Hello, may I have a question? Which items of the new version(CBBE) are wearable with out any visual anomaly?

And  are the other recently updated DD mods compatible with the old(UNPB) version?

Only the gags and collars work without clipping (since they are shaped after the head-mesh, not the body-mesh), nothing else will look right on a UNP body.

As for mods, the "For the masses" mod is probably the only one that has not yet been updated to 2.7, but it likely will be very soon, after that, i don't think anything will work with it anymore.

Your best bet at the moment is to download this conversion of the 2.7 assets: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19865-devious-devices-assets/?p=718347

Thank you for your comment. What about the plugs?

Hello, may I have a question? Which items of the new version(CBBE) are wearable with out any visual anomaly?

And  are the other recently updated DD mods compatible with the old(UNPB) version?

Only the gags and collars work without clipping (since they are shaped after the head-mesh, not the body-mesh), nothing else will look right on a UNP body.

As for mods, the "For the masses" mod is probably the only one that has not yet been updated to 2.7, but it likely will be very soon, after that, i don't think anything will work with it anymore.

Your best bet at the moment is to download this conversion of the 2.7 assets: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19865-devious-devices-assets/?p=718347

Thank you for your comment. What about the plugs?

The pelvis barely moves at all between the CBBE and UNP/UNPB meshes. The plugs work fine with either body, so I didn't bother altering them(and there was nothing to alter in the first place). 

On the Subject of the CBBE v Any other Body but as it was previously supported by Zadil Mainly UnpB has been mentioned.

First it is his Mod and he decides if and what he Mods and for what body, That is Clear and obvious. as with all body Assets they are for a specific body, as has clearly been stated and others will likely Convert the Assets for other bodies. So Assets will be body specific for all bodies. The most likely outcome and eventually all bodies will have either custom assets or conversions.

That may take some time but is already happening for UnpB and 7Base. So thats not really an issue long term.

However as I understand it the main issue is the "Framework" is also CBBE and I don't see why, What I mean is I didn't find out about the Asset Change Here at all. The CBBE requirement I first saw was Alternate Start - Live a Deviant Life is CBBE only.

Why? That makes no sense at all, it should not have a body requirement at all it has no body modding involved that I know of, to my knowledge only the Assets should have such a need and as already stated those are already being adapted for more than one body.

So is this just a matter of, overstating actual requirements, causing unneeded panic.

I mean if Live a deviant Life is meaning the Devious Devices - Assets are required by saying CBBE is needed, it should be corrected as the Assets are the only actual requirement.

What the Asset requirements are only depends on the assets used.

Another way of looking at it is Frameworks are general and body unspecific, acting only on the files required. what body those files are for should always be variable or more accurately interchangable.

On bodies. The simple fact is CBBE users are blind to the deficiencies of that body that put over half of mod users off, they think BodySlide can change it into any other body, it cant and those who dislike and even hate it will never accept a distorted CBBE body as anything but a CBBE body.

BodySlide - a panacea? - Trash ...

I am often asked whether the LB - bodislayder whether to maintain, whether going to realize, etc. Here in this short article is not great and I want to answer these questions, because I was tired, a hundred times, to respond to one and same questions.

zigjugrf7r.jpg
God ... who could create such a body? Only someone who has never seen a woman's body firsthand. No wonder that so often people - CBBE Body Mod compares with a rubber doll. So look ... really - very similar . But it's not about that, this will not be distracted.

So, dear visitors of my blog - no, no and no again. LB will never support BodySlide and will be adapted to him and he will not tie slider. And to explain why and why the title I wrote that it's trash. You 've got to understand how it works and what happens to the model during its application. Imagine candy wrapped in a piece of paper. So, in our case - the very sweet ... it's the model of your character, and a piece of paper - a texture that envelops your character. Thus, if we Morph / deform candy, and then piece of paper, along with body is ​​deformed. It is not rubber, and it must be understood. Identity thing with the model of our character: BodySliding we deform it (enlarge / reduce certain body parts) with it deforms texture because it is "firmly nailed" to the character. In short, using BodySlider we are making conscious texture and modeling distortions. Some might argue that they are not significant. I must disappoint you ... they are very significant and substantial. Also, I will not ruin my own model and LB's for this. LB Will not be BodySlided. In order for you to understand how strong these distortions are - I will illustrate with the standard test texture. It is most often used to test 3D master model, how much she is killed. Please ... nervous users CBBE Body Mod do not watch ... heart attacks are not necessary. I warn you - do not be offended.

actual test texture:
_test.jpg

As you can see, this is a common chess board. But this is not the point, but the fact that it consists entirely of geometrically correct squares. And if our model is all right and she was not killed, they are also the correct form, will appear on it. If the model is killed - then place in a geometrically flat squares we see different warped squares. And then, how much they were distorted, can be identified - the degree of distortion on the texture which is our character.

