[mod] Character Body Overhaul

On 7/19/2021 at 3:16 AM, MyPersonalHarem said:

I put these in the correct places and all of the correct scenes are being called, but my character still just stares off into space and the animation doesn't play. Any idea what the problem could be? It still plays the default animation correctly if I don't mess with those files.

On 7/24/2021 at 12:52 PM, GDG said:

Any realistic chance of getting this compatible with community flavors? 

Just asking ;)

Definitely eventually. No idea how long it will take. I remade all the body models because I'm much better at it then I was when I first made this mod, aiming to make it easier to make new clothing compatible. Currently going through making all the base game's clothing compatible again. I don't know how many models I will actually have to edit to make it work since community flavors has a lot of reskins that look like new models at first, so I will be able to skip a bunch.

On 7/23/2021 at 4:47 AM, yeti8080 said:

Trying this mod for the first time. Enslaved a guy and used the "Make love" option, but I didn't see any animations. I'm guessing that there's no gay sex with this mod yet?

No, there have been gay sex animations from when I first uploaded the mod. But you have to code it into an event for it to work and it seems like most people are confused how to code them because unlike with hetero sex you need to code the animations with different names. So 
for the top
animation = sex

for the bottom

animation = hom_sex

That said these animations are really bad, I haven't changed them since I first uploaded the mod, so I wasn't as good at animating. New versions will be included with the next update, and I'll include a recoded Carnalitas example scene (I tried to minimize mod conflicts for compatibility reasons but requiring people to code it themselves just leads to confusion)

2 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

No, there have been gay sex animations from when I first uploaded the mod. But you have to code it into an event for it to work and it seems like most people are confused how to code them because unlike with hetero sex you need to code the animations with different names. So 
for the top
animation = sex

for the bottom

animation = hom_sex

That said these animations are really bad, I haven't changed them since I first uploaded the mod, so I wasn't as good at animating. New versions will be included with the next update, and I'll include a recoded Carnalitas example scene (I tried to minimize mod conflicts for compatibility reasons but requiring people to code it themselves just leads to confusion)

You think we will ever get a whicked whims style animation system for ck3 or is it way too complex for it to be done?

On 7/26/2021 at 4:03 AM, Frigate19 said:

I put these in the correct places and all of the correct scenes are being called, but my character still just stares off into space and the animation doesn't play. Any idea what the problem could be? It still plays the default animation correctly if I don't mess with those files.

Have you tried the button on the top left to switch between pdx and manges portraits? Otherwise maybe a mod conflict or load order conflict?

My mods are in this order: Carnalitas, phys. attributes, coetus anima, and lastly this mod. A bunch of steam mods before carnalitas too but not listed here.

20 hours ago, Ginzeen5 said:

You think we will ever get a whicked whims style animation system for ck3 or is it way too complex for it to be done?

I mean that was the goal, but obviously something more directed toward the way CK3 is played. So you need to set up a system that can fit within a normal game where having the animations play makes sense. That's what Coetus Anima is meant to do, but up to this point all I've managed with that is to create a basic system where sex and pregnancy is actually a thing that happens instead of just monthly pregnancy rolls like in the base game. And also there would need to be more people actually coming out with animations. I suspect not too many people who mod paradox games know anything about modelling and animating, I didn't before trying this. No other paradox games even have full 3d models (imperator just has busts without bodies). I've interacted with some people who have tried animating a bit, which is awesome but thus far no one's uploaded anything. 

1 hour ago, Mange2020 said:

I mean that was the goal, but obviously something more directed toward the way CK3 is played. So you need to set up a system that can fit within a normal game where having the animations play makes sense. That's what Coetus Anima is meant to do, but up to this point all I've managed with that is to create a basic system where sex and pregnancy is actually a thing that happens instead of just monthly pregnancy rolls like in the base game. And also there would need to be more people actually coming out with animations. I suspect not too many people who mod paradox games know anything about modelling and animating, I didn't before trying this. No other paradox games even have full 3d models (imperator just has busts without bodies). I've interacted with some people who have tried animating a bit, which is awesome but thus far no one's uploaded anything. 

