SexLab Framework Development

The Git versions, while sometimes "newer" are considered more backup than stable public release. Patches I post here should be considered more than the git versions. If I haven't announced an alpha/beta release to match with a git update, it's because I don't yet consider the git update ready for public testing.

The git version is also currently very out of date from me current development, specifically a lot of bugs semi-recently reported have been fixed.

So I have to read all 118 pages to collect all patches you made ?

No, just use the latest patch posted and ensure nothing is overwriting it's files. But it's called an alpha for a reason. If you can't deal with bugs than wait for the official release. My point here is more that the issue as you've reported it is more indicative of a broken install/update than anything else. 

sexlab_160a3_installfix.zip - there is the InDebugMode - so I guess I should NOT install this patch?

If you have any plans beyond testing the reason it was posted for, which is install crashes, than no. 

I haven't a clue what we;re even arguing about at this point. I have nothing else to say beyond the fact that as your papyrus log and reported issue indicates, the problem more likely relies in your install than with anything I directly need to fix in the final version of 1.60. InDebugMode is a 100% irrelevant bug/notice that is solely related to mid alpha releases that are prone to bugs and half baked tests, but has absolutely zero to do with creature detection.

Simple answer: without the patch it crashes always during startup.

Creature animations works after reloading animations after import settings. So forget about my report.

Which tells me that the fact that creature animations are intentionally ignored by default until a user enables them in SexLab's MCM, isn't overly obvious. 

The current alpha does not install creature animations until told to do so. This is evidently something I need to work on.

But there are more issues - I get build errors when applying your patch sexlab_160a3_installfix.zip on the SexLab_159c_to_160_ALPHA_3.zip:

sexlab_160a3_installfix.zip/sslAnimationSlots.psc

refers to sslUtility.FilterTaggedAnimations that does not exist in

SexLab_159c_to_160_ALPHA_3.zip/sslUtility.psc

Again, it's an alpha build. Build errors are literally the fatheest thing from my mind at the moment. But regardless, that error yet still further proves you're uising a semi updated version of SexLab, missing various updated files.

So SexLab_159c_to_160_ALPHA_3.zip from

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18708-sexlab-framework-development-160-alpha-3-patch-available-feb-27/?p=1066209

is not the correct file?

In that sslUtility.psc there is no sslUtility.FilterTaggedAnimations

Which is the correct file? You said I need only the latest patch - and that is sexlab_160a3_installfix.zip from

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18708-sexlab-framework-development-160-alpha-3-patch-available-feb-27/?p=1198333

but this refers to sslUtility.FilterTaggedAnimations

Now I am confused: I would like to help beta testing - but for that I must have a correct version - that seems to be complicated and not obvious...

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18708-sexlab-framework-development-160-alpha-3-patch-available-feb-27/?p=1066209

is not the correct file?

Which is the correct file? You said I need only the latest patch - and that is sexlab_160a3_installfix.zip from

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18708-sexlab-framework-development-160-alpha-3-patch-available-feb-27/?p=1198333

Now I am confused: I would like to help beta testing - but for that I must have a correct version - that seems to be complicated and not obvious...

Download the current sexlab version(non Beta) then download the Sexlab version 1.60Alpha3 (link at the start of the first post) after that download this patch  http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18708-sexlab-framework-development-160-alpha-3-patch-available-feb-27/page-116?do=findComment&comment=1198333

Once you do that extract the Non Beta sexlab version and 1.60 alpha3 , then copy and paste the 1.60 Alpha 3 in the Sexlab folder.

After you do that extract the patch (link above) and copy and paste that.

Then make it an archive and install it by NMM or MO.

Ofcourse you must have the latest FNIS and SKSE(1.7.3)

is not the correct file?

Download the current sexlab version(non Beta) then download the Sexlab version 1.60Alpha3 (link at the start of the first post) after that download this patch  http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18708-sexlab-framework-development-160-alpha-3-patch-available-feb-27/page-116?do=findComment&comment=1198333

Once you do that extract the Non Beta sexlab version and 1.60 alpha3 , then copy and paste the 1.60 Alpha 3 in the Sexlab folder.

After you do that extract the patch (link above) and copy and paste that.

Then make it an archive and install it by NMM or MO.

Ofcourse you must have the latest FNIS and SKSE(1.7.3)

This is exactly what I have done - and I still get build errors (sslUtility.FilterTaggedAnimations) after applying the patch.

The patch does not match to the 1.60 alpha3 - the sslUtility contains neither in 1.59c nor in 1.60 a3 a FilterTaggedAnimations function (and others) - and even the patch does not contain an other sslUtility - thats why I suppose that Ashal released a patch for a version that he has not released before - or the patch is incomplete.

To complete the confusion: The git version of sslUtility contains the FilterTaggedAnimations and all the other functions that are used in the latest patch.

Are you using Mod Organizer, some other manager or are you installing sexlab manualy?

