SexLab Framework Development

Some testing of 1.7.3 new stuff:

* SpawnerTask --> Good to have a bunch of refs put in a place all together. Never failed for Actors. (But quite complex to start)

* ObjectReference.GetReferenceAliases --> Wonderful to understand where an actor is hold in a ReferenceAlias of a quest

* Actor.ResetAI --> I did not see any difference from Actor.EvaluatePackage().

* Utility.CreateFormArray --> Can create arrays bigger than 128 elements. The resulting arrays have the standard behavior of normal arrays (.find works well on all the items), I already tested it in 1.7.2 beta and was working fine. There was an error in 1.7.2 to initialize an Array of Forms with None values. Now it seems to work fine. Of course these arrays require a huge amount of casts to be applied to normal Script Objects (Actor, ObjectReference, Armor, etc.)

* Quest.GetAliases --> Wonderful to grab an array of (Reference|Location)Aliases to clean them all with a single cycle.

* EnableDiagnostics=1 in skse.ini --> A lot of extra info for developers. A little bit confusing right now...

i wanted to ask something, i wanna test this but is it compatible with the most mods?

or do i need to do something to get everything to work?

Greetings Candiru

ps. sorry for my english

depends on how old teh mod is. most ive used worked fine. older ones probaly updated before 1.5 wont work probaly

Question for the man in charge: Say I wanted to make assets that replace the post-sex cum effect textures. But instead of textures, they would be volumetric polygonal models that basically take up an armor slot (which would also require the use of bodyslide, also not sure which slot). Each asset would be a combination of cum on breasts, ass, pussy, mouth/face, hands(?), and feet(?). So there would be a standalone "equippable" model for:

Cum on Breasts

Cum on Breasts + Ass

Cum on Breasts + Mouth

Cum on Breasts + Pussy

Cum on Breasts + Pussy + Ass + Mouth

Et al..

Would you be able to implement this into the framework if I created and gave you such resources? Or would this be better suited as a separate plugin for the framework somehow?

Sounds intriguing... Can I ask, why models instead of textures? Seems like taking up an armor slot would make the mod incompatible with many other mods, where replacing textures would not.

I'd actually recommend making a separate mod that uses Slavetats, and making it place the specified texture(s) depending on what sex animations are played.

But if you want to use models instead, is it something like a "cum armor" mod you're looking for?

Not necessarily looking for "armor", I was just recently inspired by azmodan's Sextreme Loading Screens and suddenly had the desire to have volumetric cum effects (I still have a cum effect texture replacer installed). I want to get my 3D Studio Max chops back so I wanted to make the resources myself instead of blurting out a [REQ] and hoping someone else would do it :P

Didn't realize armor slots were that rare, I kinda hoped there were a few slot numbers left that wouldn't cause compatability issues.

Question for the man in charge: Say I wanted to make assets that replace the post-sex cum effect textures. But instead of textures, they would be volumetric polygonal models that basically take up an armor slot (which would also require the use of bodyslide, also not sure which slot). Each asset would be a combination of cum on breasts, ass, pussy, mouth/face, hands(?), and feet(?). So there would be a standalone "equippable" model for:

Cum on Breasts

Cum on Breasts + Ass

Cum on Breasts + Mouth

Cum on Breasts + Pussy

Cum on Breasts + Pussy + Ass + Mouth

Et al..

Would you be able to implement this into the framework if I created and gave you such resources? Or would this be better suited as a separate plugin for the framework somehow?

If you sent me the assets I'd play around with it to get an idea of what implementing it would be like, then decide if I want to include it in the framework or not.

If I do decide to include it in the framework, it'd likely be an optional setting, where the user could switch between the current shadereffect or volumetric implementations. My main concern with the volumetric version if implemented, would be that it'd likely have to take up an armor slot cause some, relatively minor, annoyances. 

If I decide not to, It'd be possible to implement in current SexLab as a separate plugin, but not very cleanly, so I'd at the very least have an idea of what kind of new API functions or hooks to add into future versions to accommodate it as a plugin.

azmodan22 was as a matter of fact ready to do this right after he posted the G series . 

(note to self* Talking about yourself in third person is a sign of parania dude  :ph34r: )

So, the only reason I didn't pursue this is because I dont know yet how to create armor in 3ds for Skyrim. It is not difficult. It is not difficult, I did try it in the past but I just didnt have the mood to start looking for more tutorials...

However, I can provide you in 3ds the very same cum effects you see in the loading screens, adjusted on the UNP body, seperately for each part you need. Face, chect, but, pelvis hands and feet. Can you make the "armor" parts out of this?

