SexLab Framework Development

Just a suggestion for a future improvement, though I'm not sure it wouldn't cause a problem with lag if an equipment search is needed.

One of the things I personally find immersion breaking is the quiver not being stripped off. Kimy seems to have managed this in DCL but it would be a useful addition to a future SL upgrade as many mods could then make use of it.

I am aware there's an auto-unequip mod around, but I found it unreliable at times and the quiver suddenly disappearing when you change from a bow is rather jarring in any case. Ideally the quiver should only be removed when you are stripped rather than magically disappearing into thin air on a weapon change.

I don't know if this has been pointed out before, but I'd like to make a suggestion. Whenever I reset the animation registry (for example after installing new animations), all previously untoggled animations are toggled on again, and I have to disable them manually again in "Toggle animations". It would be cool if in the new version SexLab remembered which animations I disabled.

You can enable the Memory Patch in the ENB too, I find enabling it there working better than having it in skse.ini

ENB/ENBOOST moves graphics files to a separate memory space from the Skyrim game memory space and since the ENB memory space is 64bit it isn't subject to the 3GB limit that the Skyrim code is constrained within. This greatly reduces the memory load on the Skyrim code and also pretty much eliminates the chance of running out of memory in the Skyrim code.

OTOH enabling the SKSE memory patch fixes a memory handling FLAW in the Skyrim code which the ENB/ENBOOST code does not touch, it improves the game stability by fixing several other problems that were created by the bad memory handling in the original code.

You need BOTH.

Hmm Interesting didnt know about that, I suppose I will enable both. 

With the new version, will there be the possibility to go back in animation stages. For example, when I went through one set of animations (4 animations), can I select a different animation and start at stage 1? Will that be possible?

This has been available from the very first version, since the Spacebar advances the stage in a sex act, Shift-Spacebar will regress to the previous stage.

Well... no wonder sometimes I went back to the previous stage, or i progress the stages too fast...

Just to come back to this and I realize this is getting off topic. I disabled safety load but I'm now getting fairly consistent infinite loading screens and freezing.

That is what would happen if your SKSE memory patch wasn't actually turned on because SKSE cannot find the skse.ini file.

Check the following thread for how to see if your memory fix is actually working, especially the bit about the memory blocks log.

http://forum.step-project.com/topic/6726-common-ctds-freezes-ils-and-memory-issues/

Thanks testarossa. Good call on this, I think. Turns out I had SSME installed (need to remember that not everything is installed through MO). So I uninstalled it it from the directory, even going so far as to uninstall skyrim, delete the remnants of the skyrim folder and reinstall skyrim and skse from scratch just to make sure there wasn't anything else interfering . But it still seems like the skse.ini config isn't being read. I installed that memory block log mod and it always reads block 1 as being 512MB when it's set to 768 in skse.ini....

Memory block log:

logging of blocks enabled

logging max values only

Timer disabled

Block1 Block2

512MB 256MB

skse.ini:

[Display]

iTintTextureResolution=2048

[General]

ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Memory]

DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768

ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

I also started the game without MO which should eliminate any installed mods. Am I right in thinking that block 1 should read 768MB and not 512MB in the memory block log with this configuration?

Edit: never mind, after some searching it looks like it should read 512. Seems a bit unintuitive. I'll continue testing tomorrow. Hopefully that's the end of bad saves :)

I wanted to ask something. I am using Mod Organizer, but I already installed the Sexlab manually, so if I want to update the sex lab what should I do? Just paste the files and overwrite what is there, or should I reinstall Skyrim and use only the Mod Organizer to install all my mods?

To @Antonio121989, install it using MO without uninstalling the manual install.

Then go in the Data/SKSE directory and copy any SexLab file to the folder inside the ModOrganizer/mods/SexLab

Then uninstall the manual SexLab (if you did not use any mod manager then you have to remove the files, all of them. There is the esp, probably some files in SKSE, possibly some files in source (ssl*.pex, ssl*.psc, SexLabFramework.pex/psc)

Then activate the mod from Mod Organizer.

