Like the idea, something fresh in the DD scene :P 

Some idea's you might want to play with (or not of course)

-Spectral assassins. They follow you around in dungeons cloaked (nearly invisible) and strike at random. There was an old DD mod that does this but can't remember wich.

-DD themed combat taunts, something like "finally I can get rid of this cursed chastity belt" (tip use conditions on the dialogue like haskeyword -> zad_deviousbelt)

-Quest idea, if you get below x% health a random event could trigger where you are forced as a DD assailant yourself. You then have to get rid of the devices by attacking humanoid creatures in dungeons. So probably bandits. Devices should be unescapable by normal struggle/pick/cut.

-Quest idea, npc x was roaming around a dungeon and she got hit by one of the attackers. Help her find her key by killing the attacker

-Add some dialogue with a force greet package.

Seems needs some checks while device transfers.

This is what happened.

Same location got two strikers spawned.

One with transparent catsuit, one with red catsuit. I won the battle, checked my inventory, I had both the catsuits out of which one (transparent) was equipped.

Next striker encounter, fight with one striker wearing a gold/yellow catsuit. Transparent catsuit was exchanged for the golden one.

Next striker encounter, fight with one striker wearing black catsuit. TransferAll event occurred. Golden catsuit got swapped for black one.

8 hours ago, naaitsab said:

Like the idea, something fresh in the DD scene

Great to hear, thanks. 

8 hours ago, naaitsab said:

I love those ideas, even though the quests n stuff will have to way a little, since they aint my priority atm

5 hours ago, MaJaNamesuu said:

Whats the chance for Striker to spawn?

To be honest i cant really tell since i have added them to the bandit leveld lists and the list itself decides what actor it spawns in which it doesnt, but i wanted to give people a MCM option to choose how high the spawn chances are.

And you mentioned your testing location, but as again, i can't find it. Am i silly or what

No you arent silly, i forgot to mention that it is NOT accessible through normal means, you need to type 'coc Deviousstrikecell' in the console and teleport their.

Like this mistake is minor issue, but i still will say about it

Screenshot_16.png

Where do you use the minor issue? for me it sounds normal or arent you able to download the mod through those means?

4 hours ago, xkira1995 said:

My person gets hit and just lays down for eternity. The event tries to trigger, but there's nothing I can do at that point.

Ohh sad to hear, sounds buggy, was it the first time you got hit? which version are you playing on the new one? And have you loaded a save during a transfer-all/punish event? (this causes the next event to continue infinitely)

EDIT: if you are already restraint completely, a transfer-all event takes some time..

58 minutes ago, Tron91 said:

One with transparent catsuit, one with red catsuit. I won the battle, checked my inventory, I had both the catsuits out of which one (transparent) was equipped.

Have you won without getting hit?

58 minutes ago, Tron91 said:

Next striker encounter, fight with one striker wearing a gold/yellow catsuit. Transparent catsuit was exchanged for the golden one.

Next striker encounter, fight with one striker wearing black catsuit. TransferAll event occurred. Golden catsuit got swapped for black one.

This sounds like everything worked as it should be... can please clarify your concerns in a bit more detail.

34 minutes ago, CrymH said:

Have you won without getting hit?

This sounds like everything worked as it should be... can please clarify your concerns in a bit more detail.

The problem is item stacking in my inventory. Am allowing them to hit me. When the PC is already wearing an item of the same type, a new item shouldn't be added. Kind of defeats the purpose of you deleting the inventory of the striker on death.

random thoughts for future features... for your consideration

- create a summon devious striker spell. give to conjurer, witch, warlock, dremora? either directly in mod by adding to their leveled list or via perk item spell distributor config

- give devious striker either a creature follower or a summon creature spell. the creature should have stagger ability making the PC more vulnerable to being hit. for brutal experience, give devious striker conjure chain beast spell (requires dependency though)

- always liked the idea of bounty hunters. some mechanism for team of devious strikers hunting PC. maybe like one of the random spawn mods. better if they don't just popup but chase down player. more like hired thugs. may need to run away if pack shows up!

- see forgotten (and other) wench mods. either give them the transfer weapon or upon death spawn devious striker as alternative to existing spawn

- have MCM flag to prevent follower from being a victim. my follower took all the transfers while i attacked from distance. maybe follower gets paralyzed if hit

thanks for listening and working on this! keep up the good work!

27 minutes ago, Tron91 said:

The problem is item stacking in my inventory

How about i add a MCM option to toggle wether or already worn devices should be swapped with new ones? i get your point and even implemented this at an earlier point, but i thought it would be more interesting to get new devices every once in a while. With this in mind i could also make it so the old device you have worn up to the transfer event will be destroyed and then swapped with the new one. 

