[mod] Character Body Overhaul

2 hours ago, HistoryNerd731 said:

Odd, because no matter what load order I use, the problem still persists and I don't even get the bust types like nugerumon has in their screenshots. Are you just using CBO and PA? Or do you have Coetis Anima as well? Or are you running it along side other mods aswell?

I do not have Coetis Anima. I don't care for animated sex scenes - just want some physical diversity and better-than-vanilla-nudes... ;)

I run a lot of mods including CBO, PA, Human Phenotype Project, Community Flavor Pack and Better Face Textures. All those change the look of the characters. I found that if I put the Community Flavor Pack at the end of the load order I have almost no graphical issues or naked people - only some minor clipping in a few cases. I believe that CFP doesn't have too many modded garments so it works quite well with CBO. Sadly that's not the case with Ethnicities & Portraits Expanded which I would love to use as well. Still, I like my setup very much. Having a blast with Mange's mods!

On 8/19/2021 at 9:12 PM, Edge_of_Yesterday said:

how do you install this in the Paradox CK3 launcher on steam?

I think you meant how to get this show in the CK3 launcher. Just ensure the mod file and folder are in the document CK3 mods file. From that point on, either used the premade playset or create your and add the mod. DO not forget to activate the mod as well. Might defeat the entire purpose of using the mod.

On 8/18/2021 at 7:01 PM, ravensm785 said:

what face mod would you people suggest? i need to go through my list and find out which mod is over writing the faces, a womens body with a mans head

actually, i think its "Ethnicities and Portraits Expanded" any patches?

I personally don't touch the face, it's complicated as hell. I only adjust the head models to get rid of the seam between the body and head. Game has 170 blendshapes and 80 additive animations by default. The game has a lot of unused blendshapes in the files for no reason so I don't know how many are used but probably over half. By comparision the bodies have 5 additive animations and 13 blendshapes for men, and 21 for women. Which is a lot more manageable. Which sucks because I would love to smooth out the ridge where the head and bodies meet.

On 8/18/2021 at 6:23 PM, HistoryNerd731 said:

Can confirm. With only CA, PA, CBO, CBOClothes, and a debug mod, this is the result I get. 

So this is helpful. It confirms your problem. You have the butt size gene working fine so you aren't missing whole folders but you definitely have an issue with your bist size gene. It seems like your game is still using the default bust size gene. I am trying to simplify the way breasts work so I use only one blendshape instead of two now. My attempts to make revealing clothing made me realize this would help make it easier (at least for me). So it's still trying to find breast_size_2_max which no longer exists. 

This would explain why you don't see all the bust size variations. By default they are hidden and I unhid them, (adding the localization). 

I have no idea why your your game isn't reading my bust_gene file. But we've isolated the issue. Go to the Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\char_body_overhaul\common\genes folder and send a screen of what you see in the folder. breast gene should be a file there. If its not that's the problem. If the game isn't reading it we need to figure out why.

Note: at this point I suspect an error occurred in unzipping the folder. corrupting that specific file. Mostly because as far as I can tell what I actually have written works, and what I uploaded works for other people and you are only using my mods, which I know shouldn't cause this due to load order (no matter what the load order).

Edited by Mange2020
On 8/19/2021 at 11:49 AM, hoover2701 said:

Just wanted to chime in and give further feedback on the rather small breast sizes when using CBO and PA together. :)

If I run 'Character Body Overhaul' without 'Physical Attributes' I get a lot (well enough) women with rather large breasts. If I use both mods the results look as pictured above by HistoryNerd731. There just doesn't seem to be that great variety... If I use the Ruler Designer I can create huge breasts and they are also visible in the Fullscreen Barbershop in the game. The characters generated with the Ruler Designer don't have any Physical Attributes though (only 'weight: 40' can be seen) . Seems they are not part of the seed or rather the physical attributes I design in the Ruler Designer are not 'translated' into 'Physical Attributes' at game start.

Apart from that I wanted to tell you that your efforts are fantastic and I hope you keep up your dedication to this. Thanks a lot!

Edit:

I got the breast sizes to work. As Mange2020 mentioned the breast_gene.txt earlier I made a search in the mod folder. The only two mods modifying that file were CBO and PA... I compared them using WinMerge (great tool) and found they were different so I simply switched the load order. Now 'Character Body Overhaul' is loaded before 'Physical Attributes' and the women have breasts that correspond to their bust sizes (as far as I am an expert on those things).