If using MO:

Are all the files in same mod folder? (sexlab 1.59 files overwriten by 1.60 alpha files and then overwriten by alpha patch) Installing in multiple folders could cause script conflicts (i had texture conflicts few times). Also check owervrite folder for some leftovers.

This is same procedure you should do if installing manualy.

Did you install SKSE 1.73?

Did you run FNIS?

Did you rebuild SexLab?

If you have issues even after doing all of the above try to wait for another patch or update.

To complete the confusion: The git version of sslUtility contains the FilterTaggedAnimations and all the other functions that are used in the latest patch.

Are you using Mod Organizer, some other manager or are you installing sexlab manualy?

If using MO:

Are all the files in same mod folder? (sexlab 1.59 files overwriten by 1.60 alpha files and then overwriten by alpha patch) Installing in multiple folders could cause script conflicts (i had texture conflicts few times). Also check owervrite folder for some leftovers.

This is same precedure you should do if installing manualy.

did you install SKSE 1.73?

Did you rebuild SexLab?

Did you run FNIS?

If you have issues even after doing all of the above try to wait for another patch or update.

I simply unpacked the four different files (1.60git, 1.59c, 1.60a3, a3 patch) separately and compares the content. If I install it like Ashal said : 1.59c + 1.60a3 + a3 patch I get build errors whenever I need to compile a sexlab file in CK.

But I think we should cut the discussion - the patch does definitely not match to 1.60a3 but to 1.60git.

It has nothing to do with FNIS or SKSE. I'll wait until Ashal releases a consistent 1.60a4 or correct patch.

Well any Issues we run in might somehow give Ashal an idea as to what  the problem is.

Other than that, keep in mind that this is the Alpha version of the mod, tons of bugs and sometimes the mod might not work even after you install it correctly.

Having patience will save us all :P.

Thank you! (last useful post on this page).

Thank you.

Can't remember its title, but there was a fancy stripping mod I saw in one of shinji72's videos. Are there any plans to integrate that or something similar in the new version of the framework? Maybe stripping can be turned into a new stage that takes place before the foreplay stage, with custom animations including user made ones that can be turned on and off.

PS. Pardon me for asking if this has already been discussed.

Can't remember its title, but there was a fancy stripping mod I saw in one of shinji72's videos. Are there any plans to integrate that or something similar in the new version of the framework? Maybe stripping can be turned into a new stage that takes place before the foreplay stage, with custom animations including user made ones that can be turned on and off.

PS. Pardon me for asking if this has already been discussed.

This one?:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/44726-serialstrip/

But there are more issues - I get build errors when applying your patch sexlab_160a3_installfix.zip on the SexLab_159c_to_160_ALPHA_3.zip:

I for one never use the update files if I can help it. If there is a full install I will always download and use that.

I for one never use the update files if I can help it. If there is a full install I will always download and use that.

A frequent error is for people to download JUST the patch file and install it without first installing the file to be patched.

A habit of always using the FULL install is a good one.

Would it be possible to attach custom Sexlab voices (moaning etc.) to a custom NPC follower?

Yes, there are a couple ways. Just create an sslBaseVoice and then assign it to an npc using SexLab.SaveVoice(Actor ActorRef, sslBaseVoice Voice)

To create the custom voice, you could do it two ways.

1) You could create a custom voice using the factory objects. This is probably the cleanest method, but you'll need to recreate the custom voice everything same resets the factory, which the OnInit() modevents in this example should handle.

scriptname AssignMyCustomVoice extends Quest

SexLabFramework property SexLab auto

Sound property CustomMild auto
Sound property CustomMedium auto
Sound property CustomHot auto

Actor property MyFolower auto

function AssignVoice()
	sslBaseVoice CustomVoice = SexLab.GetVoiceObject("MyCustomVoice")
	if !CustomVoice
		CustomVoice = SexLab.NewVoiceObject("MyCustomVoice", self)

CustomVoice.Name    = "My Custom Voice"
		CustomVoice.Enabled = true

CustomVoice.Mild   = CustomMild
		CustomVoice.Medium = CustomMedium
		CustomVoice.Hot    = CustomHot
	endIf

SexLab.SaveVoice(MyFollower, CustomVoice)
endFunction

event OnInit()
	RegisterForModEvent("SexLabInstalled", "AssignVoice")
	RegisterForModEvent("SexLabUpdated", "AssignVoice")
	RegisterForModEvent("SexLabReset", "AssignVoice")
endEvent

2) You could also create a custom voice script by extending sslBaseVoice and attaching it to a RefrenceAlias:

scriptname MyCustomVoice extends sslBaseVoice

SexLabFramework property SexLab auto

Sound property CustomMild auto
Sound property CustomMedium auto
Sound property CustomHot auto

Actor property MyFolower auto

function Initialize()
	parent.Initialize()

Name    = "My Custom Voice"
	Enabled = true

Mild   = CustomMild
	Medium = CustomMedium