Thanks for your feedback though, always appreciated.

6 minutes ago, ck2modfan said:

random thoughts for future features... for your consideration

Definitely 

7 minutes ago, ck2modfan said:

the creature should have stagger ability making the PC more vulnerable to being hit

Reminds me of those nasty Dark souls dogs, but still a fun idea since skyrim is far from beeing as difficult as Dark souls 

8 minutes ago, ck2modfan said:

give devious striker conjure chain beast spell

I now the mod you are talking about (have played it myself). Since the idea is built around a dependency it will stay in the more or less distant updates list i guess.

10 minutes ago, ck2modfan said:

always liked the idea of bounty hunters

same 

11 minutes ago, ck2modfan said:

have MCM flag to prevent follower from being a victim. my follower took all the transfers while i attacked from distance. maybe follower gets paralyzed if hit

I hope you feel guilty hehe. Nice suggestion though, shouldnt be too complicated.

Sooo, I've quickly tested this mod and wanted to give some feedback.

I like the idea, but I'd say that this is reeealy beta. Very much so.

I went to Swindler's Den to get a good amount of Bandits, in the first trial there was a Striker right at the entrance, outddors. She saw me, hit me once and vanished, and I... was punished from my DFC follower because the collar (and other stuff, as it seems) had been unequipped. And then I waited forever for DD items to equip.

Okay, reload, go inside. The mainroom with 4 or 5 bandits had a striker, again I got one single hit before she vanished into thin air. I got a debug message that someone's gonna be wrapped like a christmas present, and "there are 160 items". Whut? I have no idea what was equipped, it was not the stuff the striker had been wearing, and again it took a lot of time with me in bleedout animation, but the other bandits happily trying to slay me. Good for me that I had two followers in tow who took care of them.

Not so good for my followers was, that one had DDs equipped to her - overwriting her armour. A nuisance that I had with other DD mods too, so it would be nice to have an option to disable NPCs as vaild targets.

I'm aware that the DD equipping procedure seems to be quite slow - maybe take a look at DDe, as that's incredibly fast?

One word of caution though. DD is a very slow mod. It needs time for equipping, removal of devices. So sometimes keyword checks fail. You should make a watch if two or more transfer events are occurring in parallel. For those situations where there are more than one strikers spawned at the same bandit location. If you make a check for items worn by the player by keyword, two parallel events can lead to unexpected results.

10 hours ago, naaitsab said:

Like the idea, something fresh in the DD scene :P 

-Spectral assassins. They follow you around in dungeons cloaked (nearly invisible) and strike at random. There was an old DD mod that does this but can't remember wich.

-DD themed combat taunts, something like "finally I can get rid of this cursed chastity belt" (tip use conditions on the dialogue like haskeyword -> zad_deviousbelt)

-Quest idea, if you get below x% health a random event could trigger where you are forced as a DD assailant yourself. You then have to get rid of the devices by attacking humanoid creatures in dungeons. So probably bandits. Devices should be unescapable by normal struggle/pick/cut.

-Quest idea, npc x was roaming around a dungeon and she got hit by one of the attackers. Help her find her key by killing the attacker

-Add some dialogue with a force greet package.

nice ideas!

3 hours ago, CrymH said:
8 hours ago, MaJaNamesuu said:

Like this mistake is minor issue, but i still will say about it

Screenshot_16.png

Where do you use the minor issue? for me it sounds normal or arent you able to download the mod through those means?

I believe that what this person meant for the minor issue is that "munally" should be "manually", and that the difference in spelling was confusing.

3 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

I'm aware that the DD equipping procedure seems to be quite slow - maybe take a look at DDe, as that's incredibly fast?

3 hours ago, Tron91 said:

One word of caution though. DD is a very slow mod. It needs time for equipping, removal of devices. So sometimes keyword checks fail. You should make a watch if two or more transfer events are occurring in parallel. For those situations where there are more than one strikers spawned at the same bandit location. If you make a check for items worn by the player by keyword, two parallel events can lead to unexpected results.

Are you both using DD5 and above? The equipping is about 10 times faster with the revamped equip method. Mods do need to be updated and/or use the new function to equip otherwise it's doesn't benefit from it.

