Why is 99% of modern anime revolving around school kids or otherwise set in school surroundings? How is this stuff still popular after all these years?

Because there's no life after school in Japan. You're expected to put in most of your lie at work, and have no real hopes of any gainful employment. Forget relationships, you don't have the time to have any meaningful relationships outside work, if you don't meet someone during school forget meeting someone after. Japanese work ethics and culture is horrifying, it's pretty much a slave market.

The only life people have is during school.

Pretty much this. It's also why you hear news of suicide pacts in Japan.

Why is 99% of modern anime revolving around school kids or otherwise set in school surroundings? How is this stuff still popular after all these years?

Because there's no life after school in Japan. You're expected to put in most of your lie at work, and have no real hopes of any gainful employment. Forget relationships, you don't have the time to have any meaningful relationships outside work, if you don't meet someone during school forget meeting someone after. Japanese work ethics and culture is horrifying, it's pretty much a slave market.

Impressive. And very very sad.

What an odd combo.

Well that's not good... I've heard that even japanese schools are stressful. High population = a lot of competition for good university placements.

It's almost like you live your whole life working away o.O

Honestly if I grew up in that, I would start my own startup/business, at least you don't get paid like a bitch that way

Does anyone know if there is any animes out there similar to Berserk? (series and movies)

I think It's the best anime ever. The movies got criticized abit for skipping out on story elements but still no other movie has come close to being as entertaining for me. No supercute onisan girls, badass protagonists.brutal action.

I've seen claymore and it was pretty close but other then that nothing has come close to the dark fantasy feel of that anime.

Ive seen fist of the northstar (the movie) It's more like jojo's bizarre adventure I think. But yeah thats a classic.

Vampire hunter D, Only saw some episodes. He is badass but isn't that series more episode based. (I mean 1 episode he kills that guy and the plot ends and you get a new plot next episode) Also he was way too badass for me, you know he will never die lol :)

I'm more fan of series where shocking things happen, people who you don't expect to die will die and so on.

I have not seen any anime in ages now, im going into withdrawal :(

Finished watching Grisaia no Meikyuu. Damn... All those happy feelings in the first arc just went right into the meat grinder after watching that. I wonder what's in store for the final part of the trilogy.

Same here, and really and liked it.

Just finished Wolf Girl and Black Prince.  I normally don't watch slice of life anime or high school shit (unless it's echii) but I did enjoy it.  If someone wants a break from magical girl/robots/weak male leads then I suggest it as a nice diversion.

About life in Japan after high school; respectable people don't have one.  Guys end up being salary men in thankless jobs where their superiors shit on them.  Their only solace is a small crappy apartment they pay too much for, hamburger meat and rice for dinner every night, and a depressing series of batting cages, bars and ugly Korean hookers.  I was good friends with MunkeyFinger before he died and he told me all about what Japan really is.  I always wanted to visit Japan at least once in my lifetime.  What he told me changed that.  I'll just take their raw fish, cartoons and electronics and they can keep the rest of their backwards bullshit.

Just finished Wolf Girl and Black Prince.  I normally don't watch slice of life anime or high school shit (unless it's echii) but I did enjoy it.  If someone wants a break from magical girl/robots/weak male leads then I suggest it as a nice diversion.

About life in Japan after high school; respectable people don't have one.  Guys end up being salary men in thankless jobs where their superiors shit on them.  Their only solace is a small crappy apartment they pay too much for, hamburger meat and rice for dinner every night, and a depressing series of batting cages, bars and ugly Korean hookers.  I was good friends with MunkeyFinger before he died and he told me all about what Japan really is.  I always wanted to visit Japan at least once in my lifetime.  What he told me changed that.  I'll just take their raw fish, cartoons and electronics and they can keep the rest of their backwards bullshit.

I'll be adding music to that list for me. But yeah Japan need to move into the 21st century.

I'll be adding music to that list for me. But yeah Japan need to move into the 21st century.

They have to, otherwise the population will even furthur tip towards elderly population, since their birthrate is so low compared to other nations. The whole country is just getting older, and older on average.

They'll have to change within the next decade or so, otherwise the whole country will stagnant. Their view of work culture, familial relationships, and education will have to change. Not to say that we're perfect, but we're more progressed healthily in these aspects. I just hope the politicians and business leaders, small and large, will recognize the issues they're contributing to.

Also, I love this girl.

27efcfcd01d423957b6ad7f4d6b9ef3f14285277

The anime is Mikagura School Suite, normally characters like her rub me the wrong way as they usually epitomize the worst of the "weaboos", but I just love her personality. She's just a big ball of energy!

Parasyte - the maxim

WTF?!  Watching the first episode.  NOT what I expected.

I will tell you right now, you will not be disappointed. Parasyte as amazing! Coming from a manga that is over 20 years old, they did an AMAZING job on the adaptation. It's in my top ten best anime.

And that one soundtrack you'll hear later will just make you go NOOO NOT THIS SONG, DON"T PLAY THIS SONG..(hint people die :D) ..BUT IT"S SOO GOOD.. :D I listen to it all the time, it gets the feels-train going.

It's called Next To You btw :D

I mainly like it because it's very no bullshit anime. There's no harem antics, no romcom crap, just awesomeness.

There is a live-action version, but it's very rushed so you can't enjoy it as much. The anime is much better.

I'm impressed with 1 and 2 and I'm hard to please.  I spend hours reading reviews and looking at screen captures deciding on what to watch.  Producion compaines play a big part in that too but all companies cover a wide range of genres so it is still hit or miss.  The Migi is really a unique concept though.  I had no idea what I was getting into and I thought it was going be Manglobe type thing with a wuss male lead, annoying little kid and esoteric Japanese religious references Westerners do do not know or care about.  The title says it is...a parasyte.  Pretty fucking awesome so far.  I haven't felt this stoked about an anime since watching Black Lagoon.

I feel im missing something having never really watched anime >.<

Does pokemon count? I used to watch that~

Technically yes, but it's shit.

Well someone drew it... so yes

But we don't talk about pokemon here, it makes us sad that we're adults now

With depressing stuff like work, taxes and wives

Some of us do still talk about pokemon, only not the shitty anime.

Technically yes, but it's shit.

Well someone drew it... so yes

But we don't talk about pokemon here, it makes us sad that we're adults now

With depressing stuff like work, taxes and wives

Some of us do still talk about pokemon, only not the shitty anime.

actually started playing some Pokemon Black 2 in my spare time on my smartphone, man I haven't played a pokemon game since Pokemon Emerald came out. It's so addicting :D

Anyways :D All bout that Gardevoir :D I

pokemon_shaming___gardevoir_by_rakkuguy-

I really do not see much anime (actually I see very little and only when I feel) just 3 days ago I watch Hunter x Hunter (old vercion).

But I comment because I can ~~ well is not exactly what I'm seeing if those who are on my list to see:

- Kancolle (Kantai Collection) because I played almost one year ago a little :P

- SAO 2 because I read the novels and I'm interested to see the adaptation

- Angel Beats!  because long ago that I don´t cry with this anime

That's it and I would last over one month.  :s

Guest Comrade DR. MAHUJ DIK

Here's a comparison of graphics cards you can get :D

5cdcf6398f37e624183d3c98a098139514295534

dat one-punch man :D

One punch man!!! I love this manga its the perfect mix of nonsense randomnes and action :lol:

BTW Itll get  a anime on october this year.

But theres a listof animes from this season that Im watching:

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka? (good story, I used toread the manga but the animealready surpassed it)

High School DxD BorN (Funny, good action and good plot (no pun intended))

Plastic Memories (Great story, good comedy in some parts, but Brace yourself the feels are coming!!!)

Kekkai Sensen (prety good plot and action)

Punchline (its completly random and my first reaction tafter watching it was: "WTF did I just see?", but its so weird and ridiculous in someparts that I cant stop watching, even if the fanservice is kind of stupid)

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru (Second season of agreat anime, Has a pretty good pl,ot and comedy and fucking awesome protagonist)