2 hours ago, Black714 said:

maybe add new ID Actor Base for spawn a new Guard Like "Enforcer" in Sexlab Survival and act like normal guard/City Guard, or added new specific guard randomizer into levelling list. 

Exactly this stuff causes mod incompatibility issues, that is why i have changed the spawn method of my mod from leveled lists to Scripts. But i will consider your idea, eventhough i might have to change it a little.

It might be while before I can test your mod as even though I opted to skip anniversary edition all my old mods were in vortex so I'm essentially installing hundred of mods fresh in MO2. I have also realised that the entire reason I like your mod conceptually presents a problem practically, Devious Devices has quite the infamous and intimidating reputation.

I love the idea of essentially a kinktoy monster and for users of devious devices this presents an interesting way to get a hold of those devices. Like how in Fallout 4 players actively search out legendary enemies in case there's a good drop. Devious devices is however a very intimidating prerequisite. 

That said the Devious line of mods is well loved and I will probably try devices once my game is stable and with the mods I want it to have.

For what it's worth I think that a Devious enforcer might make an interesting enemy variant for your mod later. Perhaps you could tie it into a quest line so at first it's just a few random spawns but as the quest progresses Devious Strikers start moving through towns looking for the player or others in the prey faction to attack. A monster that the guards and townsfolk don't attack but does attack you would be an interesting threat.

That however is an idea to save away and consider working into any long time plans without a wider story it would just be rather odd to have a guard who isn't a guard plant a device on you.

1 minute ago, Farsh-nuke said:

It might be while before I can test your mod as even though I opted to skip anniversary edition all my old mods were in vortex so I'm essentially installing hundred of mods fresh in MO2. I have also realised that the entire reason I like your mod conceptually presents a problem practically, Devious Devices has quite the infamous and intimidating reputation.

I love the idea of essentially a kinktoy monster and for users of devious devices this presents an interesting way to get a hold of those devices. Like how in Fallout 4 players actively search out legendary enemies in case there's a good drop. Devious devices is however a very intimidating prerequisite. 

That said the Devious line of mods is well loved and I will probably try devices once my game is stable and with the mods I want it to have.

For what it's worth I think that a Devious enforcer might make an interesting enemy variant for your mod later. Perhaps you could tie it into a quest line so at first it's just a few random spawns but as the quest progresses Devious Strikers start moving through towns looking for the player or others in the prey faction to attack. A monster that the guards and townsfolk don't attack but does attack you would be an interesting threat.

That however is an idea to save away and consider working into any long time plans without a wider story it would just be rather odd to have a guard who isn't a guard plant a device on you.

As for the Remote vibration scene? How about Devious device land mines? You could generate them on first loading the game then have them triggered to become active only when the player gets certain quests.

Like there's got to be a quest tied to the first dragon being killed so latch onto that and have say the first Vibration scene land mine trigger (it doesn't have to be literally a land mine. Just an enemy that is spawned invisible and then seeks out the player upon detection of the quest trigger) Would that be less intensive?

10 hours ago, Farsh-nuke said:

Interesting idea, it reminds me of a striker head hunter of sorts that hunts you down no matter where you are or what you do or who you are. And with that my suggestion document has exceeded 11 pages. You guys are frighteningly creative. Thanks for the suggestion, always appreciated

10 hours ago, Farsh-nuke said:

As for the Remote vibration scene? How about Devious device land mines? You could generate them on first loading the game then have them triggered to become active only when the player gets certain quests.

Like there's got to be a quest tied to the first dragon being killed so latch onto that and have say the first Vibration scene land mine trigger (it doesn't have to be literally a land mine. Just an enemy that is spawned invisible and then seeks out the player upon detection of the quest trigger) Would that be less intensive?

I need some more information here: are the quest pre-select or randomly chosen (this makes a huge difference)? and what reason would there be to seemingly trigger vibration scense on random occasion, eventhough DD has that already covered?

Different Idea/approach:

It might be possible to put that invisible actor in the already existing spawn system, though this would have nothing to do with quests whatsoever. I could make it so 2 enemies spawn on one actor with a in mcm chosen chance. One of which is a striker and the other is this invis land mine thing. When you get too close to the striker the scene triggers and renders you defensless, giving the striker full advantage over your miserable situation. 

2 hours ago, CrymH said:

I need some more information here: are the quest pre-select or randomly chosen (this makes a huge difference)? and what reason would there be to seemingly trigger vibration scense on random occasion, eventhough DD has that already covered?

Different Idea/approach:

It might be possible to put that invisible actor in the already existing spawn system, though this would have nothing to do with quests whatsoever. I could make it so 2 enemies spawn on one actor with a in mcm chosen chance. One of which is a striker and the other is this invis land mine thing. When you get too close to the striker the scene triggers and renders you defensless, giving the striker full advantage over your miserable situation. 

