does anyone have any obscure anime recommended for someone who has an IQ above a fucking chair? all I can find are either shit animation, cliches, panty shots and protagonists that I just want to strangle with a piano wire.

I dont care about the genre as long as it is not school related. Just give me something good.

does anyone have any obscure anime recommended for someone who has an IQ above a fucking chair? all I can find are either shit animation, cliches, panty shots and protagonists that I just want to strangle with a piano wire.

I dont care about the genre as long as it is not school related. Just give me something good.

Perhaps check out Jormungand, Black Lagoon or Serial Experiments Lain.

How about death note, monster, chaos head, steins gate??

How about death note, monster, chaos head, steins gate??

Death Note: seen it

Monster: seen it

Chaos Head: seen it. hated it.

Steins Gate: saw the first episode and could not get past it for some reason.

It's quite old but Legend of galactic heroes, prussian like monarchy vs republic, no good guys, they spend most of their time discussing politics and their respective philosophies, when they are not doing that they are fighting each other to classical music.

bit older but i really liked bakemonogatari

Shigurui: Death Frenzy (16th century Samurai piece and awesome start to finish.)

Black Lagoon (though it does have the cliche cry-baby weakling annoying pussy little kid about half way through the first season.)

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikō - Absolutely my favorite; it's like a bowl of clam chowder on a cold winter day :)

Haibane Renmei and Mushi-Shi are other favorites; I like slice of life, comedies and metaphysical stuff.

I did enjoy Black Lagoon, Revy was so hot I swear I could practically smell her sweat...

I got burned out on anime; I saw one too many hallways of a Japanese school in the opening shot of a first

episode. Games took over the time I used to spend watching, but I'll probably at least dip my toe in the water

again at some point in the future.

Shigurui: Death Frenzy (16th century Samurai piece and awesome start to finish.)

Black Lagoon (though it does have the cliche cry-baby weakling annoying pussy little kid about half way through the first season.)

But it comes with the most kickass maid ever.

Shigurui has to be my all time favorite anime.  The production level and the novel it is based on reflect that it's not targeted at the 'peaked in high school' Japanese guys.  There are no cat girls, robots, weak male leads or riduculous plots twists.  I got my 64 year old sister to sit down and watch it on DVD and she LOVED IT.  She ordered the Norio Nanjo novel afterwards.   :lol:

Shigurui has to be my all time favorite anime.  The production level and the novel it is based on reflect that it's not targeted at the 'peaked in high school' Japanese guys.  There are no cat girls, robots, weak male leads or riduculous plots twists.  I got my 64 year old sister to sit down and watch it on DVD and she LOVED IT.  She ordered the Norio Nanjo novel afterwards.   :lol:

Yeah Shigurui is one of a kind, really enjoyed it. Kinda twisted stuff tough :)

Akagi.

Naruto, One piece full metal alchemist, Pokemon, Love hina, Lucky star, My little sister cant be this cute, Digimon, Berserk, Black lagoon (a few episodes) Gungrave, Yu-gi-oh and a few others that I have forgot :) FAVORITES: 1. Naruto 2. One Piece

Wait, What? You have seen berserk and it's not number 1?

omg *faint*

Yeah Shigurui is one of a kind, really enjoyed it. Kinda twisted stuff tough :)

Akagi.

Naruto, One piece full metal alchemist, Pokemon, Love hina, Lucky star, My little sister cant be this cute, Digimon, Berserk, Black lagoon (a few episodes) Gungrave, Yu-gi-oh and a few others that I have forgot :) FAVORITES: 1. Naruto 2. One Piece

Wait, What? You have seen berserk and it's not number 1?

omg *faint*

Unfortunately yes my older brother who is 23 and his wife are hardcore anime fans and they have over 200+ anime series and berserk was one it was a good serie just not my favourite and i think one of the reasons why i like Naruto as number 1 is because ive been following that show for the last 9-10 years "I got 1 addiciton and it is to watch 20 minutes of the newest episode of Naruto each week and then sometimes you get fillers!!!!!!!!"

So I guess the latest DBZ movie was leaked a few weeks back. I watched some of it, mainly the fights with Freeza. My god, it's worse than I imagined.

1) As I said before, Freeza rushed this form, so he never overcame the same weakness he had before with 100%, that being the use of stamina and energy. So basically all Goku had to do was wait him out and it was basically over.

2) Freeza, now out of character, came up with a Plan B that involves a minion attacking Goku with a beam rifle, which somehow hit him, wounded him and forced him out of his new bullshit form.

3) Freeza, being a moron who doesn't learn, tries to get Vegeta to be loyal again by giving him power in his army... despite the fact that he KNEW that Vegeta didn't give a fuck about that. The moment he seemed powerful enough, he attacked Freeza openly, so loyalty was never a thing.

4) Freeza, now weakened to the point where he's no match against the new bullshit form, is attacked by Vegeta in said new bullshit form. Basically Vegeta goes in fresh and full power against a foe much weaker than him. Oh boy, can you feel the tension when your bad guy is just so outclassed that he's a joke?

5) Freeza, doing what he should have done, blows up the Earth in a last ditch effort. Too bad Whis can TURN BACK TIME and does, then allowed Goku to kill Freeza in one shot.

WHAT A FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT.

So I guess the latest DBZ movie was leaked a few weeks back. I watched some of it, mainly the fights with Freeza. My god, it's worse than I imagined.

1) As I said before, Freeza rushed this form, so he never overcame the same weakness he had before with 100%, that being the use of stamina and energy. So basically all Goku had to do was wait him out and it was basically over.

2) Freeza, now out of character, came up with a Plan B that involves a minion attacking Goku with a beam rifle, which somehow hit him, wounded him and forced him out of his new bullshit form.

3) Freeza, being a moron who doesn't learn, tries to get Vegeta to be loyal again by giving him power in his army... despite the fact that he KNEW that Vegeta didn't give a fuck about that. The moment he seemed powerful enough, he attacked Freeza openly, so loyalty was never a thing.

4) Freeza, now weakened to the point where he's no match against the new bullshit form, is attacked by Vegeta in said new bullshit form. Basically Vegeta goes in fresh and full power against a foe much weaker than him. Oh boy, can you feel the tension when your bad guy is just so outclassed that he's a joke?

5) Freeza, doing what he should have done, blows up the Earth in a last ditch effort. Too bad Whis can TURN BACK TIME and does, then allowed Goku to kill Freeza in one shot.

WHAT A FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT.

Guess freeza doesn't learn :D

Just watched both Highschool DxD and Sidonia no Kishi S2 newest episode.... Man, did the directors got the cleaver out in outrageous fashion. I guess I can skip out on seeing Issei's next transformation. *sigh*

Haven't been watching Sidonia S2 but watching Highschool DxD S3 has, for me, been like watching a professional athlete come back from a catastrophic injury.  At first you're all excited that they're back but you soon realize that they've lost a step or two.  You keep watching hoping that they'll get back into form but it never happens.  Eventually they either decline more and you give up on seeing the "old" version of them and just sort of ride out whatever your left with or they get re-injured and retire.  I'm not quit to re-injury level giving up on on DxD but I'm pretty close.