@Min

I see, thanks for the explanation.

@Zadil

It's really not worth the trouble to add a dependency for just one item, so perhaps it's best to circumvent the issue until you have something more substantial in mind.

I do feel, however, that I should clear a few misconceptions:

1) HDT system can add the height displacement either by script or by enchantment property. The latter does not require your mod to have HDT as a dependency, as you can add the height displacement enchantment in game, so long as you have the HDT framework in your load order.

2) The script method is obviously better, as it does not occupy the enchantment slot of the said item, but the script method does require HDT as a dependency. It is, however, not at all difficult to set up the script, as all you have to do is to create a custom spell and set up its magnitude:

ckt6j4q6befg49v43.png

Then link the said spell with the item in question:

ckt6n6hqmx8sdmzer.jpg

Hope this helps.

But like you said, there are still plenty of other options. Working on a body harness for example sounds like fun, but from looking at some of the screenshots around here and playing Aelie's 'Alternate Start - Live a Deviant Life' mod is seems like there is already a good one out there. Hm, maybe a plug or some new headgear then...

Actually i'd love it if you did a harness at some point, for a few reasons:

A: The quality of your work speaks for itself, it'd look good!

B: If it's part of DDA, it'll be part of DDI, and the quality of Min's work also speaks for itself, and we'd probably end up with a harness that can be locked, boost arousal, and spawn nifty little messages like "the harness chafes terribly" or whatnot.

C: It'd be nice to add some bodywear that isen't a belt, just to have something that isen't as restrictive twords what SL animation it can work with.

D: The harness you alluded to only works for CBBE and UNPB+BBP, which means for people wanting to use it with the DD assets, it only works for CBBE (BBP anims don't gel so well with DD, so only the CBBE version works proper). I don't use CBBE, so to me it might aswell not exist.

But like you said, there are still plenty of other options. Working on a body harness for example sounds like fun, but from looking at some of the screenshots around here and playing Aelie's 'Alternate Start - Live a Deviant Life' mod is seems like there is already a good one out there. Hm, maybe a plug or some new headgear then...

B: If it's part of DDA, it'll be part of DDI, and the quality of Min's work also speaks for itself, and we'd probably end up with a harness that can be locked, boost arousal, and spawn nifty little messages like "the harness chafes terribly" or whatnot.

C: It'd be nice to add some bodywear that isen't a belt, just to have something that isen't as restrictive twords what SL animation it can work with.

D: The harness you alluded to only works for CBBE and UNPB+BBP, which means for people wanting to use it with the DD assets, it only works for CBBE (BBP anims don't gel so well with DD, so only the CBBE version works proper). I don't use CBBE, so to me it might aswell not exist.

I think I'd have fun scripting up a harness: there's a fair bit that one could do with a harness, I think. Decent synergy with other devices.

I think I'd have fun scripting up a harness: there's a fair bit that one could do with a harness, I think. Decent synergy with other devices.

Aye, make one where the crotch part can be removed and interchanged with other bits, and there'd be quite a few possibilities. It'd even be possible to use the plugs with it.

It has potential methinks.

Aye, make one where the crotch part can be removed and interchanged with other bits, and there'd be quite a few possibilities. It'd even be possible to use the plugs with it.

It has potential methinks.

Interchangeable bits...like nipple clamps! :P

Ehehehe

Sorry if this is a noobish question but I'm at my wits end trying to fix this. Lydia seems to have started my playthrough wearing a chastity belt (didn't notice it at first under her armor). It doesn't appear in her inventory and I can't get it off her. Can someone please help me save Lydia?

After scripting, in my imagination nipple clamps could be made ​​of soulgem fragments (vibrate / shock), induce arousal, drain/decrease stamina/health, periodic agonizing animations, be lockable magically, be integrated with the chastity bra, block some spells like Lightning Bolt (because the nipple clamps could attract the electricity and give you the same damage), deny orgasms, etc

Think the "try removal by brute force" option! OMG! I would do a animation just for that.

