@HexBolt8 Where the hair colour change occurs currently without YPS it could be replaced with for example the following:-

SendModEvent("yps-HairColorDyeEvent", "Golden Blonde")

Where the hair style event change occurs currently without YPS it could be replaced with for example the following:-

SendModEvent("yps-HaircutEvent", "0Gecko", -7);

The negative value in the haircut styling event suppresses the notification from the fashion mod, allowing for you to have the owner say their own remarks instead.

Along with when the setting is configured for enabling the use of YPS Immersive Fashion for hair style change events:-

SendModEvent("yps-DisableHairmakeoverEvent"); 

Also when the check box for fingernail change events enablement and/or lipstick change events enablement:-

SendModEvent("yps-LockMakeupEvent")

Then each time the fingernail change event fires it would send something like the following event:-

SendModEvent("yps-FingerNailsEvent", "", 22)

The last value for the fingernail event is the colour code in integer a list of colours can be chosen from on modder's information file. It would be a good idea to pick out several which would fit in well and/or give enough variety.

Then each time the lipstick change event fires it would send something like the following event:-

SendModEvent("yps-LipstickEvent", "American Rose", ff033e)

When disabling the lipstick and fingernail change event support with YPS Immersive Fashion in this mod send the following event:-

SendModEvent("yps-UnlockMakeupEvent")

When disabling the hair change event support with YPS Immersive Fashion in this mod send the following event:-

SendModEvent("yps-EnableHairmakeoverEvent"); 

For each of these (where appropriate) it would be a good idea to pick out several for the event to choose from for when the appearance of the Submissive Lola's is going to be changed. Maybe set up an array or form list with the chosen values to possibly a variety of values for a particular style, or role, that the owner chooses based on what they need or at a whim. Taking into account what tasks in going to be performed and/or most common on going task. The values can be found in the json files for the different hair supported by the fashion mod. These are as follows Vanilla Skyrim, KS Hairdos - Renewal, KS HDT Hairdos and each of these together along with HG Hair as well.

Also possibly maintaining an array or form list containing a backup of the appearance from before the settings were enabled for restoration purposes, for if restore when setting is disabled, triggered during debugging etc.

Especially if the Submissive Lola is going to be Pimped Out (prostitution, whoring) so the appearance would need to be appropriate, so enough customers come to buy the services of the Lola from the owner.

On 3/30/2021 at 1:49 AM, HexBolt8 said:

Version 2.0.30

New:  Several topics under "Master?" are now consolidated under "About my being your slave?".
NOTE:  "I don't want to be a slave anymore" has moved under "About my being your slave?".

New:  Under "About my being your slave?", you can ask about the purpose of your training.
- It doesn't change with your score, but you can select different responses.
- It's only available for scores between 0 and 80.  Otherwise, you're either too rebellious, or you already understand.

It's pretty minor and I'm not sure, but should that read "about me being your slave?"

7 hours ago, wt20111988 said:

It's pretty minor and I'm not sure, but should that read "about me being your slave?"

Thank you for pointing out wording issues.  Sometimes a little thing will slip past me, or I'll just type it wrong.  If no one brings it to my attention, months could go by before I notice.  However, in this case, @Tr_veller is right, either form can be used.

Here, "being" is a gerund (a verb used as a noun).  If you're interested, Merriam-Webster has a lengthy explanation with examples, but it concludes with the following.

Well, if you're a native speaker of English, it means that you should use whichever construction sounds right to you. In situations in which either sounds fine, you may want to choose the possessive since that's the one currently favored by the grammarian types. If you're not a native speaker you should know that the possessive is favored but that when you want to put emphasis on the "who" instead of what the "who" is doing you may in fact want the non-possessive.

In this instance, the emphasis is on your state (of being a slave), not on who is the slave, so I used the possessive form.

A challenge that we all face is that with so much content being casually written on the internet, often in haste and with no proofreading, we're exposed to a lot of incorrect word usage.  If you see something that's incorrect often enough, it begins to sound right.  But even though we often see "should of", "greater then", or "in regards to", that doesn't make them right.  When in doubt, I do a quick web search, giving preference to authoritative sources.

Long response to a short question.  ?

