The Witcher 3

kamileuszb

People will throw rocks at me.

I've been a fan of witcher ever since, and most likely going to be a little girl again when I get my hands on this.

With that said I laughed so hard when they bashed skyrim. I wanted to bash them badly, I wanted to tell them does your game W2 have millions of active players even after uhmmm 2011 - 2014 almost 2015 , 4 years?

I bet W3 will be awesome but after a period of time Skyrim will still be played most after the next tes arrives.

Oh 3DNPC mod makes skyrim unbland :P npcs are alive funny and awesome.

On another side not oblivion still had millions of players active before skyrim came out. Just saying..

Guest Plastrader

Most likely, I just wish W3 will stay away from what a strain to the graphics and ram DeadRising3 and Watchdogs was.

I sure hope so because my graphics card loaths DX9 games.

I couldn't play TW2 because no matter what I did in terms of tweaking the graphics it was to no affect, it didn't scale one bit.

Compared to Skyrim, which is also a DX9 game, but can be tweaked so even my graphics card can stand it.

Most likely, I just wish W3 will stay away from what a strain to the graphics and ram DeadRising3 and Watchdogs was.

I sure hope so because my graphics card loaths DX9 games.

I couldn't play TW2 because no matter what I did in terms of tweaking the graphics it was to no affect, it didn't scale one bit.

Compared to Skyrim, which is also a DX9 game, but can be tweaked so even my graphics card can stand it.

Stupid suggestion, but here it goes, did you try

downgrading your latest gfx drivers? I downgraded

my HD6570 2gb to older ones and it boosted skyrim

fps to a whooping +15. Took a while though. Had

fraps fps monitoring active and tried every driver of

my card from 2012-2014 beta.

Guest Plastrader

That's an brilliant idéa, but my graphic card, or computer manufacturer(Toshiba) doesn't allow me to either upgrade or downgrade their GPU, they've locked it.. :(

People will throw rocks at me.

I've been a fan of witcher ever since, and most likely going to be a little girl again when I get my hands on this.

With that said I laughed so hard when they bashed skyrim. I wanted to bash them badly, I wanted to tell them does your game W2 have millions of active players even after uhmmm 2011 - 2014 almost 2015 , 4 years?

I bet W3 will be awesome but after a period of time Skyrim will still be played most after the next tes arrives.

Oh 3DNPC mod makes skyrim unbland :P npcs are alive funny and awesome.

On another side not oblivion still had millions of players active before skyrim came out. Just saying..

Mods are not skyrim, cut mods out and then how long It would last?

After 20h with vanillia skyrim I had enouth.

Guest Plastrader

Mods are not skyrim, cut mods out and then how long It would last?

After 20h with vanillia skyrim I had enouth.

925 hours, and counting.

None of them are with mods.

I've played through the main quests, all "guild" quests, set my self on discovering all locations and some "hidden"

My guess is that all games are what you allow them to be.

I did the same with Fallout 3 and NV to some extent too.

I'm not done with the vanilla achievements yet and I haven't got any of the DLC ones,(not that I ever will because Bethesda is dead to me)

with only 20 hours I could say that you haven't given it a fair chanse, Skyrim deservs that.

• 2 weeks later...

That trailer now makes it official with me: I not only want to play this game soon now ...

no, I also want a Witcher movie. Or series. And as this CGI-Trailer looks more realistic than the polish TV-series they should just go this CGI-Route...

That trailer now makes it official with me: I not only want to play this game soon now ...

no, I also want a Witcher movie. Or series. And as this CGI-Trailer looks more realistic than the polish TV-series they should just go this CGI-Route...

This guys that are making CGI for witcher are making a witcher move, but live actor one.

I can tell that they know what they are doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Not long to go now!! February can't get here soon enough. Witcher 2 was a fantastic game in every respect, I cannot wait to see what the third game has to offer.

