4 minutes ago, CrymH said:

Yes i had my mod installed and i think i tested ver. 2 about 4 days ago, it was right after you posted it if i remember correctly 

Can you test my mod, with your mod disabled and see if the bandits attack the mages or not.

7 minutes ago, CrymH said:

Apparently it is working just fine now ...

As I had hoped. The explanation.

My mod is just two quests. One quest just holds the configuration parameters for the mod (Global variables).

The other quest is a polling quests whose timing can be configured as well. It keeps checking if the player has entered a new cell. Upon entering a new cell it just counts for NPCs. In the next step, it filters the NPC's from these five factions (Bandit, Forsworn, Necromancer, Warlock and SilverHand) into an array built on runtime. In the third step, it checks each NPC in the array for it's faction and spawns a Bound Mage belonging to the same faction as the actor if the Chance condition is fulfilled.

Your mod is causing problem in the third step of spawning the Bound Mage. Your strikers belongs to two faction at the same time (Bandit and Forsworn). So what happens when my mod actually gets a striker actor, it spawns two Bound Mages at the same time. One belonging to the Bandit Faction and the other from the Forsworn Faction. The Forsworn faction Bound Mage gets attacked by the Non striker bandits. The strikers and Bound mages won't fight as they have a common faction between them. Likewise the Bound Mage from Bandit Faction and the Bound Mage from Forsworn Faction won't fight as they both have a common faction (BoundMageFaction or whatever I made to filter them).

4 minutes ago, Tron91 said:

As I had hoped. The explanation.

My mod is just two quests. One quest just holds the configuration parameters for the mod (Global variables).

The other quest is a polling quests whose timing can be configured as well. It keeps checking if the player has entered a new cell. Upon entering a new cell it just counts for NPCs. In the next step, it filters the NPC's from these five factions (Bandit, Forsworn, Necromancer, Warlock and SilverHand) into an array built on runtime. In the third step, it checks each NPC in the array for it's faction and spawns a Bound Mage belonging to the same faction as the actor if the Chance condition is fulfilled.

Your mod is causing problem in the third step of spawning the Bound Mage. Your strikers belongs to two faction at the same time (Bandit and Forsworn). So what happens when my mod actually gets a striker actor, it spawns two Bound Mages at the same time. One belonging to the Bandit Faction and the other from the Forsworn Faction. The Forsworn faction Bound Mage gets attacked by the Non striker bandits. The strikers and Bound mages won't fight as they have a common faction between them. Likewise the Bound Mage from Bandit Faction and the Bound Mage from Forsworn Faction won't fight as they both have a common faction (BoundMageFaction or whatever I made to filter them).

Ohhh that really explains everything, thanks alot. My next update might fix this problem as i have already added a function that does something very similar to your mod. It adds the faction after a striker is spawned, i did this to avoid the vampire thrall bug, which appeared quite recently. 

I guess i will expand this feature to allow for better compatibility between mods and also that it will be easier for me to add strikers to new factions without them clashing against each their friends and allies. 

9 hours ago, CrymH said:

I have also tested the mod myself and here is the result:

I set the extra spawns to 5 which means i will get 1+5=6 spawns on every single actor that is placed in the world by default. after visiting the same 3 bandit camps with player level 1; 25; 50 everything worked as it should have. Sometimes there were fewer strikers than bandits and vice versa, e.g.: 2 Striker - 4 Bandits or 3-3 or 4-2 (per default single actor).

My Conclusion:

After testing, the chance of a striker or bandit is for me atleast 50/50, which means that @Þursona is either very unlucky or has some other mods/ settings/ etc. that influence the spawn chance of strikers in some way or another.

OR it is caused by the encounter zones in conjunction with your and the LvList level, which basically means you were unlucky. But when you say it happen all the time, it is evident that you are not unlucky and most likely have some differences compared to my setup. Which leads me to your modlist, you mind sharing it?