I ran into an issue with the 2.0.29 version and didn't see it get mentioned so I'm reporting it;

For the pony mission where you're sent to the steward, I failed the event and then when returning, got scolded for failing. But instead of proceeding from the "you failed me" dialogue to the punishment dialogue it instead goes to the "what is it, Lola?" prompt and then returns to the first prompt where you report in as failing. If you try to report failing the mission again, it just loops like this each time and you are unable to complete the pony mission.

42 minutes ago, Sospice said:

I ran into an issue with the 2.0.29 version and didn't see it get mentioned so I'm reporting it

I probably have a bad link in the dialog chain.  Thank you for reporting this; I will investigate.  For now, you can end the quest with "SetStage vkjPonyExpress 110".

Edit:  Found it, bad dialog link.  The strange thing is that I remember testing this.  I guess I broke it at some point.  Since this breaks the quest, I'll put out an update soon.

@HexBolt8 I had yet another strange (or maybe not?) idea. The owner forbids Lola using anything else than support magic (illusion/restoration) during combat for some time. After all, a proper master can protect his slave and Lola - being fully dependant on her master - should sometimes be reminded that the initiative isn't hers to take.

Btw.: Thanks for yet another lightning fast patch!

22 hours ago, KLongad Sirtup said:

Where the hair colour change occurs currently without YPS it could be replaced with for example the following:-

SendModEvent("yps-HairColorDyeEvent", "Golden Blonde")

You left out a key parameter.  Checking the mod event documentation (as well as taking a quick look at the script), YPS also expects the HairColorRGBValue:

SendModEvent("yps-HairColorDyeEvent", string HairColorName, int HairColorRGBValue)

It uses this value, not the name, to actually change the hair color.  The hair color names and RBG codes are stored in arrays that are not exposed as properties, so I can't access them without a hard dependence on YPS (making it a required mod for SLTR), and I'm not willing to do that.  However, YPS could easily do the lookup itself.  Perhaps you can persuade the author to add another mod event that only requires the color name, like this:

SendModEvent("yps-HairColorDyeByNameEvent", string HairColorName)

22 hours ago, KLongad Sirtup said:

Where the hair style event change occurs currently without YPS it could be replaced with for example the following:-

SendModEvent("yps-HaircutEvent", "0Gecko", -7);

The negative value in the haircut styling event suppresses the notification from the fashion mod, allowing for you to have the owner say their own remarks instead.

From what I can see, it doesn't work that way.  The last parameter (-7 in your example) is the HairLengthStage.  It's an index into an array, which expects values between 0 and 21, inclusive.  -7 would generate a script error.

SendModEvent("yps-HaircutEvent", string HairstyleID, int HairLengthStage)

; will set a new hair length stage (see spoiler below for a list)

; will only apply styles not longer than current hair

; also will apply the hairstyle <HairstyleID> to the player

; if HairstyleID is an empty string, the default hairstyle of the corresponding length will be applied

That event isn't practical anyway, because it will reject longer lengths.  However, YPS offers a different event to force the change:

SendModEvent("yps-SetHaircutEvent", string HairstyleID, int HairLengthStage)

; same as above, but will set new hairlength, even if it is longer than current

The problem here is that although it will force the hair style, it uses whatever value is passed in for HairLengthStage to set the current length.  Sending an arbitrary value would likely mess things up for YPS.  We might have simply used CurrentHairlengthStage, except it's not exposed as a property.

Unfortunately, the author went to a lot of work to set up mod events for external use, but didn't expose key values, or (better yet) provide alternate mod events to accept just hair color name (and internally look up the hair color itself), or to not change the length when forcing a style change.

59 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

You left out a key parameter.  Checking the mod event documentation (as well as taking a quick look at the script), YPS also expects the HairColorRGBValue:

SendModEvent("yps-HairColorDyeEvent", string HairColorName, int HairColorRGBValue)

It uses this value, not the name, to actually change the hair color.  The hair color names and RBG codes are stored in arrays that are not exposed as properties, so I can't access them without a hard dependence on YPS (making it a required mod for SLTR), and I'm not willing to do that.  However, YPS could easily do the lookup itself.  Perhaps you can persuade the author to add another mod event that only requires the color name, like this:

SendModEvent("yps-HairColorDyeByNameEvent", string HairColorName)

From what I can see, it doesn't work that way.  The last parameter (-7 in your example) is the HairLengthStage.  It's an index into an array, which expects values between 0 and 21, inclusive.  -7 would generate a script error.