Actual test result (for comparison - between LB and CBBE mods ):
test_01.jpg

Before seeing the test results, I thought, I only noticed the most distorted places  ... but when I saw the test - realized: this is pointless. Just wrecked the whole model. It has nothing to celebrate, because not a single living space. All that can be done - just throw it and forget it.

So dear visitors, and in particular - users CBBE, my advice to you: do not hammer the final nail in CBBE's Coffin Lid (there I will bring - the quality and not the number of users), it is the already dead - throw a slider. As one of the users (I forget his nickname) said: CBBE - People Body Mod. And then for some reason I was reminded of the story of the people's car - Lada ... perhaps he was right.

Her CBBE is rubber Doll can be seen here

Female Body Replacer
I think only the title was all clear. Absolutely. Today I present to you one of my mods for the game Skyrim.

In short: I'm tired of waiting for the weather to sea, and to see these bawdy rework vanilla body (if you did not know, then UNP and CBBE are converted vanilla body and not created from scratch ... new). For some reason people do not want to fundamentally understand that tinkering with vanilla body mod just inherited bugs that were made in vanilla body (no hips, tapered waist, not anatomical legs, lack of polish, etc. etc.). I fully admit that they are suitable for many and they do not bother to think about it. They do not suit me, but normalreplacer for some reason (I'm very surprised) usual people do not want to create. 

For a start - some screenshots from 3Ds Max, which shows a comparison of the bodies (for clarity, to understand what the difference is and how the body looks).

new_body_03_01.jpg

new_body_09.jpg

This last picture shows a key point she made in first post above which was actually posted after this one. The Rubber CBBE Doll. Unp though much better than CBBE is only half the quality of Lady Body  the only non  Vanilla based body I know of.

Lastly Lady Body v3 is 90% complete here

_003.jpg

and a Picture

ScreenShot_020.jpg

So I hope you can see that CBBE BodySlide will not and can Never replace better quality mods. It can be adapted for any body but a large number of us will never use BodySlide on quality bodies even if available, to even touch them insults the effort the modder has used to make the best body to start with. If you just want Big Breasts and Buts on an oversized overstreched rubber Doll CBBE is your body of choice. Realistic Hot Woman is Lady Body with Unp Based a More compatible halfway point, not Lady Body to be sure but much better than CBBE and when you consider the variants are just as popular with UNP, UNPB, 7Base and now Dream Girl fast catching up and all equally Popular.

So again just to emphasise this is not an attack on Zadil's choice of Body, but the idea that CBBE and BodySlide somehow can replace everything else and it dont matter how many modders turn to CBBE BodySlide the users of other bodies will not. the more they distort the armour and clothing the less it will be liked.

Zadils Assets can be replaced or converted but if its use CBBE or don't use our mods with no good reason why, many including me will drop the mod and not ever use CBBE, to us it's that bad and BodySlide makes it worse not better. It's a matter of taste and tastes rarely change.

I fully support Mods that require a body choice is the mod makers decision, When a mod does not but the maker thinks they know better than the users is when the users stop using.

It may not actually be like that in this case, but thats the main concern I've seen expressed, some have said it with more clarity than others.

So that's the real question what actually requires a body choice, just assets or more than that?

before you go on a tirade about how cbbe is trash and we should all feel bad for liking it, maybe you should i donno, ask why something is how it is?  LADL includes custom meshes based on stuff in assets (and stuff not in assets), and as such, just converting assets isnt enough. 

i could easily go the other way and say that your lady body looks emaciated and i honestly never want to see my character's ribcage so clearly in a game like skyrim, so count me out 100%.   my main attachment to cbbe is the fact that it seems like most armors seem to originate as cbbe and then get converted from there (dont bother showing me examples to the contrary, i know they exist)  and as such, thats what i use.  

zadil himself said he only had time to make assets for one body, and in the end, chose the one he personally preferred.   i understand that youre not pleased with the way it ended up but coming in here and calling everyone who likes cbbe objectively wrong is not going to get you the results you want (unless your intent was to immediately make the whole community hostile towards you)

To Uhuru N'Uru:

For the first part:

Bunch of players will run around asking if the mod is compatible with their favorite UNP, OMG, CHSHIGOHEWWGJOH and MyLittlePony body mods. And if it isn't, then "why not and why wasn't that included in to description, because I thought that only Assets required CBBE and not LADL - and I don't feel that I am required to think trough complex questions like this my self, so you are all ***** and I am getting out of here."

