33 minutes ago, JBpy said:

I just tried it and it works the second time. Did you notice your pipboy? "Visit Mason" should be in the Miscellaneous section. 

Write on the console: 

sqv _NukaRide_VisitingMason

Should say

Stage:05

Enabled?: Yes

State: Running

I always check the pipboy because the first time I took the quest I got that, but every other time I don't get it in the  pipboy. I also check SQT, and it doesn't show up there either. I'll log in now and do the console command you mention then report what is there :)

48 minutes ago, JBpy said:

I just tried it and it works the second time. Did you notice your pipboy? "Visit Mason" should be in the Miscellaneous section. 

Write on the console: 

sqv _NukaRide_VisitingMason

Should say

Stage:05

Enabled?: Yes

State: Running

Hi, JBpy. Just to recap, my character did complete this once (did the beer and sandwich), and Corsica says he's telling her to visit Mason, but I don't get the quest in the pip-boy. Doing your sqv _NukaRide_VisitingMason console command returns the following:

Quest:

Script state = ""

No auto properties

Variables:

No variables

No papyrus scripts attached

- 4 Aliases for quest '_NukaRide_VisitingMason' (2800D20B) -

REF 'MasonAlias'-> NONE

REF 'CookingStation'-> NONE

REF 'Beer'-> NONE

REF 'Bed'-> NONE

--- Quest state -----------

Enabled? No

State: Stopped

Current stage:  100

Priority:  15

As I mentioned, Corsica gave sent me to Mason several times after I did the quest once, but it never shows up in Pip-Boy, and Mason never recognizes I've been sent to see him again. :)

Edit: I'm not sure if it's relevant, but I still get charged by the robot to go back to the mainland even though I did the sandwitch and beer with Mason once :)

Edited by Karna5
7 minutes ago, Karna5 said:

Hi, JBpy. Just to recap, my character did complete this once (did the beer and sandwich), and Corsica says he's telling her to visit Mason, but I don't get the quest in the pip-boy. Doing your sqv _NukaRide_VisitingMason console command returns the following:

Hide contents

--- Quest state -----------

Enabled? No

State: Stopped

Current stage:  100

Priority:  15

As I mentioned, Corsica gave sent me to Mason several times after I did the quest once, but it never shows up in Pip-Boy, and Mason never recognizes I've been sent to see him again. :)

That data is fine. It means that you finished doing the mini mission.

Let's do it manually.

Write this:

SetStage _NukaRide_VisitingMason 5

This does Corsican, maybe not now because of a corrupt script?. Maybe if you download the latest version could help (the scritps are packed now to avoid download corruption).

Edited by JBpy
10 minutes ago, JBpy said:

That data is fine. It means that you finished doing the mini mission.

Let's do it manually.

Write this:

SetStage _NukaRide_VisitingMason 5

(This does Corsican, maybe not now because of a corrupt script?)

I just tried that. It didn't add the quest to the Pip-boy and didn't get Mason to recognize the visit, so I did the passtime 12 command and returne to Corsican. He told me to go see Mason again and said the "Go!" command, but nothing showed up in Pip-boy.

Does this mean this character is now broken for continuation of this mod? :)

Edit: Forgive me for not mentioning, I did download the latest version and did today's tests with latest version (and previous days' tests with previous version). I always update this mod every time you release an update :)

Edited by Karna5
3 minutes ago, Karna5 said:

I just tried that. It didn't add the quest to the Pip-boy and didn't get Mason to recognize the visit, so I did the passtime 12 command and returne to Corsican. He told me to go see Mason again and said the "Go!" command, but nothing showed up in Pip-boy.

Does this mean this character is now broken for continuation of this mod? :)

No. Can you load a save before I added this mini mission? That will do the job.

Edited by JBpy
1 minute ago, JBpy said:

No. Can you load a save before I added this mini mission? That will do the job.

Thanks, but a previous save doesn't exist. The quest was done 30 or 40 levels ago and several game days ago, and she's already cycled through her two saves she ever uses.

