The Witcher 3

kamileuszb

Ahh but all of those are a choice on the players side of it, You can choose not to sleep with the whores in flotsum and at henselts camp plus you can turn down Ves and the Elf girl...technically you can even not sleep with Triss at the elven bath but who in their right mind would do that?

Honestly I'm surprised they didn't try to get Sile or Phillipa to sleep with geralt...Saskia would have been a target too if she was human and not a dragon.

Indeed. Mind you, it's not like Geralt is a saint, either. Since he returned, you could say he fell in love with Triss, and even then, you're not even really faithful to her either, as you can and occasionally do sleep with every woman under the sky. I don't think they have "that" kind of relationship, either way, I don't think fidelity seems to be high their respective priorities.

I still think it has prmarily to do with the fact that Sorcerers/esses and Witchers are all infertile. That seems to make them all rather promiscuitive...only sex, no responsibilities afterwards, or concerns that some peasant-girl ploughed by a witcher will turn up at witcher keep asking for money for the little crying love-bundle in her arms...(This, as I see it, is also the reason No. 1 why Geralt is successful with so many girls...fun without fear....)

Now it is all up to the player if Geralt is faithful etc. But I like it that you can decide yourself the "morale"-standards. If Geralt and Yennefer/Triss are into open relationships, why not? Not all fantasy/fairytale-love-affairs need to be monogamistic (that's an english word?).

Though...thinking about all that...as different example I never really liked the way Rand al'Thor from Wheel of Time banged around with three rather lovely and intelligent girls at the same time...but then I never liked him as well in the first place, in contrast to the far more sympathetic Geralt...

Didn't they say TW3 will be the end of the series? Or it's just the end of the tales of Geralt? I am a big fan of TW, and hope they would grant us a lot of freedom and ability to mod the game when they release it.

It is end of Gerald as playable protagonist.

Didn't they say TW3 will be the end of the series? Or it's just the end of the tales of Geralt? I am a big fan of TW, and hope they would grant us a lot of freedom and ability to mod the game when they release it.

LOL, Bioware also said that ME3 would be the last of the ME Games yet they are making a 4th.

LOL, Bioware also said that ME3 would be the last of the ME Games yet they are making a 4th.

Well, Bioware says A LOT and everything needs to be taken with a grain of salt...(reading those latest news about Dragon Age 3 makes me frown if they really understand RPGS anymore...)

AS for CD Projekt Red, so far at least they have done some things differently und unexpected, compared to EA/Bioware and other companies. First I am curious about there next project after Witcher 3 (a cyberpunk-setting RPG).

And a possible continuation of Geralts story depends a lot on how Witcher 3 will be recepted by both fans and critics, as well, of course, how the story unfolds.

The thing is: Geralt has become quite strong over the course of three games (gladly they avoided the whole "Geralt dies in part 2/3 so we can start anew...looking at you, Mass Effect....). So for a Witcher 4 they had to bend it quite a lot to make it logical for havng a "weak" Geralt again? Not to mention his...private life and relationships, which are to some extend the main story afterall (War? "Undead" Wild Hunt? pft...)

unlikely, though pretty cool, would be a quasi-Witcher 4 starring Ciri? She practically is Geralts daughter, trained as a Witcher, has magic powers and travels through time and space...nice background for a return to Witcherland. And female protagonists always are a plus...

All I hope is that they never, ever try to make the Witcher-World into an MMORPG...*shudder*. Nobody wants or needs that...

Guest carywinton

Bioware uses "Deflective Propaganda and Plausible Deniability" to purposely misdirect the public, thereby keeping their current projects that much safer from public detection. Yes if you noted that sounds like a covert government agency tactic, just where do you think they got it from? The Witcher's third installment will be quite impressive from just a true 3D rendering aspect, REDengine 3 is most impressive, especially with physics, look for some really cool effects and animations never seen before. Frostbyte 3 engine which is being used for Dragon Age inquisition also shows some impressive results.

As to their approach or lack of it with their bashing of Skyrim, yes that was not really a smart move on their part, especially bashing a development house that sits under a multi-billion dollar industry, Zenimax. CDProjekt better hope this game is a smash hit, or their options outside of The Witcher for continued work will be quite limited. There are already certain top flight execs. from major entertainment industries talking a "black ball". :cool:

unlikely, though pretty cool, would be a quasi-Witcher 4 starring Ciri? She practically is Geralts daughter, trained as a Witcher, has magic powers and travels through time and space...nice background for a return to Witcherland. And female protagonists always are a plus...

Wait...Is Ciri indeed Geralt's daughter? I thought all witcher are unable to reproduce? I have no doubt she will play a rather big role in TW3, it's named "Wild hunt" after all. Heck, I'd love to have her as a playable character at some point of the game, maybe a quest or two when Geralt is in a coma or in need of help or something, that would be awesome. 

That could be interesting but at the same time weird. it would require the witcher class to be gender locked since it seems women can't become witchers<----don't actually understand the logic behind that one.

True all witchers we have seen in games so far are all men, but it doesn't mean there could be exceptions, I don't recall it's said in game witcher is strictly a profession for just men. I remember seeing "female witcher" in the witcher TV show on youtube, although I can't make out whether she is indeed a female witcher or just a regular warrior woman to serve the order of the witchers.