In case you did not configure SexLab at all then just uninstall it and install using Mod Organizer.

Looking for the word sexlab using windows search, I found this - Sexlab.SEQ, some SexLabQues_SexLabMoanTopic (with some numbers and .fuz), SexLabFramework.pex, SexLabFramework.psc, SexLabUtil.pex, SexLabUtil.psc, SexLabUtil.dll, SexLab.esm, SexLab.log, some .txt, some folders named Sexlab, and folders named SexLabVoiceF and SexLabVoiceM.

There are other files and folders named SexLabCreatures. 

These are pretty much files, if I delete Skyrim (making the backup in the SKSE folder as you said), then reinstall everything from steam, and then open the Mod Organizer and install the Sexlab 1.59, just to make a save before installing the 1.60, will it work?

Looking for the word sexlab using windows search, I found this - Sexlab.SEQ, some SexLabQues_SexLabMoanTopic (with some numbers and .fuz), SexLabFramework.pex, SexLabFramework.psc, SexLabUtil.pex, SexLabUtil.psc, SexLabUtil.dll, SexLab.esm, SexLab.log, some .txt, some folders named Sexlab, and folders named SexLabVoiceF and SexLabVoiceM.

There are other files and folders named SexLabCreatures. 

These are pretty much files, if I delete Skyrim (making the backup in the SKSE folder as you said), then reinstall everything from steam, and then open the Mod Organizer and install the Sexlab 1.59, just to make a save before installing the 1.60, will it work?

No. Unpack the Sexlab File into a temporary location. Every file you see in that temporary location should be removed from your Skyrim install location, yes every file and there are a lot but unless you've manually installed other mods you'll find most of them in folders that contain only Sexlab files.

Anyone else have a problem with facial expressions in 1.60 ? If there is a blowjob animation or any other that forces character to open his/her mouth, the character is stuck with open mouth thru whole animation. Even chanhing to next animation doesn't help. Only thing that fixes it is "mfg reset" command". It even gets stuck when facial expression option is turned off in mcm menu. Also standard expressions are getting stuck on character after scene ends. Tried reseting expression registry and i don't have expression/lipsync turned on together. Anyone have any ideas?

Someone on my tweaked thread mentioned that the Mood Type - Dialog X doesn't reset the mouth correctly between stages.  I dropped those from my tweaked expressions and haven't seen a jittering 'yet'.

That was me, and I may have been wrong. I don't have enough experience to know. I do know that "Dialog [Mood]" expressions deliberately don't or tone down mouth effects of expressions, but are otherwise the same. This is to prevent the lip sync an expression from conflicting for scary results.

But because other people are having expression jittering and locked expressions (mouths, etc) it means that there is a different issue.

However, one of the reasons why you didn't see the Dialog Expressions any different from normal expressions was that parts of other expressions were locking in to replace the missing mouth detail on the dialog expressions.

Someone on my tweaked thread mentioned that the Mood Type - Dialog X doesn't reset the mouth correctly between stages.  I dropped those from my tweaked expressions and haven't seen a jittering 'yet'.

That was me, and I may have been wrong. I don't have enough experience to know. I do know that "Dialog [Mood]" expressions deliberately don't or tone down mouth effects of expressions, but are otherwise the same. This is to prevent the lip sync an expression from conflicting for scary results.

But because other people are having expression jittering and locked expressions (mouths, etc) it means that there is a different issue.

However, one of the reasons why you didn't see the Dialog Expressions any different from normal expressions was that parts of other expressions were locking in to replace the missing mouth detail on the dialog expressions.

Thanks anyways, after updating the expression files they transitioned between stages a bit better in my tweaks. 

I do notice that occasionally it looked like some still try to lip sync, even though lip sync is off in the sexlab options.  Might also cause some of the jitter.  Don't see it very often and can't replicate it unfortunately.