I'll contemplate whether to retire this character and start a new one or just have her retire from the stage :) I love your mod, but there's no going back for this character :)  And that's okay because it was fun :)

6 minutes ago, Karna5 said:

Thanks, but a previous save doesn't exist. The quest was done 30 or 40 levels ago and several game days ago, and she's already cycled through her two saves she ever uses.

I'll contemplate whether to retire this character and start a new one or just have her retire from the stage :) I love your mod, but there's no going back for this character :)  And that's okay because it was fun :)

Sorry Karna. It's the risk of mods from newbies like me. I think it could have happened because, if I remember correctly, you played from version 2.0.0 to 2.06 in the same save and maybe some internal changes may hinder the save. ?

BTW, I've been working a bit on the next update today. But there is a very long way to upload it. However, I have learned a lot along the way and I hope to have something more stable than this first installment.

Spoiler

1234062865_Capturadepantalla2021-07-2519_45_08.png.71f366d2864bfc9aa4887cc0d6990c7b.png

Edited by JBpy
Just now, JBpy said:

Sorry Karna. It's the risk of mods from newbies like me. I think it could have happened because, if I remember correctly, you played from version 2.0.0 to 2.06 in the same save and maybe some internal changes may hinder the save. ?

BTW, I've been working a bit on the next update today. But there is a very long way to upload it. However, I have learned a lot along the way and I hope to have something stronger than this first installment.

Reveal hidden contents

1234062865_Capturadepantalla2021-07-2519_45_08.png.71f366d2864bfc9aa4887cc0d6990c7b.png

No worries, honestly my friend :) You gave two of my characters a lot of fun. I'll start a third one someday when you do the next major release. You did a fantastic, phenomenal job and amazing writing with this. I honor thee :) No pain no worry. All is well. Thanks :)

Agradezco muchisimo lo que haciste y lo que compartiste. Lo que haciste es maravillosa :)

(Pardon my spelling as I haven't lived in Argentina since 1967, jaja, and rarely get to use the Castellano the last 50 years even though it was my first language)

7 minutes ago, Karna5 said:

No worries, honestly my friend :) You gave two of my characters a lot of fun. I'll start a third one someday when you do the next major release. You did a fantastic, phenomenal job and amazing writing with this. I honor thee :) No pain no worry. All is well. Thanks :)

Agradezco muchisimo lo que haciste y lo que compartiste. Lo que haciste es maravillosa :)

(Pardon my spelling as I haven't lived in Argentina since 1967, jaja, and rarely get to use the Castellano the last 50 years even though it was my first language)

A last shot is always worth it:

ResetQuest _NukaRide_VisitingMason

Then

SetStage _NukaRide_VisitingMason 05

Either way, I thank you for all your support and reports, amigo. ?

Edited by JBpy
35 minutes ago, JBpy said:

A last shot is always worth it:

ResetQuest _NukaRide_VisitingMason

Then

SetStage _NukaRide_VisitingMason 05

Either way, I thank you for all your support and reports, amigo. ?

Sorry it took so long to try this. I tried it, and it didn't work, so I tried it several ways to see if it would work, and it didn't.

Not a big deal. I've decided to start a new character :) Muchisimas gracias, amigo :) Todo esta bien :)

It is nice to see a new quest mod. Got some problems but played through the end of the mod. Can't wait for the next update.

I've got a similar problem that ecobotstar, UE00 suffered.
My first save was after the removal of the mayor, by Depravity(Thuggy's) mod. Quest was bugged, no free ride and not starting quest.
So I tried to do it again with older save just before kick the mayor out. Almost no problem with Motorcycle quest. There's not much difference between these two saves except that mayor has been kicked out.
So, judging by these, I think that the state of the mayor is the cause of this bug. If I guessed it right, adding a step that checking the mayor's state and bypassing stage will be the solution. But I barely know about modding and script, so I'm not so sure about it. 

Without this one, it was very smooth and cool. Please keep this up. Cheers.

As I'm not a native english speaker, what I wrote may not be good to understand. Sorry for that.

