15 hours ago, Darkpig said:

Computer generated content already is used in several popular anime not counting the recent Attack on Titan adaptation though I have heard from the manga fans that it still has better art than the manga. I'm more talking about something like certain scenes in the fate franchise. Anyway good CGI is really only good when you don't notice it. Given how much I love Land of the Lustrous I may end up watching Beaststars. Who knows. One day we may not be able to tell the difference at all but until then this looks pretty good for CGI.

I'd say that the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure adaptation from David Production is already there, at least in most shots. There are a handful of instances where the lighting reveals that everything is a 3-D model rather than cel animation.

5 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

I'd say that the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure adaptation from David Production is already there, at least in most shots. There are a handful of instances where the lighting reveals that everything is a 3-D model rather than cel animation.

Hard to say. JoJo always did look bizarre to me?

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2021 at 11:42 AM, Doctor Cadaver said:

I just realized that the sequel to Megalo Box started a couple of days ago.  Downloading the first episode now.  I typically don't watch sports animes, but this is definitely an exception.

I've never heard about this one at all. I'll be curious to see if it is like Hajime No Ippo but with less diversions taken for homo-eroticism and more focus on the sport itself, for better or worse. 

19 hours ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

It seems people compare Megalo Box more to Ashita no Joe than Hajime no Ippo.  There's a bit of drama in and out of the ring, but the fights are the main focus.  The protagonist is basically an underdog fighting his way to the top.

Megalo Box 2: NOMAD follows up on the story, a few years later.  If you're still interested, watch the first season beforehand.

Now that I've actually seen episode 1, I can see the appeal beyond the typical sports show. It is a dystopic sci-fi tale that just so happens to star a hardluck boxer mixed with a Rockem Sockem Robot. 

Megalo Box got me curious about Ashita No Joe and now I see that the show starts off in a similar manner, with a drifter in a seedy town looking to use his skills to get somewhere in life rather than what would become a formulaic tale of some starry eyed kid looking to become the very best simply for the sake of gaining fame and fortune.

I suppose that could be because of the time period in which it was written, making those tropes as of yet un-codified. Much of the anime from that time period is as intriguing as it is due to a lack of any pressure to conform to genre norms which did not exist at the moment. 

On 9/19/2020 at 12:04 AM, FauxFurry said:

After watching a bit of the Dragon's Dogma adaptation, I am left a bit confused.

Why did Netflix bother picking up a series with a redheaded light skinned protagonists when they are just going to have to turn around and turn him black, anyway? The game allowed one to make dark skinned characters and most of the characters in the game are some shade of brown so it would not be out of the ordinary to start him off black to begin with.

Do they actively enjoy the process of Gingerasure so much that they continually need fresh targets to undergo mega melanin metamorphosis?

Netflix runs an algorithm on what people like and then spend money on  that.  I can't say it's perfect, but it is, apparently, profitibale.

• 3 weeks later...

A lot. Currently rewatching The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. with a friend. Recently finished Dorohedoro and Aggressive Retsuko.

From the currently airing ones I'm watching My Hero Academia and Joran, will have to find time for others.

• 1 month later...
On 5/4/2021 at 6:50 PM, M.BISON said:

hajime no ippo!

imo most anime now a days is too weeby

Too Weeby? How do you mean? These are animations made by-and-large for Japanese audiences by Japanese creators. They can hardly be Weeaboos.

Now, if you were referring to RWBY, High Guardian Spice or NeoYokio, then you might be onto something. 

On 6/11/2021 at 7:26 AM, FauxFurry said:

Too Weeby? How do you mean? These are animations made by-and-large for Japanese audiences by Japanese creators. They can hardly be Weeaboos.

Now, if you were referring to RWBY, High Guardian Spice or NeoYokio, then you might be onto something. 

yeah weeby might have been the wrong word to use

what i mean is all the characters/story follow the same arc type, skinny looking, socially awkward or dont care attitude. That somehow posses the ability to defeat foes that have trained for 100s of years because he/she has some hidden latent abilities (but i think a lot of animes do this, the good ones like HxH find ways around this).  I think overall imo most animes now just lack in story telling and character development? Well at least for me anyway

5 hours ago, M.BISON said:

yeah weeby might have been the wrong word to use

what i mean is all the characters/story follow the same arc type, skinny looking, socially awkward or dont care attitude. That somehow posses the ability to defeat foes that have trained for 100s of years because he/she has some hidden latent abilities (but i think a lot of animes do this, the good ones like HxH find ways around this).  I think overall imo most animes now just lack in story telling and character development? Well at least for me anyway

Other suggested phrases could be: Formula. Stock. Cliche. Trend Chasing. Borderline Plagiarism. Genre Fiction. 

