Will the haters stop complaning if 1 of the unofficial conversions get place in the download section?

Hating, complaining? I'm not hating or complaining about Zadils choice and never have. I'm asking questions about how things work when I'm told it's different to what is posted on download page.

As for why do people choose different bodies and TES 6 only having one

First is called modding choice andd 2nd is called no modding choice as thats only way one body type only will exist if it's vanilla body.

Any body mod will make 2 options.

If everyone just was happy with what was done to start with and accepted it, again no modding at all would happen.

Most mods start because the mod maker was not satisfied with existing options.

Also no you can't just accept what the mod maker chooses for every mod as to many are limited by one requirement or another. Many totally incompatible with each other, when you have 100+ mods for one body, a mod for another body is not really an option.

Telling people who use CBBE to change for this or that mod would also be unwelcome to many, for the same reasons, they prefer that body and have many mods for it.

Having read contradictory statements about Devious Requirements and what the alternatve Assets will enable to be done, I'm trying to simply get the Facts as they actually are not to complain but to simply establish what is required to enable more choices

So far I've found out LADL has assets built in not required as is said on Download page and my questions have alerted Aelie that the Dark String Armour BodySlide file is still available even though now not used and only from reading the responses was it clear it was optional not required (last post she made clarifies it as Obsolete.

My other questions are about how the mods function.

Also Several Devious Mods are still listing Assets as required not included as Zadil has said. I still don't know which is they are.

It may be that downlod pages just require updating, I dont know.

As for the second part

unofficial conversions get place in the download section?

That would be entierly Zadils call, it may make them easier to find but part of my questioning is to discover what more is required once assets exist for any and all choices

Many totally incompatible with each other, when you have 100+ mods for one body, a mod for another body is not really an option.

I think popularity of body mods depends lots on the first impressions. If the impressions are positive and the body attracts modders its popularity will grow and the mods being created for it will become more marketable too and that results in a self sustaining cycle. CBBE and UNP made amazing impressions because: they appeared on Nexus which is where most people go to download mods, UNP was made by dimon who was already popular thanks to Fallout and CBBE was the first (or mebe one of the first, I don't remember now) body mod that featured huge beebees and bummy which probably appealed to many horny gamers starved for a quality nude patch. After that mods started coming out for those bodies and their popularity snowballed ^^

So I think the problem with Lady Body doesn't have anything to do with Lady Body itself (I like it, it's totally high quality and I would try it if it was more popular and had more third party support) but because Krista didn't do a good job at marketing it! Her attitude feels very confrontational which hurts her PR, she's not active on Nexus which makes lots of people and modders unaware LB exists and if I'm remembering thingies right her mod is or used to be a little invasive which made it conflict with racial overhauls and added things people didn't like having forced on them.

So I think maybe if Krista had a better PR department Lady Body could be the default Devious Devices body today ^^ But because she failed to make the right first impression it kinda stays outside the mainstream. And if you're not marketing for the mainstream you can't expect to have a big share of the market.

If you would like to help market Lady Body Uhuru I think the best way to do it would be like learn Outfit Studio or Blender or stuffs and start making conversions ^^

UNP conversion up for grabs: 

EDIT: Nope! It's gone!

Yes gone, all gone, because it now has it's very own thread so it doesen't have to derail this one. You can find it here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/29589-devious-unp-reshapes/?p=738237

And those 288 (hot damn, 288 downloads? I did not expect that!) of you who already downloaded it might want to check it out, because v1.1 is out! It makes some much needed improvements to the body-harness that you'll probably want ;)

I have about 200 armor and clothing mods that I have downloaded with UNP(B) and CBBE being about equal. Right now the main reasons I am using CBBE are the Pregnant armor replacers for the vanilla armor and clothes and I have more large armor compilations for CBBE as I don't have space for many armor mods.

UNP conversion up for grabs:

attachicon.gifDD-UNP-Reshapes.7z

These are edited versions of CutterJohn1's conversion that will hopefully fix a few minor problems, especially with some of the low weight meshes. Although fair warning, i'm using standard UNP, and that's what these meshes are tested and known to work with, not UNPB, since i never bothered to switch over to that (never saw the point personally). I don't forsee any problems for UNPB users, since the meshes are close to idential, but let me know if there are any.

Changes include:

Fixed minor clipping issue on rear upper arm for the leather arm cuffs.

