I don't like contributing to piracy by downloading their cracked files.

This isn't a MO issue. Your game should work properly provided it is an proper game (and the disk is mastered correctly without any scratches or errors causing corruption). You might need to create yet another thread for this issue so as not to derail this thread.

Question: (another long shot and I am out of ammo)

Have you kept the game CD or DVD in the DVD player? (The first CD/DVD if multiple are used to install .. at least typically) I don't remember but I think the "cracked.exe" is a "fix" for not having to have the game CD or DVD in the DVD player. Could be wrong. Try that. If that don't work I'd make a thread to hopefully get someone that is more technically minded than I am on this matter.

This isn't a MO issue. Your game should work properly provided it is an proper game (and the disk is mastered correctly without any scratches or errors causing corruption). You might need to create yet another thread for this issue so as not to derail this thread.

Question: (another long shot and I am out of ammo)

Have you kept the game CD or DVD in the DVD player? (The first CD/DVD if multiple are used to install .. at least typically) I don't remember but I think the "cracked.exe" is a "fix" for not having to have the game CD or DVD in the DVD player. Could be wrong. Try that. If that don't work I'd make a thread to hopefully get someone that is more technically minded than I am on this matter.

I have the Steam version. I just use the disks for the .esm/.bsa files, because with my net downloading 5gb takes 3 days.

You're right, though. This isn't an MO issue, after doing a lot of work. This also isn't a Steam issue. Idk what the problem is. I'm about to just say to hell with it, and start using Wrye Bash/OBMM, even though it's going to prove to be a huge headache in the end... I'm going to waste less time than trying to fix this.

I have a question. So I'm trying to fix the zipsuit bodyslide to fix my character. I load up my body preset and the outfit, make the needed fixes and when I try to save, the new data and slider sets don't save to the overwrite folder. I read on the first page something about the files overwriting the original files. If thats the case would the main zipsuit mod be overwritten or the bodyslide version?

It'll overwrite whichever one was winning the conflict, since as far as Bodyslide or anything else run through MO is concerned conflict-losing files don't exist.

Well my main problem is when I try to save the alterations to the zipsuit it doesn't save anywhere. I thought it would save to the overwrite folder but it usually doesn't. It has saved there before with the data and the slider sets. I can't seem to get it to save there again. I use the name "zipper" for the file name and copy the name to the other fields and make sure that "body" is used for the .nif files. Not sure if that is wrong but when I save it, it doesn't save to the overwrite file.

It'll overwrite whichever one was winning the conflict, since as far as Bodyslide or anything else run through MO is concerned conflict-losing files don't exist.

Well my main problem is when I try to save the alterations to the zipsuit it doesn't save anywhere. I thought it would save to the overwrite folder but it usually doesn't. It has saved there before with the data and the slider sets. I can't seem to get it to save there again. I use the name "zipper" for the file name and copy the name to the other fields and make sure that "body" is used for the .nif files. Not sure if that is wrong but when I save it, it doesn't save to the overwrite file.

Hit alt before choosing batch build or build and bodyslide should ask you where you want to build the files to, after that just choose somewhere with an empty directory, and then zip the file up for your own mod.

So everyone's having Oblivion problems (except RC)? I haven't played it in a while, but every time I fire up Obl using MO, it works. Always has, as far as I can remember. The only real issue I had was using Pluggy. That needed to be installed manually. I could not find a fix for it, but maybe there is one, I dunno. Tried a million times, but Pluggy seems to be manual only.

Like I said, I haven't played it in a while, so my Obl is using a really outdated version (like, old splashscreen outdated). I can't even remember which version it is. Should I check? Wanna try that one? :P

Do you guys have your MO in your game folder? I have been recommending people do that since day 1.

So everyone's having Oblivion problems (except RC)? I haven't played it in a while, but every time I fire up Obl using MO, it works. Always has, as far as I can remember. The only real issue I had was using Pluggy. That needed to be installed manually. I could not find a fix for it, but maybe there is one, I dunno. Tried a million times, but Pluggy seems to be manual only.

Like I said, I haven't played it in a while, so my Obl is using a really outdated version (like, old splashscreen outdated). I can't even remember which version it is. Should I check? Wanna try that one? :P

Do you guys have your MO in your game folder? I have been recommending people do that since day 1.

I gave up on mo and oblivion, well at least till I have a bit more patience and time, my pressing concern at present is trying to find out why my java has killed itself and why I can't re-install it :@

Starting it (Steam version by the way) no problem. Getting the Script Extender to be recognized is another matter. I am sure I could fix that problem easy enough however I have decided to abandon MO for Oblivion until I understand more what is going on and how things work with that game. It is easier to get support using WB and OBMM than MO and less frustrating.. There is far more support for those alternatives.

Still using it for the other games though.. :)

My Mo is outside of Oblivion and it still worked / works.. It appeared that it was just the matter of me starting Oblivion.exe from inside the game folder. Not from Steam, once. Afterwards all was good (except the script extender.)

Dude, I just remembered...when I run Obl, I don't run it with MO. I run the game itself, and all MO's mods work. I'm so sorry guys! I just started it using the game's exe, without bothering to even start MO, and it started with my girl wearing the full Cursed Armor, and a loli sleeping on my floor in my house, for some reason. No errors.

I utterly forgot about that little rule. So install all your mods to MO, and shut it down. Fire up the game, and for cryin' out loud, it should work for you, just like it works for me. (why does this never seem to be the case??)

Hit alt before choosing batch build or build and bodyslide should ask you where you want to build the files to, after that just choose somewhere with an empty directory, and then zip the file up for your own mod.

I meant on the outfit studio side, after i make adjustments to clothing. I hit save project as and then a window pops up and tells me to assign name for output folder, output data path, the shape data folders and so on. My output path says meshes\armor\new outfit. My problem is when I hit save it doen't save it to my overwrite folder. Though it has before.