Sure, I can share my modlist / loadorder. Can't think of any other mods that influence spawn settings/behaviour though. The Dungeon I took the screenshot in was added by a mod (Forgotten Dungeons), maybe the dungeon's encounter zone simply is quite high. High Striker spawns happen frequently but not all the time.

loadorder.txt

Edited by Þursona
11 hours ago, CrymH said:

I think you got something confused, let me explain:

The Level any actor has in a leveled list is NOT the level they are spawned with ingame. The LeveledList Level is just there so it can be compared to the player level AND the encounter zone. The Level modifier in the Strikers actorbase, which is currently set to 0.8, is for the actual ingame Level of the striker that is being calculated from the players level when they spawn.

To simplify:

LvList Level is for determining what actor to spawn. Actorbase Level is either preset to a fixed value or calculated from the players level and is there for the actual ingame Level of the spawned actor, it does NOT affect the spawn chance in the LvList. 

Here is a quote from the CKwiki that proves this point:

"Level: The selected actor's associated level. This level is used in the conjunction with the Encounter Zone, the player's level, and the check boxes to determine what creature the list will produce. This level does not have to match the NPC's actual level." ~ CK Wiki - LeveledCharacter

I have also tested the mod myself and here is the result:

I set the extra spawns to 5 which means i will get 1+5=6 spawns on every single actor that is placed in the world by default. after visiting the same 3 bandit camps with player level 1; 25; 50 everything worked as it should have. Sometimes there were fewer strikers than bandits and vice versa, e.g.: 2 Striker - 4 Bandits or 3-3 or 4-2 (per default single actor).

My Conclusion:

After testing, the chance of a striker or bandit is for me atleast 50/50, which means that @Þursona is either very unlucky or has some other mods/ settings/ etc. that influence the spawn chance of strikers in some way or another.

OR it is caused by the encounter zones in conjunction with your and the LvList level, which basically means you were unlucky. But when you say it happen all the time, it is evident that you are not unlucky and most likely have some differences compared to my setup. Which leads me to your modlist, you mind sharing it?

ah, you are correct about the leveled list stuff, the basic bandit level should have no bearing on it and it all really just depends on how many things are on the list, if there were 3 bandits on a list for example there would be a 33% change of spawn for any of them, when adding a striker to the list that would be 25% for any actor on the list.

Also, I did mention I had a lot of striker on that one vampire lair, but it's possible I also just got lucky rolls, I've been to bandit camps and forsworn camps that sometimes have a quite a few strikers and sometimes none, so it's all basically up to chance. Personally I really enjoy strikers so I don't mind.

Also as far as my modlist is concerned I do have ASIS on here, but I don't have any extra spawns on it so it modifies no leveled list and I have really no other mod that adds creatures or enemies. I think the mod is working perfectly fine honestly.

12 hours ago, ttpt said:

ah, you are correct about the leveled list stuff, the basic bandit level should have no bearing on it and it all really just depends on how many things are on the list, if there were 3 bandits on a list for example there would be a 33% change of spawn for any of them, when adding a striker to the list that would be 25% for any actor on the list.

Also, I did mention I had a lot of striker on that one vampire lair, but it's possible I also just got lucky rolls, I've been to bandit camps and forsworn camps that sometimes have a quite a few strikers and sometimes none, so it's all basically up to chance. Personally I really enjoy strikers so I don't mind.

Also as far as my modlist is concerned I do have ASIS on here, but I don't have any extra spawns on it so it modifies no leveled list and I have really no other mod that adds creatures or enemies. I think the mod is working perfectly fine honestly.

truly lovely to hear, thanks for enjoying the mod and yes i also think that the mod is working how it should be.

14 hours ago, Þursona said:

Sure, I can share my modlist / loadorder. Can't think of any other mods that influence spawn settings/behaviour though. The Dungeon I took the screenshot in was added by a mod (Forgotten Dungeons), maybe the dungeon's encounter zone simply is quite high. High Striker spawns happen frequently but not all the time.

loadorder.txt 6.38 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for sharing the information, i will take a look at it and come back to you when i found something, or not.

On 6/28/2021 at 8:50 PM, CrymH said:

Sounds like they havent equipped the devices properly, where they wearing ones? If not try to click the confirm devices option on the device page in MCM. If not can you tell me whether it was just once or always happens. What mods do you have that might change the device equipping process, if any?

