On 6/30/2021 at 12:47 PM, CrymH said:

It doesnt matter whether they spawn in bandit or forsworn camps as they are the same strikers. 

After installing OBIS myself to see if i could repeat the bug, everything worked just fine. I got attack like i should have, right next to an OBIS Bandit:

Reveal hidden contents

20210630124221_1.jpg.7fbb568a198bbae56314783e2bf2f7b9.jpg

This means that OBIS is most likely not the cause of your issue.

Have you played on the older versions of devious strike and did the bug occur after installing the newest version?

Can you send me your full modlist?

noo. .first time installing devious strike, sorry for not answering i dont login that much on this site.

modlist? can i copy paste it somehow cuz i have over 200+ 

5 minutes ago, hurensohn1998 said:

noo. .first time installing devious strike, sorry for not answering i dont login that much on this site.

modlist? can i copy paste it somehow cuz i have over 200+ 

found how to copy it. I use the Community made nexus mod manager, because i want to keep it oldschool, but i also use loot for loadorder so stuff dont break on me, please dont judge me cuz im not that experienced on modding (when you see stuff that doesnt make sense) everything works except the strikers which dont attack me.

ModList_2021-07-07T09-14-30.txt

@CrymH If you want, you can modify the scripts from my mod. The spawning mechanic is already there, along with control options for number of spawns and spawn chance per bandit. It encompasses 5 factions, Bandit, Forsworn, Warlock, Necromancer and SilverHand already. Add the other factions as needed. Make a makeshift mod as of now, replace the Bound Mages with Strikers.

Seems can be done easily for testing. Well, to think of it, I might cook up something later today lol

4 hours ago, hurensohn1998 said:

found how to copy it. I use the Community made nexus mod manager, because i want to keep it oldschool, but i also use loot for loadorder so stuff dont break on me, please dont judge me cuz im not that experienced on modding (when you see stuff that doesnt make sense) everything works except the strikers which dont attack me.

ModList_2021-07-07T09-14-30.txt 22.84 kB · 1 download

Thanks for the list i will take a look at it and respond to you when i found something, dont expect it to be in a couple of minutes though 

4 hours ago, Tron91 said:

@CrymH If you want, you can modify the scripts from my mod. The spawning mechanic is already there, along with control options for number of spawns and spawn chance per bandit. It encompasses 5 factions, Bandit, Forsworn, Warlock, Necromancer and SilverHand already. Add the other factions as needed. Make a makeshift mod as of now, replace the Bound Mages with Strikers.

Seems can be done easily for testing. Well, to think of it, I might cook up something later today lol

Thanks for your generous offer, i will take a look at your script and orient mine alongside yours. I wont make a new mod for testing i will just create a new script and use all my existing stuff, which makes things easier i guess. And ofcourse you will get a huge note of thanks on the main modpage.

3 hours ago, Tron91 said:

Forgot about the MCM woes

What MCM woes? havent you still overcome your fears? Watch this playlist, it gives you almost all information you need: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWcvv-De7Ms&list=PLiPgFWIHsr8U4dfNmVYqzbxvuU2QM92v2

It helped me to get the basics done and from there it is just gathering experience over time to get good at it.

Edited by CrymH

Kind of an odd find, but when I was doing the last phase of the Deathbrand quest, I noticed that the spectral pirates, the generic bandit ones, were changed into strikers, in the idea that they had the weapons, but not the devious devices or the name, and would disappear upon damaging the player, thus making the quest impossible to complete unless you reload your save and can manage to clear them out before they can damage you, which is not impossible by any means, but it can lead to a difficult time and you don't even get tied up for it.

TLDR, ghost bandits from the final phase of Deathbrand quest get turned into strikers without DD or the name, and disappear upon damaging the player, rendering the quest impossible to complete without a save reload.

7 hours ago, nenwar said:

Kind of an odd find, but when I was doing the last phase of the Deathbrand quest, I noticed that the spectral pirates, the generic bandit ones, were changed into strikers, in the idea that they had the weapons, but not the devious devices or the name, and would disappear upon damaging the player, thus making the quest impossible to complete unless you reload your save and can manage to clear them out before they can damage you, which is not impossible by any means, but it can lead to a difficult time and you don't even get tied up for it.

TLDR, ghost bandits from the final phase of Deathbrand quest get turned into strikers without DD or the name, and disappear upon damaging the player, rendering the quest impossible to complete without a save reload.

The author is working on a different approach for the mod so that this problem is solved. Hang on tight, the results will be sweet.

8 hours ago, nenwar said:

1 hour ago, Tron91 said:

The author is working on a different approach for the mod so that this problem is solved. Hang on tight, the results will be sweet.

@Tron91 is right and i hope it will be sweet, i am almost there and looks promising so far, but i think it is early for actual hype, so hold your horses.

@nenwarit is just like @Tron91 already said, still thanks for the report, i appreciate it.