DDe uses a formlist and loop approach If I'm not mistaken. Personally like to just use the function calls with a slight delay between each equip to make sure nothing fails. Especially on quest mods/devices a second or 2 extra or getting a quest borked is an easy choice to make :P 

This mod has a lot of potential i really like it................but:

I started a new game and went to the first little bandit camp you can encounter - 3 bandit spawns are possible there and one of them was a striker. So i go and kill the normal ones and then let myself get hit by the striker. The game lags out and i kill said striker. After i put my weapons away i was immediatley equiped with basicly all items that could be equiped - mind you i did not change any settings and the max amiount i got hit was 2 maybe 3. The girl was wearing just a normal harness and nothing else visually, but i got equiped with a hobble dress plugs, chastity belt, collar and several other items.

So i thought that maybe i got double hit or something so i removed all items with the debug and went into the next camp - one of the ones north of whiterun. A striker spanwns(pony) and gets attacked immideatley by the other bandits- so i rush over to atleast get one hit in and as soon as that happens i have the same thing- lag then i put my weapons away then i wear like 10 different items. Tho this time i did wear pony boots and a bridle with the horse ears.

So what i would love to see: Fewer items on equip - more settings to allow reliable control over it and a slider to set the chance for encounters

4 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

She saw me, hit me once and vanished

Be aware that the total number of transfers IS NOT reset when the combat ends, it only gets decreased by the number you have set in the MCM Menu, 2 by default, so it could happen that you were at Default 5 transfers already and this one hit was enough to trigger a transfer-all event, which lets the Striker disappear.

the collar (and other stuff, as it seems) had been unequipped

My mod only unequips items without exchanging them that conflict with the punishing device, this has to be done or else the punish device wont be equipped properly or at all, one example: for a straitjacket the mod needs to remove any armbinder you currently have equipped AND any body device like a catsuit. There are other cases that could unequip a worn collar and not replace it. BUT i want to improve the device swapping in the next couple updates. For now though you can always turn the main functions from my mod off if you experience any conflicts, like you had. 

there are 160 items

This comes from the Key removal function, i mistakenly forgot to remove the debug massage, sorry!!

but the other bandits happily trying to slay me.

I took care of that case, you should be "untouchable" during the knockdown and take no hit events, so the process wont be interfered. 

would be nice to have an option to disable NPCs as vaild targets.

Somebody else already suggested that, i am currently working on it. 

maybe take a look at DDe, as that's incredibly fast?

There is a big difference in Devious strike and DDe. My mod has to check for the right items, then unequips them from the Attacker, equips them on the target, if the target already wears a device conflicting with this one it will be removed first. In DDe however the mod already knows what devices to equip, and the has easy acces to the right keywords of each device, which my Mod does not.

22 minutes ago, nimawi said:

After i put my weapons away i was immediatley equiped with basicly all items that could be equiped

Yes i have noticed a little bug that causes the punish event to be called (Bcause i did the mistake and compared a float to an integer, if you know what that means), i will upload a fixed version today 

24 minutes ago, nimawi said:

A striker spanwns(pony) and gets attacked immideatley by the other bandits

This sounds really odd, can you tell me what bandit's there were and which camp you are talking about? maybe they arent in the normal bandit faction

26 minutes ago, nimawi said:

Fewer items on equip

This is caused by the bug i guess, you can always turn on/off the functions and move some sliders around to get the settings to your likings.

27 minutes ago, nimawi said:

more settings to allow reliable control over it and a slider to set the chance for encounters

I am also already working on that

54 minutes ago, CrymH said:

Yes i have noticed a little bug that causes the punish event to be called (Bcause i did the mistake and compared a float to an integer, if you know what that means), i will upload a fixed version today 

This sounds really odd, can you tell me what bandit's there were and which camp you are talking about? maybe they arent in the normal bandit faction

This is caused by the bug i guess, you can always turn on/off the functions and move some sliders around to get the settings to your likings.

I am also already working on that

i'd have to translate it out of german so it might be really inaccurate its called Outpost standing stream, is directly NNW of Whiterun - It features wooden walls is on the side of a mountain/hill and also has a small cave which can be entered - and no its not the one where you get the silent moons enchantment thats further west to this one - on the map it is marked with two crossing sticks - or wehat i am guessing is supposed to be a tent form the front view.

If you are an experienced player than youll recognise it as the one camp where near it is a pit you can fall into and if you survive you end up on the other side of the cave system

Hope this helps

1 hour ago, nimawi said:

i'd have to translate it out of german

you dont have to, i understand german ;). i will take a look at it

Also get the new version i uploaded earlier, it should fix the problem where you get equipped fully with just 1 or 2 hits

EDIT:

after porting to that camp atleast 20 times i havent had a single striker beeing attacked by the bandits, i guess your case is just some typical skyrim nonsense, but if you should see this behaviour once more, then tell. It would mean i have missed something...

btw its called halted stream camp