Came back to Skyrim recently and found out about DD, but I'm having an odd problem with the ball gag - when equipped, the mouth doesn't open, so it's floating on the chin. Oddly this only happens with the one included in DD Assets; if I use the old one included in ZaZ (with the yellow ball) mouth is open and everything.

This is pretty much a clean install of Skyrim, the only installed things are SKSE, SkyUI, XPMS skeleton, HDT Body and Physics Extension, FNIS, ECE, Alternate Start, the SL Framework, and DD Assets (just added the gags through console commands). Also installing DD Integration along with the additional required mods (ZaZ animation pack, Aroused) doesn't fix anything either. Ideas? And yes, I did update FNIS...

Came back to Skyrim recently and found out about DD, but I'm having an odd problem with the ball gag - when equipped, the mouth doesn't open, so it's floating on the chin. Oddly this only happens with the one included in DD Assets; if I use the old one included in ZaZ (with the yellow ball) mouth is open and everything.

This is pretty much a clean install of Skyrim, the only installed things are SKSE, SkyUI, XPMS skeleton, HDT Body and Physics Extension, FNIS, ECE, Alternate Start, the SL Framework, and DD Assets (just added the gags through console commands). Also installing DD Integration along with the additional required mods (ZaZ animation pack, Aroused) doesn't fix anything either. Ideas? And yes, I did update FNIS...

That's normal behavior with the items from assets. You need DD integration for the items to 'work'.

im sorry, my english is not really good :]

i do not get it, what does the mod do, or how i can interact with (devious assets and the integration mod)

there are just some items?

thanks for help me out

DD:Assets is a collection of sm-themed items that are usable as is but don't really do much without the Integration mod, which attaches scripts to most of them and allows you to interact with the items in a variety of different ways by simply clicking on them in the inventory.

It is generally recommended to use DD:Assets and Integration mod alongside each other to get the most out of it.

i got both installed (assests and integration)

and the only thing i can do is, to get the items over console

how i can interact with the items in inventory, when i click on em, i just equip or unequip *blush :]

Makes sense, you're probably spawning the original Assets items through the console rather than the ones enhanced by the integration mod. Look for a second version of the devices that have similar names but completely different IDs from the ones you've been using - those should be the ones from Integration.

Alternatively you can (and I recommend that you do) instead access the scripted devices ingame by entering the Arcanaeum of the Winterhold College and looking for a 'forbidden bookshelf'. It contains a book that will enable you to craft the right items.

Devious Devices: Assets (v2.7)

6qIiKSv.jpg

Changelog:

• Added: body harness
  • Added: leather cuffs
  • Added: blindfold
  • Added: panel gag (open) version
  • Added: panel gag plug (misc object)
  • Added: gag variations without harness straps
  • Added: padded chastity belt without backplate
  • Added: separate vaginal & anal versions of existing plugs
  • Tweak: armbinder split into separate sleeve and collar items
  • Tweak: added buckle & padlock to leather collar mesh
  • Tweak: revised overall item reflectivity
  • Tweak: some plugs & posture collar texture adjustments
  • Tweak: devices now wearable by Skeletons, Elders & Manakins
  • Tweak: weight/value/text adjustments to several devices
  • Tweak: misc adjustments to world object nif parameters
  • Tweak: device name changes for better inventory organization
  • Tweak: several changes to file structure and CK armor setup
  • Fixed: metal stud placement on armbinder mesh
  • Fixed: some faulty normal map textures
  • Other: UNPB support officially discontinued

Don't forget to update any other Devious Devices mods that you may be using to take advantage of the new content.

Enjoy

So Sevenbase body wont work to because base body is unp right `?

And Did I have to start a new game again for updates of the devices mods to the asset mod ?

And great work on it :) Iam Impressed of the many different ideas and mods that handle this great items.

So Sevenbase body wont work to because base body is unp right `?

And Did I have to start a new game again for updates of the devices mods to the asset mod ?

And great work on it :) Iam Impressed of the many different ideas and mods that handle this great items.

No body other than CBBE 3.2 is officially supported.

The Assets mod itself can be updated at any time by overwriting the previous files without the need to start a new game.

has anyone reached contacted you all about conversions to UNP or UNBP?

No. In some cases users have been able to achieve promising results using BodySlide's Outfit Studio but as of now a full conversion seems unlikely to happen any time soon,

Oh my. Before I found this site, I went back and forth between CBBE and UNP a couple of time before finally settling on UNP. I do prefer UNP, but there does seem to be more support for CBBE, especially on here. May just have to start my modlist over again, I think atleast half my mods tie in with the body model I use. ;)

No. In some cases users have been able to achieve promising results using BodySlide's Outfit Studio but as of now a full conversion seems unlikely to happen any time soon,

Sadly this is not an option. Outfit Studio only works for the CBBE body, the other bodytypes you see in it's menues are not the actual bodyshapes, they are CBBE Bodyslide presets, so anything you make with them will still only fit CB++ bodies, it will not fit the body that was indicated.

There's no way around it, a conversion to UNP can only be done using 3DSmax/Blender, the Caliente-Tools are of no real use or benifit in this regard.

Sadly this is not an option. Outfit Studio only works for the CBBE body, the other bodytypes you see in it's menues are not the actual bodyshapes, they are CBBE Bodyslide presets, so anything you make with them will still only fit CB++ bodies, it will not fit the body that was indicated.

There's no way around it, a conversion to UNP can only be done using 3DSmax/Blender, the Caliente-Tools are of no real use or benifit in this regard.

Wouldn't a mesh conformed inside Outfit Studio fit the specified target body regardless of its origin? It may still be CBBE using a UNP preset but the shape of the body should be identical (since I assume that's the point of the preset) and therefore the converted object would be applicable to both.

Wouldn't a mesh conformed inside Outfit Studio fit the specified target body regardless of its origin? It may still be CBBE using a UNP preset but the shape of the body should be identical (since I assume that's the point of the preset) and therefore the converted object would be applicable to both.

It's not identical, not even clouse.

The UNP preset is still the CBBE body, just with the boobs and hips made a bit smaller using Bodyslide sliders (well there are more tweaks than that, but those are the most noticable). The shape it creates is in no way shape or form compatible with the real UNP body (and only vaguely resembles it), and anything you make for it would have serious clipping issues on the legs, arms, stomache and chest if you tried to use it with the real UNP body.

And since i know someone will now say "then just switch to CBBE and use the UNP preset", that's really not a good option either.

I did exactly that in anticipation of this mod going CBBE exclusive, spend more than a week fighting with it, but it resulted in failure. You can use Bodyslide to make a CBBE-Bodyshape that looks kinda like UNP (the supplied preset is terrible, but using it as a template for further tweaking, you can get something that looks reasonable), but that's as far as it's usefull.

The real problem is that you'll now need clothes and armor that fits that bodyshape, and Bodyslide is supposed to be the answer to this, but it doesen't work reliably at all. The UNP preset differs so greatly from the CBBE-Curvy shape that all CBBE armors start off as, that the tool simply can't convert to it well. A large portion of the armors you try to convert will have serious clipping and weight-paint issues that makes them look broken (like having half your torso fall out of the armor every time you crouch, because the weight-paints are busted).

So use Outfit-Studio to fix it, right? Well no, Outfit-Studio is still an Alpha, it broke about a third of all the Nif's i tried to fix on export (NiTriShapes getting randomly rescaled, and odd black squares showing up on large parts of the textures). You can't rely on it, and the outfits it won't fix, it simply will not fix.