I just bought me the book-series, I surely will ahve them through by February and then have all the details on Ciri, Geralt, Yennefer ... not that I did spoiler myself already a bit ... but no wiki-page can substitute a true reading-experience :lol:

And it just gets better: http://www.gog.com/news/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_free_dlc_announcement

16 DLC's will follow the release of The Witcher 3 and they will all be FREE!

Okay ... a funny little punch at today's gameing-industry. "Hey look fans, we have plenty of hairstyles and armour created, and instead of being right on the disk you'll get it as DLC for free, to download seperatly!" Funny, and I wonder how people will react to the first DLC-Announcements to Dragon Age and Co ... with a Qunari-Hairstyle-Mod for 1.99 €?

Marketing, image- and famebuilding at its best. CD Red knows what gamers want to hear (and to believe)

And it just gets better: http://www.gog.com/news/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_free_dlc_announcement

16 DLC's will follow the release of The Witcher 3 and they will all be FREE!

Thats the reason why i bought The Witcher 3 moment it was available on GOG.COM.

100% DRM FREE and as with The Witcher 2 DLC for free.

I BOYCOT so many games including DA:I not only because of DLC you must buy on launch day or after also it's not DRM free you must play it on ORIGIN which will never be installed on my HDD same apply for Uplay from UBISOFT which i also BOYCOT.

CD Project probably one of true last PC developers. That's why im big fan of CDProject and there games.

Fuck console ports fuck console games fuck origin-uplay EA-UBISOFT-SONY-BLIZZARD(because of there stupid games like wow) and all who develop games for consoles and port them then to PC and me PC gamer get the crap i don't want.

Skyrim is exception because i play series sinds 1999 and im huge fan of rpg's and open free worlds plus MODS it's because of MODS i love skyrim without mods i would not play skyrim.

Can't wait for The Witcher 3 100% DRM FREE from GOG.COM.

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately, this means W3 will have to wait since the requirements are way too high even though I meet most of the minimal requirements except for the CPU. From what I know about CD Projeck, most of their games are awesome to play but require a lot from the PC. Same thing happened with the Witcher 2. Awesome to look at but was a bitch to run when first launched. Now with the v2.0 patches, it's a lot more smoother in many places and the graphic drivers caught up. So until the patches come out, I'll probably give this a miss which is good since I'm most going to be playing Destiny, Bloodborne and finish DAI before I start this.

For Witcher 3 we are aiming to release the REDKit sooner than we did with The Witcher 2. The reasons for the late release of the tool was so we could make it more accessible for the modder community. We don't want to release a tool that will be troublesome and too complex. At the same time we aim to release it much earlier.

Skyrim is the King of RPG's and specially mods.

The Witcher 3 maybe not sold 24 million copys but it will be AWESOME and with MODS.

As i see now and all info i have i prolly quit skyrim and start The Witcher 3 first normal play through without mods and later hopefully with mods.

I bought the game already on GOG.COM 100% DRM FREE!!!

For Witcher 3 we are aiming to release the REDKit sooner than we did with The Witcher 2. The reasons for the late release of the tool was so we could make it more accessible for the modder community. We don't want to release a tool that will be troublesome and too complex. At the same time we aim to release it much earlier.

Skyrim is the King of RPG's and specially mods.

The Witcher 3 maybe not sold 24 million copys but it will be AWESOME and with MODS.

As i see now and all info i have i prolly quit skyrim and start The Witcher 3 first normal play through without mods and later hopefully with mods.

I bought the game already on GOG.COM 100% DRM FREE!!!

I hope you have a powerful PC, otherwise will the nix (nothing) :P

performance requirements!

Minimal

CPU    Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz (Phenom II X4 940) 

GPU    GeForce GTX 660 (Radeon HD 7870) 

RAM    6 GB      

HDD    40 GB 

Operating system Windows 7 Windows 8 (8.1) 64 Bit

Recommended

CPU    Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz (AMD FX-8350 4 GHz)

GPU    GeForce GTX 770 (Radeon R9 290)

RAM    8 GB

HDD    40 GB

Operating system Windows 7 Windows 8 (8.1) 64 Bit

Archived