Sorry if this is a noobish question but I'm at my wits end trying to fix this. Lydia seems to have started my playthrough wearing a chastity belt (didn't notice it at first under her armor). It doesn't appear in her inventory and I can't get it off her. Can someone please help me save Lydia?

I think you are using the For the Masses mod. Remove any items you want from her (special armor, weapons etc), dismiss her and resurrect her. That will force her inventory to reset. If she has a belt again, resurrect her again until she doesn't have one.

I am working on revising the For the Masses mod so items are equipped via script and show in the inventory instead of the outfit.

It could be used to lock other items together making them more difficult to remove or require more/different keys. It could also incorporate the corset into it.

I think you are using the For the Masses mod. Remove any items you want from her (special armor, weapons etc), dismiss her and resurrect her. That will force her inventory to reset. If she has a belt again, resurrect her again until she doesn't have one.

I am working on revising the For the Masses mod so items are equipped via script and show in the inventory instead of the outfit.

It worked perfectly. Resurrect 1 brought her back sans chastity with no ill effects. As for FTM I think my problem was running the Outfit Merge patch when I didn't need to.

Anybody who has followed the progress of the assets pack for a while will know that I consider dependencies a deal-breaker for what's essentially a resource mod. Adding SexLab as one took a lot of convincing already and I highly doubt anyone's speech skill is high enough to persuade me to add another one.

Pony boots would be one of the obvious pony gear options, but if those turn out problematic then there are still several other viable pieces of pony gear left that I could give a go.

If you don't want to make HDT-HHS a dependancy (which is fair enough, and i won't try to convince you), then please don't do heels or other extreme footwear like pony-boots, it's a bad idea, it's never going to look good and it'll be a waste of your time.

There are so many other wonderfully devious things you could put your energy into that would turn out far better, don't waste the dev-time on things that will always end up looking bad in the end (and heels without HHS are doomed to look bad, there's just no way around it).

And please don't take this as negativity, it's certainly not ment that way.

On the contrary, I appreciate the heads-up, otherwise I might indeed have ended up wasting time working on non-HDT boots. Since I've no experience with creating heeled footwear or HDT enabled equipment for Skyrim I'll take your word for it and avoid it for now.

That's disappointing, but if you go ahead with items such as pony boots, I'd be happy to make them HDT-enabled for you.

The thing to note is, if you design the boots to fit the actual foot and not compress their length/height to meet the floor, then it is easy to enable hdt to work with them as a dependency or even as a user who has HDT installed via the mcm.

Obviously it would look silly at the correct height if it were designed outside the scope of HDT (squashed down to fit).

TL:DR. PONY BOOTS, DO IT, I MAKE HDT FOR YOU. (Y)

These small disputes "Zadil do this!" or "Zadil dont do that!" are ridiculous and only result to demotivate him to do anything.

As stated earlier, this pool only aims to get an idea of ​​what people want, the result is not absolute.

This mod is the result of a hobby and the author is free to do whatever he wants.

PS.: Sorry, I do not mean to sound angry..just calm down people...

This guy right here (me) has no idea what a pony gear is, and is not sure he wants to know ! Also, he talks in third person since he keeps studying roman epitaphs, and is too tired to realize nobody cares ! 
But may he finally know from where does the "drippy mouth" in the last screenshots comes from ? 

Bonum vesperum, vale condiscipule !

Anybody who has followed the progress of the assets pack for a while will know that I consider dependencies a deal-breaker for what's essentially a resource mod. Adding SexLab as one took a lot of convincing already and I highly doubt anyone's speech skill is high enough to persuade me to add another one.

Pony boots would be one of the obvious pony gear options, but if those turn out problematic then there are still several other viable pieces of pony gear left that I could give a go.

If you don't want to make HDT-HHS a dependancy (which is fair enough, and i won't try to convince you), then please don't do heels or other extreme footwear like pony-boots, it's a bad idea, it's never going to look good and it'll be a waste of your time.

