SexLab Romance Including Source - Updated 19th Aug 2014

Hi Spaceman,

I was taking a look at your CalculateRomace function in order to add the Aroused utility from redneck's sub framework. Am I correct in thinking that it doesn't check to see if the actor you are "wooing" is your spouse or not? I see this check:

If (akWooing.HasAssociation(atSpouse))
                RomanceTarget -=75
                akWooing.AddToFaction(fExSpouse)
        EndIf

But I'm pretty sure that only checks to see if the actor in question is anyone's spouse, not your own. Just wanted to check to see if Im missing anything.

You are probably correct Vrex, don't tend to ever get married in Skyrim, so I probably just forgot to put it in. Looked at adding Aroused into this myself a while back but in the end decided against it (I just felt that Aroused made it too easy) but you are more than welcome to do so.

Keep in mind though that the calculations do take into account relationship rank, and any npc that you are married to would have a relationship rank of 4 with you so you already get a bonus as such.

I am currently playing Skyrim and messing around with all the other SexLab mods to try and work out what mod I want to work on next so I probably wont be making any changes to Romance in the near future.

Make out option: think middle school lol

It would be cool if the player could just do one of the cuddling, kissing, groping animations with close on as an option. Furthermore it would be cool if an NPC could approach the player and try to seduce them in which the player could go along, be timid, or flat turn them down.

1. The player is approached and one of a few pick up lines are used

A. The player goes along and has the option to go right there or lead some were private

B. The player responds Shyly and the NPC presist in which they would either go somewhere private or right there

C. The player flat say no in which the NPC responds Rudely

2. Once the player agrees to go somewere or do something there is an added option to just start with making out (cuddling, groping, kissing ect)

A. It would start off with one of the of the cuddling animations/ kissing animations with clothes on

B. Then the player would recieve a prompt say the NPC (Name) is trying to grope/ finger ect under your clothes, the player would have the choice to let them carry on or stop it

C. Then as the scene progressed the player would recieve another prompt NPC is trying to remove clothes, the player could let it happen or stop it

D. Then the player would recieve another prompt NPC is trying to get you to perform oral, player says yea or neah

E. Then player get prompt NPC is trying to have intercourse, player lets it continues or stops it

F.  Then a final prompt NPC want to finsh in your mouth, vagina, anal, in which the player says yeah or nah.

Just thought it would be cool to have a make out option were the player could choose to be intimate without sex if so desired.

You are probably correct Vrex, don't tend to ever get married in Skyrim, so I probably just forgot to put it in. Looked at adding Aroused into this myself a while back but in the end decided against it (I just felt that Aroused made it too easy) but you are more than welcome to do so.

Keep in mind though that the calculations do take into account relationship rank, and any npc that you are married to would have a relationship rank of 4 with you so you already get a bonus as such.

I am currently playing Skyrim and messing around with all the other SexLab mods to try and work out what mod I want to work on next so I probably wont be making any changes to Romance in the near future.

Right, I've been playing around with all the values and increased the possible range for the random number generated in the Start Quest to try and compensate for the addition of the Aroused utility too see if I can get something I like. I think Im also going to change it so that it uses the gender preference from Aroused, although at the moment I think everyone defaults to both with that so I will have to tweak that as well...

By the way, I really like how you handled the racial bias check, I never would have thought to do it that way. I probably would have just compared the races, picked a random number to see if the actor in question cared, and used one value for every combination. I like yours much better, it has way more thought put into it, also the values for the orcs made me chuckle.

Looking forward to your next mod, just playing around with the code for romance now while I wait.

Here's what is happening consistently in my current game... and maybe someone here might have a suggestion for me to troubleshoot this... my PC asks for sex through dialogue from Sexlab - Romance. After the sex animations are over, if I try to save or go to sleep, I get a CTD.

I have the latest framework and the latest version of Romance. I also have Aroused installed and I thought there might be some kind of conflict going on there but the mod author says the Aroused mod doesn't share any elements with Romance.

I enjoy this mod. Are you planning on a updates or a re-done version? The gift feature and NPC/follower initiate dialogue sound great.

Maybe a "level up" function, which would un-block sex lab animations (starting modest/novice and advancing to a sex monster ;) )?

In any case - thank you for the mod and I'm looking forward to your next release(s)!

I enjoy this mod. Are you planning on a updates or a re-done version? The gift feature and NPC/follower initiate dialogue sound great.

Maybe a "level up" function, which would un-block sex lab animations (starting modest/novice and advancing to a sex monster ;) )?

In any case - thank you for the mod and I'm looking forward to your next release(s)!

Spouses Enhanced has a "level up" feature very similar to the unblocking you describe here. It's a great mod. Check it out if you have not already done so.

@luffyboy

The most downloaded mods here are based on abuse, rape and sexual violence against women (SD, Defeat, Submit). They are often funny, they are all well done, no doubts.

But, as I hoped with my post, maybe also a "soft" approach to a more "Gentle" sexuality could be appreciated.

I think that has a lot to do with the fact that the mods focusing on abuse are basically the only mods that are actually getting developed at the moment.  Spouses Enhanced was only just recently released, and SexLab Romance, to be honest, is just a conversational check for sex.

Sexlab Submit, on the other hand, has a dialogue check for 'soft' sex, but it also has a large variety of combat-based sex, and bondage situations.  SexLab defeat, TDF and Radiant Prostitution, were also developed into rather large, script heavy mods as well.

So yes, those mods get a lot more attention simply because there is more to them.  'Soft' or 'Romance' based mods simply just don't exist...I wish they did.