• 1 month later...

I probably would have steered clear of One Piece due largely to it being an absurdly lengthy series which I would have to watch hundreds of episodes to get into plus I am all pirated out after Pirates of the Caribbean but for some reason, I feel that I might have to watch at least one of its story arcs. 

Carrot_Anime_Infobox.png.aadfb40a7d96fbc46c89e6555b160530.pngCarrot_Casual_Outfit.thumb.png.71a522bda8bd0ea1e596b0a9f186d18f.png

Spoiler

wp6886763.thumb.png.48fac10cda087edc93fa9cfe26a7ad89.png

Wanda_Anime_Infobox.png.9a77e70718b68fe8ae9cb0ce6cc06e6e.png326981286_Wanda27s_Musketeer_Outfit.png.f49c8276f6ea2893c5779c6178ea758b.png

14 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

I probably would have steered clear of One Piece due largely to it being an absurdly lengthy series which I would have to watch hundreds of episodes to get into plus I am all pirated out after Pirates of the Caribbean but for some reason, I feel that I might have to watch at least one of its story arcs. 

Carrot_Anime_Infobox.png.aadfb40a7d96fbc46c89e6555b160530.pngCarrot_Casual_Outfit.thumb.png.71a522bda8bd0ea1e596b0a9f186d18f.png

Reveal hidden contents

Wanda_Anime_Infobox.png.9a77e70718b68fe8ae9cb0ce6cc06e6e.png326981286_Wanda27s_Musketeer_Outfit.png.f49c8276f6ea2893c5779c6178ea758b.png

a person of culture i approve

40 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

Reveal hidden contents

Carrot is a cool char. She appears in the Zou arc, starting at episodes 751. Forgot the dog character name though.

OP is great man, it'll be worth your time. It's got great adventure, story, action, comedy & super touching / sad moments. There's very few fillers and most are pretty fun to watch (like G8). It's lenghty mostly cause it follows the manga... strips boxes to the letter (is that how you call them in eng?)

I'd bother you more to start it but that's not how you get someone into OP, or anything

Just, go with my blessing and hf

Edit: Didn't want to spoil but too late. Stay clear from spoilers man you're gonna ruin it for yourself

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, FauxFurry said:

Hide contents

op is one of the best animes i have ever seen shure it is litrely one single unbroken series(aculy the longest unbroken anime so far, its in the high 900 in episodes now i think. by that i meen it dousent have diferent series its one big series, but it still isent the longest anime in history)but that dousent aculy matter if you like it . or anime in general. annyway i was of topic. im simply saying . or trying to lol as i tend to ramble for no reson. watch one piece. it is in my opinion utter genius . took me 3-4 munths to finish it (well finish all curent episodes at the time. but loved it all the same . 

On 7/24/2021 at 12:12 AM, CyanBunnye said:

(is that how you call them in eng?)

would be cartoon strips i think but thats an older term. would be loosly classed as a cartoon. but personaly i call the as thay are manga or anime depending on how its made

44 minutes ago, Neptis said:

would be cartoon strips i think but thats an older term. would be loosly classed as a cartoon. but personaly i call the as thay are manga or anime depending on how its made

Hm I meant the uhm... boxes/cases containing the drawings. Can't find the exact term in glossaries

5 minutes ago, CyanBunnye said:

Hm I meant the uhm... boxes/cases containing the drawings. Can't find the exact term in glossaries

i just told you . it should be cartoon strips or more lossly defined as cartoons. an example would be the beano or the dandy. or the older our willie or the broons.

manga is the same thing as a commic just diferent names for the same thing.

as for anime. its aculy a catch all term for all animated works coming from japan. not the name of the genre itself.

if your still confuesed use google to find out. im not to shure myself thats what i beleve but may be wrong myself. just trying to help mate 

22 minutes ago, Neptis said:

i just told you . it should be cartoon strips or more lossly defined as cartoons. an example would be the beano or the dandy. or the older our willie or the broons.

manga is the same thing as a commic just diferent names for the same thing.

as for anime. its aculy a catch all term for all animated works coming from japan. not the name of the genre itself.

if your still confuesed use google to find out. im not to shure myself thats what i beleve but may be wrong myself. just trying to help mate 

My bad, I got confused with the last sentence " but personaly i call the as thay are manga or anime depending on how its made " wasn't sure we were talking about the same thing.

Alright then thanks man