SexLab Romance Including Source - Updated 19th Aug 2014

Nono, it happens when i tell them that i changed my mind (and of course also when they reject me). I checked the "ignore cooldown after successfull attempt" box in the options menu, i shouldve said that, sorry :)

By default there is a cooldown period whether you are successful in romancing them or not, Ignore cooldown after successful attempt simply does away with the cooldown period after you have managed to romance someone. If they reject you then the cooldown is still in place regardless.

As for your other issue try this. First see what position in you load order SexLabRomance.esp is, if you use NMM just look at the Plugins tab, you want the Load Order (a hex number) not the index. Note down the two digit hex code then load up your saved game.

Once the game loads bring up your console and type player.addfac xx008A6C 0 but replace the xx with the two digit hex code of Romances load order.

When you speak to an NPC during the game your rank in this particular faction is checked to see how many potential lovers you have (should be 1 or 2) to choose which sex acts are available. If there has been some issue in your game where a potential lover was killed or your game was saved while a potential lover was following you (and romance or sex lab was updated) then it is conceivable that this could have a rank greater than 2, which means that none of the dialogues would be available except for changing your mind. Doing this will reset your rank to 0 and should resolve the issue.

Where can we download this build =) ?

Just added it in the downloads section now. Download the RomanceFix archive and replace SexLab Romance with this. In game ensure that you have no one following you for Romance then in the MCM menu select the reset option. This will reset your lovers count in Romance to 0, which should mean that when you next chat up an NPC for Romance you should have all the regular Romance Options available.

Thank you spaceman. You rock. Have been waiting for this.

One question: What does it mean?

Change Log

10/05/2014:

Added Romance Fix download. DO NOT USE UNLESS INSTRUCTED TO

I have 1.4 version. and that fix, what it does?

Don't worry about the fix, that is purely to resolve one issue that someone else was having.

Is it possible for the gender preference check to reference that of Sexlab/Aroused as opposed to Romance's independent one? I ask as between Sexlab, Aroused, Attraction/Approach and Romance I have some very confused NPCs, and would like some across the board consistency.

Is it possible for the gender preference check to reference that of Sexlab/Aroused as opposed to Romance's independent one? I ask as between Sexlab, Aroused, Attraction/Approach and Romance I have some very confused NPCs, and would like some across the board consistency.

Definately no with regards to the aroused / attraction mods as that would force me to add them as requirements and I don't think just to balance gender preference is a good enough reason. It could possibly reference the SexLab one, but when you say gender preference check are you referring to the display of dialogue options (as in the two toggles in MCM for Romance) are are you referencing whether NPC's are gay/straight or bi themselves?

Sorry, should have been clearer, referencing whether the NPC is gay/straight, I mention Aroused as it offers a choice of using Sexlabs sexualit or overiding it, using Sexlabs default would be fine. I'm trying to avoid the following situation, The Interesting NPC mod character Jolene is a Priestess of Dibella, her mod dialogue indicates she is Bi and pretty much up for it. So I set Sexlabs sexuality accordingly, and for good measure set Aroused to the same, yet when I pop the Romance question I get "Oh no I could never do.......", Dragonborn is screaming "You've just spent 5min telling me you do!"

Sorry, should have been clearer, referencing whether the NPC is gay/straight, I mention Aroused as it offers a choice of using Sexlabs sexualit or overiding it, using Sexlabs default would be fine. I'm trying to avoid the following situation, The Interesting NPC mod character Jolene is a Priestess of Dibella, her mod dialogue indicates she is Bi and pretty much up for it. So I set Sexlabs sexuality accordingly, and for good measure set Aroused to the same, yet when I pop the Romance question I get "Oh no I could never do.......", Dragonborn is screaming "You've just spent 5min telling me you do!"

I am looking at adding this option in. My only reservations are that (as I understand it) by default the sexuality of NPC's as far as SexLab is concerned is that they are always straight, unless you change the setting within the SexLab Menu itself. That being said I am speaking to Ashal about it and it may be an option added into Romance very soon.

New update added. By default Romance now uses SexLab's settings with regards to an NPC's sexuality instead of it's own. This should improve immersion when used with other Sex Lab mods that also use the default Sex Lab sexuality setting for NPC's.

New update added. By default Romance now uses SexLab's settings with regards to an NPC's sexuality instead of it's own. This should improve immersion when used with other Sex Lab mods that also use the default Sex Lab sexuality setting for NPC's.

Cheers, much appreciated.

Hey Spaceman love your mod but I have found a bug where after having sex using SexLab Romance when i go to save game instead of it saving the game CTD's. I am using other Sex Lab mods and have no issues when those run the animations. I really like your system and would perfer to keep using it but if i cant save after doing so i might have a problem. Is there a fix for this?

Hey Spaceman love your mod but I have found a bug where after having sex using SexLab Romance when i go to save game instead of it saving the game CTD's. I am using other Sex Lab mods and have no issues when those run the animations. I really like your system and would perfer to keep using it but if i cant save after doing so i might have a problem. Is there a fix for this?

I'm having this mod too and use it a lot. Never have a problem with it. No CTD's at all. There is something else in this. SL might "share/interpret" scripts with similar mods you have since other mods are sharing same animations. The mod alone doesn't cause a problem, it only "proceed" request for sex to SL which triggers chosen animation. Have you tried to reset SL's animations. Sometimes after upgrading SL to new version, if CTD's occur, it might help just to reinstall certain mod. And then run FNIS and BOSS so that your mod will get "proper place" in mod list order and animations can refresh.

Definitely not a Romance issue, but either way here are a couple of ideas on how to fix the CTD on Save problem:

Solution 1

1. Load an older save (as long as it doesn't have CTD on save glitch, then load it)
  2. Create a NEW save (through pause menu)
  3. Type in player.kill
  4. Load your latest save (the one that had CTD glitch)
  5. Type in player.kill
  6. Try saving (I usually just use quicksave)

Never tried this myself but other people say it sometimes works.

Solution 2
This is an awesome tool, I have used it myself when I have had issue and it worked perfectly.