The Ruler Designer-problem still persists though. Would be nice if you could have a look at that. :)

So the ruler designer problem isn't really a "problem" it's expected behavior. This is why I added debug interactions so that you can set a character's attributes after you create them.

This is the technical explaination so no worries if all you needed was the above answer. Basically I needed to be able to reference a character's gene strength in the game's scripting system but as far as I know there is no way to call it. There is a second coding system used by the game's gui set up where you can call the character's gene strength but its not as user friendly and I can't do the things with it that I want. 

So since I can't reference the character's gene strength, instead I go the other way around. I set a variable that then changes the way the character looks. But that means my variables completely overwrite the way the base game determines character looks. I would like to be able to directly seed the variable from what you pick on the slider but I haven't figured out how to do it and don't know if its possible. So in your character creation you can make the face look like you want an all the other stuff. But when it comes to butt size, penis size, or breast size you can just set it in game with the debug interactions.

the game's fps drops whenever an event window is open. I thought it was because of the high poly count at first, but if it was the poly count, wouldn't it always lag? Anyways, any solution?
My mod order:

1. Daddy Pika's Cheat Menu

2. Carnalitas

3. Carnalitas - Historical Slavery Doctrines
4. Character Body Overhaul

5. Clothes 1

6. Clothes 2

7. Clothes 3

8. Clothes 4

2 minutes ago, AppleArtigar said:

the game's fps drops whenever an event window is open. I thought it was because of the high poly count at first, but if it was the poly count, wouldn't it always lag? Anyways, any solution?
My mod order:

1. Daddy Pika's Cheat Menu

2. Carnalitas

3. Carnalitas - Historical Slavery Doctrines
4. Character Body Overhaul

5. Clothes 1

6. Clothes 2

7. Clothes 3

8. Clothes 4

I think its the high poly count. There normally aren't many character's on the screen, but when an event happens there will be at least three. When increasing the poly count I considered it might be a bit of an issue for people who don't have as good of a computer as me (mine isn't good, and literally held together by electrical tape lol but still there are definitely people with worse) mine doesn't slow down with one event window open, but with two it definitely does. So my machine is basically at its limit. When I upped the poly count I knew it would happen, and it would be way too much work to make a lower poly version. And honestly I was amazed at how good I could make it with the high poly count and really like it. I do really wish I could have a low poly version but it would be a prohibitive amount of work, basically double.

My suggestion would be to lower the graphics settings. This would reduce the quality of the textures and diffuses on the portraits, this should take some pressure off your GPU, since there's no way to lower the poly count via settings.

It would be great if there was a better answer, so let me know if you or anyone else thinks of something.

6 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

So this is helpful. It confirms your problem. You have the butt size gene working fine so you aren't missing whole folders but you definitely have an issue with your bist size gene. It seems like your game is still using the default bust size gene. I am trying to simplify the way breasts work so I use only one blendshape instead of two now. My attempts to make revealing clothing made me realize this would help make it easier (at least for me). So it's still trying to find breast_size_2_max which no longer exists. 

This would explain why you don't see all the bust size variations. By default they are hidden and I unhid them, (adding the localization). 

I have no idea why your your game isn't reading my bust_gene file. But we've isolated the issue. Go to the Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\char_body_overhaul\common\genes folder and send a screen of what you see in the folder. breast gene should be a file there. If its not that's the problem. If the game isn't reading it we need to figure out why.

Note: at this point I suspect an error occurred in unzipping the folder. corrupting that specific file. Mostly because as far as I can tell what I actually have written works, and what I uploaded works for other people and you are only using my mods, which I know shouldn't cause this due to load order (no matter what the load order).

Here is the folder with the breast gene file.

60304b45242111986849278d365c80ee.png.e878bf38d8794c4426d243d9c3319401.png

And I can also confirm I am still encountering the issue, even after downloading and installing the mod 4 separate times. With 2 of those times including full redownloads of all 5 mods (CBO and the 4 clothing mods).

11 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

But when it comes to butt size, penis size, or breast size you can just set it in game with the debug interactions.

I didn't know this was possible. I usually do not play in debug mode (immersion killer) but it's good to hear I can manually edit these values in afterwards using debug mode. Thanks for your thorough explanation.

@Mange2020 two things i would like to ask

1. Is it be possible to have the physical attributes scale according to age for children-teenagers for a future update?

Not being pedo or anything but it would be nice to know what the physical features would be for future heirs and their bethrothed. Also its a bit jarring to suddenly see 18 year olds suddenly morph into their adult shape.

