Man, great mod Last time i played it you just released it and now...... Those options are a real improvement keep going like that and this'll be the devious mod of the year.

THought i have 2 things in my mind regarding the mod: First when i disable the Device options for...lets say pink rubber, can it be that a devious striker still spawns with that stuff on? It is a bit "imersion" breaking if so, after all its a device TRanfser.

Next point is a feature request, when an item is equiped, could we get a notification and maybe a sound? Its very weird if i just finish up combat, i walk over to my follower and suddendly cant talk to them propper cause im gagged - which i didnt even notice until then

The mod is really good, got to say. However I have a small issue with it. Sometimes I see a bandit, regular one, and in front of me despawns to spawn the striker. While equipping the devices on the strikers usually the game fps goes down before entering in a loop and just crashes. That makes the game unplayable in some areas. Tried checking stuff in the mcm menu but still, it happens :/

On 8/7/2021 at 10:27 PM, toshiyougan said:

no probs, i fixed it.

DD didn't work at all properly so i completely removed it and reinstalled it again, worked like a charm.

i do have to say that i noticed something odd (or it's a bug/intended ;) ), when i use a devious weapon it barely transfers at all while strikers do it all the time.

Yes i am aware of this issue it will be fixed in the next update hopefully

On 8/8/2021 at 3:07 AM, nimawi said:

Man, great mod Last time i played it you just released it and now...... Those options are a real improvement keep going like that and this'll be the devious mod of the year.

THought i have 2 things in my mind regarding the mod: First when i disable the Device options for...lets say pink rubber, can it be that a devious striker still spawns with that stuff on? It is a bit "imersion" breaking if so, after all its a device TRanfser.

Next point is a feature request, when an item is equiped, could we get a notification and maybe a sound? Its very weird if i just finish up combat, i walk over to my follower and suddendly cant talk to them propper cause im gagged - which i didnt even notice until then

I am really happy to hear that you honor this mod as devious mod of the year, just wow i never expected this. 

About your questions:

1. no if you click on the apply button after changing device options, they should be set as is. What you described applies to the the right collum of options. When you disable gags for example, the striker will always spawn with their full gear equipped and the gag will then be unequipped a second later via script. But if you disable a color, which are located in the left collum and apply your settings, a striker will never be capable of spawning with said gear. 

2. This is something i am also already working on for the next update, but thanks for the reminder!

On 8/8/2021 at 5:07 PM, zwdragonbone8314 said:

Hi I just download the latest version of this mod. Just want to ask, in MCM, device, if I untick the devious device, does that mean that device will not be used against my PC? Because I untick the glove and boot, but the mod keep putting these devices into my PC.

Check if you have click the button to confirm your changes for the Device page, this button can be found on the top of the same page and only applies to this page. you always have to do this or else your changed settings will take no effect. 

On 8/8/2021 at 6:57 PM, sirkay said:

The mod is really good, got to say. However I have a small issue with it. Sometimes I see a bandit, regular one, and in front of me despawns to spawn the striker. While equipping the devices on the strikers usually the game fps goes down before entering in a loop and just crashes. That makes the game unplayable in some areas. Tried checking stuff in the mcm menu but still, it happens :/

I am sorry to say, but since i had to change the spawn method in the previous update, this became one of the flaws i had hope to avoid. The only things i can suggest at the moment are to either reduce the number of devices they are wearing via MCM or decrease the spawn chance, that way you wont have multiple strikers equipping their devices at the same time. Apart from these suggestion you could also increase skyrim's priority in the task manager, if you do so your computer wont lose as much performance because of applications running in the background. 

With each update i am giving my best to keep the mods performance as stable as i can, but sadly it is still  more or less script weighted mod and as such it will undoubtedly reduce your games performance or even crash it. what helps most is to have a strong Hardware that can keep up with most stuff and is up to date for the best performance, or to have as few mods as possible. 

And thanks for the praise!

Edited by CrymH
On 8/9/2021 at 1:38 AM, RedDotGecko said:

If they attack me, nothing happens, and when they strip me down, they just die and i am stuck forever in that laying-thing, here is a screenshot from it to help show it off+ to show console

Skyrim 09.08.2021 01_35_09.png

I cant be sure from that screenshot, but are you perhaps playing a male character? If so, then check the settings for a target gender option and see if it is set to male. Else, can you send me your log file? check the main mod page for instructions if you dont know how.