Including CBBE as LADL requirement is more practical than leaving it out.

For the second part:

I have a journalist background and I still fail to make any proper sense of your post; especially this part: "I fully support Mods that require a body choice is the mod makers decision, When a mod does not but the maker thinks they know better than the users is when the users stop using."

Just... what?
Stop using? Got it.
That's pretty much how 100 % of readers understood your post.

It seems that you are putting modders support for CBBE against some players support for other mods against each other - like modders are driving players like a cattle toward forced use of CBBE. Despite of many users having different demands from body mod, I don't think this is the case. Neither I see the masses demanding modders to drop their support for whatever body mod they are currently supporting. We can't expect them to support each and every mod out there and I really don't see how modders would think "knowing better than players", when they are using one of the most popular body mods out there.

CBBE isn't popular because of modders. It was made popular by us, the players, who have been wanting support for it from modders. We like it. It is easy to use and practical to mod.

If your favorite body mod doesn't get supported enough, then find someone willing to support it and fill his/her head with your ideas. If you can't find any, then sit down and start supporting the mod yourself.

Whatever you do, please sit down and drink a cup of coffee before posting another incoherent writing like this. Read your text trough and think what you really want to say.

I hope you're not paying too much attention to the body type debate, Zadil.  Your explanation given was clear, and the reasons fair.  Nothing really more needs to be said.

But something does need to be said about the new objects and updated textures!  They are brilliant!  I'm constantly impressed by the evolution this mod as gone through, and I really appreciate your dedication to detail and a sense of professionalism.  More mod makers need to take that same sort of outlook!

I especially like the added shininess the posture collar has, along with the new leather set of cuffs.  Variety is the spice of life!

I almost feel like the Devious Devices family is going to need its own sub-area on the forums, here.  Just looking at the front page of the Sexlab Framework page shows nearly half of them related to your original mod.

On the Subject of the CBBE v Any other Body but as it was previously supported by Zadil Mainly UnpB has been mentioned.

First it is his Mod and he decides if and what he Mods and for what body, That is Clear and obvious. as with all body Assets they are for a specific body, as has clearly been stated and others will likely Convert the Assets for other bodies. So Assets will be body specific for all bodies. The most likely outcome and eventually all bodies will have either custom assets or conversions.

That may take some time but is already happening for UnpB and 7Base. So thats not really an issue long term.

However as I understand it the main issue is the "Framework" is also CBBE and I don't see why, What I mean is I didn't find out about the Asset Change Here at all. The CBBE requirement I first saw was Alternate Start - Live a Deviant Life is CBBE only.

Why? That makes no sense at all, it should not have a body requirement at all it has no body modding involved that I know of, to my knowledge only the Assets should have such a need and as already stated those are already being adapted for more than one body.

So is this just a matter of, overstating actual requirements, causing unneeded panic.

I mean if Live a deviant Life is meaning the Devious Devices - Assets are required by saying CBBE is needed, it should be corrected as the Assets are the only actual requirement.

Another way of looking at it is Frameworks are general and body unspecific, acting only on the files required. what body those files are for should always be variable or more accurately interchangable.

On bodies. The simple fact is CBBE users are blind to the deficiencies of that body that put over half of mod users off, they think BodySlide can change it into any other body, it cant and those who dislike and even hate it will never accept a distorted CBBE body as anything but a CBBE body.

BodySlide - a panacea? - Trash ...

I am often asked whether the LB - bodislayder whether to maintain, whether going to realize, etc. Here in this short article is not great and I want to answer these questions, because I was tired, a hundred times, to respond to one and same questions.

zigjugrf7r.jpg
God ... who could create such a body? Only someone who has never seen a woman's body firsthand. No wonder that so often people - CBBE Body Mod compares with a rubber doll. So look ... really - very similar . But it's not about that, this will not be distracted.

So, dear visitors of my blog - no, no and no again. LB will never support BodySlide and will be adapted to him and he will not tie slider. And to explain why and why the title I wrote that it's trash. You 've got to understand how it works and what happens to the model during its application. Imagine candy wrapped in a piece of paper. So, in our case - the very sweet ... it's the model of your character, and a piece of paper - a texture that envelops your character. Thus, if we Morph / deform candy, and then piece of paper, along with body is ​​deformed. It is not rubber, and it must be understood. Identity thing with the model of our character: BodySliding we deform it (enlarge / reduce certain body parts) with it deforms texture because it is "firmly nailed" to the character. In short, using BodySlider we are making conscious texture and modeling distortions. Some might argue that they are not significant. I must disappoint you ... they are very significant and substantial. Also, I will not ruin my own model and LB's for this. LB Will not be BodySlided. In order for you to understand how strong these distortions are - I will illustrate with the standard test texture. It is most often used to test 3D master model, how much she is killed. Please ... nervous users CBBE Body Mod do not watch ... heart attacks are not necessary. I warn you - do not be offended.