Looking at the code instead of setting size to 50 if actor is not an adult, how about for every year below the age of 18 down to 12, the physical attribute for breast/penis is reduced by 12%, (so for example breast size of an actor at 16 years old would be 76% of the intended breast size when she reaches adult or a 12 year old would have 28% the size of her intended adult size). 

2. Is it possible to add an event that serves as a simple catch-all which would forcefully run the process of adding the physical attributes and preferences (from coitus animatus) on the targeted actor. 

Right now random newly generated characters dont immediately run the script to assign attributes. I made a custom mod that generates random characters (recruitment or capture in sieges/raids) and am having trouble making that have their physical attributes sorted when they appear for the first time.

Hello, I'm probably dumb, I've searched in all this topic and did everything but the animation just doesn't play, I changed the flag in the carn_example_sex_scene_event.txt (copied from the mod to not miss anything) but it seems that I'm missing something ?

14 hours ago, HistoryNerd731 said:

Here is the folder with the breast gene file.

60304b45242111986849278d365c80ee.png.e878bf38d8794c4426d243d9c3319401.png

And I can also confirm I am still encountering the issue, even after downloading and installing the mod 4 separate times. With 2 of those times including full redownloads of all 5 mods (CBO and the 4 clothing mods).

Did you fully redownload physical attributes? Like I would expect to see this with the old version of physical attributes and the new version of CBO. 

Either way here is the current breast gene uncompressed delete the breast gene present in CBO (and physical attributes if you use it can't quite recall if you were using that too) and replace it with this. As long as you aren't running another mod that overwrites breast gene (which I know you aren't, just specifying for clarity) there's absolutely no reason why it wouldn't work after that unless there's some sort of paradox software error with the way your game is adding mods.

breast gene.txt

3 hours ago, luffyboy said:

@Mange2020 two things i would like to ask

1. Is it be possible to have the physical attributes scale according to age for children-teenagers for a future update?

Not being pedo or anything but it would be nice to know what the physical features would be for future heirs and their bethrothed. Also its a bit jarring to suddenly see 18 year olds suddenly morph into their adult shape.

Looking at the code instead of setting size to 50 if actor is not an adult, how about for every year below the age of 18 down to 12, the physical attribute for breast/penis is reduced by 12%, (so for example breast size of an actor at 16 years old would be 76% of the intended breast size when she reaches adult or a 12 year old would have 28% the size of her intended adult size). 

2. Is it possible to add an event that serves as a simple catch-all which would forcefully run the process of adding the physical attributes and preferences (from coitus animatus) on the targeted actor. 

Right now random newly generated characters dont immediately run the script to assign attributes. I made a custom mod that generates random characters (recruitment or capture in sieges/raids) and am having trouble making that have their physical attributes sorted when they appear for the first time.

So as to
1. Yeah I understand it's jarring have someone suddenly transform at 18, but that shouldn't be happening. The base game uses age_presets, and my mod leaves this system undisturbed. Essentially the character's attributes are modified by a percentage based on their age. The age does only calculate in integers so it does jump up at each birthday every year. This is the same way getting older works too btw, so maybe that's what they are seeing. As to the physical attributes numbers there's probably a way to display that info, it just feels creepy to have it right out there when a character is young, so I hide the info. I'll add something if I can think of a way to display it that wouldn't feel weird. 

2. As to 2 well damn, that's a good idea. Probably a character interaction. It would fix, how I get a bunch of comments from people who think those mods are broken because they add the mod and then don't give it time to set up. But yeah newly added characters don't have variables assigned immediately because there's no on_action to do it automatically. Just for reference until I get around to adding your character interaction idea, right now I just have it set to an annual pulse, when a guest goes from the pool to a court, and at the beginning of a game. 

1 hour ago, LtGreen said:

Hello, I'm probably dumb, I've searched in all this topic and did everything but the animation just doesn't play, I changed the flag in the carn_example_sex_scene_event.txt (copied from the mod to not miss anything) but it seems that I'm missing something ?

You shouldn't have to change any flag. This mod needs to be below Carnalitas in the load order.

2 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

Did you fully redownload physical attributes? Like I would expect to see this with the old version of physical attributes and the new version of CBO. 