BIG HUGE F*CKIN NEWS:

The new spawn method is working absolutely fine, i just need to make some quality of live improvements and make other small changes. This means It wont be long from now for the new update to drop ?

@Tron91 Thanks again that you allowed me to use your script. I found some stuff to make it a lot smaller and as i said, i changed it a little bit so that it fits my other stuff better. I hope you are fine with these changes, some of them could even benefit your mod for a new ver.0.3 of DCS. 

As example, I got rid of some unnecessary lines of code:

Spoiler

Your version:

If akActor
	Notify("Analyzing " + akActor.GetLeveledActorBase().GetName())
	If(!akActor.IsDead() && !akActor.IsDisabled())
		If(akActor.IsInFaction(FactionBandit) || akActor.IsInFaction(FactionForsworn) || akActor.IsInFaction(FactionWarlock) || akActor.IsInFaction(FactionNecromancer) || akActor.IsInFaction(FactionSilverHand) && !akActor.IsInFaction(FactionBoundMage))
			Enemies[counter] = akActor
			counter += 1
			index += 1
		Else
			index += 1
		EndIf
	Else
		index += 1
	EndIf
Else
	index += 1
EndIf

My version:

If akActor
	dslibs.log("Analyzing: " + akActor.GetLeveledActorBase().GetName())
	If(!akActor.IsDead() && !akActor.IsDisabled())
		If !akActor.IsInFaction(FactStriker) && IsInViableFaction(akActor)
			Enemies[counter] = akActor
			counter += 1
		EndIf
	EndIf
EndIf
index += 1

The changes i made:

• reduced all the 'index+=1' to just one instance and it still works
  • put all the factions from the If statement in a separate function to make things smaller 

1 hour ago, AverageSkyrimEnjoyer said:

so, any idea what the problem could be? 

The only reasons for Strikers to not attack you, as far as my skyrim knowledge geos are as follows:

• Factions that set the player friendly towards strikers or a faction that involves strikers e.g. bandit/forsworn. this could be caused by a some mods but they mostly stay away from this since it starts problems easily. Just like yours
  • Direct Relationships between actors, i think marriage works with that. 
  • Aggression of NPCs, strikers could have been set to friendly by a mod of yours. You can check this if you spawn a striker in a city and look out whether they go on a rampage.
  • An 'AI Package' that changes the behaviour of NPCs. This is rather unlikely as my mod only utilizes the DefaultMasterPackage which should not causes any issues unless it is edited or change by another mod.
  • Any kind of Calm Spell, they dont need to have visuals, often used by defeat like mods
  • Scripts that change any of the above and is targeted against strikers or bandits which were selected as strikers 
  • Quest that makes you friendly towards certain enemies, mostly works through factions though. (Like the forsworn one that happens in markarth)
  • Probably some other stuff i forgot

As you can see there is quite a lot that could cause your issue, some more likely than others. After checking your modlist i found some mods that could be the culprit:

Sadly i havent had much time to check what each mod does excactly, so you could help me out and test if one of them is possibly not compatible of devious strike. In addition to that i only know about have of them, which makes it even more time consuming.

BUT THERE IS OTHER STUFF YOU COULD TRY FIRST (maybe i have said this already, sry if so)

• Make a reinstall of Devious Strike with a clean save, if not done already 
  • wait about 3 days until i drop the new update, it could fix the problem 
  • take a look at your skyrim folder and search for a 'SkyProc Patchers' folder if you have one. Could be that you forgot to use the patchers.

I hope this helps. As for now, i am mainly focusing on the new update, because it changes quite a lot of the fundamentals of my mod. And this could potentially fix issues, just like the one you have currently. 

1 hour ago, CrymH said:

The only reasons for Strikers to not attack you, as far as my skyrim knowledge geos are as follows:

• Factions that set the player friendly towards strikers or a faction that involves strikers e.g. bandit/forsworn. this could be caused by a some mods but they mostly stay away from this since it starts problems easily. Just like yours
  • Direct Relationships between actors, i think marriage works with that. 
  • Aggression of NPCs, strikers could have been set to friendly by a mod of yours. You can check this if you spawn a striker in a city and look out whether they go on a rampage.
  • An 'AI Package' that changes the behaviour of NPCs. This is rather unlikely as my mod only utilizes the DefaultMasterPackage which should not causes any issues unless it is edited or change by another mod.
  • Any kind of Calm Spell, they dont need to have visuals, often used by defeat like mods
  • Scripts that change any of the above and is targeted against strikers or bandits which were selected as strikers 
  • Quest that makes you friendly towards certain enemies, mostly works through factions though. (Like the forsworn one that happens in markarth)
  • Probably some other stuff i forgot

As you can see there is quite a lot that could cause your issue, some more likely than others. After checking your modlist i found some mods that could be the culprit:

Sadly i havent had much time to check what each mod does excactly, so you could help me out and test if one of them is possibly not compatible of devious strike. In addition to that i only know about have of them, which makes it even more time consuming.

