[mod] Character Body Overhaul

Clothing mods are not recommended? Got it. Also does the game crash for those trying to use portrait editor?

Update: The crash was cause by the clothing mods. Also, I notice that any changes made in the editor does reflect in-game. Example, I change the butt size of a character in portrait editor. When I activate the debug mode and go the debug butt size menu; it does reflect the change that was made.

Edited by sagimine1

I am currently running CK3 v1.3 Corvus.

I have CBO v1.5

My problem is that this mod is causing problems.

1. Whenever a window pops up, whether it is a sex animation or one of the vanilla things (such as you overhearing two people arguing) I get really bad lag.

2. My error.log file grows to gigabytes size after an hour or two of game play.

It is this mod because I have tried various combinations of mods, with and without this mod.

If anyone has any ideas I'm listening.

I could update CK4 but that would impact at least one of my other mods though I should recheck that.

The only idea I have is to role back CBO to a version that worked with CK3 1.3 but there doesn't appear to be one available if such a beast ever existed. If it did and someone has it could they please PM it to me or if that is too large then at least everything except the gfx folder?

Thanks.

Edit: I'm also getting the same gigabytes size error.log with Coetus Anima by the same author. No lag but it is a much smaller mod than CBO.

Edit 2:

Just updated to CK3 v1.4.4 and the problem with CBO and CA is still there. Am I the only person having this problem?

Edited by Grey Cloud

I don't understand how is it possible that some of you have no problems with running these mods together with EPE and CFP, whenever I run but only 1 of them at the same time as this, most Christian rulers are naked, while non-Christians are mostly clothed (like Norse Pagans, Muslims...). I tried putting CBO at the bottom of load order but the issue still persists. It's a shame because these mods add so much flavor but I can only run Physical attributes because seeing everyone naked all the time quickly gets boring, and honestly I would rather have EPE and CFP than this. 

2 hours ago, Oxidus999 said:

I don't understand how is it possible that some of you have no problems with running these mods together with EPE and CFP, whenever I run but only 1 of them at the same time as this, most Christian rulers are naked, while non-Christians are mostly clothed (like Norse Pagans, Muslims...). I tried putting CBO at the bottom of load order but the issue still persists. It's a shame because these mods add so much flavor but I can only run Physical attributes because seeing everyone naked all the time quickly gets boring, and honestly I would rather have EPE and CFP than this. 

I run CBO (without Physical attributes and Coetus Anima) but with Community Flavor Pack in I.4 and have no problems.

I load CFP after CBO and before FullScreenBarbershop.

1 hour ago, cinco4312 said:

Not really getting any of the different body shapes - just ck3 stuff even after I changed the mod descriptor names. It was working pre patch. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Did you try following this? Why did you change the mod descriptor names? Are you testing without any other mods loaded?

7 minutes ago, fdldfsgkjhsdfgkjhsdfg said:

Is there a way to have the animation without changing the bodies? I just prefer the vanilla body types.

Yes, don't use Physical Attributes and CA. Just CBO. In CBO you need to tweak the breast files to get back to less extreme sizes. How to do this is explained higher up in this thread.

19 hours ago, joemann said:

How to do this is explained higher up in this thread.

To a certain degree. I find much of the advice not very helpful or confusing.

For example, taken from posts here:

To get back to relatively vanilla breast shapes, replace every instance of

setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_2_max" value = { min = -0.5 max = 0.5 }  age = age_preset_puberty }

with setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_2_max" value = { min = -0.2 max = 0.2 }  age = age_preset_puberty }

Test it out using the "pe" or "portrait_editor" console command and see if the scale is to your liking.

Personally I use min = 0 and max = 0.25 to get a bigger range than vanilla without getting ridiculous. Body shapes/types, fat and pregnancy add to the size, so I like to leave some leeway.., and it makes the average breasts actually average (vanilla's are a bit too small at 50%).

I also change every instance of

setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_min" value = { min = 1.0 max = -1.0 } age = age_preset_puberty  }

to

setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_min" value = { min = 1.0 max = -4.0 } age = age_preset_puberty  }

First it doesn't say which file you are supposed to edit. Second I did manage to find this part - bs_body_breast_size_min" value = { min = 1.0 max = -1.0 } age = age_preset_puberty  }  in the breast gene.txt file. I could not find this part - bs_body_breast_size_2_max" value = { min = -0.2 max = 0.2 }  age = age_preset_puberty }

Then there was this post:

Change every instance of
            setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_2_max" value = { min = -0.5 max = 0.5 }  age = age_preset_puberty }
to
            setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_max" value = { min = -0.5 max = 0.5 }  age = age_preset_puberty }

Again no mention of which file. The first example is changing the values in the file while the second example is changing the name of the attribute(?), i.e. "size_2_max" becomes "size_max".

45 minutes ago, Eagleman said:

Is there any chance to become this mod without the Bodychancing Stuff? I mean i don't like this Big Breast and more. More the Normal stuff from the game.

this has been answered multiple times and was answered in extensive detail in the post directly before yours (which was posted 30 minutes before you asked this)

1 hour ago, Frigate19 said:

this has been answered multiple times and was answered in extensive detail in the post directly before yours (which was posted 30 minutes before you asked this)

I know this might sound like nitpicking, but I would prefer not body changing mod as well, it's nice that there are poses animation shenanigans going on, but arbitrary body shape changes being a dependency just so people can have animations sounds like feature creep. Ie I think it should be 2 separate mods, one that changes the skeleton for poses and animations and other that includes the body changes. (in case I sound like I dislike the mod, I don't. I like it and I'm just stating my opinion)

3 hours ago, Frigate19 said:

If you mean my post it is a criticism not a guide.