Few days ago someone of steam workshop made a mod with throneroom and custom kneeling animation where npc goes from standing to kneeling, I think that after the upcoming dlc comes out there might be more stuff like that getting created

22 hours ago, MyPersonalHarem said:

Have you tried the button on the top left to switch between pdx and manges portraits? Otherwise maybe a mod conflict or load order conflict?

My mods are in this order: Carnalitas, phys. attributes, coetus anima, and lastly this mod. A bunch of steam mods before carnalitas too but not listed here.

Thanks. It was the load order. I had phys attributes and coetus anima after the body overhaul before. Now it works.

I'm trying to check my math here, before finally giving up on tweaking this to the way I want because I cannot figure out the frickin' match.  Arrgh Sigh.

I am trying to get it to where the minimum is around the average basic and the max to approx 90% of the author's doubled max.

setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_2_max" value = { min = -0.3 max = 3.9 }  age = age_preset_puberty }

setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_min" value = { min = 0.3 max = -3.9 } age = age_preset_puberty  }

Is that setting right, or, if not, what have I actually done with it so that I can try to figure out how to actually get it to the numbers I want by comparing the math?  Does *anyone* know?

Thanks

10 hours ago, DecaySociety said:

I'm trying to check my math here, before finally giving up on tweaking this to the way I want because I cannot figure out the frickin' match.  Arrgh Sigh.

I am trying to get it to where the minimum is around the average basic and the max to approx 90% of the author's doubled max.

setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_2_max" value = { min = -0.3 max = 3.9 }  age = age_preset_puberty }

setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_min" value = { min = 0.3 max = -3.9 } age = age_preset_puberty  }

Is that setting right, or, if not, what have I actually done with it so that I can try to figure out how to actually get it to the numbers I want by comparing the math?  Does *anyone* know?

Thanks

Assuming by average basic you mean the average in the base game and "doubled max" you mean fucking huge.

setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_2_max" value = { min = 0.0 max = 0.9 }  age = age_preset_puberty }

delete the line that says bs_body_breast_size_min

90% ie 0.9

Hi

I have few questions.

After installing your mod and Carnalitas, what else do i need to do before play CK3?

I saw desc. in the bottom, how to use it and is it neccesary?

Below is how you would code it into the Carnalitas example sex scene. You can however code it into any event you want if you use the proper scopes.

left_portrait = {
        character = scope:carn_sex_player
        outfit_tags = { no_cloak no_hat no_pants no_clothes }
        animation = sex
    }
    right_portrait = {
        character = scope:carn_sex_target
        outfit_tags = { no_cloak no_hat no_pants no_clothes }
        animation = sex

}

Other sex animations you can use. Simply replace "animation = sex" in the above example with "animation = *any of the below tags*" 

sex_missionary
sex_cowgirl
sex_reverse_cowgirl
sex_standing_doggy
sex_standing

20 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

Assuming by average basic you mean the average in the base game and "doubled max" you mean fucking huge.

setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_2_max" value = { min = 0.0 max = 0.9 }  age = age_preset_puberty }

delete the line that says bs_body_breast_size_min

90% ie 0.9

OK, thanks a bunch.  I was calculating it wrong.  SHoudl be able to work backwards to anywhere from that.

Hi, im using the mod together with another that adds Anime Style portraits to certain characters.

But i always get this wierd effect.

grafik.png.85d14f603379ee49f46e5462175cc0f1.png

Since the mod works fine alone, there is probably a way to disable the character model for specific portraits.

Can anyone tell me what i need to change to make the mods compatible?

On 8/1/2021 at 6:50 PM, DecaySociety said:

OK, thanks a bunch.  I was calculating it wrong.  SHoudl be able to work backwards to anywhere from that.

OK, working from that I was able to figure out where I was messing it up.  FOr those of you having issues with it, this is how I'm able to look at it and I am not sure if that would help others, but in case:

a) doubled is value 1, the default at 0.5 that is comes with is the non-doubled max.

b) It is not symmetrical.  Minimum essentially is the value below which it is not used, so the value set for the minimum is the upper limit of the lower part of the scale that is not used, while the maximum works as a basic percentage of the doubled max.  So a value of 1 *is* the doubled max, and the default 0.5 is the standard max.

Hopefully that makes it more clear, and not less, but I'm still a bit in the dark overall, but hopefully it helps.