[mod] Character Body Overhaul

are there any other mods that's a requirement for this one? i've been testing and playing this mod with Carnalitas variations etc. but it doesn't seem to effect the game's itself. i can't see anything related to this mod in-game. though i've had a similar problem with Carnalitas, which was my special characterised user/ name making up. i wonder, is it the same issue with body overhaul? and what's the load order for it? compatibility problems?

I'm not too sure what happened but CK3 cannot recognize your descriptor file. I compared both the .mod and descriptor.mod files with working mods and couldn't find any typos, but still, according to the game, your descriptor file is invalid or doesn't exist. All the paths are right as well, though it was a little confusing because there was an extra folder that housed the .mod and the actual mod folder. Either way the game still didn't recognize it after I got rid of that extra folder.

Hey Mange great mod! Just a quick question. Is there any way to edit the code to where only male portraits' muscles are affected by prowess and not females? I've edited the code to the best of my ability that completely blocks muscle growth from prowess for everyone but I just don't like it on the female portraits.

On 7/31/2021 at 9:56 PM, Mange2020 said:

Assuming by average basic you mean the average in the base game and "doubled max" you mean fucking huge.

setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_2_max" value = { min = 0.0 max = 0.9 }  age = age_preset_puberty }

delete the line that says bs_body_breast_size_min

90% ie 0.9

OK, I think I've messed something up that didn't really show until I tried to combine it with Carnalitas.  I might have misread.  Do I change all of the bs_body_breast_size_2_max" to min 0.0 make 0.9 or do I just change the ones that are the default -0.5 for both min and max?

And I'm wondering if I deleted a bit I shouldn't have as well when I deleted the size_min line.  What would be the effect of not deleting that?

I also just noticed that now all the genitals are missing on the male characters as well, and a lot of the values for hips/butts etc seem to be going to zero as well.  Something's messed up.

Sorry, it's a great mod.  I'm just not used to going into things like this and changing it.  Thanks for all your hard work on it.

Edit, I re-installed the new version, and I think I have some of that fixed when using the new one, though if I try to set the old one for older saves, it still has all the issues.

On the new one, I'm getting the "someone standing on their shoulders" double-person glitch on  all the scenes and menus and clicking on the icon does not fix it.  Not sure how to fix that one, but I know it's been seen here before.   Could probably at least get a new game to work somewhat if I could get that fixed.  Then I could work on the older saves.

Edit: Fixed that problem.  Only thing I can't seem to do on the new version is set it to double.  Not sure what to do about getting the previous version to work on the rolled-back saves that I was using before.

Still working on it all.

Edited by DecaySociety
fixed some problem on new one, but new issue
On 8/14/2021 at 3:11 AM, Tyrgalon said:

When it comes to the clothes do you have all 4 of the mods in the mod folder and are they merged? Cause if they're merged they won't work. Also you have to make sure the clothing mods are BELOW the actual overhaul. 
With the breasts I am also experiencing the same issue. I've been mixing and matching mods and changing the order like mad but I have yet to figure out what the issue is.

18 hours ago, assassin394 said:

Sorry. This is the first time I try to manual install mods for Paradox games. Usually I just subscribed it from steam workshop. How do I install these files? Do I need to extract it? Where do I copy it to?

For this particular mod you have to extract all 5 of the files in the Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings III/mod folder. Make sure each mod has it's respective folder and .mod file in the /mod folder itself. Should look something like this (The ugc_ files you see are your steam workshop mods).

sdagasgsdgaasdggasdasdgsdgaasdgsdgsadgsdg.png

On 8/15/2021 at 12:59 AM, DecaySociety said:

OK, I think I've messed something up that didn't really show until I tried to combine it with Carnalitas.  I might have misread.  Do I change all of the bs_body_breast_size_2_max" to min 0.0 make 0.9 or do I just change the ones that are the default -0.5 for both min and max?

And I'm wondering if I deleted a bit I shouldn't have as well when I deleted the size_min line.  What would be the effect of not deleting that?

I also just noticed that now all the genitals are missing on the male characters as well, and a lot of the values for hips/butts etc seem to be going to zero as well.  Something's messed up.

Sorry, it's a great mod.  I'm just not used to going into things like this and changing it.  Thanks for all your hard work on it.

Edit, I re-installed the new version, and I think I have some of that fixed when using the new one, though if I try to set the old one for older saves, it still has all the issues.

On the new one, I'm getting the "someone standing on their shoulders" double-person glitch on  all the scenes and menus and clicking on the icon does not fix it.  Not sure how to fix that one, but I know it's been seen here before.   Could probably at least get a new game to work somewhat if I could get that fixed.  Then I could work on the older saves.

Edit: Fixed that problem.  Only thing I can't seem to do on the new version is set it to double.  Not sure what to do about getting the previous version to work on the rolled-back saves that I was using before.

Still working on it all.

Yeah I had to reduce max sizes to make it easier to update new clothing. 

23 hours ago, MaxBiggy said:

Just curious. Most characters are nude after installing this mod. The body it self is good, but is there some way to force people in europe atleast get dressed :D .  Dosn't seem to affect other culture to that degree.

Do you have other clothing mods?

On 8/15/2021 at 2:01 PM, Zedog909 said:

Every time i initiate an sex action one ofp2.png.404142afd42c97f65e5be05b71e5e508.png this 2 buggs happens. Can somoene help me ?

p1.png

Top one is 17, so that's not meant to show anything for reasons that should be obvious. But I'm thinking you downloaded. Sex event window. Which is out of date and not a thing I'm updating anymore.

On 8/14/2021 at 4:11 AM, Tyrgalon said:

The clothing issue is what happens when the game tries to use a blendshape on a model that doesn't have a matching UV. Its a mod conflict. The size issue is the result of Character Body Overhaul being higher than physical attributes in load order. 

To put it simply character body overhauls breast size gene is split in half

0.5 is the base model. 1 is maximum breast size. 0 is minimum

But this is uneven. since the base model is on the smaller side. 

In physical attributes its changed

0 is still minimum and 1 is maximum but the base model is somewhere around 0.2

This creates a more even distribution.

For clarification though there is currently an error in the script values for physical attributes. I'm pretty busy and haven't gotten around to fixing it. It has to do with adjustments to breast and butt sizes due to weight. I messed up a decimal point. which means -20 becomes -.2 Only should effect underweight characters though.

Edited by Mange2020
On 8/15/2021 at 5:46 PM, HistoryNerd731 said:

When it comes to the clothes do you have all 4 of the mods in the mod folder and are they merged? Cause if they're merged they won't work. Also you have to make sure the clothing mods are BELOW the actual overhaul. 
With the breasts I am also experiencing the same issue. I've been mixing and matching mods and changing the order like mad but I have yet to figure out what the issue is.

For this particular mod you have to extract all 5 of the files in the Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings III/mod folder. Make sure each mod has it's respective folder and .mod file in the /mod folder itself. Should look something like this (The ugc_ files you see are your steam workshop mods).

sdagasgsdgaasdggasdasdgsdgaasdgsdgsadgsdg.png

To clarify, they can* be merged you just have to do it right. And that creates so many issues I've long since given up on walking people through. Honestly paradoxes folders and subfolders don't make sense half the time. 

3 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

The clothing issue is what happens when the game tries to use a blendshape on a model that doesn't have a matching UV. Its a mod conflict. The size issue is the result of Character Body Overhaul being higher than physical attributes in load order. 

To put it simply character body overhauls breast size gene is split in half

0.5 is the base model. 1 is maximum breast size. 0 is minimum

But this is uneven. since the base model is on the smaller side. 

In physical attributes its changed

0 is still minimum and 1 is maximum but the base model is somewhere around 0.2

This creates a more even distribution.

For clarification though there is currently an error in the script values for physical attributes. I'm pretty busy and haven't gotten around to fixing it. It has to do with adjustments to breast and butt sizes due to weight. I messed up a decimal point. which means -20 becomes -.2 Only should effect underweight characters though.

I've looked and I have Physical Attributes higher than CBO but I am still having the issue of all breasts being about the same size and on the smaller side. It even effects characters that are overweight (gluttonous, drunkard, etc.)

1 hour ago, HistoryNerd731 said:

I've looked and I have Physical Attributes higher than CBO but I am still having the issue of all breasts being about the same size and on the smaller side. It even effects characters that are overweight (gluttonous, drunkard, etc.)

That's a different issue. I tried to make bigger breasts rarer, but have them still exist. That's not so much an error issue as a preference thing.

3 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

That's a different issue. I tried to make bigger breasts rarer, but have them still exist. That's not so much an error issue as a preference thing.

Well the main issue is that breast size D looks like breast size H+. I get making bigger breasts rarer but it seems to make them nonexistant. Even when I change the breats size with the console the actual change is barely noticeable. Even if I make the breast size 70+ they tend to look similar to size 30-40. I'm not seeking to have alot of big tits but I'm wanting them to be there in the first place. 

In this screenshot are all women from the 1066 start with breasts ranging from C-J and they all look about the same size.
20210818003643_1.jpg.58e79e7d1d8fe4dd8a6ecaa55169a52b.jpg

2 hours ago, HistoryNerd731 said:

Well the main issue is that breast size D looks like breast size H+. I get making bigger breasts rarer but it seems to make them nonexistant. Even when I change the breats size with the console the actual change is barely noticeable. Even if I make the breast size 70+ they tend to look similar to size 30-40. I'm not seeking to have alot of big tits but I'm wanting them to be there in the first place. 

In this screenshot are all women from the 1066 start with breasts ranging from C-J and they all look about the same size.
20210818003643_1.jpg.58e79e7d1d8fe4dd8a6ecaa55169a52b.jpg

Yeah so now I would say look for a mod conflict. Anything that might change the breast gene. Look at your error log.

Regarding boob size, what others show is the left half of the slider for me. After that boobs can become pretty big. Then again, I can select a bust shape, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do have an issue with how it is at the moment though, because even with the slider in the middle boobs look somewhat small, so there's lots of room for flat to small sizes, but it's difficult to get a specific larger size because even small slider movements have huge effects. That's probably subject to taste though.

Spoiler

image.png.38ad2bd0e82d37d3ff2d0e3f6497890a.png

PS: even though I tried with large boobs in the character creation, in the barber shop they are small again. The character got auto-assigned a flat tits trait though, yet 34DDD should look different methinks.

Spoiler

image.png.7e96c69fead32d6ea52a3d08480aaa02.png

Edited by nugerumon

Just wanted to chime in and give further feedback on the rather small breast sizes when using CBO and PA together. :)

If I run 'Character Body Overhaul' without 'Physical Attributes' I get a lot (well enough) women with rather large breasts. If I use both mods the results look as pictured above by HistoryNerd731. There just doesn't seem to be that great variety... If I use the Ruler Designer I can create huge breasts and they are also visible in the Fullscreen Barbershop in the game. The characters generated with the Ruler Designer don't have any Physical Attributes though (only 'weight: 40' can be seen) . Seems they are not part of the seed or rather the physical attributes I design in the Ruler Designer are not 'translated' into 'Physical Attributes' at game start.

Apart from that I wanted to tell you that your efforts are fantastic and I hope you keep up your dedication to this. Thanks a lot!

Edit:

I got the breast sizes to work. As Mange2020 mentioned the breast_gene.txt earlier I made a search in the mod folder. The only two mods modifying that file were CBO and PA... I compared them using WinMerge (great tool) and found they were different so I simply switched the load order. Now 'Character Body Overhaul' is loaded before 'Physical Attributes' and the women have breasts that correspond to their bust sizes (as far as I am an expert on those things).

The Ruler Designer-problem still persists though. Would be nice if you could have a look at that. :)

Edited by hoover2701
thinking
2 hours ago, hoover2701 said:

Just wanted to chime in and give further feedback on the rather small breast sizes when using CBO and PA together. :)

If I run 'Character Body Overhaul' without 'Physical Attributes' I get a lot (well enough) women with rather large breasts. If I use both mods the results look as pictured above by HistoryNerd731. There just doesn't seem to be that great variety... If I use the Ruler Designer I can create huge breasts and they are also visible in the Fullscreen Barbershop in the game. The characters generated with the Ruler Designer don't have any Physical Attributes though (only 'weight: 40' can be seen) . Seems they are not part of the seed or rather the physical attributes I design in the Ruler Designer are not 'translated' into 'Physical Attributes' at game start.

Apart from that I wanted to tell you that your efforts are fantastic and I hope you keep up your dedication to this. Thanks a lot!

Edit:

I got the breast sizes to work. As Mange2020 mentioned the breast_gene.txt earlier I made a search in the mod folder. The only two mods modifying that file were CBO and PA... I compared them using WinMerge (great tool) and found they were different so I simply switched the load order. Now 'Character Body Overhaul' is loaded before 'Physical Attributes' and the women have breasts that correspond to their bust sizes (as far as I am an expert on those things).

The Ruler Designer-problem still persists though. Would be nice if you could have a look at that. :)

Odd, because no matter what load order I use, the problem still persists and I don't even get the bust types like nugerumon has in their screenshots. Are you just using CBO and PA? Or do you have Coetis Anima as well? Or are you running it along side other mods aswell?

I also want to echo the sentiment towards Mange2020 and their mods. I love these mods and I admire Mange actually talking with the folks here and trying to help get the mod to work for everybody.