So on a whim I decided to look up how things go down in the latest Dragon Ball movie. After all, Freeza has to lose and I don't feel like watching the movie in any real format, be it fan subbed now or dubbed later this year. Turns out it's not worth my time anyway!

Freeza, like a dumbass, rushes through his training until he gets a new form, then just runs to Earth to kill Goku. Except his new form drains energy faster than that piece of shit SSJ3 and he never tried to figure out how to get around such a weakness... you know, the same weakness that also helped lead to his downfall before since his 100% form also drained his energy... so after a few minutes he basically loses so much power that he once again becomes a joke compared to the latest new form Goku gets.

Fuckin' Toriyama. I'm not even going to watch the new DB anime, either. Fuck that noise and fuck this hack.

Favorite show so far this season is DanMachi as it's a clever idea paired with reasonably interesting characters and pretty creative world building.

I don't think "clever" and "interesting" are the right words to describe this anime when there are like 4 other ones that I can think off that have the same setting just with a different premise.

Fuck you Vergil!

CCzl__gUEAAPCtu.jpg

Danmachi is very

lsnyw.jpg

Just monstered a series call Nobunagun, all 13 episodes in one night. Usually I don't do that for any series (I did do it for the Hellsing manga though) and while it wasn't the best anime I've ever seen (but then again none of them are) I did like the use of colours and music in it. Also the dubbed version (which is the one I watched, because English Dubs of anime have been getting better) was actually really good, especially since it had multiple accents and not just American ones for all the characters (they even had a Scottish guy who wasn't a William-Wallace-Freedom-where's-mah-haggis-bagpipes-and-kilt stereotype even though with the premise of the show tehy could've easily fallen into that trap.)

Favorite show so far this season is DanMachi as it's a clever idea paired with reasonably interesting characters and pretty creative world building.

I don't think "clever" and "interesting" are the right words to describe this anime when there are like 4 other ones that I can think off that have the same setting just with a different premise. More like uninspired and generic. Zankyou no Terror is clever, Shinsekai yori is clever, Kara no kyoukai is clever, Danmachi certainly isn't. lol

As much as I appreciate the "Someone likes something that's popular that I don't like" type responses you do realize that finding something interesting is completely subjective, yes?  Also if you can think of four other shows with a similar setting all that means is that something is not unique, a trait that has little bearing on whether or not it is interesting.  For example, of the shows that you listed the only one that I've seen is Zankyou no Terror, a fairly unique show that I had high hopes for but was quit disappointed by as its story proved too meandering, its Engrish too painful to listen to and its characters completely forgettable (I know that there where three characters with numbers for names but I couldn't tell you what they where without looking it up).  Is it a bad show?  Not really.  It's just a show that I was disappointed by and that I didn't find especially memorable.

I would as note the 'so far' qualifier.  By the end of the season DanMachi may very well be the third best fantasy-ish show that I've watched behind Kekkai Sensen and Seraph of the End but at the moment I'm enjoying it more because both of those show have some red flags that make me hesitant to get too invested in them.  For example Kekkai Sensen's last episode was essentially a filler episode which for a show that's only scheduled for twelve episodes is not a good sign.

Just monstered a series call Nobunagun, all 13 episodes in one night. Usually I don't do that for any series (I did do it for the Hellsing manga though) and while it wasn't the best anime I've ever seen (but then again none of them are) I did like the use of colours and music in it. Also the dubbed version (which is the one I watched, because English Dubs of anime have been getting better) was actually really good, especially since it had multiple accents and not just American ones for all the characters (they even had a Scottish guy who wasn't a William-Wallace-Freedom-where's-mah-haggis-bagpipes-and-kilt stereotype even though with the premise of the show tehy could've easily fallen into that trap.)

Ah i watched the subbed version and enjoyed it, i'll have to try the dubbed.

I don't think "clever" and "interesting" are the right words to describe this anime when there are like 4 other ones that I can think off that have the same setting just with a different premise. More like uninspired and generic. Zankyou no Terror is clever, Shinsekai yori is clever, Kara no kyoukai is clever, Danmachi certainly isn't. lol

As much as I appreciate the "Someone likes something that's popular that I don't like" type responses you do realize that finding something interesting is completely subjective, yes?  Also if you can think of four other shows with a similar setting all that means is that something is not unique, a trait that has little bearing on whether or not it is interesting.  For example, of the shows that you listed the only one that I've seen is Zankyou no Terror, a fairly unique show that I had high hopes for but was quit disappointed by as its story proved too meandering, its Engrish too painful to listen to and its characters completely forgettable (I know that there where three characters with numbers for names but I couldn't tell you what they where without looking it up).  Is it a bad show?  Not really.  It's just a show that I was disappointed by and that I didn't find especially memorable.

I would as note the 'so far' qualifier.  By the end of the season DanMachi may very well be the third best fantasy-ish show that I've watched behind Kekkai Sensen and Seraph of the End but at the moment I'm enjoying it more because both of those show have some red flags that make me hesitant to get too invested in them.  For example Kekkai Sensen's last episode was essentially a filler episode which for a show that's only scheduled for twelve episodes is not a good sign.