actual test texture:
_test.jpg

As you can see, this is a common chess board. But this is not the point, but the fact that it consists entirely of geometrically correct squares. And if our model is all right and she was not killed, they are also the correct form, will appear on it. If the model is killed - then place in a geometrically flat squares we see different warped squares. And then, how much they were distorted, can be identified - the degree of distortion on the texture which is our character.

Actual test result (for comparison - between LB and CBBE mods ):
test_01.jpg

Before seeing the test results, I thought, I only noticed the most distorted places  ... but when I saw the test - realized: this is pointless. Just wrecked the whole model. It has nothing to celebrate, because not a single living space. All that can be done - just throw it and forget it.

So dear visitors, and in particular - users CBBE, my advice to you: do not hammer the final nail in CBBE's Coffin Lid (there I will bring - the quality and not the number of users), it is the already dead - throw a slider. As one of the users (I forget his nickname) said: CBBE - People Body Mod. And then for some reason I was reminded of the story of the people's car - Lada ... perhaps he was right.

Her CBBE is rubber Doll can be seen here

Female Body Replacer

I think only the title was all clear. Absolutely. Today I present to you one of my mods for the game Skyrim.

In short: I'm tired of waiting for the weather to sea, and to see these bawdy rework vanilla body (if you did not know, then UNP and CBBE are converted vanilla body and not created from scratch ... new). For some reason people do not want to fundamentally understand that tinkering with vanilla body mod just inherited bugs that were made in vanilla body (no hips, tapered waist, not anatomical legs, lack of polish, etc. etc.). I fully admit that they are suitable for many and they do not bother to think about it. They do not suit me, but normalreplacer for some reason (I'm very surprised) usual people do not want to create. 

For a start - some screenshots from 3Ds Max, which shows a comparison of the bodies (for clarity, to understand what the difference is and how the body looks).

new_body_03_01.jpg

new_body_09.jpg

This last picture shows a key point she made in first post above which was actually posted after this one. The Rubber CBBE Doll. Unp though much better than CBBE is only half the quality of Lady Body  the only non  Vanilla based body I know of.

Lastly Lady Body v3 is 90% complete here

_003.jpg

and a Picture

ScreenShot_020.jpg

So I hope you can see that CBBE BodySlide will not and can Never replace better quality mods. It can be adapted for any body but a large number of us will never use BodySlide on quality bodies even if available, to even touch them insults the effort the modder has used to make the best body to start with. If you just want Big Breasts and Buts on an oversized overstreched rubber Doll CBBE is your body of choice. Realistic Hot Woman is Lady Body with Unp Based a More compatible halfway point, not Lady Body to be sure but much better than CBBE and when you consider the variants are just as popular with UNP, UNPB, 7Base and now Dream Girl fast catching up and all equally Popular.

So again just to emphasise this is not an attack on Zadil's choice of Body, but the idea that CBBE and BodySlide somehow can replace everything else and it dont matter how many modders turn to CBBE BodySlide the users of other bodies will not. the more they distort the armour and clothing the less it will be liked.

Zadils Assets can be replaced or converted but if its use CBBE or don't use our mods with no good reason why, many including me will drop the mod and not ever use CBBE, to us it's that bad and BodySlide makes it worse not better. It's a matter of taste and tastes rarely change.

I fully support Mods that require a body choice is the mod makers decision, When a mod does not but the maker thinks they know better than the users is when the users stop using.

It may not actually be like that in this case, but thats the main concern I've seen expressed, some have said it with more clarity than others.

So that's the real question what actually requires a body choice, just assets or more than that?

Although several users have already responded to the two underlying points of this post, let me do so myself in the hope of avoiding an unnecessary and ultimately pointless debate about body types:

Like Aelie said, several of the Devious mods contain instanced versions of the original assets, making them somewhat independent from the Assets files they originated from but inheriting their body requirements once those instanced have been created.

Not doing so would be a major inconvenience for the authors of these mods due to Skyrim's underlying mechanics and the way these devices have been implemented to make DD's interaction features possible in the first place.

I'm sure I don't need to point out that most of these 'deficiencies' are the result of personal preference, however it is important to keep in mind that realism is not always the only factor here - and a rather limiting one at that, considering that aesthetic beauty (to a certain extend at least) is a subjective ideal rather than predefined state of nature.

