On 10/22/2021 at 7:45 PM, CrymH said:

I hope you all are still looking forward to this project 

Oh my, am I ever! I haven't played the game all summer long because, well, because of summer of course, but now I can't wait to return to Nirn and encounter some Devious Strikers along the way.

Thanks much for posting the spoiler, the sheer length of the list of changes and fixes looks most intriguing!

2 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

Oh my, am I ever! I haven't played the game all summer long because, well, because of summer of course, but now I can't wait to return to Nirn and encounter some Devious Strikers along the way.

Thanks much for posting the spoiler, the sheer length of the list of changes and fixes looks most intriguing!

If you'd only know what's to come!

I would like to incorporate the mod in my adventures but recently started the main quest of the game and would like to keep the save to the end before restarting the game. Should i wait for your new version in case it needs a new clean save for users who have played with the current version of the mod? Cheers! 

23 minutes ago, trellouk said:

I would like to incorporate the mod in my adventures but recently started the main quest of the game and would like to keep the save to the end before restarting the game. Should i wait for your new version in case it needs a new clean save for users who have played with the current version of the mod? Cheers! 

Technically it is always the best option to make a completely new and clean save... but lets be honest, nobody wants to start a new game just because of an update. 

To answer your question: the new version i am bout to release should NOT require a new game, just make sure you use any save-cleaning-tool when updating to the newest version.

Allright i found a pretty unique bug. So i was attacking this bandit camp and i was trying out some new spells. One of those spells i tried out was raise zombie. So i rtevived this bandit sorcerer and i than used them to attack the last remaining bandit, but as i go in to kill the last guy i get hit with a barrage of magic attacks from behind me. My undead bandit turned into a devious striker - and then encased me in rubber. Shortly after that they vanished.

9 hours ago, nimawi said:

Allright i found a pretty unique bug. So i was attacking this bandit camp and i was trying out some new spells. One of those spells i tried out was raise zombie. So i rtevived this bandit sorcerer and i than used them to attack the last remaining bandit, but as i go in to kill the last guy i get hit with a barrage of magic attacks from behind me. My undead bandit turned into a devious striker - and then encased me in rubber. Shortly after that they vanished.

well what a nice twist but like the saying goes ... revenge is best served cold(dead) :D 

10 hours ago, nimawi said:

15 minutes ago, Baltasarr80 said:

well what a nice twist but like the saying goes ... revenge is best served cold(dead) :D 

No worries, i think this bug occured once already some time back. I have it fixed, somewhat... 

The problem, which still persists is that after changing cells, a raised dead looses some information. To be exact they loose their magic effect which marks them as a raised dead, wierdly though they still behave normal (Skyrim mumbo jumbo). 

Apart from that, the mod should detect your raised deads perfectly. 

9 hours ago, CrymH said:

No worries, i think this bug occured once already some time back. I have it fixed, somewhat... 

The problem, which still persists is that after changing cells, a raised dead looses some information. To be exact they loose their magic effect which marks them as a raised dead, wierdly though they still behave normal (Skyrim mumbo jumbo). 

Apart from that, the mod should detect your raised deads perfectly. 

i love how skyrim is so janky that modders just go "i dont know why this is, or how or what - but skyrim will be skyrim"

22 minutes ago, CrymH said:

QUICK PROGRESS UPDATE:

I am almost done with what i tried to achieve for this update. There are only 2 or 3 major things left before the long awaited update. 

Exciting. Especially as we're only 10 days from anniversary edition potentially breaking everything lol

In all seriousness I'm thinking of starting a new skyrim playthrough after the anniversary update (and its inevitable patches) comes out and this is one of the mods I think I'll be adding. Glad to hear progress is going good.

14 hours ago, Farsh-nuke said:

Exciting. Especially as we're only 10 days from anniversary edition potentially breaking everything lol

In all seriousness I'm thinking of starting a new skyrim playthrough after the anniversary update (and its inevitable patches) comes out and this is one of the mods I think I'll be adding. Glad to hear progress is going good.

I don't know if it update Skyrim SE or not but i will disable auto update now. New patch mean new SKSE, new USSEP, new many core mods that fixing the code directly. And my assumption is it will take about 2 months to fully playable again.

5 hours ago, hungvipbcsok said:

I don't know if it update Skyrim SE or not but i will disable auto update now. New patch mean new SKSE, new USSEP, new many core mods that fixing the code directly. And my assumption is it will take about 2 months to fully playable again.

Yep and at least a month of regular patches to the anniversary edition from Bethesda on top of that

i appologize if this has been sugested before, but at higher levels strikers really arent that scary anymore, would love to see tougher variations on strikers, like we see with Draugr for example.

Draugr >> relentless Draugr

Devious Striker >> strictly bound Deviant >> knight of bondage >> etc.....

3 hours ago, nimawi said:

i appologize if this has been sugested before, but at higher levels strikers really arent that scary anymore, would love to see tougher variations on strikers, like we see with Draugr for example.

Ooh, now that would be cool. In addition to flat stat increases maybe there could be effects added as you go higher up. 

3 hours ago, nimawi said:

35 minutes ago, Farsh-nuke said:

Ooh, now that would be cool. In addition to flat stat increases maybe there could be effects added as you go higher up. 

Well about that... yes it had been suggested already, atleast twice. And to this very moment i have only done the flat stat increase to temporarily counter the problem. But as we all know, simple stat increasing is rather boring. And i really do like your idea about tougher variants of strikers. Sadly though, it comes a little bit too late for this update, as i am really close to releasing it and i also do not wish for any further delays. because I would like to put more thought and time in this idea than just renaming and increasing stats. I think this would make a good update after the coming one. Be assured that i have noted down your suggestion.

