The Witcher 3

kamileuszb

it is possible that maybe I'm a better person. :) 

in most people, it is such, all she not know is nasty and must be killed. thereafter make she himself thoughts, perhaps it was not nasty,

perhaps even very good, but one forget she, dead stays dead! :o 

such it is also with the little boy in the game, whence want you know whether he evil is,

it is quite possible that he will be forced by the bandits or that his family is being blackmailed? ;)

That may be the case, but not a valid reason why the kid should be exempt from death. He very well could be the son of a bandit who will eventually grow up to replace his father, and maybe just like his father, he enjoys sending people into a death trap then loot their corpses.

Also, if you think that a child shouldn't be killed because he may be "innocent", what makes you think that animals or monsters you kill in the game aren't "innocent"? Geralt, or the witchers in general are nothing but mercenaries trained to kill monsters for money, most players would also turn him into a thief and a looter. Do you think Geralt have any right to judge people in order to decide whether or not they deserve death if they are not "innocent"? Hardly. Not to mention he is a professional monster killer, a "monster" in the eyes of monsters. In the imaginary world of The Witcher, you are lead to believe that monsters are evil and must be exterminated. In the real world, us, humans are probably the only monsters, who'd kill for profit or simply for fun, what would you make of your own kind? In the real world, a human child is practically a baby monster.

I also would like to remind you that being incapable of having empathy for anything that you're not familiar with in real life is a dangerous thing, and may potentially lead to xenophobia, among other things. Hope you don't have some xenophobic tendencies as being a "better person".

You can't hurt a children(or any kind of cute creature) in today’s games,cause some mtf (people(sic)) will always trying to ice-skate uphill (blade1)and from the graphical representation of violence, in a game will jump in to reality.

So in pretty much any recent game and also because of the political correctness of today.

The developers are being cautious not to provoke the public or find themselves fined with a huge amount of money or even worst find they’re game sold in local sex stores for 4.99$.

And that is about all there is to it.

Censoring violence in movies or in video games in order to prevent real world violence is the dumbest idea. The world was a lot more violent place before the Internet, before video games or movies, or even before books. Violence has always been in human nature, all you can do about it is to help people develop empathy, so that they'll know why it's bad. Censoring violence is basically creating a sterile environment. People who were raised in such an environment will never know why violence is bad because they didn't take the necessary vaccination. You'll end up with a nation of people with underdeveloped empathy, which is basically a bomb waiting to explode.

You are right and wrong at the same time, yes is dumm but on the other hand …

I can only hypothesize since I am not a psychologist or an analyst of human behavior-the only thing I know well is pumps - with what I have given by the internet, books, friends and of course me.

For example pedophiles of course there were a lot before the net, but now they can share thought ideas find what ever they're evil sick heart desires and unite to fulfill they're unnatural needs.  

Yes  “Violence has always been in human nature”, but so there was the tendency to overcome our nature and became simply better.

Now about sterille enviroment I never said that, as you can see my fellow forumite I play-only-extremely violent games and promote others to do so. Plus “empathy” the word has a different meaning I my half greek brain maybe apathy is a better word for this.

A “nation of people with underdeveloped empathy” interesting theory' Nations are formed under a melting pot of interests and same characteristics like language, religion, currency etc. Sadly people this version anyway are aggressive by they’re nature so it is impossible,maybe if we isolate them hmm.......

Anyway back to topic I like you send me a pm with your GoG account name so I can add you as friend there (sadly I haven't got any I've lost my witcher forums account during the transaction and had to re-register).

Hey! Let's bash Skyrim and then ape the shit out of it!

Oh and I see CD Projekt's understanding of character appeal is deep, man. Geralt now has a beard!

what ?

I'm referring to how CDPR have been calling Skyrim "generic" and unsatisfying for months now, and now come up with an open world RPG in a northern tundra.

I am not fond of arrogance or hypocrisy, and personally think they're setting themselves up for a fall.

What is CDPR? Google says "

California Department of Pesticide Regulation "

Hey! Let's bash Skyrim and then ape the shit out of it!

Oh and I see CD Projekt's understanding of character appeal is deep, man. Geralt now has a beard!

what ?

I'm referring to how CDPR have been calling Skyrim "generic" and unsatisfying for months now, and now come up with an open world RPG in a northern tundra.

I am not fond of arrogance or hypocrisy, and personally think they're setting themselves up for a fall.

What is CDPR? Google says "

California Department of Pesticide Regulation "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD_Projekt_RED

Archived