There are so many other wonderfully devious things you could put your energy into that would turn out far better, don't waste the dev-time on things that will always end up looking bad in the end (and heels without HHS are doomed to look bad, there's just no way around it).

And please don't take this as negativity, it's certainly not ment that way.

On the contrary, I appreciate the heads-up, otherwise I might indeed have ended up wasting time working on non-HDT boots. Since I've no experience with creating heeled footwear or HDT enabled equipment for Skyrim I'll take your word for it and avoid it for now.

That's disappointing, but if you go ahead with items such as pony boots, I'd be happy to make them HDT-enabled for you.

The thing to note is, if you design the boots to fit the actual foot and not compress their length/height to meet the floor, then it is easy to enable hdt to work with them as a dependency or even as a user who has HDT installed via the mcm.

Obviously it would look silly at the correct height if it were designed outside the scope of HDT (squashed down to fit).

That's the issue here, that it's an either or situation. Not only would both user groups would require a completely different mesh to avoid unexpected results, but the mod would be split into different versions for HDT and non-HDT users - and fragmentation beyond the inevitable bodytype-adjustments is a dealbreaker for several reasons.

Besides, making one item HDT-enabled would create expectations for the rest of the items to do the same where applicable, therefore making the mod inconsistent.

These small disputes "Zadil do this!" or "Zadil dont do that!" are ridiculous and only result to demotivate him to do anything.

As stated earlier, this pool only aims to get an idea of ​​what people want, the result is not absolute.

This mod is the result of a hobby and the author is free to do whatever he wants.

PS.: Sorry, I do not mean to sound angry..just calm down people...

You're absolutely right in that the poll represents an indication rather than a guarantee, but I don't mind suggestions as long as they stay within reason and are made with the awareness that they may not always be fulfilled.

This guy right here (me) has no idea what a pony gear is, and is not sure he wants to know ! Also, he talks in third person since he keeps studying roman epitaphs, and is too tired to realize nobody cares ! 

But may he finally know from where does the "drippy mouth" in the last screenshots comes from ? 

Bonum vesperum, vale condiscipule !

Nescio. Quaere artifex.

I think this is the right place? Not sure. Either way, when I get a ball gag put on me, my PC doesn't open her mouth, so it looks like I've got a ball kind of... in my lower lip.

Did I do something wrong?

Since it's a gameplay question you'll have more luck finding an answer in the Integration mod support forum, but before that make sure that everything is installed correctly.

Man, I know that you are wary of using hdt in any of these devices, but I just installed it , and it was literally the easiest mod I've ever installed.

See above.

That's the issue here, that it's an either or situation. Not only would both user groups would require a completely different mesh to avoid unexpected results, but the mod would be split into different versions for HDT and non-HDT users - and fragmentation beyond the inevitable bodytype-adjustments is a dealbreaker for several reasons.

Besides, making one item HDT-enabled would create expectations for the rest of the items to do the same where applicable, therefore making the mod inconsistent.

You don't need to package a HDT and non HDT version. We can just swap meshes on equip time depending on if the user has HDT enabled.

You don't need to package a HDT and non HDT version. We can just swap meshes on equip time depending on if the user has HDT enabled.

Without making HDT a requirement in the process? Alright, that takes care of one of the issues then, but the behavior inconsistency issue still stands and working on specialized hdt mesh adaptations will require more time than I can afford any time soon.

Guest smellbo

I've been watching this thread everyday as a guest, since it first appeared  and I have finally decided to make an account.

This mod is 100% "da bess" in my books, and it only gets better! Thanks for making it!!

P.S don't put your time into pony boots without HDT, make something different but just as EPIC

I've been watching this thread everyday as a guest, since it first appeared  and I have finally decided to make an account.

This mod is 100% "da bess" in my books, and it only gets better! Thanks for making it!!

P.S don't put your time into pony boots without HDT, make something different but just as EPIC

Let me officially welcome you to the thread then. Glad to hear that you've been enjoying the mod's contents so far.