35 minutes ago, CrymH said:

Well about that... yes it had been suggested already, atleast twice. And to this very moment i have only done the flat stat increase to temporarily counter the problem. But as we all know, simple stat increasing is rather boring. And i really do like your idea about tougher variants of strikers. Sadly though, it comes a little bit too late for this update, as i am really close to releasing it and i also do not wish for any further delays. because I would like to put more thought and time in this idea than just renaming and increasing stats. I think this would make a good update after the coming one. Be assured that i have noted down your suggestion.

Hey if you want Ideas and lore suggestions that I can provide. Modding is an ocean I haven't dipped my toe in but I have a BA in creative and professional writing lol

Advanced tiers of enemies definitely deserve the proper time to be developed. Especially since it's 9 days until the Anniversary edition drops.

1 hour ago, Farsh-nuke said:

Hey if you want Ideas and lore suggestions that I can provide. Modding is an ocean I haven't dipped my toe in but I have a BA in creative and professional writing lol

Advanced tiers of enemies definitely deserve the proper time to be developed. Especially since it's 9 days until the Anniversary edition drops.

I would be more than happy if you could provide some of your ideas or even help flash out some backstory for this mod or help with some quests and enemies. But keep in mind that i have a 10 pages long word document full of suggestions, therefore the chance that somebody else already suggested whatever you are thinking about is ... existing ... luckily these suggestions are rarely about lore and similar. 

8 minutes ago, CrymH said:

I would be more than happy if you could provide some of your ideas or even help flash out some backstory for this mod or help with some quests and enemies. But keep in mind that i have a 10 pages long word document full of suggestions, therefore the chance that somebody else already suggested whatever you are thinking about is ... existing ... luckily these suggestions are rarely about lore and similar. 

Feel free to message me if you have any mod mechanisms you'd like help with lore wise. (I.e you develop a new kind of mob and would like help with fluff text or ideas for storytelling its location about where it came from.) I'm not an expert on bethesda lore but it means you can focus on bug fixing and developing new features. Ideas I can do easy but if you want specific ideas for specific mod reasons my ideas will be more focused and relevant

1 hour ago, AOBVUAM said:

I am using this mod 0.3.0.1 but converted it into ESP-FE

So... when Striker spawns too many(maybe five? six?) , my games have CTD

but i wanna know it only occurs with ESP-FE or just mod's problem.

sorry for my bad english.

As far as i know you should only use light mods as an ESP-FE, because they can only contain up to 2048 records at a time. (please correct me if i am wrong, i have very little experience with esp-fe and esl stuff). 

If multiple strikers spawn at the same time it might be possible that this record limit is reached quicker than you think and your game crashes as a result. 

Personally i am playing on LE with only ESPs active and i for debugging/ testing purposes i have seen far more than 5 or 6 strikers without my game crashing. 

4 hours ago, AOBVUAM said:

I am using this mod 0.3.0.1 but converted it into ESP-FE

So... when Striker spawns too many(maybe five? six?) , my games have CTD

but i wanna know it only occurs with ESP-FE or just mod's problem.

sorry for my bad english.

Confirm the spawn limit of my game is about 20. I always increase the chance of spawn striker to 80% and frequency of 3s. It work smoothly though.

Also this is LE. I have playing SE too but my SE is more about combat mod rather than SL mods. 

4 hours ago, CrymH said:

As far as i know you should only use light mods as an ESP-FE, because they can only contain up to 2048 records at a time. (please correct me if i am wrong, i have very little experience with esp-fe and esl stuff). 

If multiple strikers spawn at the same time it might be possible that this record limit is reached quicker than you think and your game crashes as a result. 

Personally i am playing on LE with only ESPs active and i for debugging/ testing purposes i have seen far more than 5 or 6 strikers without my game crashing. 

umm... i use this ESP(not ESP-FE)... but CTD occurs.

"This is the amount of strikers that will spawn on a potential enemy."
This means One enemy's striker or One cell's striker?

if i this set to 2, then striker spawns at 2 or maximum striker amount is 2? idk

other guy says spawn limit 20 but i cant see where it is setting.

i doesnt about number

i summoned 10 strikers but my game not has ctd. (and using ESP-FE)

problem is in scripts? IDK 

Edited by AOBVUAM
39 minutes ago, AOBVUAM said:

umm... i use this ESP(not ESP-FE)... but CTD occurs.

"This is the amount of strikers that will spawn on a potential enemy."
This means One enemy's striker or One cell's striker?

if i this set to 2, then striker spawns at 2 or maximum striker amount is 2? idk

other guy says spawn limit 20 but i cant see where it is setting.

i doesnt about number

i summoned 10 strikers but my game not has ctd. (and using ESP-FE)

problem is in scripts? IDK 

First of all, this: "This is the amount of strikers that will spawn on a potential enemy." means that on one bandit multiple striker can spawn, the number is determined by whatever you have set in the MCM. 

In conclusion: the setting is for striker spawns per enemy and NOT per cell. 

Currently there is no limitation on how many strikers can spawn in one cell.

Because Striker spawns are rather script heavy, it is NOT advised to increase this number too much, seriously keep it low or you will experience much more crashes. 

The chance for chance is also determined by your hardware, the worse your computer the more crashes you will get. Aside from hardware, your mod list also plays a huge role. The more mods the higher the chance for crashes (depends on the mods individually).