Reshaped padded steel arm and leg cuffs, they should now be a much tighter fit.

Reshaped low weight version of the armbinder, it should be a lot tighter now.

Reshaped low weight version of the harness, fixing some fitting issues at the small of the back especially.

Fixed connecting ring on the harness collar beeing misaligned with the connecting chest strap of the harness (both low and high weight versions).

Replaced padded bra with the DD-2.6 UNPB version of the meshes, and updated the Nif's to the new 2.7 standards (it fits and looks better than anything i could do, and should hopefully ensure it fits UNPB also).

All credit goes to CutterJohn1 for doing all the groundwork, and beeing cool with me tampering with it. All i've done is a few finishing touchups.

Enjoy and whatnot.

This works beautifully for me on a UNPB body. Thanks!

Oddly enough, the chastity bra fits better than I've ever seen, despite breast size being the biggest difference between UNP and UNPB. Possibly that's because my character is only 10 weight so she doesn't have much up top :P

This works beautifully for me on a UNPB body. Thanks!

Oddly enough, the chastity bra fits better than I've ever seen, despite breast size being the biggest difference between UNP and UNPB. Possibly that's because my character is only 10 weight so she doesn't have much up top :P

It should, the bra mesh was lifted straight from the 2.6 assets (and then modified to apply the 2.7 shine effect), and those were UNPB assets, ergo the bra should work the same as it did in 2.6.

This of course also means it works just as it did with BBP and TBBP anims, IE not very well, so that may be something to keep in mind..

And also you are welcome :)

@Nalessa:

If there is ever a TES 6 made, people should stick to one body mod tbh, and nothing more to avoid all of this sillyness of having several different bodymods that just splits the fanbase apart.

Couldn't agree more.

Which reminds me, zadil do you know if I use the old unp chastity belt or posture collar model and just simply go into blender and slap the new texture on it, would that work?

Or do the new textures only work on the new models and I'll have to formfit them?

The latest official unpb meshes should largely be compatible with the newest textures, including the belts and posture collar. The only exceptions that I can think of right now would be the new leather/harness collar and possibly some of the gag components.

I can't offer much assistance when it comes to Blender, but feel free to contact me if you need help regarding nifs or general 3d workflow.

@Nalessa, Coopervane, CutterJohn1:

Great to see you taking initiative.

If any of you is interested in assembling a comprehensive unpb package of DD:Assets that matches the content of the official version and provide long-term support I'll gladly add it to DD:Asset's download section.

@Uhuru:

Will the haters stop complaning if 1 of the unofficial conversions get place in the download section?

Hating, complaining? I'm not hating or complaining about Zadils choice and never have. I'm asking questions about how things work when I'm told it's different to what is posted on download page.

As for why do people choose different bodies and TES 6 only having one

First is called modding choice andd 2nd is called no modding choice as thats only way one body type only will exist if it's vanilla body.

Any body mod will make 2 options.

If everyone just was happy with what was done to start with and accepted it, again no modding at all would happen.

Most mods start because the mod maker was not satisfied with existing options.

Also no you can't just accept what the mod maker chooses for every mod as to many are limited by one requirement or another. Many totally incompatible with each other, when you have 100+ mods for one body, a mod for another body is not really an option.

Telling people who use CBBE to change for this or that mod would also be unwelcome to many, for the same reasons, they prefer that body and have many mods for it.

Having read contradictory statements about Devious Requirements and what the alternatve Assets will enable to be done, I'm trying to simply get the Facts as they actually are not to complain but to simply establish what is required to enable more choices

So far I've found out LADL has assets built in not required as is said on Download page and my questions have alerted Aelie that the Dark String Armour BodySlide file is still available even though now not used and only from reading the responses was it clear it was optional not required (last post she made clarifies it as Obsolete.

My other questions are about how the mods function.

Also Several Devious Mods are still listing Assets as required not included as Zadil has said. I still don't know which is they are.

It may be that downlod pages just require updating, I dont know.

As for the second part

unofficial conversions get place in the download section?

That would be entierly Zadils call, it may make them easier to find but part of my questioning is to discover what more is required once assets exist for any and all choices

Any mod that uses content from Devious Devices requires DD:Assets. It's as simple as that really.