But let's disregard any philosophical arguments for a while and look at it from a more practical standpoint:

CBBE being one of the most versatile single body available for Skyrim means that it has the potential to appeal to a wider range of users than any other body type, especially following the advent of Bodyslide2 (regardless of whether or not it has the ability to replicate other body shapes 1:1), a fact that is reflected in the number of people using it. When working on a modding framework that's essentially what matters and will inevitably influence the decision of what body a mod should continue to support.

Lastly (and perhaps most importantly), let's not kid ourselves here: we're talking about digital boobies in a video game and not redefining the Vitruvian Man. Does it really matter if an underlying muscle structure on your ingame character is not as pronounced as you'd like it to be?

You're free to advocate your body preference or its perceived technical superiority in a separate thread but when it comes to DD:Assets the decision has already been made (as have probably most users who will be reading this) and as such I consider this matter closed.

Having an issue with the armbinder currently, everytime it is equiped my character stays in the default idle animation and is missing her hands.

Initially I was using UNP but then I tried completely unsintalling skyrim and restarting with CBBE and all the requirements, testing both the prevoius version and the latest through the appropiate live a deviant life plugin, but the problem presists.

The only mods I have installed currently are the essentials for the framework. I have tried looking through this thread for similar issues but none of the answers seem to fix it.

So does anyone else having this issue or does anyone have any idea as to how to fix it?

I suggest reinstalling the latest version of the active DD mods as well as their dependencies (no need to reinstall Skyrim completely) and closely following the provided installation instructions, including running FINIS once you're done. If this doesn't work please post details of your issue in the Integration mod thread together with a papyrus log.

Having an issue with the armbinder currently, everytime it is equiped my character stays in the default idle animation and is missing her hands.

Initially I was using UNP but then I tried completely unsintalling skyrim and restarting with CBBE and all the requirements, testing both the prevoius version and the latest through the appropiate live a deviant life plugin, but the problem presists.

The only mods I have installed currently are the essentials for the framework. I have tried looking through this thread for similar issues but none of the answers seem to fix it.

So does anyone else having this issue or does anyone have any idea as to how to fix it?

I suggest reinstalling the latest version of the active DD mods as well as their dependencies (no need to reinstall Skyrim completely) and closely following the provided installation instructions, including running FINIS once you're done. If this doesn't work please post details of your issue in the Integration mod thread together with a papyrus log.

It seems to be working now, not really sure what I did to fix it however.

I've now reinstalled UNP and adjusted for compatiability. Only issue now is that in the new version the hands come out of the binder whenever the new struggle animation is used, otherwise it works perfectly.

If it's not possible use the new anim with unp, Is there anyway I can use the old version of the struggle anim with the new version?

thanks for your help

I've now reinstalled UNP and adjusted for compatiability. Only issue now is that in the new version the hands come out of the binder whenever the new struggle animation is used, otherwise it works perfectly.

If it's not possible use the new anim with unp, Is there anyway I can use the old version of the struggle anim with the new version?

thanks for your help

What version of FNIS do you have? FNIS was updated twice very recently, so you could be one or two versions behind, and that could be the issue.

thanks for your help

What version of FNIS do you have? FNIS was updated twice very recently, so you could be one or two versions behind, and that could be the issue.

I'm running 5-0-2 currently.

It was getting late here when I posted my post and rereading I can see its not clear that the Spoilered sections are google translations of Posts Made by Lady Bodies Author Kris†a and not my words, I do agree with her sentiment though I'd try to be more tactful.

I apologise for not making it clear that I copied this using google translating tool, it was late and I was tired and working this morning so rushed the postand turned PC off after posting.

If CBBE with or without BodySlide is your taste is not the problem. it's your choice and fine by me. The further Argument that BodySliding CBBE can replace all other bodies is not valid though.

I apologise if it appeared I was attacking those who choose CBBE with or without BobySlide, My intention was to show the reasons why many of us will never use it. An equally valid Choice

The facts that it "works" or actually distorts mods by resizing bones of skeleton puts many of us off. Lady Bodies Author states the issue rather acidically, it is her usual style.

I closed my post with it the fact that the choice is a matter of taste and peoples tastes rarely change.

I have a tendancy to say to much in one go and that sometimes diverts things from my main reason for posting.

So to make it clear this quote is main focus of this Post

Like Aelie said, several of the Devious mods contain instanced versions of the original assets, making them somewhat independent from the Assets files they originated from but inheriting their body requirements once those instanced have been created.
Not doing so would be a major inconvenience for the authors of these mods due to Skyrim's underlying mechanics and the way these devices have been implemented to make DD's interaction features possible in the first place.