Man this blows :( I tried uninstalled the mod, made a clean save and then installed the mod again with the newest update, start the quest again and got to the same point I got stuck last time, which is the bike quest that won't start AND IT STILL WON"T START ? SetStage _NukaRide_TheBike 10 (or 100) won't do anything, every other quest starts correctly via commands except TheBike, I disabled all my .esp mods and just leave the required ones but that still won't help, so It has to be the save file itself I think, would try making a new character just to try it out and see if it work but even if it did, I don't really want to start a new character yet. So at this point is there a way to skip this quest entirely but doesn't mess the mod up? I'm very invested into the mod's great story at this point lol 

Also, the robot is a little difficult to get to lol

Spoiler

Photo745.png.98835049621d7d8a50a3778682ec7d02.png

Everything before the bike quest works.

Spoiler

enb2021_7_26_09_28_37.png.3a92cd85b429cac56220ba9dd3d7a0bf.png

enb2021_7_26_09_33_18.png.1a6d929e8e071f3a7ecfc06d685ab30f.png

Photo746.png.8451dd1eede3a574659bb196d8636569.png

Edited by ecobotstar
8 minutes ago, regedite said:

It is nice to see a new quest mod. Got some problems but played through the end of the mod. Can't wait for the next update.

I've got a similar problem that ecobotstar, UE00 suffered.
My first save was after the removal of the mayor, by Depravity(Thuggy's) mod. Quest was bugged, no free ride and not starting quest.
So I tried to do it again with older save just before kick the mayor out. Almost no problem with Motorcycle quest. There's not much difference between these two saves except that mayor has been kicked out.
So, judging by these, I think that the state of the mayor is the cause of this bug. If I guessed it right, adding a step that checking the mayor's state and bypassing stage will be the solution. But I barely know about modding and script, so I'm not so sure about it. 

Without this one, it was very smooth and cool. Please keep this up. Cheers.

As I'm not a native english speaker, what I wrote may not be good to understand. Sorry for that.

omg, I have Depravity installed too, but I didn't kick the Mayor out yet, I'm at the a quest stage just before I could go and confront him (after Hancock rescued), so I guess that's where the bug is? I did tried disable Depravity before but that doesn't do anything though.

12 minutes ago, regedite said:

Man, all the mods I discover are meant to mess with mine. Of course, the Quest does not start because it could not fill the Alias of the Major. Well, it's easier for me to put a list of incompatibilities than having to adapt to all the mods out there. 

This way I dedicate myself to working on the new quests, rather than spending energy on patches for mods that I personally do not use.

9 minutes ago, JBpy said:

Man, all the mods I discover are meant to mess with mine. Of course, the Quest does not start because it could not fill the Alias of the Major. Well, it's easier for me to put a list of incompatibilities than having to adapt to all the mods out there. 

This way I dedicate myself to working on the new quests, rather than spending energy on patches for mods that I personally do not use.

Agreed! The mod doesn't have to be compatible with everything, I'll try get it to work on my end ?
Many thanks for the replies and supports!

14 minutes ago, ecobotstar said:

omg, I have Depravity installed too, but I didn't kick the Mayor out yet, I'm at the a quest stage just before I could go and confront him (after Hancock rescued), so I guess that's where the bug is? I did tried disable Depravity before but that doesn't do anything though.

As I remember, that quest involves mayor. So what I recommend is to test with much earlier save. Mine is at "It's a Long Way to the Top" quest.

3 minutes ago, regedite said:

As I remember, that quest involves mayor. So what I recommend is to test with much earlier save. Mine is at "It's a Long Way to the Top" quest.

Thank you! That was soooo many saves ago T.T But I'll try that later tonight.

37 minutes ago, JBpy said:

I understand what you're worrying about. But if my guess is right, the state of the mayor could be different even in vanilla by the quest "In Sheep's Clothing" just like UE00 suffered.
So it will be better if there's a mention about the mayor in the mod description page for now. Bypass will be an utter solution, but as you said, everybody wants to play more quests you make. Even me. ?

Edited by regedite
1 hour ago, ecobotstar said:

I suspect that if you put this mod to load after DP and make the quest before the mission to confront the major shouldn't be any problem.