(hmmm SeXtreme Cumshots... :cool: sounds promising  :rolleyes: )

*Edit

:P

post-96019-0-58683500-1432738271_thumb.jpg

Hi, I had intended to post the monstrosity below but writing it has focused my thoughts a little clearer. However it may be useful for more detail. 

Hi, I'm posting here as much to mull my own thoughts as look for help.

So, something is breaking my SL install and I believe it's got something to do with the animation registry part of SL or at least something that interacts with it. 

Symptom: Saves become unusable. I did not say corrupt because it was pointed out in another thread that skyrim would explicitly say the save was corrupt if it were so. However, these 'unusable' saves can not be loaded by any method - directly loading, load jumping and both save game cleaners can not open the affected saves. The lighter save game cleaner crashes almost immediately the other cleaner loads for 15-20 mins and then throws an error message. I've been using the light save cleaner to test the saves as I go. Usually once one save becomes unusable then all succeeding saves are also unusable which can lead to much lost progress and some frustration  ;)

If I find that a save is unusable while I'm still in game - alt tab out, load the game with save cleaner and it crashes, I can "rebuild and clean" SL which usually fixes the problem. 

Obviously this problem is very insidious - you don't know you've got it until you try to reload but so far I've noticed I've had this problem trigger at several points:

1. Enabling 'allow creature animations'

2. Enabling animations in Non SL animation pack and resetting the registry. 

3. Registering Zaz animations. 

Saving directly after performing these actions both together and exclusively has caused the issue at one time or another. 

Running SL 1.60 Alpha 3 and whatever papyrus util version that comes with it. 

FNIS: 5.4.2

Creature Pack: 5.3

More Nasty Critters 8.24

NSAP: 2.6

Zaz: 6.04

I thought I might have broken SL animation limit which I believe is 350? So, resetting the registry with all animations enabled brings [Animations] to 166 and [Creatures] to 83 = 249 total. So no luck there and besides that I've had the issue with far less registered animations. 

I'm afraid that the problem might somehow be affected by the 'age' of the save as well.

In an effort to find the culprit I recently cut SL mods back to basic and started a new game, adding mods in groups but so far have only managed to narrow it down as far as the above. Before I cut my load order I couldn't start a new game, set all the mcm settings and reset the animations without the saves becoming bad immediately but I just started a new game with my current mods (I nearly have all the mods I used to have reinstalled) and have successfully registered all animations without saves going bad. However I'm unable to register all animations with my current character (only level 8). Here's an example of a list of actions I've just taken and the status of the save directly after performing that action: 

1. Load good save and rebuild SL - Good save. 

2. Enable 'allow creatures animations' - Good save. 

3. Enable all animations in NSAP - Good Save. 

4. Reset animation registry - BAD save. 

5. Register zaz animations - BAD save. 

6. Rebuild and clean SL - Good save. 

7. Disable all NSAP animations - Good save. 

8. Enable 'allow creature animations' - BAD save. 

Here's another example: 

1. Load good save from step one above and rebuild SL - Good save. 

2. Enable allow creature animations - Good save.

3. Enable only one page of NSAP animations - Good save. 

4. Reset animation registry - Good save. 

5. Register Zaz animations - Bad save. 

6. Rebuild SL - Good save. 

As you can see it does not seem to depend on a specific animation pack. 

I'm posting in the hope someone has experienced something similar but searching would suggest otherwise. Apologies for the rambling nature of this post but this is a problem I've been having for a good while and there's a lot of convoluted information involved. 

I've been having an issue with saves becoming unusable. Skyrim does not say explicitly that the save is corrupt but it can not be loaded by any means; loading directly, load jumping and both save cleaners fail to load the affected file. I've begun to suspect that it has something to do with the animation registry or at least something that interacts with the animation registry. After much testing I can say this: 

1. Saves are becoming bad after: 

a) Enabling 'Allow creature animations' in SL

B) Enabling Non SL Animation Pack animations and resetting the animation registry

c) Registering Zaz animations in it's mcm. 

Saves can become bad after any of these actions. All succeeding saves after the first bad save are usually all bad. I say usually but if played for long enough afterwards there may be one or two good saves in between all the bad saves. 

2. Rebuilding and cleaning SL makes saves ok again. 

Could the number of animations I have installed be creating the problem? 

The animation limit for SL 1.60 is 350 if my searching skills are any good, yet my animation count is 249 total (console lists [Animations] up to 166 and [Creatures] to 83 when resetting the animation registry and then registering zaz). Is 350 the limit for full animations or for animation stages? 