Sorry,

When did this happen

Current Stated Requirements of all Devious Branded (Devious/Deviant in Name) Mods I can find

First the Main Mod

Devious Devices - Integration. Now with quests! (03/15/2014) v2.7.1a

[ Requirements ]
CBBE - http://www.nexusmods...rim/mods/2666/?
or
UNP Body - http://www.nexusmods...rim/mods/6709/?
Zaz Animation Pack - http://www.loverslab...ack-2013-10-08/
SexLab 1.31+ - http://www.loverslab...4-updated-1230/
SexLab Aroused - http://www.loverslab...ed-v2013-12-22/
FNIS - http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/11811/?
Devious Devices - Assets v2.7 - http://www.loverslab...devices-assets/

To Shorten the Post I have Hidden Most Here

Deviously Helpless 1.3

Requirements

• SexLab
  • SexLab Aroused
  • Zaz Animation Pack
  • Devious Devices - Assets
  • Devious Devices - Integration

Devious Regulations 1.7a

Requirements

• SexLab 1.38b+
  • Devious Devices - Assets 2.7.0
  • Devious Devices - Integration 2.7.0
  • Sexlab Aroused 2014-01-24+
  • Fuz Ro D'oh

Devious Loading Screens 2.7

Requirements

Devious Devices - Assets
This mod uses meshes and textures from the 'Devious Devices - Assets' pack. As such you'll need to have it installed but not necessarily activated.

Devious Devices - Captured Dreams Shop v 1.61

Required Mods:

This requires the following mods at a minimum:
SexLab
SexLab Aroused
Devious Devices - Assets v2.62
Devious Devices - Integration v2.6.6 REQUIRED!!!
ZAZ Animation Pack

Also recommended is Devious Devices - For the Masses

Devious Captures 1.0

Requirements:

• Sexlab Defeat 4.2.1
  • Devious Devices Integration 2.7.1
  • All requirements of the above mods
  • SkyUI 4.1
  • Latest version of SKSE

Devious Devices - Gags+ 1.3

Required

Devious Interactions v 0.92

Requirements:
This mod requires Devious Devices - Integration and any mods required for it.

Devious Devices - For the Masses II v 1.0

Requirements:

SexLab
Devious Devices - Assets
Devious Devices - Integration v2.6.6 MUST USE
Plus any other mods the above require.

Then we have

Devious Devices for Bodyslide2 -- CBBE, PSB, HDT Bodies 2.0

Conflicts:
There are no scripts, BSAs, or esp's. The files only add to Bodyslide and nothing is replaced, so this mod should not conflict with any known mod.

Requirements:
Skyrim SexLab - Sex Animation Framework v1.31
Devious Devices - Integration
Devious Devices (Assets)
Calientes Beautiful Bodies Edition -CBBE-
BodySlide 2 and Outfit Studio
OPTIONAL: [PSB] Pregnancy Scaling Body - for Bodyslide2
HDT Body -- for the HDT Body version of the Devious Assets

Obviosly No issue or doubt as to the needs this has

SexLab Submit + Devious Devices 1.0

THIS REQUIRES "LIVE A DEVIANT LIFE" IN ADDITION
[ Requirements ]
Sexlab Framework - Ashal
SexLab Aroused - redneck2x
Devious Devices (Assets) - Zadil VERSION 2.6.2 ONLY
Devious Devices - Integration- Min VERSION 2.6.6 ONLY
Zaz Animation Pack- MasterCChris & XAZ
Sexlab Submit - dkatryl

though abandoned by original Author

Has been Adopted with new Author posting this today so included

ProgressiveDevices.zip

Then this is unclear, it's likely means Integration but needs better info as no Devious Devices Mod exists

Devious Devices - Males Addon 1.0

Requires: Devious Devices and its requirements.

Excepting the Above anomaly All the Mods have Stated Requirements for Assets or Intergration which requires Assets also.

My main question is with this

Alternate Start - Live a Deviant Life (3/15/2014) v1.7

[ Requirements ] ONLY USE THE LISTED VERSIONS
Sexlab Framework - Ashal (1.35+)
SexLab Aroused - redneck2x (2014-01-24)
Devious Devices (Assets) - Zadil (2.7.0+)
Devious Devices - Integration- Min (2.7.0+)
Zaz Animation Pack- MasterCChris & XAZ (v0054)
Alternate Start - Live Another Life - Arthmoor (Nexus ID 9557) (v2.3.5 ONLY!)
HDT High Heels System - HydrogensaysHDT (Nexus ID 36213)

Armor uses Calientes Beautiful Bodies Edition -CBBE- by Caliente

Includes Bodyslide files for CBBE (i wont support their use, only use if you know how to use bodyslide)

Doesnt support UNP, sorry--

I mentioned this specifically only for further clarification not to attack it for needing CBBE, but too ask are these actual requirements of this Mod or inherited from the Assets.

