For the five users that still think the Nexus is your buddy.

Bben and Buddah stole mods from Nerxus for years and stored them on the StormRavenLibrary private server, and Dork0ne knew about it.  Dork0ne tried and failed to assert ownership of 'abandoned mods'.  Now he's flat out telling modders 'they're not your mods they're MINE if you upload them here'.  Dork0ne has always been a conniving scumfuck little worm so anyone who's shocked or disappointed is blind.

Can't wait for the staff here to lock this thread and forbid any mention of what going on over at Nerxus.

3 minutes ago, Izolenta said:

Damn it, a wall of text! what is it about, if briefly?)

they wont perm delete mods any longer they are archived so their  mod pack system can forever access them

Edited by sidfu1
20 minutes ago, Izolenta said:

Damn it, a wall of text! what is it about, if briefly?)

basicly you have no ownership of your mods, you can't remove them off of nexus, and other people can put them into mod packs.

And in the future earn money on them? It does not say directly, but the road is sure lined up.

So in the end many talented modders is going "off" the huge sites and over to small individual sites instead to gain control.

But seriously... 1 month to remove mods? Skyrim is a old game. Most modders are way gone. 1 month is not a long time. They should be given a year at least.

You are free to express your opinion @Kendo 2

People may have different opinions. I don't give a damn shit of what will become of my mods (now, old, or abandoned ones.) As long somebody can grab some happiness from them.

29 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

...and other people can put them into mod packs.

I guess the rule they had about 'no mod compilations or best-of's' is out the window.  And didn't that Youtuber ESO get roasted and temporarily banned for doing what Dork0ne is doing now?

And I'm (almost) sure that what Dork0ne wants to do is not legal in the U.S.  I'm 100% sure you can't deny anyone the rights to documents they create; doesn't matter if it's a driving record, court documents or a grocery list.  That includes internal delay like a waiting period or arduous process.

Edited by Kendo 2

I think a majority of big modders will go private and shack up with patreon as many of them already have but after a while patreon will do something really stupid and sour the relationship with them. Another payment service will be needed and it won't be there just a bunch of smaller shitty payment services so the big modders will just stop after a while. The only thing left will be slut uniform mods and ripped assets from other games mods for a fee of course. Nothing lasts forever and nothing goes down or up forever either. We could be looking at the end of nexus mods long term.

I'm enjoying the shit show comments over there modders attacking one another like I very much enjoyed the shit show threads here yesterday. If only everyday was this spicy.

1 hour ago, Thor2000 said:

And in the future earn money on them? It does not say directly, but the road is sure lined up.

So in the end many talented modders is going "off" the huge sites and over to small individual sites instead to gain control.

But seriously... 1 month to remove mods? Skyrim is a old game. Most modders are way gone. 1 month is not a long time. They should be given a year at least.

From the long post you have till 5th August to ask them to delete your stuff which they also emailed out so if you didn't log into nexus for ages and don't check your email then i'd think its hard to claim your overly put out by what they doing

2 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

basicly you have no ownership of your mods, you can't remove them off of nexus, and other people can put them into mod packs.

You never really had ownership once on the Nexus, anyhow. At least, if you believed their ToS.

2 hours ago, Thor2000 said:

And in the future earn money on them?

People already do that with Patreon, behind the scenes, so it's not like whatever future Nexus is working toward will change that.

Edited by MonVert

From 2016

"This is soul crushing for mod authors. To see their hard work being taken, without their permission, often times by people actually openly goading, trolling and mocking the mod authors about the theft and that nothing was being done about it,” Scott says.

Ref:->

https://www.pcgamesn.com/fallout-4/fallout-4-skyrim-nexus-mods-bethesdanet-stolen

Ummm...

Edited by spoonsinger
2 minutes ago, spoonsinger said:

From 2016

"This is soul crushing for mod authors. To see their hard work being taken, without their permission, often times by people actually openly goading, trolling and mocking the mod authors about the theft and that nothing was being done about it,” Scott says.

Ref:->

https://www.pcgamesn.com/fallout-4/fallout-4-skyrim-nexus-mods-bethesdanet-stolen

Ummm...

Not sure what you're trying to say there but I'll reply based on an assumption of what you're trying to say.

That's different to this event. That is a case of an unauthorized entity taking someone's work without permission and uploading on another platform without permissions.

In this current event going on, mod authors have already given nexus their permission to do what nexus is doing when they agreed to the terms of service and joined nexus and uploaded their mod.