@CrymH The function myActor.GetActorBase().GetSex() will always fail and return 0 (male), when used on Leveled NPCs.

It will work on Leveled NPCs when used as myActor.GetLeveledActorBase().GetSex()

The GetActorBase().GetSex() will work on player character. Think you will need to change the ActiveMagicEffect scripts.

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=GetSex_-_ActorBase#Notes

Edited by Tron91
On 7/18/2021 at 7:58 PM, CrymH said:

Thanks for testing and confirming, i will release a patched version soon (today)!

EDIT:

New version is up! please test it again and let me know if it worked, Thanks for your help about my stupid mistake! There will never be a new update without one

I tried out the new version and it worked perfectly in my test. Successful single transfers one-by-one until the full-transfer, then the full transfer 'plus some extra punishment' (I think that was the wording) which also worked just fine and added heavy restraints on top of the rest.

On 7/18/2021 at 7:58 PM, CrymH said:

Thanks for testing and confirming, i will release a patched version soon (today)!

EDIT:

New version is up! please test it again and let me know if it worked, Thanks for your help about my stupid mistake! There will never be a new update without one

Awesome, thank you for the update! That was really fast.

I tested as well. Transfer-alls trigger again reliably - perfect. However, transfer-singles do still have a much bigger timeout in my game. I tested with 100% transfer chance for better reproducibility. While in old versions, only very fast multi-hits did not add one item each hit, in the new version not even half of the hits (of the melee striker) cause transfer-singles. Until the counter reaches 5 for the transfer all, only one or two items were equipped. Even setting the transfer-all-counter two 20,a striker would not equip all her items before the the 20 hits were used up. I assume what I assumed last time - my game might me a little slower with events.

Of course, for testing purposes, I am letting myself get hit repeatedly - I assume in regular gameplay, with dodging and running away, hits would be much less frequent, so the timeout would matter somewhat less (except in situations with multiple strikers, where it would be relevant again).

If the timeout is needed to ensure compatibility with other mods, then I think it might be considerable as an acceptable trade-off. I still would be happy to have an option to disable the check in a future update (maybe via global variable or quest variable that can be set via console). But please don't feel pressured to do it by any means, I can always easily remove the check myself if I feel that strikers don't add enough items and the mod is really fun to play either way.

Edit:

I want to reiterate how much I love the mod, even if i criticize/nitpick the suspend mechanic so much. I sure hope that is not too discouraging. Your mod is basically the reason that I haven been playing Skyrim again recently.

Edited by Yanme

I will just post this as a separate comment instead, because the edit to my previous comment doesn't show for myself for whatever reason. I seem to be prone to technical issues recently lol.

No matter how much I scrutinize the suspend mechanic, I really love your mod. It is super fun to have devices equipped in combat, as punishment for failing to avoid getting hit. Mostly, this has been the reason I have been playing Skyrim recently. Also, it is nice how this makes exploring enemy camps/hideouts exciting again. I would consider it a permanent part of my load order for the foreseeable future.

5 hours ago, Tron91 said:

@CrymH The function myActor.GetActorBase().GetSex() will always fail and return 0 (male), when used on Leveled NPCs.

It will work on Leveled NPCs when used as myActor.GetLeveledActorBase().GetSex()

The GetActorBase().GetSex() will work on player character. Think you will need to change the ActiveMagicEffect scripts.

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=GetSex_-_ActorBase#Notes

I did not know that, thanks a lot! At this point i should hire you...

2 hours ago, BYJE137 said:

I tried out the new version and it worked perfectly in my test. Successful single transfers one-by-one until the full-transfer, then the full transfer 'plus some extra punishment' (I think that was the wording) which also worked just fine and added heavy restraints on top of the rest.

Thanks for testing and your feedback! i am so glad the problem was that easy to fix, i literally had to remove only 6 lines of code not more not less.

1 hour ago, Yanme said:

Awesome, thank you for the update! That was really fast.

I tested as well. Transfer-alls trigger again reliably - perfect. However, transfer-singles do still have a much bigger timeout in my game. I tested with 100% transfer chance for better reproducibility. While in old versions, only very fast multi-hits did not add one item each hit, in the new version not even half of the hits (of the melee striker) cause transfer-singles. Until the counter reaches 5 for the transfer all, only one or two items were equipped. Even setting the transfer-all-counter two 20,a striker would not equip all her items before the the 20 hits were used up. I assume what I assumed last time - my game might me a little slower with events.