@CrymH Good to see that you are back. Life's making you busy I guess.

If multiple Strikers try to attack at the same time, the DD engine gets overwhelmed and could cause erroneous results. I eliminated this problem in my mod by making sure that only one instance of the DD equip event occurs at one moment. This is what I did in my DD installation in FO4 as well. The two armor instance for one DD item is the root cause. Try to employ the same philosophy for the DD transfer event and the problem is solved.

Edited by Tron91

So I am having some mods that add weapon to NPC and I build a bash patch for everything in my mod list. Now melee striker start throwing knife and shuriken at me, and archery striker pull out a spear and hand to hand combat with me. I am not sure which cause this problem because this is my first run this version.

13 minutes ago, hungvipbcsok said:

So I am having some mods that add weapon to NPC and I build a bash patch for everything in my mod list. Now melee striker start throwing knife and shuriken at me, and archery striker pull out a spear and hand to hand combat with me. I am not sure which cause this problem because this is my first run this version.

Fire up xEdit with all mods loaded. Then check if your Bash Patch is affecting the Devious Strikers. If xEdit shows conflicts, then you know the problem.

On 8/12/2021 at 3:09 PM, Tron91 said:

@CrymH Good to see that you are back. Life's making you busy I guess.

If multiple Strikers try to attack at the same time, the DD engine gets overwhelmed and could cause erroneous results. I eliminated this problem in my mod by making sure that only one instance of the DD equip event occurs at one moment. This is what I did in my DD installation in FO4 as well. The two armor instance for one DD item is the root cause. Try to employ the same philosophy for the DD transfer event and the problem is solved.

Yeah life sometimes does that... but in all honesty i just wanted to play some skyrim myself in between the hundreds of other things i want/have to do. God bless some of these things are slowly but surely coming to an end. I am also happy to see that you haven't abandoned me ;P.

Anyway, about the actual problem: Yes you are totally right, but i was trying to avoid such limitations because it felt unimmersive if for example you and your follower are fighting each a striker but only one gets locked up, not both because of the limitation. In that case i might be pleased with a little compromise, which could look like the following - simple MCM toggle that when switched on, enables a global transfer suspension that disallows any other transfers from happening, while one is currently going (just like you said). 

On the other hand i have the feeling that i should prioritize performance over such little things, so the mod can run smoothly. Only afterwards i should care for these little details, but keep the performance, no matter what.

EDIT: If you are referring to @sirkay's problem, it isn't about the combat, but rather about the strikers getting equipped on spawn. 

On 8/12/2021 at 3:38 PM, Tron91 said:

Fire up xEdit with all mods loaded. Then check if your Bash Patch is affecting the Devious Strikers. If xEdit shows conflicts, then you know the problem.

Thank you for the helping hand, again :D.

Edited by CrymH
On 8/8/2021 at 6:57 PM, sirkay said:

Another thing that i have noticed just now ? is that you talk about a loop while the strikers get equipped. Can you explain this a bit more detail? what exactly is looping? and is the game freezing before the crash?  

First off, thank you @CrymH for this great mod. Devious Strike (DS) has actually became my mainstay mod
for bondage mishaps. I also like that it allows editing outfits/leveled lists in the esp for further
customization.

I'd like to put forward two ideas I had with my experience with the mod.

1. Toggle to disable Worldspace spawns:
    DS works very well in dungeon environments, but can be a bit wonky in the overworld.
    Either spawning strikers when the fight is nearly over, despite observing the camp for some
    time or continue to spawn more strikers while trying to run away to recover or retreat.
    (Later could also be seen as punishment for not finishing fights early? ? )

2. Custom Outfit Slot:
    Adding one or two outfit toggles in the MCM Device selection for custom outfits via
    esp-editing. (Although one can simply replace not wanted outfits ? )

30 minutes ago, AshitakaOkita said:

First off, thank you @CrymH for this great mod. Devious Strike (DS) has actually became my mainstay mod
for bondage mishaps. I also like that it allows editing outfits/leveled lists in the esp for further
customization.

I'd like to put forward two ideas I had with my experience with the mod.