They have the devices equipped. It always happen, sometimes it takes some hits sometimes it's on the first hit that the striker vanishes. I don't think I have mods that change the equipping process except for deviously cursed loot or sexlab survival (maybe) and barefoot realism. 

56 minutes ago, RedCardei said:

They have the devices equipped. It always happen, sometimes it takes some hits sometimes it's on the first hit that the striker vanishes. I don't think I have mods that change the equipping process except for deviously cursed loot or sexlab survival (maybe) and barefoot realism. 

Do have have default settings? If not can you share whatever you have changed? Do you have a fresh install of the mod or did you upgrade form a previous version, if yes how did you upgrade? Just a regular deinstall of old and Install of new version or did you replace it? or do you install mods manually? And most importantly: can you check they strikers inventory through console commands if they actually have the inventory devices on them and whether they are equipped? 

Sorry for the huge load of questions, but your case might be really important as this problem was persistent in some of my tests for the device page update. This means that i know why the striker disappear on transfer, but to fix this i need all of the information you can give me. 

Here is the explanation, it might help you answer the questions if you are interested:

When a striker spawns, a script starts which assigns a random outfit from your MCM chosen ones to the striker, lets take the black rubber one for example. What this outfit does is pretty simple and self explanatory: A outfit contains several armor pieces, in our case: black catsuit + boots + etc. i think you know the drill. 

Know when a striker attacks any target my script runs, which iterates through the strikers inventory and searches for devices that are available for transfer. When it finds one the device first gets unlocked from the striker and then locked on the target (this is basically the whole transfer process). But when the script cant find a viable device it deletes the striker.

And that is where your case comes in:

when you see a striker they have their devices equipped normally, or so it seems. The outfit was applied or else they would run around naked, which means that right after they equip their devices the outfit must somehow be removed from the striker. Why? The removal of an outfit leaves the armor items in the actors inventory and does not remove even when the outfit itself is gone. This causes all armor instances to be unequipped when the actors inventory is refreshed but no outfit exists anymore. Which means the actor should be naked right after the refresh (this is default skyrim stuff). Now when a striker transfers a devices it will first get unequipped from them as i explained earlier, which causes said refresh of their inventory to happen.

Here comes the next thing: devices are made of 2 items; 1 inventory device (only visible in inventory); 1 rendered device (only visible on actors). the inventory one handles all the script stuff and appears like any other normal item in your inventory. When you try to equip it, a script runs and the rendered device appears on you visibly it disappears again on unequip.

putting it all together: 

When a strikers inventory refreshes without them having a set outfit, they will automatically unequip all devices they currently wear. And that is where your problem lies, they dont get unlocked by normal means they get forced which skips the script from the inventory device and just removes it, leaveing the rendered device on the actor. This causes your striker to look like they're wearing their devices properly, but in reality they dont, they only have the rendered devices equipped. As i said earlier my script checks for devices in the strikers inventory and not for the rendered devices. This causes them to instantly disappear, because they dont have any inventory items equppied, even though the still equppied rendered devices appear on the striker. 

Sorry for my bad explanation skills, if you dont understand any of the gibberish, dont worry just try answering the questions above. If you do, i hope this helps you understand the problem a bit better

6 hours ago, CrymH said:

Do have have default settings? If not can you share whatever you have changed? Do you have a fresh install of the mod or did you upgrade form a previous version, if yes how did you upgrade? Just a regular deinstall of old and Install of new version or did you replace it? or do you install mods manually? And most importantly: can you check they strikers inventory through console commands if they actually have the inventory devices on them and whether they are equipped? 

Sorry for the huge load of questions, but your case might be really important as this problem was persistent in some of my tests for the device page update. This means that i know why the striker disappear on transfer, but to fix this i need all of the information you can give me. 

Here is the explanation, it might help you answer the questions if you are interested:

When a striker spawns, a script starts which assigns a random outfit from your MCM chosen ones to the striker, lets take the black rubber one for example. What this outfit does is pretty simple and self explanatory: A outfit contains several armor pieces, in our case: black catsuit + boots + etc. i think you know the drill. 