But this is the part where my head starts to implode. The above points are true for my existing character (only level 8 and for several characters I've used before have had the same problem). However, contrary to point number 1 above, I have been able to start a new game and enable all animations successfully without bad saves. The problem is that at some point during a play through this problem seems to spontaneously arise and I have not been able to pinpoint the cause. 

So i guess questions are: How would registering animations break saves and how does rebuilding and cleaning fix them? 

Right now I'm going to start a new game. Register all animations and start setting other mods MCM settings to see if that breaks it. This is going to take a while  :-/

Any thoughts are welcome. 

Hi, I had intended to post the monstrosity below but writing it has focused my thoughts a little clearer. However it may be useful for more detail. 

So, something is breaking my SL install and I believe it's got something to do with the animation registry part of SL or at least something that interacts with it. 

Symptom: Saves become unusable. I did not say corrupt because it was pointed out in another thread that skyrim would explicitly say the save was corrupt if it were so. However, these 'unusable' saves can not be loaded by any method - directly loading, load jumping and both save game cleaners can not open the affected saves. The lighter save game cleaner crashes almost immediately the other cleaner loads for 15-20 mins and then throws an error message. I've been using the light save cleaner to test the saves as I go. Usually once one save becomes unusable then all succeeding saves are also unusable which can lead to much lost progress and some frustration  ;)

If I find that a save is unusable while I'm still in game - alt tab out, load the game with save cleaner and it crashes, I can "rebuild and clean" SL which usually fixes the problem. 

Obviously this problem is very insidious - you don't know you've got it until you try to reload but so far I've noticed I've had this problem trigger at several points:

Saving directly after performing these actions both together and exclusively has caused the issue at one time or another. 

More Nasty Critters 8.24

I thought I might have broken SL animation limit which I believe is 350? So, resetting the registry with all animations enabled brings [Animations] to 166 and [Creatures] to 83 = 249 total. So no luck there and besides that I've had the issue with far less registered animations. 

I'm afraid that the problem might somehow be affected by the 'age' of the save as well.

In an effort to find the culprit I recently cut SL mods back to basic and started a new game, adding mods in groups but so far have only managed to narrow it down as far as the above. Before I cut my load order I couldn't start a new game, set all the mcm settings and reset the animations without the saves becoming bad immediately but I just started a new game with my current mods (I nearly have all the mods I used to have reinstalled) and have successfully registered all animations without saves going bad. However I'm unable to register all animations with my current character (only level 8). Here's an example of a list of actions I've just taken and the status of the save directly after performing that action: 

Here's another example: 

I'm posting in the hope someone has experienced something similar but searching would suggest otherwise. Apologies for the rambling nature of this post but this is a problem I've been having for a good while and there's a lot of convoluted information involved. 

I've been having an issue with saves becoming unusable. Skyrim does not say explicitly that the save is corrupt but it can not be loaded by any means; loading directly, load jumping and both save cleaners fail to load the affected file. I've begun to suspect that it has something to do with the animation registry or at least something that interacts with the animation registry. After much testing I can say this: 

B) Enabling Non SL Animation Pack animations and resetting the animation registry

Saves can become bad after any of these actions. All succeeding saves after the first bad save are usually all bad. I say usually but if played for long enough afterwards there may be one or two good saves in between all the bad saves. 

The animation limit for SL 1.60 is 350 if my searching skills are any good, yet my animation count is 249 total (console lists [Animations] up to 166 and [Creatures] to 83 when resetting the animation registry and then registering zaz). Is 350 the limit for full animations or for animation stages? 

But this is the part where my head starts to implode. The above points are true for my existing character (only level 8 and for several characters I've used before have had the same problem). However, contrary to point number 1 above, I have been able to start a new game and enable all animations successfully without bad saves. The problem is that at some point during a play through this problem seems to spontaneously arise and I have not been able to pinpoint the cause. 

So i guess questions are: How would registering animations break saves and how does rebuilding and cleaning fix them? 

Right now I'm going to start a new game. Register all animations and start setting other mods MCM settings to see if that breaks it. This is going to take a while  :-/

Have you?

• Enabled the Memory Patch in SKSE?
  • Removed all other memory patches (Sheson, SafetyLoad, HairCache...)
  • Installed an ENB or the ENBOOST (ENB memory savings w/o ENB overhead)?

If you haven't done those yet, your game is probably unstable to start with and any large collection of mods can have detrimental effects like this.

(Yes, the SKSE memory patch is the ONLY memory patch you need. It fixes the underlying problem, the others only worked on symptoms of the underlying problem and they can cause problems working when the underlying problem is fixed, that's why they should be removed).