Of course, for testing purposes, I am letting myself get hit repeatedly - I assume in regular gameplay, with dodging and running away, hits would be much less frequent, so the timeout would matter somewhat less (except in situations with multiple strikers, where it would be relevant again).

If the timeout is needed to ensure compatibility with other mods, then I think it might be considerable as an acceptable trade-off. I still would be happy to have an option to disable the check in a future update (maybe via global variable or quest variable that can be set via console). But please don't feel pressured to do it by any means, I can always easily remove the check myself if I feel that strikers don't add enough items and the mod is really fun to play either way.

Edit:

I want to reiterate how much I love the mod, even if i criticize/nitpick the suspend mechanic so much. I sure hope that is not too discouraging. Your mod is basically the reason that I haven been playing Skyrim again recently.

Well about that, i have tried what @Tron91 suggested: putting a short utility.wait after every lock/unlock but i think you already knew that...

After testing version 0.3.0.1 myself, i also noticed the longer delay, but i decided to keep it for the moment and wait if other people also think it's too slow. Personally i want it to be a bit faster, which is why i will reduce the wait time or remove it completely in certain parts of the script. In others it will stay like it is at the moment, for example the device removal function that you can activate in MCM under the 'help' category. i might also find some more stuff to improve the timing with, but this will then be part of the next update 0.3.1. 

44 minutes ago, Yanme said:

I will just post this as a separate comment instead, because the edit to my previous comment doesn't show for myself for whatever reason. I seem to be prone to technical issues recently lol.

No matter how much I scrutinize the suspend mechanic, I really love your mod. It is super fun to have devices equipped in combat, as punishment for failing to avoid getting hit. Mostly, this has been the reason I have been playing Skyrim recently. Also, it is nice how this makes exploring enemy camps/hideouts exciting again. I would consider it a permanent part of my load order for the foreseeable future.

I am flattered... really 

When i started developing this and not even knowing a single bit about papyrus, CK or anything else, my expectations were small and i havent had hoped for much. And now there are people who praise this mod and tell me proudly that it will become a permanent part of there loadorder and they even care about my motivation, this makes happier than i have ever expected. Giga thanks! 

and no you are not scrutinizing the mechanic, you are giving good and honest feedback. Exactly what i need and want!

9 hours ago, ck2modfan said:

Not sure if anything can be done but... using spawn option. Also using Better Vampires and specifically Vampire Servant (raise dead). It looks like Strikers are spawned off my raised dead. Maybe there is some check that can be added to prevent?

Oh boi, sounds like we have an imposter among us.. 

sorry i just had too.

I will see what i can do, adding a check is probably the simplest solution.

Thanks for your report!

8 hours ago, cerebus300 said:

I'm not sure what my issue is, but I've had this installed with various versions, but I don't get any strikers to show up at all. None are wearing the gear and nothing ever gets transferred. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Either you have a corrupt save and did not follow the 'how to upgrade' from the main modpage or you forgot to confirm the settings in MCM atleast once, which is necessary after every update.

3 hours ago, CrymH said:

Either you have a corrupt save and did not follow the 'how to upgrade' from the main modpage or you forgot to confirm the settings in MCM atleast once, which is necessary after every update.

Hmmm... I don't think I ever confirmed the settings. I'll check that. Thanks.

EDIT: Doh! That was it. Man I have had this mod loaded for months and just figured that it wasn't working. Wow! Well, the next bandit gang that I met, there they were. Look forward to playing with this. 

Edited by cerebus300
1 hour ago, cerebus300 said:

Hmmm... I don't think I ever confirmed the settings. I'll check that. Thanks.

EDIT: Doh! That was it. Man I have had this mod loaded for months and just figured that it wasn't working. Wow! Well, the next bandit gang that I met, there they were. Look forward to playing with this. 

Glad to hear it works now ?i recently added this under the Issues section on the modpage, because multiple people had this problem already. I think i must increase its visibility  

So a couple of versions ago I locked in my choices for the MCM menu and now that you have added more things to it I would like to modify it, do I just need to uninstall the mod, create a new save then reinstall with the updated version?

1 hour ago, Crota said:

So a couple of versions ago I locked in my choices for the MCM menu and now that you have added more things to it I would like to modify it, do I just need to uninstall the mod, create a new save then reinstall with the updated version?