Quick development update:

I think I've finally tracked down and fixed the issue causing the current alpha's install process to frequently crash the game. Fairly sure in anycase, if  I disable the suspected block of animation registration, than I can make 5 successive attempts at resetting the animation registry, if the suspected block of code is re-enabled, I crash during the first or second attempt. Only gave it a go a couple times with it enabled/disabled, but assuming it wasn't just blind luck on the successful attempts, it seemed pretty conclusive.

In anycase, that's one great mystery solved, so expect a new 1.60 beta version sometime in the next week or two.

If anybody whose been experiencing the crash to desktop bug during install/update  with SexLab 1.60 alpha 3 and is willing to test out the possible fix, here's a quick patch that should be applied on top of 1.60 alpha 3: sexlab_160a3_installfix.zip *patch requires skse 1.7.3 (the newer recent beta release)*

I think I've finally tracked down and fixed the issue causing the current alpha's install process to frequently crash the game. Fairly sure in anycase, if  I disable the suspected block of animation registration, than I can make 5 successive attempts at resetting the animation registry, if the suspected block of code is re-enabled, I crash during the first or second attempt. Only gave it a go a couple times with it enabled/disabled, but assuming it wasn't just blind luck on the successful attempts, it seemed pretty conclusive.

In anycase, that's one great mystery solved, so expect a new 1.60 beta version sometime in the next week or two.

If anybody whose been experiencing the crash to desktop bug during install/update  with SexLab 1.60 alpha 3 and is willing to test out the possible fix, here's a quick patch that should be applied on top of 1.60 alpha 3: attachicon.gifsexlab_160a3_installfix.zip *patch requires skse 1.7.3 (the newer recent beta release)*

Thanks for your work Ashal, I 've waited you update for 6 months~ :)

If anybody whose been experiencing the crash to desktop bug during install/update  with SexLab 1.60 alpha 3 and is willing to test out the possible fix, here's a quick patch that should be applied on top of 1.60 alpha 3: attachicon.gifsexlab_160a3_installfix.zip *patch requires skse 1.7.3 (the newer recent beta release)*

Great news !

Will try this ASAP !

Thank you for your hard work !

I've tried the patch but it seems that i can't register more than 125 animations.

I have Non SexLab Animation Pack + zaz + Estrus + Devious Device.

When I reset anim registery in Sexlab, I can't register zaz anims nor estrus.

I've tried to reset Sexlab for upgrade too... but didn't test it on a new game. Will try this.

@Ashal - I have a fringe use case with 1.59 that could still be relevant to the 1.6 beta.

I have been experimenting with race change as part of Hormones.

One thing I noticed is that, after a race change on the player, SexLab.PlayerRef still points to the original playerref... not the new race.

As it stands now, any function using SexLab.PlayerRef will fail after a race change.

Is there a safe way to refresh SexLab.PlayerRef without asking users to do a complete SexLab cleanup?

Maybe this is something SexLab could do internally - check if Game.GetPlayer() is different frm SexLab.PlayerRef and reset the reference automatically without asking users to clean up manually. 

I've tried the patch but it seems that i can't register more than 125 animations.

I've tried to reset Sexlab for upgrade too... but didn't test it on a new game. Will try this.

Confirmed. Using the patch fix I registered the entire NSAP for giggles and after doing that, ZaZ Pack would fail to register. That was using a brand new game.

Confirmed. Using the patch fix I registered the entire NSAP for giggles and after doing that, ZaZ Pack would fail to register. That was using a brand new game.

I fixed this issue by updating FNIS. 

I am running the newest FNIS, newest SKSE, newest everything. :D

Just installed this - I'm using Mod Organizer so I cloned my 1.59c folder and dragged new content into it. Ran update function and everything seems to be working well. Using SKSE 1.7.3 and latest version of FNIS. Animations seem to run faster and no stability issues so far. I've lots of SexLab dependant mods and no issues so far.