Sorry I was tired and wired from installing mods when I made my comment. Your idea is good. It would be a nice way to make fights more difficult. My idea was more that with certain quests you can be certain of where a player can be and you can use the quest triggers as a sort of delayed timer. I didn't properly explain myself.

You can absolutely keep the 'landmines' invisible when they attack or you can then use the detection of the quest trigger to make them move from being invisible and inactive to suddenly visible and attacking the player. Since these would be mobs spawned at the beginning they could force greet the player to deliver bits of lore. Like how in new vegas as soon as you pick up the platinum chip the NCR and the legion rush up to you and say "Hey, you're interesting now, come say hello."

You could have a special tough Devious Striker Enemy as the mine so that it's like a sleeper agent that goes "You are dragonborn we at the [your lore here] cannot allow this" it triggers the vibration scene and then attacks.

I mean these are basically monstrous foes using kinkgear as weapons I think it makes sense that they would react to the presence of the dragonborn and their growing power then try to intimidate/kill them with said kinkpowers.

As for having 11 pages of notes. I have two scifi series, a fantasy series, a fanfic series and a kink novella that are all in various stages of progress. And I don't even have to worry about the limits of a game engine holding me back from achieving my vision lol

41 minutes ago, Farsh-nuke said:

Sorry I was tired and wired from installing mods when I made my comment. Your idea is good. It would be a nice way to make fights more difficult. My idea was more that with certain quests you can be certain of where a player can be and you can use the quest triggers as a sort of delayed timer. I didn't properly explain myself.

You can absolutely keep the 'landmines' invisible when they attack or you can then use the detection of the quest trigger to make them move from being invisible and inactive to suddenly visible and attacking the player. Since these would be mobs spawned at the beginning they could force greet the player to deliver bits of lore. Like how in new vegas as soon as you pick up the platinum chip the NCR and the legion rush up to you and say "Hey, you're interesting now, come say hello."

You could have a special tough Devious Striker Enemy as the mine so that it's like a sleeper agent that goes "You are dragonborn we at the [your lore here] cannot allow this" it triggers the vibration scene and then attacks.

I mean these are basically monstrous foes using kinkgear as weapons I think it makes sense that they would react to the presence of the dragonborn and their growing power then try to intimidate/kill them with said kinkpowers.

As for having 11 pages of notes. I have two scifi series, a fantasy series, a fanfic series and a kink novella that are all in various stages of progress. And I don't even have to worry about the limits of a game engine holding me back from achieving my vision lol

Now i see where you are going with that idea, not bad... noted down. 

Yeah lucky you, game engines can be pretty restricting at times, espacially old ones like Skyrims'.

OPINION POLL:

I was wondering if, after the recent update, the strikers difficulty is about right OR if they could be a littel stronger. I already have some ideas up my sleeve, but before implementing them i was wondering if they need some balancing first. Some stuff could also be handled through mcm options. 

Just quickly reply to this message wether Strikers could be a little harder. 

Additional:

What do you think about blocking with a shield prevents the transfer magic effect? similar to a ward spell which is capable of blocking the devious spell from strikers

Edited by CrymH
39 minutes ago, notwavman said:

So far one or two are easy to fend off, but three or more usually mean PC being all bound up. Feels like the right balance!

Shield and protective shield spell should greatly increase chances of deflecting transfer spell, but not at 100% (set it through MCM?).

Thanks for the response! The additional idea is not set in stone, because i dont know if i can implement it yet. But i like the idea of having a chance for a successful block. 

Also: How are you playing? ranged, meele or mage? i think this makes a huge difference.

Edited by CrymH
2 hours ago, CrymH said:

OPINION POLL:

I was wondering if, after the recent update, the strikers difficulty is about right OR if they could be a littel stronger. I already have some ideas up my sleeve, but before implementing them i was wondering if they need some balancing first. Some stuff could also be handled through mcm options. 

Additional:

What do you think about blocking with a shield prevents the transfer magic effect? similar to a ward spell which is capable of blocking the devious spell from strikers

Giving people options makes for good mods; if giving players the option of tweaking the difficulty is an option then that's definitely something to consider. With the current structure it is not too difficult at least for me to increase/decrease the spawn rate and/or modify the transfer all/punishment settings to achieve what feels like a good balance for the type of game I want to play.

Have you considered tweaking the number of 'types' of enemies that spawn strikers? When I play it's almost only bandits and forsworn that spawn. Vampires, assassins, orcs, Vigilants of Stendarr, (animals? ...but that might be quite complicated to achieve..) ..?

2 hours ago, BYJE137 said:

Giving people options makes for good mods; if giving players the option of tweaking the difficulty is an option then that's definitely something to consider. With the current structure it is not too difficult at least for me to increase/decrease the spawn rate and/or modify the transfer all/punishment settings to achieve what feels like a good balance for the type of game I want to play.

Good to hear that we share the same opinion on this matter. No worries i will keep up the option variety.