Some mods, as previously stated, contain their own customized version of some devices. That doesn't meant that those mods have merged with DD:Assets but rather that some of the original DD content is overridden or replaced within the context of that individual mod. Furthermore it will most likely still rely on DD:Assets for textures and other non-customized devices.

If you have an questions regarding the description or stated requirements of a specific DD mod other than Assets I suggest that you contact the respective mod author directly as that part is completely up to them.

Any mod that uses content from Devious Devices requires DD:Assets. It's as simple as that really.

Some mods, as previously stated, contain their own customized version of some devices. That doesn't meant that those mods have merged with DD:Assets but rather that some of the original DD content is overridden or replaced within the context of that individual mod. Furthermore it will most likely still rely on DD:Assets for textures and other non-customized devices.

If you have an questions regarding the description or stated requirements of a specific DD mod other than Assets I suggest that you contact the respective mod author directly as that part is completely up to them.

Thank you, that now makes more sense as to the quotes apparent contradiction, the two reasons I posted here was

1. You made the quote and all it said was several Devious mods have assets built in I made a prior post, maybe you havn't seen it,
  2. After reading the quote I went on every Deviant Download page, trying to find out which they were and all just state Assets are required, none stated assets were included. I have been trying to find the answer.

I know you wrote this in first place but just to remind myself, and point out what I thought was meant.

Like Aelie said, several of the Devious mods contain instanced versions of the original assets, making them somewhat independent from the Assets files they originated from but inheriting their body requirements once those instanced have been created.

Not doing so would be a major inconvenience for the authors of these mods due to Skyrim's underlying mechanics and the way these devices have been implemented to make DD's interaction features possible in the first place.

The use of the term instanced is now clearly customized but to me it meant copy.

It is also becoming clear that some download pages are out of date. As both Min and Aelie have stated, in response to my questions, The problem I had is, other than LADL, I had no way to know which mods had copies, now I do. None of them, parts for some are customized versions.

This changes converted asset needs as well, for maximum compatiblity, they must account for any custom assets as well. requiring them to come after the other devious mods, not before.

This is the type of info I've been asking for, those trying to use the currently available assets can only take into account what they know about.

Maybe I just expect more answers than most because thats what I provide for what I know about, which is using Mod Organizer,

Where most answers are given not by the Author at all, but by knowledgable users who try to take that task on, allowing Tannin the maker of Mod Organizer to spend his time on the program. That here my questions have only been answered by the mod makers, I hope is mostly because these changes are still very new and your more knowledgable users will step up as they learn the ropes of the new setup, it's a good way to help a favourite author if you can, the author's time is then better spent actually modding, all then benefit.

Also I know from Experience this one forum thread support is not easy, It's why Mod Organizer Support left Nexus and went to STEP, the advantage that a multithreaded forum was the only reason needed.

However thanks again to Min, Aelie and of course Zadil. Your answers have combined to provide me and I hope others with a better understanding of the new setup. That is the reason I asked the questions to start with.

Well I don't use unpb, but I'll probably try converting any other future stuff to regular unp if it's nothing too complicated :P

New Gags, collars and blindfold seem to work fine even with unp though, didn't touch any of them and I see no clipping or it looking baggy or anything.

The cuffs seem to fit pretty nicely aswell, maybe a small amount of adjusting is needed to them, but not much.

Only things that really need refitting are the actual torso and groin items like the harness, belts and bra's.

No idea if you are planning any new custom footwear that looks alot different then the LaDL slave boots, the feet themselves I think will be fine too, but if it has any thigh or knee high portion attached to it that might need some minor adjusting.

I'm always up for trying my hand at any future gear you make, if you have anything that has the model itself done already without textures I can always try and turn it into a unp version and send it back to you (so I don't have to post it on a random page in this thread and you can just add it do the dl section!)

Coopervane has beaten me to all the other stuff though right now, you can take his zip file and add it to the dl section, seems to have everything in it!

Coopervane has beaten me to all the other stuff though right now, you can take his zip file and add it to the dl section, seems to have everything in it!

It's got all the stuff, but does it have the quality? 

I think what Zadil is really hoping for, is someone who can create conversions like the official ones for 2.6, something of that level of quality.

