Name games you never finished and the reasons why.

i have a list of bosses that made me give up soo maybe it enters on it

sans from undertale

jeckt from final fantasy X

Dreadking rathalos From monster hunter genetations

old samurai master guy from God Hand

Lud and zallen from yvory crow dark souls 2 dlc <-in my defense what beats me was the ice desert soo i could even reach these bosses XD but they optional soo  just think my remain sannity worth more

very long list of games I never finish ... I just play 20  min and if I don't like it I just uninstall it and go store it's DVD in my TRASH box OR Extra HDD ... the most odd thing I never like Skyrim install it several time never play more the 20 min then uninstall again Hat the graphic, lock picks, fight animation and player movement !!

42 minutes ago, mma75online said:

very long list of games I never finish

Same here - It would be easier to name the ones I have finished. Many times I'm open minded and will try things outside my comfort zone.

Reason for not finishing:  Not engaging enough, poor/undesirable mechanics, interesting but not compelling - I could go on but looking at my answers I guess it's best to just buy what I have found to keep me interested.

Mods are a big help in keeping me interested if the base game is decent. Bad side of that is trying to use them on games that are forever getting patches that break the mods. Seriously - patches should be optional.

Final Fantasy 13 - Lightning Returns : I gave up when i saw that dumb time limit system (seriously time limit in a Final Fantasy game?)

Assassin Creed 1 : Never finished it, i found the game to be horribly repetitive and boring. Never bought any of the other AC after that.

Sleeping Dogs : Bugs what else?

13 hours ago, fapman83 said:

jeckt from final fantasy X

I defeated him after some tries. I was surprised about the death metal music, but it was fun and it took awhile.

Now years later, i found out that there was a super boss in that game which i never encountered. I think it was Penance.

Personally i liked FFX. Story was great and the music. Though, i have to admit that FFX was my first ever FF game.

Ah, another one.
Never finished Twilight Princess. I had problem to get used to the controls and the overall interaction of the game. I am sure its a great game. Just did not work for me.

Just now, donttouchmethere said:

Oh NO! I didn't know! Have to resist ?

I'm veeery bad at this flying and shooting thing (too stupid to aim) but I liked that space flight and trading thing :classic_smile:

And back then they had some very good RP-only online communities. That suited my inabilities to shoot quite well.

The witcher 3: I got to the part with the Ladies of the Wood and Family Matters at some point the game updated to 1.31/1.32 i forget, some of my saves went poof like gone i haven't touch the game since then at this point i would just start over again, I'll get to it one day was fun before my saves went into the void.

and I have a lot more games I haven't finished 

alien breed trilogy, Duke Nukem Forever, Max Payne 3, Metro EXODUS, Far Cry 4/5 don't know why i just one day stopped for some reason,

Haydee the games a bit tricky since you have limited saves or I'm just a dumb dumb.

borderlands game of the year enhanced well technically just the GOTY one but i got sick after beating the base game due to the cameras fov witch is fixed in the enhanced one i'm glad they fixed that.

METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN need to force my self to finish it some of the missions are sameish. 

Dissidia Final Fantasy PSP i think i got stuck or messed up my specs i was relly far into it, it's like the game difficulty shot up to 11.

and many more games too much to list.

Edited by Rex89
3 hours ago, worik said:

I'm veeery bad at this flying and shooting thing (too stupid to aim) but I liked that space flight and trading thing

I'd picked up Star Traders: Frontiers because I wanted trading and exploration.  At the time, the game was still pretty rough around the edges (and in the middle) so I set it aside, but I intend to go back at some point. 

Rimworld.  I've played the game a lot (pretty excited about the recent expansion), but I have no interest in the slog to build a ship or march across the world to the free ship to actually finish a game.  I build a nice colony, then quit.  That's enough for me.

One of the Heroes of Might & Magic games.  I liked the series, but one of the scenarios was too hard for me.  The sticking point is that the game settings linked AI to game difficulty.  Those should have been separate.  At normal difficulty the AI was dumbed down and I absolutely didn't want that, but at hard difficulty the numerical imbalance was too great.  I got disgusted and quit.

A few other games were good and highly rated, but I just didn't like the gameplay.  RE2 (the remake) comes to mind.  For me it was too scripted, too much back & forth, and why can't I just kick down those locked doors?  Or get a key from the lieutenant, who must have a copy.  I was glad that I'd tried it, but it wasn't fun for me, so I moved on.

Edited by HexBolt8

The "What's On Your Mind" thread reminded me that I have not finished Assassin's Creed Odyssey due to a handful of issues which may be minor to some but killed any interest in the title as well as the entire series from that point onwards. 

1. Politically Correct History. There is little more that damages any attempts that I can make to engage with a piece of historical fiction that revisionist history not clearly acknowledged as such. If I am playing a member of an underclass, I want to see their struggles represented in the gameplay mechanics in some way such as certain areas being off-limits, not being able to accept given quests without disguising oneself to look like a member of another class, ethnicity or gender, random encounters from members of other groups who see one's player character as easy prey, and so forth. The only characters allowed to behave in a way more consistent with people not concerned with global capitalism are the ancestors of those whom the developers to issue with in the here and now but they do not even get that right since they are always treated as the aggressors despite their historical counterparts being the ones put to the sword.

