SexLab Romance Including Source - Updated 19th Aug 2014

Is it possible to make this work with Vampires & Older Ladies/Men?

As is, they have 0 dialogue options, with Better Vampires if I make someone a vampire.  I lose the talk option.

The romance dialogue is only available if the person you are speaking to is a playable race (this prevents it from offering the dialogue when you speak to children or dogs etc.) When you turn someone into a vampire with better vampires they must become a none playable race, hence why you lose the dialogue option.

Spaceman,

Any idea on how to change this in the CK? I would really like to get these options with Viljia (and other custom NPCs). Viljia and most of the other better custom NPCs use custom non-playable races.

If there isn't a universal way, is there a way to edit it in the CK that specifically makes her part of the applicable list?

Sad, my character is engaged to Viljia but has to sneak off to Riften and find Haelga if he wants a good time!

Romance is a great mod! I especially appreciate how light it is on scripting (hence, stability).

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Custom followers isn't something I have looked at in depth, I have tried a few (which all worked) but none of the more detailed ones sych as Viljla, so I'm afraid I am not sure where you would look. Sorry

Is it possible to make this work with Vampires & Older Ladies/Men?

As is, they have 0 dialogue options, with Better Vampires if I make someone a vampire.  I lose the talk option.

The romance dialogue is only available if the person you are speaking to is a playable race (this prevents it from offering the dialogue when you speak to children or dogs etc.) When you turn someone into a vampire with better vampires they must become a none playable race, hence why you lose the dialogue option.

Spaceman,

Any idea on how to change this in the CK? I would really like to get these options with Viljia (and other custom NPCs). Viljia and most of the other better custom NPCs use custom non-playable races.

If there isn't a universal way, is there a way to edit it in the CK that specifically makes her part of the applicable list?

Sad, my character is engaged to Viljia but has to sneak off to Riften and find Haelga if he wants a good time!

Romance is a great mod! I especially appreciate how light it is on scripting (hence, stability).

Custom followers isn't something I have looked at in depth, I have tried a few (which all worked) but none of the more detailed ones sych as Viljla, so I'm afraid I am not sure where you would look. Sorry

Thanks for the reply. Depending on how its coded, its probably just a matter of adding her type to the list of races. How did you code the allowable races? Is it one list, or are the races referenced in various areas of the scripts?

(BTW, I have never scripted for Skyrim before so I am utterly dumb on this issue here.)

Newbie question: I've asked a NPC to go somewhere to get to know each other. I get no response, just a flashing cursor. What do I do now? I've tried moving it to a chair or bed, but I sit in it instead. :huh:

Never mind. I think it's working now. What I did different I don't know, lol.

Thanks, Germanicus, but what I was really concerned with was the aftermath. I mean, could the sex be so good they're more attracted to me, or possible they're embarrassed that they acted out of pure lust, which would damage our chances.

Spaceman,

Thanks for the reply. Depending on how its coded, its probably just a matter of adding her type to the list of races. How did you code the allowable races? Is it one list, or are the races referenced in various areas of the scripts?

(BTW, I have never scripted for Skyrim before so I am utterly dumb on this issue here.)

The very first check that Romance does when you start talking to an NPC is to check and see if they are playable via the GetIsPlayableRace function. If this function returns false then the dialogue doesn't start.

You could if you wish change this check (or remove it) in order to make the mod work with custom NPC's, I wouldn't recommend removing it entirely though as that would mean the romance dialogue would be available for everything in the game you can speak to, such as children, dogs, the Auger in the college of winterhold etc.

Another option would be to have a look at this video, which supposedly explains how to make a race playable. I assume that if you did this to the custom follower then they would pass the GetIsPlayableRace function and the dialogue would be available. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOYZQ0FX3bo

I recently took a look at the mod in the creation kit. apparently there are different lines for npcs that are considered 'horny'. is the allocation of npcs to the 'horny' faction randomized or can you change it somewhere in the CK? and if so how and where?

been using this for a while and generally like it but is there anyway to disable the conversation options for a particular gender?  basically i want the options to show up for females but not for males, partly because conversation in skyrim can be a bit buggy with line selection and once or twice the game selected something i didn't want it to when talking to a guy and in some cases theres no backing out of it.

been using this for a while and generally like it but is there anyway to disable the conversation options for a particular gender?  basically i want the options to show up for females but not for males, partly because conversation in skyrim can be a bit buggy with line selection and once or twice the game selected something i didn't want it to when talking to a guy and in some cases theres no backing out of it.

If it is not added as an option in MCM menu, then you can't. But, you can use TESedit5 and remove the dialoges under dialog line.

you can get it to work with any custom race if you select the sdsromance quest entry in the creation kit and replace the playable race check with the haskeyword=actortypenpc condition. has been discussed earlier in this thread. if you need a step by step instruction on how to do this in the CK let me know and I'll see what I can do.

on another note: spaceman, any input concerning my question at the top of this page would be much appreciated (: