2 hours ago, Richard1234 said:

It’s a known issue in 5.0. Fixed in 5.1. Next time that you have trouble that nobody else seems to have please add which versions of all mods you are using. Then the people that want to help you have more information to go on :)

Note from nobody: I reported that last week, with DD5.1

6 hours ago, SOSMarche said:

Howdy! I really like the concept of the mod, but I think I'm hitting some kind of glitch. When I encountered my first Striker outside Bleak Falls Burrow, the enemy struck me and put me in an endless bleedout state. I got the notifications that I was about to be wrapped up and that I had lost two keys but I just kept crawling around on the ground. I had three items already equipped (a chastity belt, a corset, and a collar) while the enemy appeared to have a bodysuit and a head harness. I have Defeat installed so I do have a death alternative mod as well as VioLens which I used to give myself immunity to killmoves. I can provide more info as needed!

Sorry to hear that you are having issues! If you have the log file and enabled the debug logging in MCM this could help, but i need the fresh log file from right after it happend. If you cant provide any log file, have you tried to disable the punishment setting in MCM? this is just a workaround. If your problem persists even with other Strikers then i would really need the log file to determine where the error is coming from. Maybe you can try and repeat the bug?

EDIT:

It might be that there are issues with Defeat, i havent tested both mods together so i cant tell sadly... 

Edited by CrymH
5 hours ago, mrdoodle said:

Maybe check out how Skyrim Chainbeasts did it? As far as I know the chainbeasts doesn't use a ordinary leveled list.

Sadly that's not completely true, i took this screenshot from the main download page of SCB:

image.png.2b43764a453259acced75cb80dacabc5.png

Ofcourse there are also the 'Mines' or traps but they have all been hand palced as far as i know...

But i could take a look at or ask the mod author how they did a MCM toggle for leveled lists, this could be very helpful. Even though it's just a toggle and no chance-slider.. BUT it is something atleast

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

You say levelled list manipulation is problematic. But how? What is the specific problem?

I would like to give the player some MCM options to determine what Striker classes and in what factions they can be encountered in + what devices they are wearing (type and maybe color).

Since the outfits are not normal inventory items (which would be easy to add or remove), but are based on nested leveled lists of devices i have quite some struggles on how to add/ remove single Forms in these nested lists inside of outfits since the outfit script is limited to 2 functions only. I took first steps and scrapped the idea of outfit-presets, so that the devices will always be random based on MCM configurations (e.g. chains only/ pony/ etc. ). These will become special encounters in the future. 

My thought process was to update the LvLists when closing the MCM after configuration. A Striker-Template has this outfit equipped, which will then serve as the Base for the different striker classes via the ActorBase function in the Actor tab. These Striker-classes will then be added to the leveledCharacter lists of bandits/forsworn/falmer..,(which are a lot) But only if the toggle option in MCM for those classes is activated. Meaning if the player deactivates certain options, a script has to somehow remove the correct Striker classes from the LvCharacter Lists of bandits/etc. . Which leaves me no option other than creating dozens of properties for all LvCharacters of bandits/etc., so they can be manipulated via script to add/remove Striker classes from. Problem is, if there is no better solution, it will take a huge while to create those properties and to test the whole thing. 

If you dont see any problem in that, i would appreciate all kinds of help you can provide.

Edited by CrymH
7 hours ago, CrymH said:

Sorry to hear that you are having issues! If you have the log file and enabled the debug logging in MCM this could help, but i need the fresh log file from right after it happend. If you cant provide any log file, have you tried to disable the punishment setting in MCM? this is just a workaround. If your problem persists even with other Strikers then i would really need the log file to determine where the error is coming from. Maybe you can try and repeat the bug?

EDIT:

It might be that there are issues with Defeat, i havent tested both mods together so i cant tell sadly... 

I disabled Defeat and made sure killmoves were off and it still does the infinite bleedout. Can you remind me where I can find my debug logs? I have it enabled but I think I'm a bit too brain-fogged to know where they are.

9 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Note from nobody: I reported that last week, with DD5.1

Oh. From your post I don’t understand that you are using 5.1 and I also don’t understand that the normal armour is deleted. Personally I’ve experienced normal armour being deleted with 5.0. After installing 5.1 I haven’t seen that issue anymore.

8 hours ago, CrymH said:

a script has to somehow remove the correct Striker classes from the LvCharacter Lists of bandits/etc. . Which leaves me no option other than creating dozens of properties for all LvCharacters of bandits/etc., so they can be manipulated via script to add/remove Striker classes from. Problem is, if there is no better solution, it will take a huge while to create those properties and to test the whole thing.

The SKSE functions will let you traverse the lists.