If everything is going to be so fantastical, I would rather just play in a pure fantasy setting.

AC should be principally set in Desmond's future by now, anyway.

2. Enemy units whose level scales up with the player character consistently. I simply have no more patience for games which waste the player's time with grinding yet keep the level of difficulty flat anyway. That kind of entertainment is better suited to hamsters running in wheels.

A game I never finished; Dishonored: Death of the Outsider. As a supporter of the first two, I was incredibly enthusiastic for the 3rd installment. Unfortunately, the developers removed consequential gameplay systems. The latest protagonist's powers ended up being rather basic and boring. Maybe, one day I will give it a second chance. Thanks for making this topic and reminding me.

6 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

The "What's On Your Mind" thread reminded me that I have not finished Assassin's Creed Odyssey due to a handful of issues which may be minor to some but killed any interest in the title as well as the entire series from that point onwards. 

1. Politically Correct History. There is little more that damages any attempts that I can make to engage with a piece of historical fiction that revisionist history not clearly acknowledged as such. If I am playing a member of an underclass, I want to see their struggles represented in the gameplay mechanics in some way such as certain areas being off-limits, not being able to accept given quests without disguising oneself to look like a member of another class, ethnicity or gender, random encounters from members of other groups who see one's player character as easy prey, and so forth. The only characters allowed to behave in a way more consistent with people not concerned with global capitalism are the ancestors of those whom the developers to issue with in the here and now but they do not even get that right since they are always treated as the aggressors despite their historical counterparts being the ones put to the sword.

If everything is going to be so fantastical, I would rather just play in a pure fantasy setting.

AC should be principally set in Desmond's future by now, anyway.

2. Enemy units whose level scales up with the player character consistently. I simply have no more patience for games which waste the player's time with grinding yet keep the level of difficulty flat anyway. That kind of entertainment is better suited to hamsters running in wheels.

Thats some realism. Not sure if there is such a game.

In Bethesda games you are free to go anywhere (mostly) and do as you please. Though i did like Oblivion more than Skyrim, i think their representation is somewhat limited of you social class.

I could fancy a game like that, but it should have an option to climb up the class system.

On the second point. I am sure, but there were games like that. Bards Tale was one of the games to grind. I never finished to original release but bought the remastered version. What a bliss. Still hard, but now with maps and other things. It made it much easier and also more enjoyable.

Did you mean the AD&D games from the gold box?

On 8/4/2021 at 12:29 AM, JyJyporridge said:

Assassin Creed 1 : Never finished it, i found the game to be horribly repetitive and boring. Never bought any of the other AC after that.

The games' stories are okay, but I agree that the games end up repetitive and boring. The tailing and walking missions are the absolute worst. You're either going to spend 5 minutes strolling beside a character or 10 minutes following a character only to discover minor exposition.

Just a few from me...

Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade X - I'm not a big fan of Open World games, I'll often try them but chances are I'll lose interest in them before beating the game. Xenoblade X I think it was...half-way through, Chapter 7...8? I can't remember. Breath of the Wild, like with X I had fun exploring but, as expected, I was towards the end where I just stopped caring for the game completely. I'm keeping an eye on the sequel but there's a chance that I won't even bother, give me traditional dungeons and it's a MAYBE.

Astral Chain - ...I have really no idea, lol.

Monster Hunter World: Iceborne - So, yeah, I flat-out LOVE Monster Hunter, I'm always addicted to the games, playing non-stop and having the best time ever. Then World came along...I struggled to beat it, no, it wasn't too hard. It was just....very boring compared to other games, the open world-like part is one reason, though. Maps are too large and complicated, even with the map, I can't tell you how many times I got lost in that stupid tree in the Ancient Forest, or the Coral Highlands in general. Monster AI was more annoying than being hard, they never shut up with the roaring, they run away too often, stuff like that. I tried the PS4 version of the game with the expansion some time later, my experience was a bit better, but the problems were still there. Then came along Lunastra, and a crappy first-time hunt with Banabaro or whatever he's called and I'm just like "screw this, I'm done...".

MH Rise is like World, but fixes all of the issues I had with it. Also 2 of the maps are remakes of my favorites from MH3, lol (even though the Sandy Plains didn't get a remixed battle theme. >_>)

Edited by Joeynator3000
On 7/5/2021 at 10:43 AM, 27X said:

Never played a game I didn't finish.

If a game I finished sucked, the chances of ever buying a sequel or spin off are pretty much zero; aka any Ubi$haft game ever made.

Same. Even if the game was terrible from start to finish I bit the bullet and struggled through.

Cough cough... FFX-2... cough...

• 2 weeks later...

Just played Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age: Awakening and Dragon Age 2 back-to-back and didn't finish any of them due to the final battle (mostly). Currently playing Dragon Age: Inquisition and wont be finishing that due to the stupid choice the game forces you into.

I'm about ready to give up on PC (fantasy) RPGs thanks to the constant dumbing down and moronic plots. RTS are pretty much in the same boat.

On a side note, if DA: Inquisition had had a modding community like Skyrim's then the world would have been a better place.