2 hours ago, BYJE137 said:

Have you considered tweaking the number of 'types' of enemies that spawn strikers? When I play it's almost only bandits and forsworn that spawn. Vampires, assassins, orcs, Vigilants of Stendarr, (animals? ...but that might be quite complicated to achieve..) ..?

To be honest, having more factions that can spawn strikers is not complicated at all. 

5 hours ago, CrymH said:

OPINION POLL:

Additional:

Difficulty options are always good but I can't really comment since I haven't played with the current difficulty.

1 hour ago, CrymH said:

To be honest, having more factions that can spawn strikers is not complicated at all. 

Right now everything like bandit, forsworn or necromancer all turn into DS, I feel it a bit unimmersive. Also I saw someone give opinions about scale the difficulty by giving new DS type for each corresponding level like DS champion, DS knight, etc. 

So how about giving each faction a unique type of DS spawn. Like DS necromancer, DS rogue, DS biarheart,...

26 minutes ago, hungvipbcsok said:

Right now everything like bandit, forsworn or necromancer all turn into DS, I feel it a bit unimmersive. Also I saw someone give opinions about scale the difficulty by giving new DS type for each corresponding level like DS champion, DS knight, etc. 

So how about giving each faction a unique type of DS spawn. Like DS necromancer, DS rogue, DS biarheart,...

So you mean that the strikers have different names? or do you mean that each of them has some kind of speciality?

Giving them some unique skills is the best I think. Making some kind of elite DS base on the type of mob it spawned on. Like a bandit turn into DS melee, DS archer, or DS rogue that has invisible skills and detect player instantly, or teleport behind player. A necromancer will turn in to DS mage or DS summoner that summon DS minions, or a DS shaman that channeling a ritual to transfer all DD items if you can't stop it in 10s. You can also making some kind of DS has quest items that trigger some quest you created (maybe the multiple layer DD ideas?) or from others mod like DCL, SLUTS,.. 

1 hour ago, hungvipbcsok said:

Giving them some unique skills is the best I think. Making some kind of elite DS base on the type of mob it spawned on. Like a bandit turn into DS melee, DS archer, or DS rogue that has invisible skills and detect player instantly, or teleport behind player. A necromancer will turn in to DS mage or DS summoner that summon DS minions, or a DS shaman that channeling a ritual to transfer all DD items if you can't stop it in 10s. You can also making some kind of DS has quest items that trigger some quest you created (maybe the multiple layer DD ideas?) or from others mod like DCL, SLUTS,.. 

Very interesting ideas, but some of em might be hard to implement. Also most likely, it wont come all in one update, espacially the suggestions based on other mods.

15 hours ago, CrymH said:

Thanks for the response! The additional idea is not set in stone, because i dont know if i can implement it yet. But i like the idea of having a chance for a successful block. 

Also: How are you playing? ranged, meele or mage? i think this makes a huge difference.

It does indeed. For example, playing stealth ranged is OP as hell, allows to kill strikers without any retaliation in most cases. My description applies to melee, happens mostly when clearing dungeons with enforced CQB, with no option to stealth range.

2 hours ago, notwavman said:

It does indeed. For example, playing stealth ranged is OP as hell, allows to kill strikers without any retaliation in most cases. My description applies to melee, happens mostly when clearing dungeons with enforced CQB, with no option to stealth range.

Yeah i was already calculating with a counter to stealth archers, might be difficult though. Nice that everything seems balanced for melee players. 

Two last questions: what difficulty are you playing on? And do you have any other combat mods?

18 hours ago, CrymH said:

Yeah i was already calculating with a counter to stealth archers, might be difficult though. Nice that everything seems balanced for melee players. 

Two last questions: what difficulty are you playing on? And do you have any other combat mods?

Normal difficulty, no combat mods.

3 minutes ago, AkiKay said:

I'm enjoying the mod so far, but I've run into a pretty annoying issue. Killing the Strikers on Special Edition will crash my game most of the time. Any idea how to fix this ?

Well the mod is not sopposed to crash, so you could send me your log, maybe i can detect some issues in there (not very likely). Or you could give me more information like: have you cleaned your save; do you have any mods that could potentially interfere with devious strike (combat/Enemy/loot mods); have you tested the mod on a new save; etc. (modlist also always helps)

14 minutes ago, CrymH said:

Well the mod is not sopposed to crash, so you could send me your log, maybe i can detect some issues in there (not very likely). Or you could give me more information like: have you cleaned your save; do you have any mods that could potentially interfere with devious strike (combat/Enemy/loot mods); have you tested the mod on a new save; etc. (modlist also always helps)

Well I'm using NetScriptFramework and it actually doesn't print a crash log with these crashes.  My save is brand new and I don't think I have anything that could interfere.

Here is my load order:

Spoiler

*Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
*Lanterns Of Skyrim II.esm
*Heels Sound.esm
*FISS.esp
*Expressive Facegen Morphs.esl
*Campfire.esm
*RaceCompatibility.esm
*SexLab.esm
*SexLabAroused.esm
*CreatureFramework.esm