The Armour is a harness and was provided in UnpB and CBBE versions before.

So My main question remains and I accept it is not directly about the Assets but your quote above actually muddies the water rather than clears it.

I think I've listed every Devious mod and all appear based on Assets as a Separate Mod not any instanced internal version.

Now you have stated clearly that your restriction to CBBE is about Time and you will support anyone who converts the Assets and / or Creates New assets for other bodies. if Another Life has actual internal reasons why those alternate assets can't be used with it that I can't see and don't understand why it should be llike that. So be it, but the stated requirements of all Devious Mods suggest that they need a Separate Assets download.

If alternative assets however made are provided the stated requirements indicate they will work fine.

Your quote suggests hidden requirements are also there and Alternate assets will not help.

I apologise for asking but I'm now more confused as from wanting to know if just Alternate Start was now unusable with any Asset port.

I now can't tell what needs what at all.

I think these are fine well made mods and unless absolutely required body restrictions limit the user base. Your reason for Modding only CBBE is required for you and is not even the issue, the Assets are not Restricted to CBBE at all just the ones you make. Intergration still supports Unp body it works using mainly scripts and what else...

I'm now totally confusing even myself.

Restating the question I really want the answer for :

What can or can't the Alternative Assets be used with and if can't why is that the case? as first Step is to know what the situation is.

The Integration framework doesn't care what body-type you're using: The previous "UNP or CBBE" requirement was an inherited requirement from assets: I'll update the OP to remove that altogether.

That aside:

Like Aelie said, several of the Devious mods contain instanced versions of the original assets, making them somewhat independent from the Assets files they originated from but inheriting their body requirements once those instanced have been created.

Zadil's post pretty much exactly explains the situation. I'm not sure how you could interpret it as "Muddying the waters". Live a Deviant Life contains a number of it's own assets: A unique harness (Using different slots), the slave boots, etc. Hence, why LADL explicitly states that it requires CBBE.

the harness i have on LADL includes its own body mesh because it occupies the body slot.  no matter what body you have installed, when you wear my harness, you are now cbbe.  the 'non locking' harness is also its own mesh, which is formed to cbbe and wont fit a unp body.  the slave boots have their own mesh that only fits a cbbe body as well (unp gets some texture issues besides not fitting exactly to the ankles) if someone wants to make unp versions of all these meshes, be my guest, but zadil has no desire to add the meshes i use to his asset pack, and as such i must provide them inside my mod instead.

the harness i have on LADL includes its own body mesh because it occupies the body slot.  no matter what body you have installed, when you wear my harness, you are now cbbe.  the 'non locking' harness is also its own mesh, which is formed to cbbe and wont fit a unp body.  the slave boots have their own mesh that only fits a cbbe body as well (unp gets some texture issues besides not fitting exactly to the ankles) if someone wants to make unp versions of all these meshes, be my guest, but zadil has no desire to add the meshes i use to his asset pack, and as such i must provide them inside my mod instead.

Which is why it clips through my UNPB body....  yet its still an awesome mod I I still use it regardless.  I also have faith that in time talented modders who love the UNPB body will provide the necessary changes and we just have to be patient.  The world was not created in a day.  It took at least 2.   :cool:

Thankyou for clarifying the issue a lot better.

I understand that harness is CBBE (BodySlide Preset to be Exact rereading I think thats just an optional though) I downloaded the UnpB and CBBE Versions that used to be on LADL download page and that's is partly what I'm trying to clarify, but I don't understand why, if LADL includes DD - Assets it is listed as required and not as included, and @ Min that is why I said it's confusing, as I showed, all DD mods state Assets are required directly or via DD - Integration they are required indirectly on each download page, none say the Assets are included. Not even Live a deviant Life I've just checked.

So that's what is confusing about Zadil's quote of Aelle, not what the quote says, but that is not what Download page says also, in fact Zadil's usage is first time I ever saw it stated and it says several mods, it has become pretty obvious, that Deviant Life was one of them.

I'm not trying to attack folk for required body choices, just trying to find out what's actually required and can't be altered by changing or converting assets. Not once have I said Zadil should make assets for other bodies and he encouraged others to do so, even offering his support.

If Deviant must as seems now, to be apparent include the assets internaly, then the decision begins to make sense, it made no sense before.

