2 hours ago, ttpt said:

Basically the patch will revert the guard arrest dialogue stuff back to vanilla, since POP modifies that for its arrest mechanic. PA uses the vanilla arrest stuff, so make sure to place the patch after POP and PA, and that bashed patches or smash patches or any other number of patches  don't override it.

Bounty hunters from POP are a different mechanic POP added to arrest, so that should still work for POP arrests. there's no real like explicit mechanisms to make both mods compatible but they can still both function because of this alternate way to arrest from POP.

So I don't have to turn anything from POP off as long as PA and this patch come after POP in my load order and overwrite order in MO2?

On 7/24/2022 at 10:26 PM, no_way said:

So I don't have to turn anything from POP off as long as PA and this patch come after POP in my load order and overwrite order in MO2?

Yeah hopefully, so long as say, you don't get a vanilla guard and a POP Bounty hunter trying to arrest you at the same time, they should more or less play along with each other. You will be getting more PA arrests probably, unless you fiddle withe the thresholds for deploying Bounty Hunters.

POP I think also has special settings for markarth and winterhold, while PA will probably just send to you the vanilla cidhna mine quest and the chill respectively.

POP does make changes to the winhelm jail, by adding that new area. you may actually want to check the area in TESEDIT and make sure the navmesh from POP is actually overriding any other mod. But you're likely going to windhelm for the gallos, but it's worth keeping this in mind for maximum compatibility.

Remember that both mods are trying to modify the same thing, so expecting things to go over smoothly is along shot, and if something goes wrong with one it's not neccesarily the other mod's fault.

Overall I think PA manages to be less prone to breaking because it's not trying to do too much at the same time.

On 7/28/2022 at 4:09 PM, RedNick54 said:

Is there a list of the events that can play out?

As of last time I played it there is only the wiping event, unless you are caught escaping which then there are some additional downloads that can happen. I’ve been tempted to try and figure out how to make a guard rape event for this as it would really complete it for me… ;)

• 2 weeks later...

This mod is simple. I like it!
I am using the mod Go to Bed, I think it would be better to trigging as a bed without a sleep function. (I don't know about modding, sorry if it was nonsense.) then the player doesn't have to disable Go to Bed in MCM maybe?
And I look forward to the update of the sex scene.

On 8/19/2022 at 2:40 PM, bamoyi8357 said:

This mod is simple. I like it!
I am using the mod Go to Bed, I think it would be better to trigging as a bed without a sleep function. (I don't know about modding, sorry if it was nonsense.) then the player doesn't have to disable Go to Bed in MCM maybe?
And I look forward to the update of the sex scene.

I use Go To Bed with this mod - simply use the 'key' method to go to sleep in the GTB MCM and you're good to go.

GTB MCM.png

On 8/5/2022 at 1:59 PM, iSc00t said:

As of last time I played it there is only the wiping event, unless you are caught escaping which then there are some additional downloads that can happen. I’ve been tempted to try and figure out how to make a guard rape event for this as it would really complete it for me… ;)

Use Scent of Sex - it's easy to set up a rule for prison rape

On 8/26/2022 at 12:30 AM, 43deadwood said:

I use Go To Bed with this mod - simply use the 'key' method to go to sleep in the GTB MCM and you're good to go.

GTB MCM.png

I'm using GTB (go to bed)  SE 1.53v and there is no the activate key.
To use that key, I need to downgrade below 1.4v , but I'm worried about  unfixed bugs and unknown issues

Hello there! 

I have some issues with the mod installed on Skyrim SE 1.6+ 

(i think is the whip event) i start being punch instead of whiped, and when the guard say it's over nothing else happen and i cannot do anything. 

Any ideas of what could cause this? Thanks!! ^^

On 8/31/2022 at 12:51 AM, Kabanchek said:

I love you mod, but found it uncompatible with requiem, because guards hit me to death) Is it possible to add teshhold for HP when they stop hitting player?

Usually there should be a mechanism in place which should limit the damage to prevent player dying. If Requiem overrides this or applies scripted damage, my options are limited.
working with those necessarily large all-in-one solutions like requiem is always painful, so I would suggest to avoid them.

27 minutes ago, Pamatronic said:

I genuinely have no Idea. Feel free to try it.

I've tried your mod along with Toys&Love. Did not test hard, but on the surface it was all good.

There's little chance of conflict, unless Toys&Love can't detect a busy state, thus leaving it open to interrupting... or vice versa, where your mod could interrupt a T&L love scene.

Toys&Love should "see" that your mod has the player busy, because its checking for locked player controls, and checking for "using" furniture.