But if you already are in the mission there is no turning back, Real major no longer exist and only DP major exist, he is a clone but with diferent references. No way DP major can be recognize by this mod

Honestly, I will use an alternative character to play this mod without using mods that can mess it. It's more like a mini RPG aventure, not much reason to play it with a badass character that is making "epic" stuff like DP and similar.

I make a new profile in MO2, deactivate most mods i think can give me problems and start a game in that profile and everything run smothtly from start to end for nuka ride.

@JBpy Finalmente me acabe el mod, un trabajo genial!. De los mejores mods desde una perspectiva rolera que he visto ultimamente. El nivel de los dialogos es casi a la altura de Hardship, lo cual es decir mucho (y seguramente cuando tentacus acabe su revision esten a la misma altura ?). Si sigues añadiendo contenido creo que puede acabar convirtiendose en algo realmente grande ?

Ok, so we have a lot of brains and hands here, and i read some people asking for a video since we are filming some, the question is this:

Theres some security videos in nuka world that are showed in the nukatrons, bottle machines and even on some mods flat screens, is there a way to replace those files with some videos recorded from our games with obs or the gpu? even just 5 or 10 secs would be great, with or without sound.

Can this be done with some software to convert and replace the files? i hope they are not on some ba2 file, cause then we'll need an additional esp or esl.

Photo54.png

Edited by Gamaramdi
5 hours ago, kharneth1 said:

I suspect that if you put this mod to load after DP and make the quest before the mission to confront the major shouldn't be any problem.

But if you already are in the mission there is no turning back, Real major no longer exist and only DP major exist, he is a clone but with diferent references. No way DP major can be recognize by this mod

Honestly, I will use an alternative character to play this mod without using mods that can mess it. It's more like a mini RPG aventure, not much reason to play it with a badass character that is making "epic" stuff like DP and similar.

I make a new profile in MO2, deactivate most mods i think can give me problems and start a game in that profile and everything run smothtly from start to end for nuka ride.

@JBpy Finalmente me acabe el mod, un trabajo genial!. De los mejores mods desde una perspectiva rolera que he visto ultimamente. El nivel de los dialogos es casi a la altura de Hardship, lo cual es decir mucho (y seguramente cuando tentacus acabe su revision esten a la misma altura ?). Si sigues añadiendo contenido creo que puede acabar convirtiendose en algo realmente grande ?

Alright! I went back several saves until I got to the quest just before Hancock got kidnapped (in Depravity) and this quest can finally start! Just as you suspected.

Spoiler

enb2021_7_26_18_06_07.png.8c4b11b09846c3526fcc00fcf698211a.png

Now I finally get to enjoy the mod as is, thanks everyone for the help! So I assumed you'd be able to take out the Mayor now? There's nothing else to do with him right?
But if the mayor was such an NPC that won't stay alive/in office throughout the game, won't it be better to have the quest involves someone else a bit more "permanent"? Just a thought.

@JBpy, just an F.Y.I. :

If you run across top of the Gauntlet by Cola Cars, the guy that narrates your progress through the Gauntlet keeps talking over and over and over as if you were actually in the Gauntlet and he continues no matter where you go in Nuka World after that. Might want to put up road blocks or something on both ends of that.

10 hours ago, Gamaramdi said:

Ok, so we have a lot of brains and hands here, and i read some people asking for a video since we are filming some, the question is this:

Theres some security videos in nuka world that are showed in the nukatrons, bottle machines and even on some mods flat screens, is there a way to replace those files with some videos recorded from our games with obs or the gpu? even just 5 or 10 secs would be great, with or without sound.

Can this be done with some software to convert and replace the files? i hope they are not on some ba2 file, cause then we'll need an additional esp or esl.

Videos of the Wasteland does that. There are some videos already made for it all over the net also. Some might be too old and possibly not work with the latest version.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24435

8 minutes ago, Sladen2019 said:

Videos of the Wasteland does that. There are some videos already made for it all over the net also. Some might be too old and possibly not work with the latest version.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24435

I would just like to say making files for VOTW is a pretty big pain in the ass. Years ago I converted the beginning part of Cool Devices 3: Seek (with the dancing slave girls) into one and it was not fun.