You can open console and type - coc deviousstrikecell - after you have teleported you can turn right and activate the dwemer button. This will disable hardcore mode, after setting your settings you can just enable it again through normal means

21 hours ago, CrymH said:

Oh boi, sounds like we have an imposter among us.. 

sorry i just had too.

I will see what i can do, adding a check is probably the simplest solution.

Thanks for your report!

Although I think it's fun to see Strikers being spawned by raise dead - talk about surprise :D

2 hours ago, notwavman said:

Although I think it's fun to see Strikers being spawned by raise dead - talk about surprise :D

No doubt about it, but for the moment the mod is not meant to do these kind of surprises. Dont worry though i got something in stock for future updates that might surprise you.

im wondering, do you think there will ever be a chance to add in an outcome to get sent to simple slavery? maybe have a chance to spawn a special striker that will take you to simple slavery for an to be sold. the chance could based on either number of DD items equipped from normal strikers or it could be just chance to spawn.

On 7/23/2021 at 6:14 AM, shadowwolf2k7 said:

im wondering, do you think there will ever be a chance to add in an outcome to get sent to simple slavery? maybe have a chance to spawn a special striker that will take you to simple slavery for an to be sold. the chance could based on either number of DD items equipped from normal strikers or it could be just chance to spawn.

Yes there might be such a chance, but it will probably be connected to the punish mechanic. Somebody else already suggested a mechanic that ties in the punishment, it would teleport you back to the start of the dungeon while some items have been stolen from you or something along those lines. 

My goal is to create multiple possible outcomes for these defeat like events, one of them could be your suggestion. Ofcourse you will be able to choose what events can happen to whatever chance you set them through MCM. 

Sadly this scenario requires a mod dependency and i do not plan on adding any dependencies before the base of my mod is finished. Therefore it might take a while until your idea makes it into the mod.

On 7/17/2021 at 6:12 PM, CrymH said:

The New update is finally finished! i have already released it just now, i hope there are no major issues with the new spawn method, please report back if you notice any! 

And again sorry that i promised an earlier release, this time there have been many problems during the testing phase, unlike the previous versions. I also had a lot to do in my private live, which messed up my time schedule quite a bit. I think it is for the best if i release the coming versions without a promised time ?.

@AverageSkyrimEnjoyer  & @Þursona & @RedCardei

All of you have reported buggy behavior in the recent past, can you tell whether or not these bugs/incompatibilities are still a thing once you have upgraded to the newest version?

Tested the new version (only a few bandit camps/dungeons so far; no modded locations. Works great. Startet initially with a Striker spawn chance of 10% (1 spawn; replacing), increased it to 15% now. Happy to see this mod develop so well!

On 7/23/2021 at 9:44 AM, shadowwolf2k7 said:

Maybe for now you install the DAYMOYL or Defeat mod to take from the Punishment event, which could take you to many different outcomes.

3 hours ago, Tron91 said:

Maybe for now you install the DAYMOYL or Defeat mod to take from the Punishment event, which could take you to many different outcomes.

i have used daymoyl in the past and had nothing but trouble with it. it made my game unstable. after removing it my game was stable again. i am trying naked defeat, but it doesnt proc off of strike

5 hours ago, Þursona said:

Tested the new version (only a few bandit camps/dungeons so far; no modded locations. Works great. Startet initially with a Striker spawn chance of 10% (1 spawn; replacing), increased it to 15% now. Happy to see this mod develop so well!

Awesome to hear! Let me know when ever you have any problems again. 

Don't know if anybody else is experiencing this but my Striker seem to spawn with 2 sets of devices, leading to the devices remaining on their bodies once killed. These items are not marked as equipped in the inventory which leads me to believe they are duplicates. Occasionally, I also get messages like "Can't equip X-device cause there's already one in place". Not really bothering me that much since I can just leave the items on their corpses, just felt like mentioning this in case anybody else is having this issue. This happened on a save file where I updated the mod, not sure if the problem will occure on a fresh save file.

@CrymH I have an idea. How about a summon spell that spawn a very stronk DS that help you eliminate all the enemy in the area. But then you need to fulfil the deed being transfered all item from that DS. You can try to backstab that DS though but you can only have 1 chance, if the DS survive the hit it will transfer all item immediately.