Frankly, I don't use mods for abuse, I used Submit for the dialogue options for 'soft' sex, but not I can switch over to Spouse Enhanced, since I just don't need all of the other script heavy nonesense that submit adds into the game...that frankly never really works that well anyway.

Spouses Enhanced has a "level up" feature very similar to the unblocking you describe here. It's a great mod. Check it out if you have not already done so.

Thanks for the tip - I wasn't aware such a mod exists. I'll test it :)

Truth be told - i don't want the abusive mods, i'd prefer the "softer" or more "natural" approaches to game sex. I just don't find "rape" a funny/entertaining thing.

Thanks for the tip - I wasn't aware such a mod exists. I'll test it :)

Truth be told - i don't want the abusive mods, i'd prefer the "softer" or more "natural" approaches to game sex. I just don't find "rape" a funny/entertaining thing.

I am with you on that, which is why I love Spouses Enhanced. It is my favourite sexlab mod and the only one (I am aware of) that lets you build a genuinely immersive consensual relationship with your spouse that develops over time; anims are unlocked as your spouse becomes more comfortable with you, eventually leading to role play and threesomes. But you have to earn them by building trust (not just spell and bang).

Does this work with the latest SexLab framework?

Spouses Enhanced (if that is what you mean by "this") claims to work with the latest sexlab. I am using it with 1.38 with no ill effects (except for a few minor bed issues that have nothing to do with sexlab). Check out the thread on Spouses Enhanced. it is full of enthusiastic comments by gamers who are delighted to finally find a sexlab mod that addresses their wishes and interests. Another great mod (still in early stages) is Sexlab Describe. It and SE work very well together.

Spouses Enhanced (if that is what you mean by "this") claims to work with the latest sexlab. I am using it with 1.38 with no ill effects (except for a few minor bed issues that have nothing to do with sexlab). Check out the thread on Spouses Enhanced. it is full of enthusiastic comments by gamers who are delighted to finally find a sexlab mod that addresses their wishes and interests. Another great mod (still in early stages) is Sexlab Describe. It and SE work very well together.

Why would I be asking about Spouses Enhanced in the SexLab Romance thread? O_o

I wanted to know if SexLab Romance -- topic of this thread -- still works with the latest SexLab Framework.

Why would I be asking about Spouses Enhanced in the SexLab Romance thread? O_o

I wanted to know if SexLab Romance -- topic of this thread -- still works with the latest SexLab Framework.

It does work. SL 1.39 fully support this mod. I have SL Romance and SL 1.39 ,and both works great.

• 2 weeks later...

Spaceman, 

I am having the same problem as Kelthad - except it is affecting some follower NPCs (different races), Jordis, Lydia, Mjoll and a few others. I have some replacer mods working that I suspect changes the race to something that is incompatible with this mod. I tried the console command, "setrace nordrace" on a problematic follower, and the dialog option appeared, but the follower's face changed for the worse, making her look like a vanilla victim of a beating with an ugly stick. Is there a workaround to accept other races besides trying to adjust this manually with each resistant NPC in the CK?

I encountered this problem ages ago (about two years) because some poor modders wasn't able to avoid the default choice of CK to set "fox race" as standard primary setting. (Bethesda's Guys are really IDIOTS!).

The only workaround is to check in the CK and, in case, avoid the use of this sort of customized NPCs.

Actually, I found it simpler to just use the "Matchmaker" mod on custom races that wouldn't respond to the dialogue options. It's a bit like the SexIs stuff, and not as immersive as the Romance mod, but it's better than screwing around with the CK. Others reading this thread may find that bit of info useful.

I have this mod and UFO, they do not make a good combination when mixed togeather.  Be VERY CAREFUL of playing God with this mod.  It will turn around and bite you in the ass in game hard, especially if you plan on marring a certain NPC.

What I mean by this is, if your soon to be spouse prefers 1 certain gender, and you make them to like Both genders instead, for your own evil reasons.  Your spouce's significant other will start sending him/her love letters,  and when it comes time for your spouse to want sex, he/she will not come to you for it anymore, they will go to the significant other instead from then on. Leaving them home all the time, or bringing them with you(I usually bring mines with me) it doesn't matter.  Also the significant other NPC will move in faster then you can blink and eye, when your soon to be spouse gets in the mode for sex.

My last playthrough (I always go male character) I eventually decided to marry a female NPC.  Their gender of choice was male, I made her like both genders instead, and a few times I woke up in game and my spouse (with UFO) was in the middle of doing the dirty with the other female follower I had with us.

Believe it or not when you build your in game life up like crazy (all my mods revolve around immersion) and your spouse is messing around with some other NPC, it will make you mad as hell at them for doing it.  Cheating on them for pay back only goes so far.  YOU BEEN WARNED! Unless you like that sort of thing.

Its really a shame that existant mods fit only into two black-and-white, total absolute extremes of violent hardcore or strictly monogamous only-in-the-marriage-bed.

Anyway, just wondering if there is a quick and easy fix to disable speechcraft bonuses/increase for attempts to proposition in Sexlab Romance. I'm a little bit purist when it comes to leveling up :P

Great Mod but having a problem with Carlotta in whiterun. right now all she does is stand behind her stall and won't follow her routine ai package. her child ai must be tied to hers since she just stands there also. all her dialogue works fine including the romance silent dialogue. sex works but only at that spot since she will not follow to a private location. Any ideas on how to get her back on track?

Correct in that this doesn't alter NPC's existing packages in any way, so if Carlotta is stuck in one spot it's some other cause.

Grimbold, not come across that error before, certainly by the time that you have progressed to having sex where you are or going somewhere more private the NPC has already committed to having sex with you, so the response of maybe later is not from Romance. Some other mod perhaps that changes spouses behavior?