There's several ways your mod could check for Toys&Love busy state. You may already being doing so. I could provide more help.

Toys&Love would pair well for you, as an alternative to both DD and Sexlab. If you wanted, your mod could make use of toys, and also start love scenes, all with no hard requirement. T&L has built in soft dependency... See... Mod Authors - Using Toys&Love - Traditional / Soft / Script-less

On 9/8/2022 at 7:08 PM, VirginMarie said:

because its checking for locked player controls,

That´s a great Idea. this should indeed prevent carnage in most cases.
But even with DD, most issues would occur when the player has restraints equipped when being arrested, or gets them equipped partways through.

On 9/8/2022 at 7:08 PM, VirginMarie said:

Toys&Love would pair well for you, as an alternative to both DD and Sexlab. If you wanted, your mod could make use of toys, and also start love scenes, all with no hard requirement. T&L has built in soft dependency... See... Mod Authors - Using Toys&Love - Traditional / Soft / Script-less

Took a quick look over the Api docs and this looks actually promising.
Its not an immediate priority, but I´ll give it a closer look when I need a conventional sex scene.

That´s a great Idea. this should indeed prevent carnage in most cases.
But even with DD, most issues would occur when the player has restraints equipped when being arrested, or gets them equipped partways through.

Toys&Love does a thing for the jail event... Just as the player is getting arrested, their toys get temporarily hidden, so that the vanilla game can't take them, or try to. Then when the player is finished landing in jail, or ended up talking they way out of going to jail, the toys unhide.

So I'm not sure if this ties with what you are saying for DD, but what goes on here is very different.

Took a quick look over the Api docs and this looks actually promising.
Its not an immediate priority, but I´ll give it a closer look when I need a conventional sex scene.

Conventional only? :P pfffft, you can do orgies, and unconventional things too !

• 2 weeks later...

- The MCM setting for "live sentence" (instead of the 3 days max) doesn't seem to stick (SE version). The check box always reverts to off. Is this a known issue?

- When I am sent to the jail, is there a way to verify if Prison Alternative is indeed running and taking over the prison mechanism (and not just vanilla prison)?

SOLVED: based on the screen messsages and message box, it's clear that PA is active ?

Edited by Gudulba
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, first time using this mod. I also use baka's version of Defeat, and there is an issue where the whipping scene will damage the player to the point that Defeat triggers, which then causes massive conflicts and the whole scene breaks down. Would it be possible to limit the whip damage to be very low, or otherwise make it cosmetic only? Otherwise, it works well with Defeat, where my character was defeated by a guard, then subsequently your prison mod activated and took over. 

edit1: used SSEdit to change all weapon damage in Zaz to 0, but it just ends up making the torturer punch me to death :|

edit2: used SSEdit to stack more reduce attack damage perks on him, but it didn't work either :| guess I'll just disable whipping for the time being

Edited by imafaget
23 hours ago, imafaget said:

Would it be possible to limit the whip damage to be very low,

Usually there should be a perk in place which prevents player death from whipping.
(It makes the inflicted damage taper off as health gets lower. This way, health can get very low, but should never reach zero)

Do you maybe have Defeats threshold based-knockdown enabled?
Other than that, there could be some other damage-overwriting perk at work which overwrites mine.

But I´ll keep this in mind when I make another update. Thanks for the feedback.

9 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

Usually there should be a perk in place which prevents player death from whipping.
(It makes the inflicted damage taper off as health gets lower. This way, health can get very low, but should never reach zero)

Do you maybe have Defeats threshold based-knockdown enabled?
Other than that, there could be some other damage-overwriting perk at work which overwrites mine.

But I´ll keep this in mind when I make another update. Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah I had the wound knockdown enabled, as it is by default. I'll try playing with the settings and see how it goes, thanks for listening to my feedback :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2022 at 11:01 AM, imafaget said:

Hi, first time using this mod. I also use baka's version of Defeat, and there is an issue where the whipping scene will damage the player to the point that Defeat triggers, which then causes massive conflicts and the whole scene breaks down. Would it be possible to limit the whip damage to be very low, or otherwise make it cosmetic only? Otherwise, it works well with Defeat, where my character was defeated by a guard, then subsequently your prison mod activated and took over. 

edit1: used SSEdit to change all weapon damage in Zaz to 0, but it just ends up making the torturer punch me to death :|

edit2: used SSEdit to stack more reduce attack damage perks on him, but it didn't work either :| guess I'll just disable whipping for the time being

I turned off the knockout effect and made the player essential, that at least fixed the whipping bug, but don`t know how it will affect the defeat mod itself.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...