I think The darkslayer didn't mean that the show is not interesting or not clever at all but, I'm pretty sure he meant that these words were overrated for the show and I agree with him

This concept isn't totally new but the show is a little different from other anime ( about the story,  not about the fanservice etc...).

In my opinion this is still good, entertaining anime but your words were not the correct ones in my opinion and probably his.

Wait... Danmachi is popular? Huh.... well its pretty much SAO with fanservice (except SAO's first few episodes are a lot more interesting) so I can see it becoming popular.

Guess that makes my opinion on it in the minority. lol

Catching up with the second season of Oregairu. Loving it so far. Hope there's more character progression than the first season.

And the animation this time around is orgasmic. 

I don't think "clever" and "interesting" are the right words to describe this anime when there are like 4 other ones that I can think off that have the same setting just with a different premise.

Fuck you Vergil!

CCzl__gUEAAPCtu.jpg

Danmachi is very

lsnyw.jpg

Lmao.  :D

Does MAL still have sub recommendations when you are logged in or has it been removed entirely?

Never had this problem, and i'm registered on the site since.. i don't know, two three years? Didn't even know that they had such option :c

Since a few weeks the category for sub recommendations are no longer visible for non-registered users, and for registered users it apparently has been moved to the tab comments. I want to know if that's actually true before I go through the hassle of making an account on MAL.

There's nothing good on tv, all of the shows are crap HAHA

Keep the titles coming guys.

Unfortunately a lot of anime doesn't get licensed in the US for various reason so you don't see much on TV. There are tons of good shows however, if you're willing to watch anime online with subtitles. The main site I use to watch anime is Crunchyroll since they get a lot of shows licensed to them. On CR you can watch anime with subtitles just a couple hours or so after they air in Japan in 1080p, if you pay for a premium account (like $5 a month) or you can watch for free the following week. They also have a huge catalog and you can watch a lot of previously aired stuff completely for free. I have a number of 48 hour guest passes, if anyone would like one to try out the premium service, shoot me a PM.

In addition to CR, I also have a subscription to Funimation. They don't seem to license their anime to other streaming sites, so if you want to watch it legally, that's your only option.

If anyone cares what anime I watch, you can check me out on Anilist. A useful site for keeping track of what you've watched. Their sister site Anichart is useful for finding currently airing/upcoming anime you may want to watch.

Dude just type what you want to watch on google followed by episode number, or you know, torrents.

If you're speaking to me then yes, I know shows can be torrented. I'm not new to the internet. I however choose to support the industry by paying the paltry subscription fee. If you don't want to, that's fine.

Ah i watched the subbed version and enjoyed it, i'll have to try the dubbed.

Well I did find it on a site I usually go to for dubbed series' I'm not one of those of people who thinks all dubs are shit (seriously some of the english dubbing has gotten really good in recent years.)

Just watched Danmachi ep08. Freya looks like she's having a cosmic orgasm there; really freaks me out. Probably her first time too. Bell's first "adventure" also reminds me of Kirito's first dual wielding battle against a level boss in SAO, considering the one voicing them is one and the same. The most epic scene is that "All his abilities are Rank S...". Screw the levelling system in Danmachi! Ais may be level 6 but there's a level 1 with a healthy dose of hack right there!

Just watched Danmachi ep08. Freya looks like she's having a cosmic orgasm there; really freaks me out. Probably her first time too. Bell's first "adventure" also reminds me of Kirito's first dual wielding battle against a level boss in SAO, considering the one voicing them is one and the same. The most epic scene is that "All his abilities are Rank S...". Screw the levelling system in Danmachi! Ais may be level 6 but there's a level 1 with a healthy dose of hack right there!

I really love the fight, full of feels (For me xD). It's weird that they always got uber power up, but, welp, it was still pretty cool to watch. :3

I really love the fight, full of feels (For me xD). It's weird that they always got uber power up, but, welp, it was still pretty cool to watch. :3

It's not really that much of an ass pull either. If you remember the earlier episodes, Bell mentioned that getting hit actually increases his vitality or something along that line. Then, there's that skill he has backing everything up with a multiplier... Pretty sure it's actually something akin to Skyrim's levelling system except in Danmachi, Level equals achievements. Before the fight, Bell's been training with you-know-who without getting into the life and death situation. Since she's a level 6, no wonder Bell's stats skyrocketed through the stratosphere! All he needs now is getting more field experience. I think his worst problem lies in the fact of a yandere-ish goddess who's literally making him walk the plank so that he can be a shining example of a knight in shining armor. I would say his life is forfeit, literally.

Catching up with the second season of Oregairu. Loving it so far. Hope there's more character progression than the first season.

And the animation this time around is orgasmic. 

I thought I was the only one watching this one. 

Watched episode 8 and looks like the creators of the show read your post.

Searching for video game related anime. So far the only good one is No Game No Life. Oh and if anyone mentions SAO and .hack I'll cut ya real bad. And no forced romance bullshit, getting really sick of it.