2 hours ago, Kimy said:

Haha, I made a weapon in DCL that also equipped devices on anyone it hit, but this is taking it to a new level! :D

Ā 

Good job! Always nice to see new DD mods appearing!

Ā 

Well, we actually talked about the weapon on here for short, it was about a suggestion from @Baltasarr80Ā who had differentĀ ideas for settings/use casesĀ forĀ the Dollmaker. I am also thinking about a DCL integration for people who have both mods installed. But let's see where this is going, as i am still trying toĀ avoidĀ integrations/dependencies/etc for the beta state.Ā 

But i am really flattered that my mod has already reached you. It's catching up faster than i ever could have imagined. I am also glad to hear that you like the mod and wanted to thank you for the amazing framework you have been working on for this long ass time, without which my mod could never even exist, thanks!

@CrymHĀ So about the problem earlier I talk about that my PC DS using others weapon but not their devious weapon. It look like that some NPC still have their weapon after transform into DS. I found no conflict in my mod list with DS and I disable the bash patch to check if it is level list items problem but it appear to me not. So my assumption is script lag and therefor I think a temporary solution is increasing the value of Devious weapon as NPC will equip the most valuable weapon in their pocket. However they may still switching weapon range/melee.Ā 

Edited by hungvipbcsok
1 hour ago, hungvipbcsok said:

@CrymHĀ So about the problem earlier I talk about that my PC DS using others weapon but not their devious weapon. It look like that some NPC still have their weapon after transform into DS. I found no conflict in my mod list with DS and I disable the bash patch to check if it is level list items problem but it appear to me not. So my assumption is script lag and therefor I think a temporary solution is increasing the value of Devious weapon as NPC will equip the most valuable weapon in their pocket. However they may still switching weapon range/melee.Ā 

Got to know that npcs will always equip the most valuable weapon they have, i didn't knew this...Ā 
Thanks for your good find!Ā 

10 minutes ago, CrymH said:

Got to know that npcs will always equip the most valuable weapon they have, i didn't knew this...Ā 
Thanks for your good find!Ā 

Ā 

From what I learned by fiddling with followers of different class.

Ā 

One Handed warriors prefers daggers more than swords. Maybe because of the weapon weight.

A mage will try to equip spells or staffs

A Two handed warrior will prefer to equip a two-handed weapon even if you provide with a very nice one-handed weapon

An assassin will equip bows if in range, use dual-daggers rather than swords in close combat if relevant perks present.

20 hours ago, Tron91 said:

Ā 

From what I learned by fiddling with followers of different class.

Ā 

One Handed warriors prefers daggers more than swords. Maybe because of the weapon weight.

A mage will try to equip spells or staffs

A Two handed warrior will prefer to equip a two-handed weapon even if you provide with a very nice one-handed weapon

An assassin will equip bows if in range, use dual-daggers rather than swords in close combat if relevant perks present.

Ā 

Also good to know, thanks a bunch.Ā 

But based of my own experience, i noticed that even mages use daggers at close range, given they have one.

I think the script for class detection and inventory transfer needs a little rewrite for the next update...

2 hours ago, BreadDain said:

Strikers have some issues with facegen (dark face) and applied effects, this one pubic hair glows while in any other circumstances it doesn't. Face discolaration can be worked around with https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/42441 Pubes come from this mod:

Ā  Hide contents

enb2021_8_24_18_34_58.png.2b701acc786b35133b1c32c35f6928d8.png

Ā 

Ā 

That glow is one Bug of the NIOVERRIDE Mod that is needed to apply the hair color on the pubic. Sadly the NIOverride hasn't been updated for a long time and my tricks to solve the issue are not enough.Ā 

The issue only happens when the game is loaded and change location usually solve it.

Hi @CrymH,

Some peaple told me that your mod is not compatible with mine so i have taken look at the issue. In the end it was caused by my mod and was quite game breaking bug so its cool that your mod help me realize it.

But while i was trying to figure out what was causing the issue i have also read some of your mods script and found some issue.

