8 hours ago, CrymH said:

So you mean, if your opponent only locks e.g. 5 devices on you via the transfer all event, that there is a small chance for much more devices to appear out of thin air? ofcourse if your arousal is high enough.. very interesting if i got the idea right.

I meant the the person doing the hitting, but now that you mention it, it could go both ways.  If the person getting hit has high arousal, extra devices might spawn on them.  If the person doing the hitting has high arousal, the weapon might turn on them and spawn devices on them as well.  

My thinking is that since you the player are more likely to to be highly aroused during combat (as I said before, NPCs spawn with low arousal) that kind of effect will almost exclusively effect you.  This effectively nerfs the weapon for the player, while making striker NPCs no less dangerous.  I'm basically trying to think of ways to make the striker weapons fell less cheaty.  The transfer all event alone is equivalent to as many as 13 keys if you manage to get locked in every type of device except an armbinder or straightjacket.  And if you make the extra devices chance configurable in the MCM, you be able to let players make the weapons as cheaty (or not) as they want

I ve got idea for a new enemy (mage). This enemy will place runes/traps on the ground which will equip player with chastity belt with cursed plugs. When this enemy gets close enough the plugs will start vibrating enabling this enemy to strike the PC. This enemy should be slower than PC and his/her traps should be much less visible. Belt should have timed lock or this enemy should have a key for it.

4 hours ago, kaldwin said:

I meant the the person doing the hitting, but now that you mention it, it could go both ways.  If the person getting hit has high arousal, extra devices might spawn on them.  If the person doing the hitting has high arousal, the weapon might turn on them and spawn devices on them as well.  

Now i see where the idea was going at..

4 hours ago, kaldwin said:

The transfer all event alone is equivalent to as many as 13 keys

I have to admit, from this point of view the transfer all event sounds really cheaty, i like your 'nerf', but i could also just disable the transfer-all event for the player only. It would function like this: when hitting an enemy for as high as the threshold is set, your weapon will just disappear and NO transfer-all will happen.

2 hours ago, PolskiHusarz20 said:

I ve got idea for a new enemy (mage). This enemy will place runes/traps on the ground which will equip player with chastity belt with cursed plugs. When this enemy gets close enough the plugs will start vibrating enabling this enemy to strike the PC. This enemy should be slower than PC and his/her traps should be much less visible. Belt should have timed lock or this enemy should have a key for it.

I like your idea but will be difficult to let the NPC place traps on their own before the player reaches them, but the rest should be doable

What a brilliant idea and concept and while haven't had time to play it yet, but from what I'm reading I'm sure the execution must also be top notch.

I've always loved DCL's Dollmaker sword, though a touch powerful, it was also a very welcome reward after a looong and difficult quest line.

But to hand swords like this to the enemy is just... well, utterly devious!

I absolutely love it.

Seems like a really great idea and it also seems like you've given a lot of thought as to how these ideas are to be executed - I'll be testing it out!

Ideas...

One idea I have not seen mentioned so far would be to add a way to customize the types of allowable restraints added from the mod - so this could be an exclusion list/toggle ('allow blindfolds? Y/N'), a device probability settings option, or something along the same lines in the MCM. Having the option to disable e.g. extreme hobble dresses or blindfolds added in the middle of the night during a fight inside a dungeon many hours of travel away from the nearest city shortly after a cursed loot event just caused you to drop all your keys, with other mods disallowing fast travel.. Sometimes extreme outcomes can be annoying to face and just lead to automatic reloads, it's more convenient for the player if s/he has the option to handle such outcomes directly in the MCM.

Another player-convenience change may or may not make sense yet but might make sense to consider at some point in the future: It's always nice to have an option in a mod to save your mod settings for a later new play-through. Clicking the 'load settings' button might not be much more work than clicking those 15 menu options for any individual mod, but if you have 15 mods with 15 different configuration buttons that need to be addressed then it's the difference between 15 clicks and 225 clicks. And 15 mods is not a lot..

A third one: As you give people more options (e.g. MCM device transfer probability, key-drop probability) your mod becomes potentially more attractive to more people, because you expand the potential user base by allowing people to configure their settings to their own tastes. This is not an idea, just a general notion, but it's related to the idea - because when you add options in your mod you'll implicitly also be giving people more opportunities to 'cheat' in various ways. One way to counter/avoid this tendency is by giving the player an option of locking choices in ('enable hardcore mode') so that they cannot be changed unless specific criteria are met. In a way by restricting options this way you can paradoxically add more options to the player, because the player now has both the option to play 'with cheating' and 'without'. I mention this because I assume mod locking options would be appreciated by some of the players who'd consider using the mod, because your mod will be adding options other mods are deliberately trying to remove from them and this might to some of them be an argument against using your mod.