Not completely though, much progress is now being made to my understanding the quotes meaning, despite contradictory evidence.

Specifically @Aelie You used to have both CBBE and UNPB Dark String, now its just BodySlide, even though you don't Support BodySlide.

Can you Please explain the reasons for that (UNPB is obvious, I think) but why remove CBBE body version you support for BodySlide you don't.

Also why remove old versions at all, providing no support for should be enough. (Pet hate from using STEP type guides outdated almost as soon as written by this habit)

Was internal Assets always required

Given Alternate Assets to use can, will this change things.

Finally, a body harness is now included in Assets, will you be using that instead.

More general questions,

several of the Devious mods contain instanced versions of the original assets

Again, not according to their download pages, so which and how much does that impact on possible alternate Assets.

and

Just an inconvenience or/and required to actually work at all ?

It appears to be inconvenience when it suddenly changes with the asset change, that also appears to frustrate and annoy users thus suddenly abandoned.

Both appearances can cause unnecessary friction. with a frank and honest discussion of they issues, where users don't demand this or that and the mod makers explain the real situation things can be a lot smoother. Civil debating is accepting that you will never agree on all issues, but you do not have to agree on everything. Vigourous and opinionated debates can be held, without resorting to personal attacks and hatred. One of the reasons I came here to start with.

Finally to All Modders involved in Devious Devices, That non CBBE users are so disappointed with Zadils Decision and are exploring options to reintroduce alternate bodies is a huge complement to the entire Devious Devices Package, the more versatile and open such Frameworks are the better they are, The SexLab Framwork shows this and the purpose (Not always obvious) of my inquisition is to make these issues clearer for all to see and understand. This hopefully lights the way forward to a Complete Framework where all body choices (Highly personal and subjective as that is) are supported as easily as possible. Basic Assets will be required for each of course, beyond that the ideal system would have no restrictions at all, so naming the assets files correctly is all thats required to swap them over as the Framework then just uses them.

Actually reaching the ideal is another matter of course, but it starts with completely understanding what the current situation actually is.

Also my usual tactic, of threatening you with my torture chamber, can't be used here can it.

That will just ensure you say nothing, until I put you to the rack, not get you talking to avoid it.

If there is ever a TES 6 made, people should stick to one body mod tbh, and nothing more to avoid all of this sillyness of having several different bodymods that just splits the fanbase apart.

Anyway, if you're so annoyed by it, pick up blender and learn to change stuff to your own preferred bodymod, that's what I'm doing.

I made myself a unp version of the darkstring with proper weight slider functionality, and am trying to make a unp version of the harness aswell (almost there, full weight is fine, but when I start lowering the weight, these sticks (I think the skeleton?) start appearing as the bodymass is being shrunk down through the body, no idea if that's something to fix in nifskope or in blender yet, but once it's done, I'll have myself a fully working DD UNP (not unpb, but should work with unpb I think) Harness with weight slider.

And while it's annoying that someone else isn't doing it for you, I think you have no idea how many hours go into making stuff for just one body, let alone several ones.

Simply converting the harness or dark string took me easily 8+ hours I believe, and that's without finishing it up in nifskope and testing if it works ingame.

Which reminds me, zadil do you know if I use the old unp chastity belt or posture collar model and just simply go into blender and slap the new texture on it, would that work?

Or do the new textures only work on the new models and I'll have to formfit them?

Hopefully someone will streamline the conversion between the bodytypes to make it (almost) perfect. In the meantime the endless whining about bodytypes on armor/clothing/mesh mods is getting really f*ng annoying. Just stick with the type the modder provides and respect his/her choice. You can always politely ask (or better assist) for a conversion but 30 people spamming a thread doesn't help anyone. ATM bodyslide seems to be the best conversion method.

If there is ever a TES 6 made, people should stick to one body mod tbh, and nothing more to avoid all of this sillyness of having several different bodymods that just splits the fanbase apart.

The reason theres so many is because there isnt a single body type that can make everyone happy.  even with the most sophisticated set of sliders in the world capable of accurately making any possible body type you would still get people who dont like it and make their own version.

Aaaand I fixed the glitch I had, here you go, a unp version of the harness that should work with weightslider (It worked for me anyway!)

I'm still a blendernoob so might not be as nice looking as the one zadil made but at least there should be no more clipping, but if I get better at blender I'll def get around to polishing everything.

Simply drop them into c>Program Filesx86>Steam>Steamapps>Common>Skyrim>Data>Meshes>Devious>Devices And paste them over the existing ones.

harnessBody_0.nif

harnessBody_1.nif