Know when a striker attacks any target my script runs, which iterates through the strikers inventory and searches for devices that are available for transfer. When it finds one the device first gets unlocked from the striker and then locked on the target (this is basically the whole transfer process). But when the script cant find a viable device it deletes the striker.

And that is where your case comes in:

when you see a striker they have their devices equipped normally, or so it seems. The outfit was applied or else they would run around naked, which means that right after they equip their devices the outfit must somehow be removed from the striker. Why? The removal of an outfit leaves the armor items in the actors inventory and does not remove even when the outfit itself is gone. This causes all armor instances to be unequipped when the actors inventory is refreshed but no outfit exists anymore. Which means the actor should be naked right after the refresh (this is default skyrim stuff). Now when a striker transfers a devices it will first get unequipped from them as i explained earlier, which causes said refresh of their inventory to happen.

Here comes the next thing: devices are made of 2 items; 1 inventory device (only visible in inventory); 1 rendered device (only visible on actors). the inventory one handles all the script stuff and appears like any other normal item in your inventory. When you try to equip it, a script runs and the rendered device appears on you visibly it disappears again on unequip.

putting it all together: 

When a strikers inventory refreshes without them having a set outfit, they will automatically unequip all devices they currently wear. And that is where your problem lies, they dont get unlocked by normal means they get forced which skips the script from the inventory device and just removes it, leaveing the rendered device on the actor. This causes your striker to look like they're wearing their devices properly, but in reality they dont, they only have the rendered devices equipped. As i said earlier my script checks for devices in the strikers inventory and not for the rendered devices. This causes them to instantly disappear, because they dont have any inventory items equppied, even though the still equppied rendered devices appear on the striker. 

Sorry for my bad explanation skills, if you dont understand any of the gibberish, dont worry just try answering the questions above. If you do, i hope this helps you understand the problem a bit better

I left the default settings except for a change in the items they can carry (disabled ropes). I upgraded from a previous version (had the same issure), started a new game. I use nmm to install everything . The inventories are empty. I tried a reset of the mod (reset strikers, reset inventory and spawned them in) the inventory is still empty. 

On 7/3/2021 at 1:08 AM, RedCardei said:

I left the default settings except for a change in the items they can carry (disabled ropes). I upgraded from a previous version (had the same issure), started a new game. I use nmm to install everything . The inventories are empty. I tried a reset of the mod (reset strikers, reset inventory and spawned them in) the inventory is still empty. 

When you updated, have you deinstalled and installed the new version or have you just replaced the old version (overriding)? If you have not tried the first option than do so and dont forget to clean your save file!

If this method wont work can you send me your loadorder?

Edited by CrymH

wah wah wah. So today I go explore White River Watch and encounter Ulfr the Blind, which is turned into Devious Striker. All his model is gone except for the floating head. So if Ulfr could be changed into Striker, I fear many others bandit named NPC will also share the same fate. 

PS: He didn't have model cuz I am not using DD for him. So he bahave totally like a normal Ulfr. The only different is when he died he turn into ash with Striker loot. So the issue seem small but if the NPC have quest item drop on dead then he/she may not if they turn into Strikerr.

Edited by hungvipbcsok
5 hours ago, hungvipbcsok said:

wah wah wah. So today I go explore White River Watch and encounter Ulfr the Blind, which is turned into Devious Striker. All his model is gone except for the floating head. So if Ulfr could be changed into Striker, I fear many others bandit named NPC will also share the same fate. 

PS: He didn't have model cuz I am not using DD for him. So he bahave totally like a normal Ulfr. The only different is when he died he turn into ash with Striker loot. So the issue seem small but if the NPC have quest item drop on dead then he/she may not if they turn into Strikerr.

@CrymH Seems you might need another approach to spawn strikers. Leveled Lists usage will require lots of filtering / patches if issues such as above occurs.

16 hours ago, hungvipbcsok said:

10 hours ago, Tron91 said:

@CrymH Seems you might need another approach to spawn strikers. Leveled Lists usage will require lots of filtering / patches if issues such as above occurs.

@Tron91 Well it seems i have to agree with you... it is evident that my current method of spawning strikers will be having a doomed future. There are just too many factors which are against the current method, like the spawn chance or special enemies or quest items or other stuff. 