There are quite a few places where you writte while loop like this

Example from the script DeviousStrikeLibs in function TransferSingleDevice

int nItem = Provider.GetNumItems()
While (nItem>=0) && !HasTransferred
    If IsViableDevice(Provider, nItem)
    	;not important so I didn't copy it
    endif
    nItem-=1
EndWhile

Problem with this is that this loop will always run atleast once, even if player doesn't have any items (because there is <= instead of <) and also because the nItem-=1 is after the iteration, it will also try to acces nItem element which doesn't exist (because array in papyrus are C like so last element is nItem - 1)

I didn't look more in to the code so idk if it may cause some issues. I tried your mod and nothing strange was happening but you never know. It also splits unnecessary errors in papyrus log every time this (or any other) loop is used.

Correctly you could writte the while loop like this

int nItem = Provider.GetNumItems()
While nItem && !HasTransferred
    nItem-=1
    If IsViableDevice(Provider, nItem)
	;not important so I didn't copy it
    endif
EndWhile

nItem get auto casted to bool, and will be true for as long as its not 0. nItem-=1 will be on the start of iteration so first accesed element is always nItem - 1. Once the nItem is 0 the last iteration is proccesed and loop then ends.

Ā 

Ā 

On 8/12/2021 at 12:51 AM, CrymH said:

I cant be sure from that screenshot, but are you perhaps playing a male character? If so, then check the settings for a target gender option and see if it is set to male. Else, can you send me your log file? check the main mod page for instructions if you dont know how.

sorry for the late answer, i fixed it myself, had some troubles with devious devices :D

Ā 

On 8/25/2021 at 9:54 PM, BreadDain said:

After certain time of gameplay strikers stop respawning entirely. Both enemy double and replacer. Seems like scanner stops working.

Ā 

So after the posts from above you have following problems that could be solved:

- Face discoloration

- Strikers not spawning anymore after some timeĀ 

For the second one i need more information. Something like: have you made a clean install of the newest version? can you send me your load order? do you have any mods that manipulate enemies or spawns in some way? And every other information that comes to your mind would be helpful

20 minutes ago, CrymH said:

For the second one i need more information. Something like: have you made a clean install of the newest version? can you send me your load order? do you have any mods that manipulate enemies or spawns in some way? And every other information that comes to your mind would be helpful

I am currently under process of rebuilding my client entirely, will run more tests with your mod on new save and gather necessary information. My thoughts that it could be caused by Better NPC Support for DD (items flicker on strikers for some reason?) or previous versions of Unforgiving Devices as it is stated by Ihatemykite above and on their modpage.

4 minutes ago, BreadDain said:

I am currently under process of rebuilding my client entirely, will run more tests with your mod on new save and gather necessary information. My thoughts that it could be caused by Better NPC Support for DD (items flicker on strikers for some reason?) or previous versions of Unforgiving Devices as it is stated by Ihatemykite above and on their modpage.

Ok, it would be nice if you could give me feedback once you rebuild and tested everything. good luck for your missionĀ 

On 8/27/2021 at 4:10 PM, ihatemykite said:

Some peaple told me that your mod is not compatible with mine so i have taken look at the issue. In the end it was caused by my mod and was quite game breaking bug so its cool that your mod help me realize it.

You'r welcome ;)

Ā 

On 8/27/2021 at 4:10 PM, ihatemykite said:

nItem get auto casted to bool, and will be true for as long as its not 0. nItem-=1 will be on the start of iteration so first accesed element is always nItem - 1. Once the nItem is 0 the last iteration is proccesed and loop then ends.

Sooo i wrote the code the way it is,Ā because i am stupid. I thought when you use actor.GetNumItems() and the actor has 10 items in their inventory, the first one will be number 0 and the last one number 9. With my code it takes Nitem 9 and checks it for IsViableDevice and afterwards it checks 8, then 7, etc. Once it has checked Nitem 1 it will subtract one more time so the Nitem is at 0, obviously.Ā That is when the >= comparasion plays its role, if it would be > then Nitem 0 will never be checked for IsViableDevice as the comparsaion 0>0 would be false.Ā 

Ā 

But as it turns out.... you are right and my method had a stupid logical mistake that literally can be found all around my script.Ā 

Huge Thanks for finding this! it might solve a lot of potential bugs!