2 hours ago, rhipeen said:

I know this might sound like nitpicking, but I would prefer not body changing mod as well, it's nice that there are poses animation shenanigans going on, but arbitrary body shape changes being a dependency just so people can have animations sounds like feature creep. Ie I think it should be 2 separate mods, one that changes the skeleton for poses and animations and other that includes the body changes. (in case I sound like I dislike the mod, I don't. I like it and I'm just stating my opinion)

I couldn't agree more. Everything about CBO and it's clothing mods is overly complicated and plain unintuitive. I mean everything from the ridiculous naming convention used on the mod archives - .zip inside .zip but it's not a zip. The four mods needed for the clothes. The body overhaul mod which requires the physical attributes mod (or does it?). The stupidly over-sized breasts and butts.

Maybe it is just me because I've been spoiled by the quality and quantity of the mods available for Skyrim. ?‍♂️

Edited by Grey Cloud
7 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

If you mean my post it is a criticism not a guide.

Oops. That's what happens when I open a thread and skim it for 15 seconds before I decide to write a reply lol. 

As for the mod itself, it is indeed pretty unintuitive and I have spent an unreasonable amount of time tweaking config files to get it to work to my liking. But Mange's collection as a whole has a lot of potential. It's just a shame he goes MIA pretty frequently

15 hours ago, Frigate19 said:

I have spent an unreasonable amount of time tweaking config files to get it to work to my liking

I can understand and sympathise with that. My problem is that I'm still trying to find out exactly which files need to be edited and which lines in the files. I'll be happy to do the trial and error to get things how I like them.

Edited by Grey Cloud
8 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

I can understand and sympathise with that. My problem is that I'm still trying to find out which exactly which files need to be edited and which lines in the files. I'll be happy to do the trial and error to get things how I like them.

I'm probably not the best person to explain this, but the lines you quoted earlier are referring to the breast gene.txt file in cbo>common>genes. I believe the reason you could not find the "bs_body_breast_size_2_max" value is because this is from an older version of the mod. Since then, Mange has added several new breast shapes and the file is structured a little differently. That's another nitpick I have, is that I can't find a detailed changelog of all previous versions. With the current version of the mod, the file is split into several sections for different bust shapes, which themselves are a combination of different morphs. Also, before you read the rest of the post you should know that the physical attributes mod gives you an easier way to change the range of breast and butt sizes you see in the game. So you might just want to skip to the last paragraph.

As I understand it, each character is given a value between 0 and 1 for each gene (ie the bust gene). Each character also has a mix of the different bust types (I think). Either way, the "min" and "max" numbers in this file are the actual physical result that you see in the game for a gene strength value of 0 and 1 respectively. They set the range of in-game morph values that get assigned to a character based on that character's gene value. So "bs_body_breast_size_max" value = { min = 0 max = 1.0 } will apply 0 of Mange's morph if the gene strength is 0 and it will apply the maximum morph if the gene strength is 1. Going below 0 or above 1 has no further effect on the morph, but it does allow you to modify how the gene is applied (which I guess is useful for some circumstances). For example, a range of -1 to 1 will apply no morph at all for a gene strength between 0 and 0.5 and then once the gene strength hits 0.5 the morph will start to take effect. And a range of 0 to 3 means that the morph will max out if the gene strength is 0.33 and a higher gene strength has no further effect.

That being said, I honestly don't know what the practical differences are between the "bs_body_breast_size_min" and "bs_body_breast_size_max" lines are. Sorry lol. I know it is possible to change the range of appearances using these gene files, but I don't know how exactly to get everything back to a vanilla-like state.

It gets more complicated, because the file "00_ethnicities_templates" in cbo>common>ethnicities sets the distribution for the gene strength values. So you can also probably modify the range of appearances in your game by going to this file by finding the "gene_bs_bust" and "gene_bs_butt_size" and changing the shape/range of the bell curves. I haven't done this myself, but if you wanted to cut down on the exaggerated features this might be the best place to do it if you're just running the cbo mod.

Here's what I did though: if you also have the physical attributes mod you can go to common>script_values and open the "default physical values" file and change the "max range" number for the breast and butt lines. This is probably the easiest way to accomplish this overall. I haven't actually changed mine all that much from the mod defaults so I could be making this up entirely and I just haven't noticed (I think I'm right though and I think I have noticed an actual difference in the game)

5 hours ago, Frigate19 said:

if you also have the physical attributes mod you can go to common>script_values and open the "default physical values" file and change the "max range" number for the breast and butt lines

Sorry, I don't think you have that right. To me those are just seeding parameters.

I altered the max values of breasts by reducing from 50 to 5 and 100 to 10 for seed 1 and seed 2. Started another new game but didn't notice any 'small' breasts or even any general reduction of sizes. I still saw some whoppers though especially when clothed (some of them seemed to be larger - so large the arms are clipping).

can someone help me why these animation bugged like this?? at first the animation worked fine until i added DWToska, Submissive partner, and random sex generator. After that i got this animation bug, so i disable those mod but the bug still persist :(

(Edit: Yes, the Toggle icon doesnt work either)

Capture.PNG

Edited by lilkiya

Some general yips:

The click icon thing no longer works - it was for an earlier version.

Start a new game when you remove mods for testing/fault finding.

Make sure you have all the requirements for all the mods.

Try changing the load order of the mods.

This is my LO.

Character Body Overhaul
Character Body Overhaul Clothes 1
Character Body Overhaul Clothes 2
Character Body Overhaul Clothes 3
Character Body Overhaul Clothes 4
CK3 Human Phenotype Project
Carnalitas
Physical Attributes
CBO Animations Pack
Coetus Anima

Regula Magistri
Stress reducer
Water-of-Life
Fair Ladies
Become Heresiarch

The highlighted mods are the ones which produce the working animations.