I am finally convinced to change the Spawn method of strikers and i think it will be in a similar fashion  to how @Tron91 has done it in there mod DCS, but with more/different features attached to it. This means that the new update might take a little longer than planned, because i have to redo some fundamentals, which is quite time consuming.

Edited by CrymH
5 hours ago, CrymH said:

@Tron91 Well it seems i have to agree with you... it is evident that my current method of spawning strikers sill have a doomed future. There are just too many factors which are going against the current method, like the spawn chance or special enemies or quest items. 

I am finally convinced to change the Spawn method of strikers and i think it will be in a similar fashion just like you have done it in your mod DCS, but with more/different features attached. This means that the new update might take a little longer than planned, because i have to redo some fundamentals, which is quite time consuming.

Don't let it discourage you @CrymH this mod is a great example of working dynamic Devious Devices into the Skyrim experience and IMO is objectively on the same level as Cursed Loot providing random, exciting/frustrating challenges.

One thing you may need to look into is a condition that will occur when the player is "beaten" by a Striker. Being completely wrapped up is fine, but the other bandits don't seem to care, which often leads to a swift death. I am admittedly full of "high minded" ideas on what to do, but, I have little to no modding experience to determine the difficulty of said ideas. ?‍♂️ Feel free to DM me if you would like to hear a few of them.

51 minutes ago, shiftbitlogic said:

Don't let it discourage you @CrymH this mod is a great example of working dynamic Devious Devices into the Skyrim experience and IMO is objectively on the same level as Cursed Loot providing random, exciting/frustrating challenges.

One thing you may need to look into is a condition that will occur when the player is "beaten" by a Striker. Being completely wrapped up is fine, but the other bandits don't seem to care, which often leads to a swift death. I am admittedly full of "high minded" ideas on what to do, but, I have little to no modding experience to determine the difficulty of said ideas. ?‍♂️ Feel free to DM me if you would like to hear a few of them.

Your motivation really made me smile thanks. I have never ever thought that my mod will one day be somewhat compared to Cursed loot, like wow.. 

Dont worry i am not that frustrated or anything, because i once had this idea of spawning strikers in my mind already but i scraped it, so it's just a 'coming back to it' and a 'complete start from ground up'.

About the condition of a beaten player: for now you are either meant to disable the option or combine it with one of the many defeat mods. Though In the future i am looking forward to implementing my own small defeat mechanic, similar to that from DCL so you do not require other mods. 

And please dont ask if you can share your creative ideas, just post or send them, however you like. Afterwards i will notify you about what i think of the idea and how or when i might integrate it, if the idea is doable. 

Well, one thing I was thinking about was the idea that the Striker would make your life harder in a way.

For example... Once you are beaten completely, that is, the striker has transferred all of their devices, or you have been "punished":
1. The player character is immediately and temporarily added to the "Harmless" faction, (which should prevent everyone from attacking.)

2. A calm spell is cast, if needed to stop combat.

3. This would effectively allow for the striker to then approach the player and "force greet" to tell them something derogatory, like

"What a pathetic excuse for an adventurer... remove this worthless creature from my sight...." (totally ad hoc, you decide what makes sense...)

4. Finally, the player is transported to the start of the dungeon and the "Harmless" faction is removed.

This would give the player the option to "safely" leave the dungeon or attempt to reclaim their honor by getting free and going after the Striker... maybe the Striker took an item or gold?

In the past my character always ends up over powered. With enough armor and health, most enemies simply don't pose any threat. Installing other mods may make the start of the game a little harder but it doesn't take long to over power everything again.  The only way to make the game challenging was to impose my own limits, which means my character can't progress. The entire purpose of playing an RPG is to progress and evolve the character over time to overcome bigger challenges.

This mod changes things in a good way. No matter how powerful my character gets, she is always vulnerable to bondage. In the past she would charge into battle without care, now she is forced to sneak and hide to avoid getting ambushed by a striker.  If she is not careful, all her powerful enchanted armor will be stripped away and replaced with restraints.  This makes battle fun and engaging again.  She has to pay attention to her targets, she has to take out the strikers first, or the battle is lost. Even if she wins the fight, she may still be vulnerable because of the restraints taking the place of her enchanted gear.