Hi Waxenfigure, thank you for replying.

Skse 1.7.2 beta is installed. Memory patch was always enabled. Skse.ini is installed in MO with this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51038/?

SKSE.ini:

[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

Just noticed there's a new skse beta. I'll try installing it. 

Running realvision enb which is supposed to include enb boost. ReduceSystemMemoryUsage is set to true in enblocal.ini.

I had in fact got safety load installed. I will uninstall, start a new game and see if it helps. 

I also had Stable uGridsToLoad installed though uGridsToLoad is set to default 5. Supposedly it helps with stability. I will uninstall this as well just to check. 

inst the SKSE Memory patch included in the SKSE?

There is no ini included in the SKSE download. (In the beta at least)

Spoiler

Right now I'm going to start a new game. Register all animations and start setting other mods MCM settings to see if that breaks it. This is going to take a while :-/

I'm curious... Which version of PapyrusUtil are you using ? The one included in SexLab or the latest (v3 beta 4) ?

Sorry... Ignore me...

You can enable the Memory Patch in the ENB too, I find enabling it there working better than having it in skse.ini

Sorry that's wrong, those are two separate memory patches, the SKSE patch and the ENBoost patch, you need both of them active. You almost certainly only have the ENBoost one active.

You can enable the Memory Patch in the ENB too, I find enabling it there working better than having it in skse.ini

ENB/ENBOOST moves graphics files to a separate memory space from the Skyrim game memory space and since the ENB memory space is 64bit it isn't subject to the 3GB limit that the Skyrim code is constrained within. This greatly reduces the memory load on the Skyrim code and also pretty much eliminates the chance of running out of memory in the Skyrim code.

OTOH enabling the SKSE memory patch fixes a memory handling FLAW in the Skyrim code which the ENB/ENBOOST code does not touch, it improves the game stability by fixing several other problems that were created by the bad memory handling in the original code.

You need BOTH.

Hey guys, sorry if the question was anwered before:

-Will final v.160 be compatible with 1.59c animation aligments and facial expressions? I checked alpha ver and and saw that you can't transfer any of those.

From what I could see in the expression .json files the schema has changed from 1.5 to 1.6, so no you'll have to redo any expressions you have made.

Anyone else dealing with weird facial jitters during animations?

Do you have both facial expressions and lip sync turned on at the same time?

No. I'm thinking it's an error with the new update. During animations, the facial expressions will every now and then jitter between the neutral and applied expression.

Anyone else dealing with weird facial jitters during animations?

Do you have both facial expressions and lip sync turned on at the same time?

No. I'm thinking it's an error with the new update. During animations, the facial expressions will every now and then jitter between the neutral and applied expression.

Someone on my tweaked thread mentioned that the Mood Type - Dialog X doesn't reset the mouth correctly between stages.  I dropped those from my tweaked expressions and haven't seen a jittering 'yet'.

More Nasty Critters 8.24

Here's another example: 

Have you?

• Enabled the Memory Patch in SKSE?
  • Removed all other memory patches (Sheson, SafetyLoad, HairCache...)
  • Installed an ENB or the ENBOOST (ENB memory savings w/o ENB overhead)?

If you haven't done those yet, your game is probably unstable to start with and any large collection of mods can have detrimental effects like this.

(Yes, the SKSE memory patch is the ONLY memory patch you need. It fixes the underlying problem, the others only worked on symptoms of the underlying problem and they can cause problems working when the underlying problem is fixed, that's why they should be removed).

Just to come back to this and I realize this is getting off topic. I disabled safety load but I'm now getting fairly consistent infinite loading screens and freezing. Reinstalled safety load and my game seems much more stable. I'm pretty sure skse memory patch is set up ok and just in case MO wasn't initializing skse.ini before the loader started I moved the ini to the main skyrim folder: 

\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\SKSE.ini

SKSE.ini: 

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

What exactly is the problem with running both SKSE memory patch and safety load together? Is it just that theoretically there should not be any need for safety load with the memory patch installed? 

With the new version, will there be the possibility to go back in animation stages. For example, when I went through one set of animations (4 animations), can I select a different animation and start at stage 1? Will that be possible?

With the new version, will there be the possibility to go back in animation stages. For example, when I went through one set of animations (4 animations), can I select a different animation and start at stage 1? Will that be possible?

This has been available from the very first version, since the Spacebar advances the stage in a sex act, Shift-Spacebar will regress to the previous stage.

This has been available from the very first version, since the Spacebar advances the stage in a sex act, Shift-Spacebar will regress to the previous stage.

Oooh....good to know. Thanks! :shy: