On 1/22/2022 at 3:03 AM, xboronx said:

Which mods do the other players recommend for accumulating bounty to increase the chance that this mod can start to shine when you get sent to prison?

I am already using Sexlab Adventures for adding bounties for "whoring/slutting", but is there a good vanilla overhaul too for crime bounties?

Most other mods adding nice bounty possibilities from loverslab are unfortunately incompatible, mainly deviously cursed loot and sexlab survival since they add their own prison system and too many devious devices too often.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

I use Sexlab Survival and it doesn't have it's own prison system & doesn't have any DD (at least in my playthrough). Perhaps you're thinking of the Kennel? Soem other mods that can add extra fines are:

Contraband (Nexus 75425) - makes a crime to loot

SV Mods (Nexus 86109) - adds permits for crafting and adds a few extra crimes

Taxes of the Nine Holds (Nexus 65519)

On 1/21/2022 at 10:03 PM, xboronx said:

Which mods do the other players recommend for accumulating bounty to increase the chance that this mod can start to shine when you get sent to prison?

I am already using Sexlab Adventures for adding bounties for "whoring/slutting", but is there a good vanilla overhaul too for crime bounties?

Most other mods adding nice bounty possibilities from loverslab are unfortunately incompatible, mainly deviously cursed loot and sexlab survival since they add their own prison system and too many devious devices too often.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Skooma whore addicted, also using more options with Adventures, like bounties for having weapons equiped in cities or be watched using spells out of combat.

• 4 weeks later...

A bit late with the above suggestions but I'd also add the mod "Failure Mode Effects Analysis in Skyrim (FMEA)" to increase your chances to go to Prison.  It makes lockpicking, alchemy, mining and enchanting harder with some triggering traps that alert guards/NPCs and lead you to jail.

On 1/21/2022 at 7:03 PM, xboronx said:

SLSF Fame Comments will add a sizable bounty in each hold capital if your SLSF (sexual) fame levels in certain categories (typically slut fame, but there are also others, like beastiality fame, exhibitionist fame, etc.) gets over a certain threshold. Prior to receiving the bounty, you'll also receive a warning letter from the local Jarl. The bounty in that mod is intended to be a vanilla hand off to a mod like this. However, it will only happen 1-3 times in each hold capital (some holds monitor up to three SLSF fame types), so maybe not the best solution for long-term play in the same town.

Edited by Gristle
On 1/21/2022 at 7:34 AM, 43deadwood said:

Time doesn't actually pass (in that your character doesn't get hungry) despite the text descriptions. I've used this and never had a need for food - think of it as a holding cell where your character gets whipped before being sent to the real punishment.

I've been wondering about this.  In my game it seems time does pass as long as it's not a major crime.  When I get caught for a major crime, above set bounty threshold then the PA stuff kicks in with the whipping.  However, upon release it's the same time and date as entry.  What are the MCM settings for short, medium and long prisoner terms for?  Personally I would really like time to pass for serving time.

Otherwise would just like to say fantastic mod.  Really well done.

thanks for making the mod, but thank you even more for speaking up against DD, i don't dislike the addition of the various DD to the game but the way it just gets forced into the entirety of the game and the enormous amount of animations included just kills it for me and i just refuse to use it nowadays.

i wish there was a good alternative or some way to have all the mods that depend on it function completely but have the base mod itself effectively be dormant just to provide to other mods in a simple way.

eh i do seem to have an issue where when i get whipped, i get hit like 4 or 5 times and just die because the guard is doing too much damage

Edited by FovI
On 3/6/2022 at 3:19 PM, FovI said:

eh i do seem to have an issue where when i get whipped, i get hit like 4 or 5 times and just die because the guard is doing too much damage

That means you have some very weird mod installed which adds scripted damage to weapons.

The damage value of the whip usually tapers off along with your health. which means that you should never be able to die from it.

On 3/4/2022 at 8:02 PM, Crewdoh said:

Personally I would really like time to pass for serving time.

As already discussed, having time actually pass would cause issues with mods like I needs or maybe even Frostfall. So i´m not gonna do this.

On 3/4/2022 at 8:02 PM, Crewdoh said:

What are the MCM settings for short, medium and long prisoner terms for?

usually the amount of "days" you spent in prison is dependent on crime severity. more days means more events. (or WOULD mean more events if they existed)

setting the limiter to short means, you will never spent more than a single day in prison. I just added this because there is only a single daily event in the base mod.

9 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

That means you have some very weird mod installed which adds scripted damage to weapons.

The damage value of the whip usually tapers off along with your health. which means that you should never be able to die from it.

ah okay thanks, i guess i will just keep enabling godmode before i get whipped, that works

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2022 at 6:33 PM, Pamatronic said:

As already discussed, having time actually pass would cause issues with mods like I needs or maybe even Frostfall. So i´m not gonna do this.

usually the amount of "days" you spent in prison is dependent on crime severity. more days means more events. (or WOULD mean more events if they existed)

setting the limiter to short means, you will never spent more than a single day in prison. I just added this because there is only a single daily event in the base mod.