Suggestion: If possible could you add a way for the player to increase or decrease the spawn rate for the strikers?  Personally, I would increase the spawn rate so that every battle has one or more strikers but I know other players would find that too harsh.

An idea would be to add strikers via a summon spell like an atronarch, you could still use the current leveled list method but replace the strikers in those list with a generic bandit or forsworn that can cast this spell to summon them. This way when that bandit dies he won't turn into ghostly remains but just die like any other regular bandit, so that keys or even Ulfr the Blind that pull from bandit leveled list will still function as normal.

Another effect is that you'd have to kill this bandit to keep them from resummoning the striker, the same way you have to kill mages to keep them from resummoning atronarchs.

Edited by ttpt
5 hours ago, shiftbitlogic said:

Well, one thing I was thinking about was the idea that the Striker would make your life harder in a way.

For example... Once you are beaten completely, that is, the striker has transferred all of their devices, or you have been "punished":
1. The player character is immediately and temporarily added to the "Harmless" faction, (which should prevent everyone from attacking.)

2. A calm spell is cast, if needed to stop combat.

3. This would effectively allow for the striker to then approach the player and "force greet" to tell them something derogatory, like

"What a pathetic excuse for an adventurer... remove this worthless creature from my sight...." (totally ad hoc, you decide what makes sense...)

4. Finally, the player is transported to the start of the dungeon and the "Harmless" faction is removed.

This would give the player the option to "safely" leave the dungeon or attempt to reclaim their honor by getting free and going after the Striker... maybe the Striker took an item or gold?

I really love the idea, in theory this should be possible.

2 hours ago, SirCrazy said:

In the past my character always ends up over powered. With enough armor and health, most enemies simply don't pose any threat. Installing other mods may make the start of the game a little harder but it doesn't take long to over power everything again.  The only way to make the game challenging was to impose my own limits, which means my character can't progress. The entire purpose of playing an RPG is to progress and evolve the character over time to overcome bigger challenges.

This mod changes things in a good way. No matter how powerful my character gets, she is always vulnerable to bondage. In the past she would charge into battle without care, now she is forced to sneak and hide to avoid getting ambushed by a striker.  If she is not careful, all her powerful enchanted armor will be stripped away and replaced with restraints.  This makes battle fun and engaging again.  She has to pay attention to her targets, she has to take out the strikers first, or the battle is lost. Even if she wins the fight, she may still be vulnerable because of the restraints taking the place of her enchanted gear.

Suggestion: If possible could you add a way for the player to increase or decrease the spawn rate for the strikers?  Personally, I would increase the spawn rate so that every battle has one or more strikers but I know other players would find that too harsh.

I am really glad that you perceive the mod how i intended it to be: An Additional challange to the normal and boring skyrim gameplay 

About your suggestion, yes it will be possible in the next update. This was a topic since the start of the mod ? and it will finally (hopefully) become a reality 

2 hours ago, ttpt said:

An idea would be to add strikers via a summon spell like an atronarch, you could still use the current leveled list method but replace the strikers in those list with a generic bandit or forsworn that can cast this spell to summon them. This way when that bandit dies he won't turn into ghostly remains but just die like any other regular bandit, so that keys or even Ulfr the Blind that pull from bandit leveled list will still function as normal.

Another effect is that you'd have to kill this bandit to keep them from resummoning the striker, the same way you have to kill mages to keep them from resummoning atronarchs.

Well it would be possible, but it will also negate the base idea of the mod, which is to integrate a whole new enemy faction amongst all other unfriendly factions. And with your idea, i would be bound to summoning magic for spawning strikers, which limits my possibilities even further than they are already. By Redoing the spawn method like i said, i will have many more possibilities than ever before, which is the main goal of this hole operation. 

This is also dissonant with one type of striker i had in mind for a future update. It introduces a Summon Striker that summons wicked creatures/people and as you can think, it would be weird to have one summoner summoning another summoner that summons something themselves.

Still thanks for the thought.