Yeah, here is the video and from the looks of her outfit and weapon, she indeed looks like one:

As to their approach or lack of it with their bashing of Skyrim, yes that was not really a smart move on their part, especially bashing a development house that sits under a multi-billion dollar industry, Zenimax. CDProjekt better hope this game is a smash hit, or their options outside of The Witcher for continued work will be quite limited. There are already certain top flight execs. from major entertainment industries talking a "black ball". :cool:

Tactful or not, to be fair, I'd hedge my bets CD Project Red could do a game orders of magnitude beyond anything Bethesda could with only a fraction of the budget. They basically did just that with TW1 and TW2. My worries with TW3 is more that this is new ground for them and a departure from their previous titles approach (and quite possibly what made them good to start with) over any budgetary concerns. With the success of the TW franchise and GoG I think they probably have mo money than they know what to do with at the moment.

In a way, I'm glad they're bringing the "Geralt" angle to a close. I don't believe they've said this will be their last foray into the TW world, simply the end of Geralt's chapter. Likewise, I don't think Bioware ever said ME3 was going to be the end of the "ME" franchise but simply that particular story arc. (Don't quote me on that!) - In both cases though, I do prefer it when they don't milk it or the characters. Leave it fresh, go and do something else, and then return with something new and exciting. I was happy with Shep's end of the journey (I know, the horror!) and I will be happy with Geralt's if they wrap it up properly. Their next project sounds pretty amazing in and of itself (Cyberpunk 2077) and if they hope to return to the TW franchise after that or in the future, an adventure with Ciri would be pretty amazing.

As has been discussed, she's practically a daughter to Geralt and Yennefer, and the logical continuation to the saga. She'd make one hell of a protagonist, and would open up all sorts of new avenues for the TW world. I really hope she features in TW3 in some form or another.

As you can see, I seriously cannot wait to play this game enough!  :heart:

Wait...Is Ciri indeed Geralt's daughter? I thought all witcher are unable to reproduce? I have no doubt she will play a rather big role in TW3, it's named "Wild hunt" after all. Heck, I'd love to have her as a playable character at some point of the game, maybe a quest or two when Geralt is in a coma or in need of help or something, that would be awesome.

I don't think I posted any spoilers....

All Witchers as well as magic-users in general are infertile and cannot reproduce naturally. This is actually the most hard and painful thing for Yennefer to bear, as sheyearns to have a child of her own, and tried some things to counter that (including hunting a very special dragon...)

There was, however, one important story "The last wish" (with a hell of a joke that makes me smile just again) that is considered to be the start of the ciri-Angle somehow. Later another story introduced the parents of Ciri (a princess and a cursed prince), and Ciri was taken a couple of years after her birth by Geralt as "payment" (its more complicated than this, that just somehow wraps it up)

So far I haven't read the actual Witcher-Books, but those evolve mostly about Ciri and...well..her battle against a certain Wild-Hunt which is not what it seems to be at first glance...

Not totally sure about that whole male Witcher thing. IIRC its truly a men's world only. Maybe a bit like Warhammer 40k Space Marines are exclusively male due to some...gene-manipulation mambo jambo science magic or whatever. Ciri also doesn't seem to be changed into a witcheress genetically like Geralt, but trained in their manner. She has powerful magic however, and certain abilities that make her extremely wanted by the Wild Hunt. Yennefer and Triss both were teachers of her, I believe...

However, if one is truly more into Geralt than the two games: read at least some of the short-story collections (The sword of destiny, the last wish)

They are very entertaining and actually funny without being stupid. Especially when you are a bit familiar with classical western fairytales and eastern folklore...I love the authors spin at "The beauty and the beast" - Witcher style...

Bioware said ME3 will be the latest game about Shepard, ending of shepard trilogy.

ME4 will be about someone different or even in different universe/time setting.

And I hope for quick release of modding tools for W3 too.

Sorry for my english, no copy pasterino.

Yeah, here is the video and from the looks of her outfit and weapon, she indeed looks like one:

Important note:

This is one of the worst polish TV shows ever made. It's based VERY LOOSELY on Witcher books (Last Wish, Sword of Destiny). Seriously, Witchers with katanas?

I'm polish, I know how bad it is.

@jxm

Heavy spoilers about Ciri's fate in last Witcher books.

Ciri may have settled in the last Witcher book. The last world she visited was arturian Britain. Ciri was found while bathing in a lake by Galahad. Obviously he took her for Lady of the Lake and asked for sword. Ciri explained herself and they went away together.

Also Wild Hunt in books has only minor role. Last books are about Ciri trying to survive in harsch world without anything and Geralt searching for her. Time was limited, because some rogue mage Vilgefortz wanted her child or fetus for experiments with worlds, dimensions and of course absolute power. How the hell did she get that power, i don't remember. She used it only at the end of the last Witcher book to help Geralt's team fighting in Vilgefortz's hidden castle and to take Geralt&Yennefer away from Rivia.

This only-male Witcher thing. Go back to the first game and go through prologue again. One of Witchers (polish name Eskel, the one with scar) explains how new Witchers were trained in Kaer Morhen.

Sorry for my english, no copy pasterino.

Important note:

This is one of the worst polish TV shows ever made. It's based VERY LOOSELY on Witcher books (Last Wish, Sword of Destiny). Seriously, Witchers with katanas?

I'm polish, I know how bad it is.

Clearly you haven't watched first episodes of Doctor Who ;)

It looked awful but still it was enjoyable.

He's talking about polish tv shows, but to be precise, the series was first introduced as a full-length movie in theaters and I was unlucky enough to attend one with my class to watch it (this time we had to pay for no lessons with our sane minds). Man, it sucked ass like a vacuum cleaner: the acting, the actors, the fucking cgi... Then they added some scenes and split it into the TV show, which overall was slightly better as the timeline made MUCH more sense.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

WHAT'S BEEN SEEN CANNOT BE UNSEEN!

Archived