1. Toggle to disable Worldspace spawns:
    DS works very well in dungeon environments, but can be a bit wonky in the overworld.
    Either spawning strikers when the fight is nearly over, despite observing the camp for some
    time or continue to spawn more strikers while trying to run away to recover or retreat.
    (Later could also be seen as punishment for not finishing fights early? ? )

2. Custom Outfit Slot:
    Adding one or two outfit toggles in the MCM Device selection for custom outfits via
    esp-editing. (Although one can simply replace not wanted outfits ? )

Big Thanks for the appreciation!

About your ideas:

1. Good suggestion, this shouldn't be too complicated, i have noted it down and will probably implement it in the next update

2. If i get your idea right, you want to be able to create your own Device outfits for strikers via MCM Device page? If that is correct, then i'm sorry to say that this is rather complicated. One possible way to achieve this easily would be through the mod devious devices equip. This mod does exactly what you described. The only thing i need to do is to link the custom DDE outfits into my mod somehow. Since this method requires a mod dependency, it will be an idea for future updates, unless you can tell me another easy way to achieve your goal.

In general i do like your ideas and i am looking forward to implement them as soon as possible. Thank you for the amazing ideas!

17 minutes ago, CrymH said:

Big Thanks for the appreciation!

About your ideas:

1. Good suggestion, this shouldn't be too complicated, i have noted it down and will probably implement it in the next update

2. If i get your idea right, you want to be able to create your own Device outfits for strikers via MCM Device page? If that is correct, then i'm sorry to say that this is rather complicated. One possible way to achieve this easily would be through the mod devious devices equip. This mod does exactly what you described. The only thing i need to do is to link the custom DDE outfits into my mod somehow. Since this method requires a mod dependency, it will be an idea for future updates, unless you can tell me another easy way to achieve your goal.

In general i do like your ideas and i am looking forward to implement them as soon as possible. Thank you for the amazing ideas!

My second idea was more me rambling about what could be done with the mod as is. I used Xedit to change a outfit from Devious Strike I dind't use to create a custom outfit using that MCM toggle. My suggestion was simply to add such a custom outfit toggle in the MCM (with a preset outfit as placeholder?).

It's a bit redundant, since you have to customize this in CK/Xedit, so one could simply change an outfit one does not want to use.

This looks like an interesting mod, but I wonder if I need to worry about these errors shown in SSEEdit:

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [9F] Devious Strike.esp
[00:00] DeviousStrikeTransferDagger "Devious Dagger" [WEAP:9F02905E]
[00:00]     WEAP \ CRDT - Critical Data \ Effect -> Expected 4 bytes of data, found 0
[00:00] DeviousStrikeTransferBow "Devious Bow" [WEAP:9F0A236F]
[00:00]     WEAP \ CRDT - Critical Data \ Effect -> Expected 4 bytes of data, found 0
[00:00] DeviousStrikeConfigQuest [QUST:9F00592F]
[00:00]     QUST \ VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter \ Scripts \ Script \ Properties \ Property \ Value \ Object Union \ Object v2 \ FormID -> [9F0A33B8] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:00] DeviousStrikeQuest [QUST:9F074FD2]
[00:00]     QUST \ VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter \ Scripts \ Script \ Properties \ Property \ Value \ Object Union \ Object v2 \ FormID -> [9F04C77D] < Error: Could not be resolved >

20 hours ago, AshitakaOkita said:

My second idea was more me rambling about what could be done with the mod as is. I used Xedit to change a outfit from Devious Strike I dind't use to create a custom outfit using that MCM toggle. My suggestion was simply to add such a custom outfit toggle in the MCM (with a preset outfit as placeholder?).

It's a bit redundant, since you have to customize this in CK/Xedit, so one could simply change an outfit one does not want to use.

Now i get it. Yes this would absolutely be possible. Noted ? 