But I think maybe you mean the problem is that a large number of lists are involved?

An easier way to maintain them is to have a FormList of the list form IDs.

Traverse the FormList and use the SKSE GetForm variant to obtain them and cast them to a LevelledList.

I'm still not sure exactly where you have a problem manipulating the lists in script.

Is it the nested lists issue?

Note that the traversal function GetNthForm() returns a Form, not a list or an actor, or anything else. You can cast it to whatever you support to see what it is.

e.g. try casting to a LevelledList first to see if it's a nested list.

Sorry, to clarify, there's no such type as LevelledList, but there are the three types LevelledActor, LevelledItem, LevelledSpell ... you only care about the first.

These are all conceptually LevelledLists, but "because Skyrim" they aren't all subclasses of a common Form derivative, but base directly off Form.

Edited by Lupine00
10 hours ago, SOSMarche said:

I disabled Defeat and made sure killmoves were off and it still does the infinite bleedout. Can you remind me where I can find my debug logs? I have it enabled but I think I'm a bit too brain-fogged to know where they are.

On the mod page:

TROUBLESHOOTING

If you encounter any problems along the way besides the already mentioned ones, just tell me so i can try and fix the broken stuff. This goes for compatibility, bugs, etc.

BUG REPORTING:

- enable log messages, needs to already be enabled when encountering a bug
    - in Skyrim.INI or SkyrimPrefs.INI these options need to be enabled or the log file wont be created:
        - bEnableLogging=1
        - bEnableTrace=1

- Disabling log messages from other mods e.g. DD/Sexlab keeps the log file clean, thiis would be very helpfull
- Log file can be found in: C:\Users\Name\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Logs\Script\Papyrus.0.log
- send the file to me and i will take a look

7 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

But I think maybe you mean the problem is that a large number of lists are involved?

well yes, as my first idea was to even include the different colors, but now that's not such a huge deal as i thought it would be. Since i have reconsidered a couple of things and came to a better conlcusion.

An easier way to maintain them is to have a FormList of the list form IDs.

Traverse the FormList and use the SKSE GetForm variant to obtain them and cast them to a LevelledList.

I had no idea about FormLists, this is very helpful, thanks.

Note that the traversal function GetNthForm() returns a Form, not a list or an actor, or anything else. You can cast it to whatever you support to see what it is.

e.g. try casting to a LevelledList first to see if it's a nested list.

Makes scense, but i never ever thought about casting a form as LeveledList, i'll see what i can do 

Sorry, to clarify, there's no such type as LevelledList, but there are the three types LevelledActor, LevelledItem, LevelledSpell ... you only care about the first.

These are all conceptually LevelledLists, but "because Skyrim" they aren't all subclasses of a common Form derivative, but base directly off Form.

no worries, i already knew that, i was just talking about LeveledLists in general, because all the dvices fall under LeveledItem and not actor, since i was talking about both of these 'LeveledList' is just more convenient to use.

Thanks for everything, this really helps!

EDIT: But is still dont know where to put this script or what it should extend. Putting it directly on the Config script sounds wrong..

Edited by CrymH
7 minutes ago, Baltasarr80 said:

How about making use of the dollmaker weapon (in a light version configurable in the mcm from 1 item to 8 or random 8 something in this lines) and the same for spelluse magictraps curses etc.?

Do you mean the vanilla Dollmaker weapon that comes from DCL? i always thought it is a little OP as you can just spam devices on NPCs for nothing. It would need some balancing.

Spells and magic are currently in the works (just the basic stuff for now).

Also what do you mean by curses? elaborate further, i am interested 

Edited by CrymH
21 hours ago, CrymH said:

Sadly that's not completely true, i took this screenshot from the main download page of SCB:

image.png.2b43764a453259acced75cb80dacabc5.png

Ofcourse there are also the 'Mines' or traps but they have all been hand palced as far as i know...

But i could take a look at or ask the mod author how they did a MCM toggle for leveled lists, this could be very helpful. Even though it's just a toggle and no chance-slider.. BUT it is something atleast

Yeah, check with him. I cannot see any altered leveled list that conflicts with the ordinary ones.

Something a strikercaster could cast on you for lets say the Duration of 300 Seconds ... If the trigger ... lets say to try to cast with this debuff ... you get gag so that you no longer can cast a shout ... if you cast a normal spell your wrists get bound ... If you try to fight with that curse you could get a blindfold or anklecuffs

Responding to the suggestion by ck2modfan's suggestion of allowing the striker to summon a chainbeast, you replied:

On 5/26/2021 at 11:45 AM, CrymH said:

I now the mod you are talking about (have played it myself). Since the idea is built around a dependency it will stay in the more or less distant updates list i guess.