3 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

I've always loved DCL's Dollmaker sword, though a touch powerful, it was also a very welcome reward after a looong and difficult quest line.

This was actually somewhat my inspiration, since i thought the same way about it beeing too powerful. Then the idea struck my like a lightning. As i also wanted to start modding someday, everything came together in this one perfect moment :P.

3 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

But to hand swords like this to the enemy is just... well, utterly devious!

I hope so, that was the goal.. ;)

2 hours ago, BYJE137 said:

One idea I have not seen mentioned so far would be to add a way to customize the types of allowable restraints added from the mod

I had that one on my list before i started coding, because i think the same way about as you do. For now i have added a debug option to remove all items if needed. But ofcourse thats not what we want right? 

have an option in a mod to save your mod settings for a later new play-through

Haha you are reading my mind, i just coded that part, have tested it and it works. Will upload the new version soon though.. 

enable hardcore mode

Ok please stop you scare me, another idea i had on my list since the start... i was also planning on implementing this very soon.

Who are you? me from another somewhere? my alter ego? help

ANNOUNCEMENT:

In the new mod update i will also expand the mod page with a future-plans-list of some sorts, where most of the ideas from my list will be placed. That way you know what i am planning on.

+

A bulletpoint list with features the mod has already covered. Some people dont like reading through huge walls of text... like me

I happened to be starting the lighthouse quest with Devious Cidhna while having this mod. Now some pirates in the ship wear restraints although they are not hostile which is good. I guess the only problem with this is when both of us have gag on it results in no talk. But i'll try going on, it shouldn't depend on 1 or 2 npcs... and maybe i can get that gag off, just don't remember this part well anymore.

Either way i'm not sure if there's much you can do for compatibility to this... Unless you can check the factions and only put devices to NPC's that are genuinely hostile?

Also perhaps NPC's can also have some "quest" flag on them which also should be skipped.

Edit: I was able to escape.

Spoiler

After just a small while when you talk to first mate he takes straightjacket off. At that point you can just fight your way out.

40 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

I was able to escape.

Good to hear. I hope you dont have any more problems regarding such a case. For these situations i can only recommend Devious Devices -Equip it allows you to forcerably unlock devices from any Actor in the game (i think even quest devices), this is a good for buggy situtaions.

Still, i will expand the MCM page "devices", which already exists and option so you can choose to turn off gags for such quests. 

Just Installed this with Inpa Sekiro combat and I'm having a blast at how epic it is to see the importance of the parry system the combat mod provides to this devious mod. You can literally feel the devious punishment whenever you fail to block the strikes. So far so good no impact to my heavy modded list except the occasional script lag which I already experience without this mod.

Anyway I see that you plan to add variety to the devious hostile enemies. I want to suggest something.

While planning for other devious enemy variants, in my example will be the devious mage, archer, and the boss. Instead of focusing on implementing a ranged way of equipping devices to player I suggest you to focus in building team synergy. So am I suggesting a devious mod not to be devious after all? O hell no! I even want this to be the most devious mod. 
For example:

Devious Mage: Instead of carrying a long range spell that simply equips devious devices, why not create an arsenal of devious spells that will combo with the strikers like having the mage equip a spell "elemental bolt of masochism" where if the spell hits the player, For a fix amount of time, the player receives a buff of masochism that converts damage into arousal, and every orgasm will provide a defence boost and hp heal to  the player to make fighting a bit longer while being fun and orgasmic. Another spell would be "devious cloak" wherein if the player gets too close to the mage, she experieneces a bigger arousal increase that if the arousal reaches 100, she will be forced to orgasm regardless of the situation. This sample spells will already be devious, but paired with the devious striker will result into a more punishing synergy against our dragonborn.

Devious Archer: Archer that possesses devious arrow. Arrow effects may include debuffs like "arrow of distraction" = decrease chance of finding a restraints or chastity keys. "arrow of pain slut" = turns damage receive into heal while draining magika and stamina. 