Either way here is the current breast gene uncompressed delete the breast gene present in CBO (and physical attributes if you use it can't quite recall if you were using that too) and replace it with this. As long as you aren't running another mod that overwrites breast gene (which I know you aren't, just specifying for clarity) there's absolutely no reason why it wouldn't work after that unless there's some sort of paradox software error with the way your game is adding mods.

breast gene.txt 25.45 kB · 1 download

Okay so after redownloading both CBO and PA fresh. Breasts now seem to work. I'm guessing the breast gene file got goofed on the PA download. Very frustrating to know my problems would have been solved by a simple redownload but oh well, now we know.

If you are examining this mod to add it to your playlists, I have just finished assessing which Loverslab mods it is compatible with and which it is not.

These five mods are compatible with:

Carnalitas

Carnalitas Mundi

Carnalitas Dei

Carnalitas Damnatio

Carnalitas Arousal Framework

Carnal Consequences

Carnalitas- Historical Slavery Doctrines

Sex Slaves for Carnalitas

Adroit Religion

Adroit Religion- Custom Christianity

DWToska

Intimate Encounters

Nude Outfit

Viriginalis

Female Nudism

Prostitution Tweaks

Disrobed Ruler Designer

Earthly Desires**

**Compatibility with Earthly Desires requires deletion of specific gfx files related to models

It is NOT compatible with any of the Simple series of nude bodies:

Simple Slits

Simple Shafts

Simple Shafts for Her

Simple Shafts-Carnalitas

Edited by dorkmax
On 8/21/2021 at 10:37 PM, Mange2020 said:

So the ruler designer problem isn't really a "problem" it's expected behavior. This is why I added debug interactions so that you can set a character's attributes after you create them.

This is the technical explaination so no worries if all you needed was the above answer. Basically I needed to be able to reference a character's gene strength in the game's scripting system but as far as I know there is no way to call it. There is a second coding system used by the game's gui set up where you can call the character's gene strength but its not as user friendly and I can't do the things with it that I want. 

So since I can't reference the character's gene strength, instead I go the other way around. I set a variable that then changes the way the character looks. But that means my variables completely overwrite the way the base game determines character looks. I would like to be able to directly seed the variable from what you pick on the slider but I haven't figured out how to do it and don't know if its possible. So in your character creation you can make the face look like you want an all the other stuff. But when it comes to butt size, penis size, or breast size you can just set it in game with the debug interactions.

I am sorry to bother you once again but I've started a new Ironman run and used the Ruler Designer to create my character. At game start when all physical attributes are seeded I do not get values for height, weight and penis size. I understand that's why you pointed me to the debug mode. Still, it's not possible to set the values via the debug interactions. I believe this is due to the fact that in "debug_body_shape_interactions.txt" there is an entry that reads: 'scope:recipient = { has_variable = height_genetic }'. Seems this is a prerequisite to be able to change the values but as my character doesn't have that it's not possible to edit it...

Or am I doing something wrong? All characters that have been seeded correctly with values for height, weight etc. have the debug interactions you mentioned (on right-clicking them) but my ruler does not. Is there a solution to this?

Thanks in advance for a short answer! Loving your mod! ;)

Edit:

The problem is solved. Seems as if there are certain triggers that distribute random values whenever something special occurs (a birthday?). So now I have my genetic values and can change them! :)

Edited by hoover2701

Hi everyone, I have downloaded the 5 files of the mod and installed them, they even appear in the launcher, however the game does not detect it once in the game. The same thing happened to me with Carnalitas, but I solved it by changing the path of a file as someone told me. Does something similar happen to someone?

On 8/8/2021 at 6:56 AM, bklib said:

image.png.dae2f27b81719490c846c02314cd2347.png

Was screwing around with the files to make a cuckquean scene with a big-titted futa wife. This is a cool mod once you figure it out. They're both pregnant with his kid, the one on her knees is a concubine. Do you think it'd be possible to make it so that futanari women can have balls/be castrated too? Don't get rid of the vaginas though.

How do you get three portraits in the event window? As far as I know you only have two slots available, left_portrait and right_portrait and unless I misunderstood the couple having oral sex take up both the available slots.

This may sound odd, but the only new things in my newest playthough are the updated version of this and carnalitas.  It doesn't seems like anything in the latter from what I have been able to find.  Is there something in the new version of this that could cause characters to randomly get the Malnourished modifier?

I thought it was coincidence at first, but I keep finding NPCs/vassals etc who have Malnourished for no apparent reason, it definitely is a lot more I've seen before.

It also seems to happen to two characters that are married often.

Edited by DecaySociety
new info