I have another suggestion built around a dependency you might consider at some point in the future. It always struck me as unfair that, with the Estrus for Skyrim mod, only the player could shout an estrus effect on an enemy. I suggest giving an enemy mage that ability. One specializing in conjuration, I should think. This could be done either alone or in concert with a striker. Alternatively, estrus could be cast on the player as a punishment after she is subdued.

Edited by wren888
4 hours ago, Baltasarr80 said:

Something a strikercaster could cast on you for lets say the Duration of 300 Seconds ... If the trigger ... lets say to try to cast with this debuff ... you get gag so that you no longer can cast a shout ... if you cast a normal spell your wrists get bound ... If you try to fight with that curse you could get a blindfold or anklecuffs

now i get it, sounds very devious. Thanks for the suggestions!

1 hour ago, wren888 said:

Responding to the suggestion by ck2modfan's suggestion of allowing the striker to summon a chainbeast, you replied:

I have another suggestion built around a dependency you might consider at some point in the future. It always struck me as unfair that, with the Estrus for Skyrim mod, only the player could shout an estrus effect on an enemy. I suggest giving an enemy mage that ability. One specializing in conjuration, I should think. This could be done either alone or in concert with a striker. Alternatively, estrus could be cast on the player as a punishment after she is subdued.

I have never thought about an estrus integration, but you have convinced me. I might be able to pull of something like that, we will see..

Thanks for your amazing suggestion!

23 hours ago, CrymH said:

Do you mean the vanilla Dollmaker weapon that comes from DCL? i always thought it is a little OP as you can just spam devices on NPCs for nothing. It would need some balancing.

Yeah the dollmakers spell/weapon is somewhat op that is absolutely right thats why i said a lite version of this with a toggable input in the mcm

Hi @CrymH, @Lupine00's recommendation to use form lists has an added benefit I think. DD-5 ships with several pre-made FormLists that group all its devices into types (device type, material) It's not too granular, but it might serve as a great starting point to set up your own refined lists like color, pony, etc., and would save you the ordeal of having to list all the needed devices' formIDs yourself.

3 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

Hi @CrymH, @Lupine00's recommendation to use form lists has an added benefit I think. DD-5 ships with several pre-made FormLists that group all its devices into types (device type, material) It's not too granular, but it might serve as a great starting point to set up your own refined lists like color, pony, etc., and would save you the ordeal of having to list all the needed devices' formIDs yourself.

Omg, i love you guys, this will save a lot of time AND make things much easier. Why hasnt anyone told me about Formlists earlier? 

Huge thanks for your help!!!

I still need to figure out on what event the scripted formlist edit shall trigger... (this wont be to complicated ?)

I will get right into it, after i took a little break yesterday 

Edited by CrymH

Hey guys, very nice idea of a mod you got there; I have a slight problem with it.

I've disabled ALL others "defeat" and "death alternative" mod before trying it, however my character once fully hit is stuck in a "on the ground defeated" forever, all IA around her also stopping there task.

Any idea what it might be?

29 minutes ago, kurokurokurokuro said:

Hey guys, very nice idea of a mod you got there; I have a slight problem with it.

I've disabled ALL others "defeat" and "death alternative" mod before trying it, however my character once fully hit is stuck in a "on the ground defeated" forever, all IA around her also stopping there task.

Any idea what it might be?

First of all thanks.

The infinite lying down bug is a bug that some people already encountered and i havent yet. As this seems to happen more often i will take a look at the script and watch for any mistakes i might have made. 

My suspicion is that it is caused by a compatibility issue with another mod, since my mod has no function that disables AI in any way shape or form. My script only disable the players controls. And it recovers the Target once the transfer-all event has finished. 

Have you enabled the Transfer-All event and how long have you been downed?

It would be helpful if you could try to repeat the bug and send me your log file (see modpage for instructions). 

EDIT: was the key loss message displayed?

Edited by CrymH
5 hours ago, CrymH said:

First of all thanks.

The infinite lying down bug is a bug that some people already encountered and i havent yet. As this seems to happen more often i will take a look at the script and watch for any mistakes i might have made. 

My suspicion is that it is caused by a compatibility issue with another mod, since my mod has no function that disables AI in any way shape or form. My script only disable the players controls. And it recovers the Target once the transfer-all event has finished. 

Have you enabled the Transfer-All event and how long have you been downed?

It would be helpful if you could try to repeat the bug and send me your log file (see modpage for instructions). 

EDIT: was the key loss message displayed?

I'll try whenever I can.

I did had the key loss message displayed -the one telling me I had no key to begin with, so I couldn't lose them... And yes, I did NOT had any key on me. :D -