Just tested something I saw with Interaction between this mod and DD / DCL 5.1 (not sure that the versions matter all that much tbh though.) and wanted to bring it to your attention @HexBolt8

I love that you have been updating this mod so aggressively and I enjoy it quite a bit. So I figured you might appreciate this find. Do with it what you please. :) 

It seems that this mod recognizes when the player is already wearing a slave collar, when asking to start this mod, either because the follower prompted the player, or the player "asked about something unusual." (This is good.)

When the mod then says, present yourself to your Master/Mistress... it progresses with the actual Submissive Lola quest. Even if the player has not removed the existing collar. (Again, this is good.)

Here is where things go wrong....

Asking your owner to replace your collar. It happens, without question, and is set to the one specified in the mod. ( Oops! )

Ask to be released from slavery, and assuming you are able to, confirm all the way down.

You have now completed the Submissive Lola quest, returned to the status quo of before you initiated... except your original collar is now gone to the ether. This is bad for example, if that collar was a quest collar, like Rubber Doll, or Slave / Slut / Exhibitionist / etc...

Essentially, without checking to see if the existing collar is a custom device or associated with a quest, (assuming that can be done...) this mod can potentially hard break your quests for DD/DCL.

2 hours ago, shiftbitlogic said:

Asking your owner to replace your collar. It happens, without question, and is set to the one specified in the mod. ( Oops! )

Well, it is your choice, and if you ask to replace the collar, should you be surprised if that happens?  ?  That said, the mod checks for collars that have the devious device "quest" keyword, though if you want to replace a "blocking" collar, that's your business.  For a quest collar, the owner will tell you:

"You're wearing a quest item, but I can't tell until I examine it if it's the collar.

If I can remove the collar, it will be destroyed.  Do you want me to try?"

If you say yes, the owner says "Then I will replace it if I can.  If not, I'll give you a new collar and you can try it."  If the collar indeed has the DD quest keyword, the mod displays the message "The collar is a quest item that cannot be removed", and merely places the new collar in your inventory.  If you choose to replace it on your own (assuming that you can get the quest collar off), that's your choice, but the mod won't do it for you.

Bottom line:  The mod will replace a "blocking" collar if you say you want to replace it, but it won't replace a "quest" collar.

2 hours ago, shiftbitlogic said:

You have now completed the Submissive Lola quest, returned to the status quo of before you initiated... except your original collar is now gone to the ether.

That's unintentional.  Thank you for reporting the problem.  I'll update the script for exiting enslavement so that it will not remove a blocking or quest collar.

3 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Well, it is your choice, and if you ask to replace the collar, should you be surprised if that happens?  ?  That said, the mod checks for collars that have the devious device "quest" keyword, though if you want to replace a "blocking" collar, that's your business.  For a quest collar, the owner will tell you:

"You're wearing a quest item, but I can't tell until I examine it if it's the collar.

If I can remove the collar, it will be destroyed.  Do you want me to try?"

Fantastic explanation. I mean, there is only so much you can do to work with other mods you don't control. And you are absolutely correct, it was not "accidental" that the collar was destroyed, it took quite a bit of active choices on my part. I was just surprised that it worked. :) Admittedly, I was surprised that it noticed the existing collar, but didn't give me these dialogs or something similar. It just... removed it.

I honestly didn't try to see if ending "Submissive Lola" would remove a previous quest collar, but having the extra check wouldn't hurt.

Keep up the good work with this mod.

9 hours ago, Onomatophobia said:

Found out that if you rectuit a follower with "I could use a strong hand like you, but im short on cash" option instead of 500 gold, it wont count as a follower in EFF and SLS.

Not answering your question, but... I've changed my Follower Framework from EFF to NFF and it feels like a different game now. With EFF, Mistress kept standing in the same spot when sending me on the pony girl errand, now with NFF, as she's in an inn, Mistress talks to the people, has a drink - just as you'd expect surroundig-aware sandboxing. And, what made me change the framework, I got rid of that annoying wheel that pops up every time you try to talk to a follower.

@HexBolt8 sometime NFF behaves weird - I've had it a few times that Mistress sent me on an errand, but didn't wait for my return, leaving my service instead. I've set the "wait forever" optin now, and believe that helped.

8 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

sometime NFF behaves weird - I've had it a few times that Mistress sent me on an errand, but didn't wait for my return, leaving my service instead. I've set the "wait forever" optin now, and believe that helped.

I've always used "wait forever" with NFF and never had any trouble, so hopefully you won't see that problem again. 

On 4/30/2021 at 12:30 PM, handsandarrows said:

If you have time, could you look at a post i made by mistake on devious follower thread?

I had previously answered your question, but as a follow-up I was looking at the errors again and I wanted to let you know that one of the messages related to SLTR in your game log suggests that you're using an old version of Devious Devices (older than 4.3).  This mod requires at least DD 4.3, or you'll have missing devices for some Sub Lola quests.

Version 2.0.34

Another small update, but I think that losing a quest or blocking collar at the end of enslavement could be a serious problem, so I'm releasing a fix.  This mod should never remove a collar that has the Devious Devices "quest" keyword, and it will only replace a "blocking" collar if you go out of your way to ask for it to be replaced.

Fixed:  Ending enslavement would remove blocking or quest collars.
- If you're wearing a blocking or quest collar, your owner didn't give it to you, so it won't be removed.

New:  Added handling for "Deviously Helpless" DHLP-Suspend events from other mods.
- Although this isn't a peril mod, it seems better to not start a new event if another mod is trying to assault, imprison, or enslave you.

This mod is very good, but it doesn't like to play nicely with SL events (sex, whipping, etc.) or even itself. I've lost my sub points so many times because my PC was either having sex or bathing or pooping or being whipped and the mod didn't detect that I was simply unable to react and then punished me, thinking I was ignoring the Master's prompts. Just a minute ago I almost had another punishment because just as Master was talking to my PC about not kneeling enough I got the "master wants to talk to you" (or something like that) prompt and couldn't do anything since they were busy already talking to me about another part of this mod. And that's with the newest update too.

EDIT: further problematic events:

- from same mod: when Master activates piercings and my PC has an orgasm, during the animation of her kneeling on the ground cumming her brains out I get punished for not responding to Master even though my controls are blocked since animation

- animations and events from other mods, like Babo Dialogue quest anims

- animations and events from survival mods (RND, Bathing in Skyrim, Pee and Fart, etc.)

2 hours ago, user9120975435 said:

This mod is very good, but it doesn't like to play nicely with SL events (sex, whipping, etc.) or even itself.

Playing nice is a two-way street.  If other mods lock the PC into an animation and don't provide a commonly recognized mechanism for other mods to detect that, then conflicts will occur.  As an example, when the owner whips the PC, this mod places the PC in SexLab's SexLabAnimatingFaction, then removes the PC from the faction afterwards.  The vast majority of SexLab mods check to see if the PC is having sex before starting an event (and those that don't check really should do so), so this mod warns off other mods to stay away while the whipping is taking place.  This mod also checks SexLabAnimatingFaction before starting an event.  However, it's the responsibility of other mods to likewise do their part.  It's a two-way street.

2 hours ago, user9120975435 said:

Just a minute ago I almost had another punishment because just as Master was talking to my PC about not kneeling enough I got the "master wants to talk to you" (or something like that) prompt and couldn't do anything since they were busy already talking to me about another part of this mod.

Although you shouldn't normally have a case where the owner wants to talk to you while you're already talking to the owner, an odd timing issue could conceivably result in that occurring, but this mod handles that.  Although it might have seemed to you that you "almost had another punishment", you were quite safe.  The script that handles the owner-wants-to-talk-to-you force greetings checks to see if you're busy, and one of those "busy" checks is detecting that the dialog window is open.  Since, as you said, the owner was already talking to you about not kneeling enough, the force greeting would place itself on hold indefinitely until that discussion was complete.

3 hours ago, user9120975435 said:

from same mod: when Master activates piercings and my PC has an orgasm, during the animation of her kneeling on the ground cumming her brains out I get punished for not responding to Master even though my controls are blocked since animation

Thank you for mentioning this.  This is also a niche case, but there is a gap in the mod's status checking that could let a vibration event go undetected (whether it's from this mod, or any other mod).  It's an easy fix, so I'll do that now and have it ready for the next update.

Hey, loving the mod so far!

I'm wriiting here seeking suggestions: what followers do you suggest for a mistress? both vanilla and modded.

Also, I have "just" this mod installed (other than requirements, slavetats and a couple of other things), what mods do you suggest to get a better experience?