Devious Boss = A boss should be the most devious among them all. Having the capability of tormenting the dragonborn in both melee and long range. Some suggestions I have in mind. This npc should have a unique set of spells like "Devious Spell of Slavery" which is similar to the vampire curse wherein instead of instantly equipping the player some restraints, it is a timer based spell which if you don't do anything about it, it would be the most punishing spell among them. This spell equips the player the most punishing set of restraints after a specific amount of time. The sets equipped by this spell cannot be picked, struggled or unlocked, and can only be freed by the antidote that the boss have, this also gives the dragonborn the masochist buff to make things longer and harder. So basically you need to eliminate the boss before the curse activates or else you will be his/her slave toy for a while. For the short range attack, the boss weapon is a whip similar to the devious striker's swords but it also contains set of buffs and debuffs from the mages and archers  to weaken and torment the dragonborn. So this is basically to make it feel like you are fighting molag bal's sadistic general that is gifted with sanguine's playful toys.

So why does many of the devious capabilities of our enemies provide heal to our allies? The answer is simple, other devious mods provide means to equip the player with the devices, but after that you are just limited to facing enemies and then ragdolling back to your previous save after 5 seconds. This becomes boring in the long run, these buffs will atleast make the combat longer and not just a guaranteed death, defeat, or surrender if you fight with a devious device equipped. And if you are finally killed loverslab gives you other mods that adds flavor to the death such as some famous defeat mod.

I also suggest for you to at least add some sort of device disposal to your mod. just like in cursed loot and in devious lore they add some sort of merchant that buys devious devices because vanilla merchants do not buy these things. Having too many devices to your game world will result to some odd crashes. So i suggest spawning a travelling slavetrader of some sort to the roads in order to at least dispose of the devices. Never drop mod items to your game world as I do not trust how the game engine handles memory garbage disposal. Sometimes the items you drop despawn and sometimes they just remain which means ctd in the longer run of your save.

18 minutes ago, glaxofi01 said:

Just Installed this with Inpa Sekiro combat and I'm having a blast at how epic it is to see the importance of the parry system the combat mod provides to this devious mod. You can literally feel the devious punishment whenever you fail to block the strikes. So far so good no impact to my heavy modded list except the occasional script lag which I already experience without this mod.

If you can vowe for the mod inpa sekiro combat i could add it to the recommended list, it looks interesting. 

20 minutes ago, glaxofi01 said:

Instead of focusing on implementing a ranged way of equipping devices to player I suggest you to focus in building team synergy

Somebody suggested something similar in the annoucement thread: 

Spoiler

i linked this thread on the updated Main modpage, you can take a look at their ideas, they are also very devious...

25 minutes ago, glaxofi01 said:

Devious Boss

Really really devious indeed, but implementing whips might be hard. Under the condition to keep the requirements simple. But your idea is noted down, although i might not be able to put it 100% in action. Since im a modding beginner :P.

28 minutes ago, glaxofi01 said:

these buffs will atleast make the combat longer and not just a guaranteed death

I like it, longer and more interesting battle always sound great.

30 minutes ago, glaxofi01 said:

I also suggest for you to at least add some sort of device disposal to your mod

Something totally new, i havent thought about that yet, thanks for the amazing suggestions!

I will definitely consider them.

And if you havent already checked out the new version i just released, then go ahead!

13 hours ago, Baltasarr80 said:

Traps were in another mod before and li like the idea of someone placing traps in a dungeon very much :) Perhaps the traps could be placed on entering the dungeon for the first time

If I am correct then the technically problem with that mod is the logic to set trap auto in dungeon is not totally correct as it put trap in some unreachable corner, and the trap is not renewable.

19 minutes ago, hungvipbcsok said:

If I am correct then the technically problem with that mod is the logic to set trap auto in dungeon is not totally correct as it put trap in some unreachable corner, and the trap is not renewable.

Excatly, either you hand place them, which makes em exclusive to only a few dungeons, unless you find me a trap placing slave...

Or you let them autoplace somehow, which involves the risk of wonky placement. 

19 minutes ago, CrymH said:

Excatly, either you hand place them, which makes em exclusive to only a few dungeons, unless you find me a trap placing slave...

Or you let them autoplace somehow, which involves the risk of wonky placement. 

I think in the mod you are talking about, the author made an invisible skeever to run through the dungeon ahead of player and place the traps. That skeever is the "trap placing slave" for you :P

7 minutes ago, DayTri said:

I think in the mod you are talking about, the author made an invisible skeever to run through the dungeon ahead of player and place the traps. That skeever is the "trap placing slave" for you :P

Haha yeah you are right. The Author found an obscure way to tackle this issue and it works somehow