I don't think my pack comes even close to that. It works, it's hopefully making some people happy, but it's an Outfit Studio conversion, and quite frankly, i haven't the skill and talent of the guy who did the last batch of official conversions.

as Im playing a Khajiit I would like to try to make some gag compatible with that specie,

but before starting the not so easy path of learning everything needed for that, I was wondering if this may have been already been done and I may have missed it?

edit:

I mean ballgag, ringgag, panelgag, and possibly other designs

Would it be possible to add dialogue similar to the armbinder escape via NPC for gags? Basically, "mmmph" a few times at someone and they will offer to try and help. But throw in the unpredictable nature and they might want to be rewarded or that you need more bondage. Gets around gags preventing quest progress without resorting to whole new methods. Sorry if this has been suggested before or if its the wrong thread for implementing this.

as Im playing a Khajiit I would like to try to make some gag compatible with that specie,

but before starting the not so easy path of learning everything needed for that, I was wondering if this may have been already been done and I may have missed it?

edit:

I mean ballgag, ringgag, panelgag, and possibly other designs

Zaria's Restraints has 2 muzzles for the Khajiit.

Would it be possible to add dialogue similar to the armbinder escape via NPC for gags? Basically, "mmmph" a few times at someone and they will offer to try and help. But throw in the unpredictable nature and they might want to be rewarded or that you need more bondage. Gets around gags preventing quest progress without resorting to whole new methods. Sorry if this has been suggested before or if its the wrong thread for implementing this.

Check out Gags+, it adds a way to communicate while wearing gags.

Zaria's Restraints has 2 muzzles for the Khajiit.

thanks (I should have said I knew about these)

but they are not really "sexy" if I can say :D (of course thats purely subjective)

also, they are not implemented into Asset and my goal is (of course after it was reached the quality level required) to get them if not included into Asset, at least as a usable addon for Asset, where it can be used by mod using Asset as a functional gag (functional as in scriptable like the existing gags).

like when the player character is a Khajiit, these may be used instead of the existing ball/ring/panel gag of Asset which, to say the least, dont really fit a Khajiit maw at the moment and look mostly ridiculous if I may say so.

Gags+ adds a poor substitute. It's not easy finding the materials when you first start out. If a NPC can help with an armbinders locks, why is a gag harder?

The armbinder is the exception, not the rule. If the player is unable to get the Gag off, why would an NPC have any easier of a time? (This is an Integration concern, and not Assets, by the way: Please continue the discussion over there, with the rest of the ongoing Gag discussion).

Been away for a long while and saw a lot of updates in LL. Harness! Open back belt! Alternate gags and plugs! Sometime its worth being away for so long and have a lot to play with when you come back lol

Reading through this thread, I hope someone could make a depository for other body type conversions, whether its a collection of links in the OP or a new thread for that body, so it can be easily referred to as opposed to sweeping the thread. Especially with the UNP/B conversions, seems like its dispersed here and there and might confuse the newcomers and impatient users alike. That might alleviate some of the negativity regarding the recent change on focusing towards CBBE only.

UNP conversion up for grabs: attachicon.gifDD-UNP-Reshapes.7z

So awesome, I was coming here to see if there was some UNP versioning going on, thank you! I love them slender females!

So, this is the newest version of the mod, with just unp support? Awsome :)

Also, why can't cbbe + unp versions of the objects be included in the main mod, so people can choose in game?

Or maybe bodyslide support?

So, this is the newest version of the mod, with just unp support? Awsome  :)

Nope. It's a purely unofficial workaround to make the mod playable for UNP(B) users, no more and no less.

Also, why can't cbbe + unp versions of the objects be included in the main mod, so people can choose in game?

Or maybe bodyslide support?

Zadil didn't have the time to make both CBBE and UNPB assets (he's become a buissy man lately), and so decided to only do one of them (which turned out to be CBBE, thus the need for a UNP conversion). 

There was a guy attached to the mod previously who was doing the official UNPB versions, but i've no idea what happened to him, real life got in the way i guess and he nolonger had enough time to work on it? Probably, that's usually how it goes.

For some reason I cannot see the red ball on the ball gags or the ring on the ring gags, any reason?

did you apply the ballgag while in TFC mode? try going back character view mode, it will appear. Then you can go back to TFC mode again

Guest smellbo

My internet has been off for about 3 weeks and...oh my.

New update

Amazing user pics of update (plz moar)

Patches

New items

Isn't it just typical that in the only 3 weeks I don't have internet connection, all the stuff goes down on this thread.