@Arthacs I have checked my own instance of DS via TES5Edit and the result is as follows:

Spoiler

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [07] Devious Strike.esp
[00:00] DeviousStrikeConfigQuest [QUST:0700592F]
[00:00]     QUST \ VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter \ Scripts \ Script \ Properties \ Property \ Value \ Object Union \ Object v2 \ FormID -> [070A33B8] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:00] DeviousStrikeQuest [QUST:07074FD2]
[00:00]     QUST \ VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter \ Scripts \ Script \ Properties \ Property \ Value \ Object Union \ Object v2 \ FormID -> [0704C77D] < Error: Could not be resolved >

About the first two errors:

As you can see, i do not get these errors. I figured you are playing on SE, since you used SSEEdit. This should make the only difference between our installations of DS. Therefore these two errors might be caused by some SE mumbojumbo, sadly this also means i have no idea what causes them. But if the weapons are working ingame as they should be, i think this is no big deal. 

This is the only thing i could find when searching for the error:

https://github.com/TES5Edit/TES5Edit/issues/552

But as i said, i have no idea about this at all. 

About the last two errors: 

There is nothing to worry about, these are just two properties i forgot to remove. The properties are referring to a Form that doesn't exist anymore, that is were the error comes from. Basically it's searching for something that should be there but in reality it doesn't exist. As i don't utilize these properties in any way shape or form, they shouldn't be of any one's concern. I will have them removed in the next update, Thank you for finding this! 

49 minutes ago, CrymH said:

Now i get it. Yes this would absolutely be possible. Noted ? 

Not had a chance to try this out yet, but saw that exchange in passing.  Not sure if it's directly relevant but @Inte 's DDE provides for creation and json storage of DD outfits, and this facility is used in inte's own 'Prison Overhaul Patched' mod, and I think that @Nymra also uses it in the mod 'Naked Defeat'

There might be some room for you to use those for users to set up some sort of 'preferred' Striker outfits etc?

Hope this is useful in some way ....

On 8/17/2021 at 2:06 PM, CrymH said:

@Arthacs I have checked my own instance of DS via TES5Edit and the result is as follows:

Reveal hidden contents

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [07] Devious Strike.esp
[00:00] DeviousStrikeConfigQuest [QUST:0700592F]
[00:00]     QUST \ VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter \ Scripts \ Script \ Properties \ Property \ Value \ Object Union \ Object v2 \ FormID -> [070A33B8] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:00] DeviousStrikeQuest [QUST:07074FD2]
[00:00]     QUST \ VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter \ Scripts \ Script \ Properties \ Property \ Value \ Object Union \ Object v2 \ FormID -> [0704C77D] < Error: Could not be resolved >

About the first two errors:

As you can see, i do not get these errors. I figured you are playing on SE, since you used SSEEdit. This should make the only difference between our installations of DS. Therefore these two errors might be caused by some SE mumbojumbo, sadly this also means i have no idea what causes them. But if the weapons are working ingame as they should be, i think this is no big deal. 

This is the only thing i could find when searching for the error:

https://github.com/TES5Edit/TES5Edit/issues/552

But as i said, i have no idea about this at all. 

About the last two errors: 

There is nothing to worry about, these are just two properties i forgot to remove. The properties are referring to a Form that doesn't exist anymore, that is were the error comes from. Basically it's searching for something that should be there but in reality it doesn't exist. As i don't utilize these properties in any way shape or form, they shouldn't be of any one's concern. I will have them removed in the next update, Thank you for finding this! 

Yea the first two errors I got is probably related to SSE and is not what I was worried about.

-I did meet one of these warriors from your mod and everything seems to work fine.

Thank you for this mod, it gives another layer of interesting mechanics to the game :)

On 8/17/2021 at 2:24 PM, donkeywho said:

Not had a chance to try this out yet, but saw that exchange in passing.  Not sure if it's directly relevant but @Inte 's DDE provides for creation and json storage of DD outfits, and this facility is used in inte's own 'Prison Overhaul Patched' mod, and I think that @Nymra also uses it in the mod 'Naked Defeat'

There might be some room for you to use those for users to set up some sort of 'preferred' Striker outfits etc?

Hope this is useful in some way ....

Thank you for the information, it might be useful depending on how i will integrate the function.

6 hours ago, Arthacs said:

Yea the first two errors I got is probably related to SSE and is not what I was worried about.

-I did meet one of these warriors from your mod and everything seems to work fine.

Thank you for this mod, it gives another layer of interesting mechanics to the game :)

Thanks a lot for finding these errors and good to hear that everything works out just fine!