Thanks for the reply.  I tried to read through all the posts before making the comment but there are getting to be quite a few.

Totally get how you don't want to effect other mods with the passing of time, nothing can be more frustrating to a player at times.  Myself, I do run iNeed but I don't have hunger or thirst as fatal events.  I do have other mods, such as addictions, weight and muscle gain/loss that have effects applied to my character over time so it's interesting to me to see the long term changes during incarceration.

For my part, when I'm not in the Chill or Cihdna Mine I simply wait 24 hours after each PA event.  It's not as immersive but it adds to my experience well enough.  In short, thanks for your work, currently it's my prison mod of choice.

• 3 weeks later...

Man this mod looks so good but for some reason I cant get it to work ;[

I commit a crime and go to prison BUT after I sleep a scene occurs where the jailer brings two poles. Nothing happens. And I cant do anything whatsoever, just stuck. I think the script isn't hooking or something... Can anyone help me?

Edited by momentomori99
misspelling

In case it hasn't been mentioned yet, the latest version of Go To Bed has been redone and no longer conflicts. :cool:

I just updated and I've done a few tests in Riften and the mod (which can no longer be turned off) works perfectly fine with the prison beds.

Side note for anybody else that uses it: now when you lay down you press the wait button to sleep. Used to be the activate button.

2 minutes ago, Nessa said:

In case it hasn't been mentioned yet, the latest version of Go To Bed has been redone and no longer conflicts. :cool:

I just updated and I've done a few tests in Riften and the mod (which can no longer be turned off) works perfectly fine with the prison beds.

Side note for anybody else that uses it: now when you lay down you press the wait button to sleep. Used to be the activate button.

yeah the skse version is great. I just want the sleep function lol. 

On 3/4/2022 at 2:02 PM, Crewdoh said:

Personally I would really like time to pass for serving time.

On 3/8/2022 at 6:33 PM, Pamatronic said:

Do you mean you change vanilla behavior? If you use a needs mod and serve time in a vanilla prison, a lot of time can pass suddenly and you will come out with all your need values in the red.

• 2 weeks later...

working on  a large expansion pack right now.
focuses on "punishing events" when your escape attempts fail. Events will be available in in all jails (safe for a few exceptions)

goes slightly towards the more deadly side, but all events are survivable, and fatal outcomes can be disabled altogether.

This one for example is already finished and available to my supporters:

20220414045818_1.jpg.5b9cfa93b995ca1dae6bc0c480165161.jpg

20220414045345_1.jpg.a55c437e743e119f8d0bed8d003b0ffe.jpg

And a sneakpeak on whats planned:

20220325223622_1.jpg.0a0c9e6926f5e67a9974a7c811dd3a41.jpg

20220325224324_1.jpg.faf0ec4047bb6e0279a5d06b4209d6e6.jpg

20220427171437_1.jpg.28be3b8c94414f0981b7d64dc9035a91.jpg

20220427181549_1.jpg.c1c0ae5ed2544f2cd0fcd68c0fc14687.jpg

20220326003052_1.jpg.fc71745cbd7a3ac7d4290c78a18a677d.jpg

2 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

focuses on "punishing events" when your escape attempts fail. Events will be available in in all jails (safe for a few exceptions)

goes slightly towards the more deadly side, but all events are survivable, and fatal outcomes can be disabled altogether.

Dude this looks fun but wtf the last one hahaha ?

How is that work?

Edited by urbon
15 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

Now this is an exciting update

Got an Announcement:

As we all now, If you want to be an actual youtuber, you need to do a video thts sponsored by Raid/Nord-VPN/some stupid Lootbox.
And if you want to be an actual modder, you need a discord. So i got myself one: Check it out

Not too much to see yet, but ill be posting some of the images which don't make the cut for an actual post here on LL, along with some more frequent development updates.
Also, if you manage to run into some Bug which cant be fixed by the answers here, we can do some live debugging.

AND, for the low low price of committing some good skyrim-snuff images, you can get your hands on my Beta-stuff!

Edited by Pamatronic
corrected discord link
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi. I'm excited to do a playthrough with Prison Alternative, but I ran into a problem with Alternate Start and the add-on New beginnings (I always start by getting thrown in jail so I can configure the MCM in safe place). After I leave the first prison and then go to the Falkreath jail, the game would freeze. I've perused the discussion on the mod page pretty good before a game and I didn't see anything. Of course that doesn't mean I didn't miss it. No problem. I'll just start in another scenario. I thought you might like to know or maybe tell me what I'm fucking up.

• 3 weeks later...

This mod looks really cool. A replacement for the always unstable Prison Overhaul (and potentially better than Prison Overhaul...?) is very tempting if I weren't using DD. If I do switch DD in favor of toys (which may happen) then this mod will be at the top of my wish list. Although, question: Can you cut out all the guro-type events through the MCM?

12 hours ago, 2generic said:

question: Can you cut out all the guro-type events through the MCM?

The base mod doesn't have any of them. So as long as you don't install any of the extensions, you should be fine.
There is a general MCM option to prevent outcomes which would result in the player dying, but followers can still get chopped/chocked/drowned)