On 8/28/2021 at 6:28 PM, CrymH said:

All good, i am just glad to hear that stuff works now, enjoy!

i do have some new problems tho:
-Sometimes, the strikers just equip one thing with their first attack, and then just everything with the final move, but inbetween nothing (i have seen that wayy mor often on archers then on melees)
-Sometime Archers don't quit seem to have the striker weapon, they don't equip their stuff on me and if i kill them they just drop normal stuff

On 8/29/2021 at 2:07 PM, ssonly said:

I am 45 level and all striker are killable with one strike. Can them be more tough ?

Ā 

On 8/29/2021 at 5:04 PM, hungvipbcsok said:

The problem is Striker wear DD items, which mean they have no armor. Maybe @CrymH you could add a slider for HP multiple?

Ā 

Well i can try to increase the level scaling of strikers so they are always above the player level. Or i could give them a permanent alteration spell that increases their armor stats without them having to wear any. I will think of somethingĀ 

23 hours ago, RedDotGecko said:

i do have some new problems tho:
-Sometimes, the strikers just equip one thing with their first attack, and then just everything with the final move, but inbetween nothing (i have seen that wayy mor often on archers then on melees)
-Sometime Archers don't quit seem to have the striker weapon, they don't equip their stuff on me and if i kill them they just drop normal stuff

Ā 

If i got your problem correct then what you mean is that the first hit works as it should, the next couple do nothing and once a transferall condition is met, it works again.Ā 

If the archers dont have their striker weapon, do they a random bow or no weapon at all? What do you mean by normal stuff, can you give more insight?Ā 

18 hours ago, CrymH said:

Ā 

If i got your problem correct then what you mean is that the first hit works as it should, the next couple do nothing and once a transferall condition is met, it works again.Ā 

If the archers dont have their striker weapon, do they a random bow or no weapon at all? What do you mean by normal stuff, can you give more insight?Ā 

I'm having a similar issue, though I thought this only happened because I use mods that equip bandits with items from other mods through levelled lists so I didn't bother reporting it, thinking it was a minor incompatibility that only affected me. Devious Strikers (Melee and Archer) sometimes equip regular weapons like two-handed swords or unenchanted bows. In my case specifically those weapons are either enchanted with mod enchantments or are weapons added by other mods+levelled list patches that are no longer available on the Nexus. The mod I use forces the weapon to be equipped, overwriting the striker weapons. As a result, Strikers cannot equip devices on other actors through hit-events anymore since they've got a different weapon equiped. As a side effect, even with 0% drop chance for Striker weapons, they will drop striker weapons on death since they're added to their inventory as a result of unequipping them.

A possible solution for this could be to force-equip the Striker weapons. But I'm not a modder so I can't guarantee if that'll work or not. Might even break it more with other force-equipped weapons, making the Strikers switch weapons non-stop, now that I'm thinking about it. But it's a little idea I had.

Edited by ƞursona
19 hours ago, CrymH said:

Ā 

i guess i wrote that hard to understand.

-yes u understood the first part right
-they have a random bow

-"normal stuff"Ā  means just normal bandit loot (some fur armor, their normal bow, some gold)

23 hours ago, RedDotGecko said:

i guess i wrote that hard to understand.

-yes u understood the first part right
-they have a random bow

-"normal stuff"Ā  means just normal bandit loot (some fur armor, their normal bow, some gold)

I think the bandit loot is supposed to spawn. It was added with one of the previous updates if I'm not mistaken.

On 8/28/2021 at 8:04 PM, CrymH said:

Ok, it would be nice if you could give me feedback once you rebuild and tested everything. good luck for your missionĀ 

It seems like this mod

causes heavy interference with devices and make them flicker every 3-5 seconds. Probably creates race condition since Strikers are also trying to re-equip everything.
Didn't encounter respawn bug though, but neither it was a long run to be sure. Will look more.