BUT THERE IS OTHER STUFF YOU COULD TRY FIRST (maybe i have said this already, sry if so)

• Make a reinstall of Devious Strike with a clean save, if not done already 
  • wait about 3 days until i drop the new update, it could fix the problem 
  • take a look at your skyrim folder and search for a 'SkyProc Patchers' folder if you have one. Could be that you forgot to use the patchers.

I hope this helps. As for now, i am mainly focusing on the new update, because it changes quite a lot of the fundamentals of my mod. And this could potentially fix issues, just like the one you have currently. 

I have OSA - because its required for Osex, which is a sex mod, not sure what it does to do have with the strikers aggressiveness tho.

AI overhaul - is just for NPC like so cities feel more "lively" even says in description that doesnt change anything with combat.

Naked defeat - ONLY could fuck the mod when the people would atleast attack me, naked defeat is just an ending thing like instead of dying i go in a "downed" state.

Succubus heart - is about fucking enemies and getting stronger from it, with its own leveling system, SHOULDNT fuck with aggressiveness.

Troubles OF Heroine - is a quest mod, with alot of different NPCs.

Prison Overhaul - is just about Prison stuff, because the vanilla prison is to boring for me.

Only "AI package" i think is the one which changes creatures AI, i dont think your strikers are counted as Animals but yeah.. xd

Obis - works for you so i dont know what could be wrong in my end tbh.

I could try the stuff. Thanks for helping alot!

4 hours ago, AverageSkyrimEnjoyer said:

I have OSA

It has some relation ship stuff included, or that is what i think it does

AI overhaul

This either changes existing AI packages or adds new ones. changing packages might cause issues

Naked defeat

This calms enemies in someway and has potential to break stuff

Succubus heart

Has a feature that allows you to make enemies to thralls or something like that, which sounds like it could be problematic but not that serious, it should be under the 'MAYBE' category 

Troubles OF Heroine

I dont know much about it that is why its suspicious, but same as before

Prison Overhaul

I put this mod on the list because i also dont know much about how it works and what exactly it changes/does/utilize, but same as before

Only "AI package" i think is the one which changes creatures AI, i dont think your strikers are counted as Animals but yeah.. xd

An AI package is not only for creatures, it tells exactly what a NPC has to do under certain conditions, and if any of your mods change the way an AI package works, which my mod happens to use, it could potentially break the striker AI. 

The good thing is that i only use the one package i mentioned above, and it is very unlikely that another mod changes it. 

Obis

It worked with my setup because i use a modding profile with almost no mods installed. i always do use this profile when i work on my own mod to avoid conflicts and that stuff is a bit faster, etc. This means that in my configuration, there are no actual conflicts between mods, but with your modlist OBIS might still cause problems because of patches for OBIS that are needed in conjunction with other mods. My suspicion is really low on OBIS though. 

Generally the mods you had installed before Devious Strike do not intentionally take away striker aggression. Your problem is either caused by a corrupted save from previous versions of Devious strike, which again is caused by unclean updates to newer versions. Or it is caused by unintentional bugs between mods, which can only be filtered by certain suspicions, which i mentioned above. 

Let me know when you tried something and it didnt or did work.

11 hours ago, hungvipbcsok said:

You are fast and furious. When you said you redone the spawning method and should people expected to wait a little longer, I think about half a month atleast. 

Nothing is as strong as Family. And all of you on this site are my secret family so i could not live with you suffering. 

And ofcourse dont forget that @Tron91 allowed me use their script 

Edited by CrymH
23 hours ago, CrymH said:

Or it is caused by unintentional bugs between mods

i think thats the one, cuz i never used devious strike before. 

First time download. Of course in a already started game. But didnt have any previous devious strike versions, only have this current one.

23 hours ago, CrymH said:

Has a feature that allows you to make enemies to thralls or something like that, which sounds like it could be problematic but not that serious, it should be under the 'MAYBE' category 

lol cool didnt even know that, need to check that out! thanks!

47 minutes ago, AverageSkyrimEnjoyer said:

lol cool didnt even know that, need to check that out! thanks!

Have you tried to just start a new game real quick and test if the bug is still there? sorry if i have asked this already, i lost track on some stuff 

10 minutes ago, CrymH said:

Have you tried to just start a new game real quick and test if the bug is still there? sorry if i have asked this already, i lost track on some stuff 

Could try that yeah, never came to mind tbh. let me check.

43 minutes ago, CrymH said:

weird, now they attack me but when they start combat they just dissappear lol.

Just now, AverageSkyrimEnjoyer said:

weird, now they attack me but when they start combat they just dissappear lol.

and they also have brown faces

and are naked, which wasnt the point on my other save, do i need to build with bodyslide again if its a new save?