Any cool "roleplay run" I could go with this mod?
Trying to get a "Molag Bal" at the moment, with mace & vampire lords and such but I discovered late that Serana can't be your mistress... what other mistress you suggest?

Thank you for this amazing mod!

Note: I'm using Legendary Edition

13 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Although you shouldn't normally have a case where the owner wants to talk to you while you're already talking to the owner, an odd timing issue could conceivably result in that occurring, but this mod handles that. 

It wasn't the kind of talking where your controls are taken and you get the conversation options and such, but the kind where when the Master talked it was like comments/subtitles that you get when you come near an NPC and you can still move and do stuff.

13 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Thank you for mentioning this.  This is also a niche case, but there is a gap in the mod's status checking that could let a vibration event go undetected (whether it's from this mod, or any other mod).  It's an easy fix, so I'll do that now and have it ready for the next update.

Good to hear, thanks!

19 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

I had previously answered your question, but as a follow-up I was looking at the errors again and I wanted to let you know that one of the messages related to SLTR in your game log suggests that you're using an old version of Devious Devices (older than 4.3).  This mod requires at least DD 4.3, or you'll have missing devices for some Sub Lola quests.

Oh, thank you SO MUCH for looking again! I though i had checked, but turn out i still run 4.2 of integration, and dde is also outdated. 

This make me really happy, i haven't played since because i though my game was finally broke since no DD events work anymore for any mod, and did not feel like start a new, now it might be easy to fix i hope if my game can handle yet another mod update mid game ? thank you again!

19 minutes ago, bubba999 said:

I would like to report a loop hole of sorts. When Mistress sends Lola to get a sweetroll, for example, instead of running back to her you can use EFF's Leader's Teleportation to bring her to you! No penalty! Saves time.

You can also use console commands to move to your mistress ?. You may even use them, or add item menu to get a sweet roll in the first place.

Do you really think HexBolt should add some sort of prevention/detection mechanism?

I'd prefer new events ?, but to be fair, I don't use EFF, so I'd have to use NFF's teleport ?.

1 hour ago, Kenway21 said:

You know the common trope in sub/dom where the sub must ask permission to cum.

Well, there are times in the owner's dialog when you're told to do so, though it's not exactly the same thing.

1 hour ago, Kenway21 said:

Also, how do I use the "custom collar".

Replace the custom collar mesh with your own.  It must be a collar that uses slot 45, not a full outfit.

I was wondering if Sophia companion is compatible?  The dialog option does not show up after reading the book, and the area in the MCM under System is greyed out.  Is there a console command or something to kick start this with Sophia?  Thanks in advance.  I have used this mod with Serana with great success.

***  As a followup, I had no problem with another know Skyrim follower.  Any suggestions on Sophia?

32 minutes ago, Leeyds4LLTS said:

I was wondering if Sophia companion is compatible?

I don't think Sophia works.  Followers that are more than just a pretty face, the ones with their own AI, generally will be incompatible.  It's been reported that Recorder works with this mod, though her personality isn't really suited for the job.

4 minutes ago, ssamsbji said:

Every time I tried Strong hand mission and failed to be slave as soon as to talk to master. I installed/deleted and reinstalled.

You might have a bugged collar slot in your game.  Equip any DD or Zaz collar before talking to your follower.

Hi,

I have a noob question, maybe it is not the proper mod to ask so I will also ask on Devious Follower (DF).   But I think I will find more people in that situation in this thread than the other ?.  And since asking the question in the other thread will make some nice publicity for this mod, do I get a cut? ?

Since the last Submissive Lola (Lola) patch I have installed DF and started a new game.  I try to get Lola enslaved through DF ?.  I have a hard time setting that up in the Punishments tab ?.  Can someone put a screen shot of that tab, which will lead to the proper enslavement?  Seems in this case someone need to draw me a picture?.

Thanks for your help:)

1 hour ago, Snook001 said:

And since asking the question in the other thread will make some nice publicity for this mod, do I get a cut?

Sure, you can have half the money I make with this mod.  Hell, you can have all of it!

1 hour ago, Snook001 said:

I try to get Lola enslaved through DF ?.  I have a hard time setting that up in the Punishments tab

That's a DF question.  I can only talk about the part that this mod does.  However, considering all the training, sex, and interesting experiences you get as a Sub Lola slave (and for free), maybe it should be called the Paradise tab.