SendModEvent("yps-HaircutEvent", string HairstyleID, int HairLengthStage)

; will set a new hair length stage (see spoiler below for a list)

; will only apply styles not longer than current hair

; also will apply the hairstyle <HairstyleID> to the player

; if HairstyleID is an empty string, the default hairstyle of the corresponding length will be applied

That event isn't practical anyway, because it will reject longer lengths.  However, YPS offers a different event to force the change:

SendModEvent("yps-SetHaircutEvent", string HairstyleID, int HairLengthStage)

; same as above, but will set new hairlength, even if it is longer than current

The problem here is that although it will force the hair style, it uses whatever value is passed in for HairLengthStage to set the current length.  Sending an arbitrary value would likely mess things up for YPS.  We might have simply used CurrentHairlengthStage, except it's not exposed as a property.

Unfortunately, the author went to a lot of work to set up mod events for external use, but didn't expose key values, or (better yet) provide alternate mod events to accept just hair color name (and internally look up the hair color itself), or to not change the length when forcing a style change.

@HexBolt8 Does expose current hair length stage through the following as a property value:-

int StorageUtil.GetIntValue(none, "YpsCurrentHairLengthStage")

Hair colour code for Golden Blonde is "=0x00736754". It is exposed in the Modder's Info file for Immersive Fashion version 6.2.1, find the matching number for the hair colour code, for the word colour name. For instance Golden Blonde is numbered 11 in the modder's info list and its code is also numbered 11.

The tweaked version of Immersive Fashion from Monoman1 exposes more as properties to be accessed. However there's not much documentation some may be in script source code, may be better to ask some questions from Monoman1.

If the necessary info from Monoman1 can be obtained about the properties and new events he added to Immersive Fashion via his Immersive Fashion Tweaked version 1.3 or higher. It would likely be the best bet for adding this feature to Submissive Lola: The Resubmission version 2.0.32 or higher.

1 hour ago, kapibar said:

The owner forbids Lola using anything else than support magic (illusion/restoration) during combat for some time.

How would that work?  An MCM setting like Masturbation Denial that punishes the PC for doing things as long as the setting is enabled?  That would allow the player to choose where & when.  If "for some time" is a few hours (several real minutes), the player could just wait it out.  If it's too long, it could wreck the player's adventuring plans, unless the owner is very capable in combat (and the AI doesn't get too stupid).  If the PC is a warrior, it wouldn't even be particularly inconvenient.

Conceivably, it could be linked to a score threshold, and extended to weapons as well, so that all character types are affected (e.g., no offensive capability until you reach score 25).  But since you could enforce that yourself, and there's no surprise value such as would arise from suddenly being told, "no spells or weapons", would that be worthwhile?

A toggle on the MCM would be the easiest to implement, if you just want limit yourself for a while.  A score threshold would be pretty easy too.  Think about how it would work, and how it would fit into gameplay.

13 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

That would allow the player to choose where & when.  If "for some time" is a few hours (several real minutes), the player could just wait it out.  If it's too long, it could wreck the player's adventuring plans, unless the owner is very capable in combat (and the AI doesn't get too stupid).  If the PC is a warrior, it wouldn't even be particularly inconvenient.

In JoyFols, I hand the Player a Staff/some Scrolls and provide the Player with necessities so that even a bulky warrior could play a restoration mage for one Dungeon - but thats only for one dungeon and the Follower will also get some Perks for that Duration just to avoid issues with the followers build

Even so, with the restrictions to the Players movepool, that most certainly will be very boring in a more rediant fashion and for a longer time. Also if there is no clear goal right ahead (such as a Dungeons cleared flag) youd easily run into issues with the enchantment duration or amount of scrolls you provide

Giving too much freedom would make that whole thing pretty pointless too tho. Gl if you wanna do it but imo its not something you should design around a timelimit

1 hour ago, KLongad Sirtup said:

int StorageUtil.GetIntValue(none, "YpsCurrentHairLengthStage")

Okay, that's useful.  I'm reluctant to attempt integration with mods of any complexity unless I'm very familiar with them, specifically for things like this.  If I have to study a mod for hours to find what I need, it's not worthwhile.  This helps. 

Hair colour code for Golden Blonde is "=0x00736754". It is exposed in the Modder's Info file for Immersive Fashion version 6.2.1, find the matching number for the hair colour code, for the word colour name.

I saw that, but I'm using "expose" in the sense of being able to read it from this mod as a soft dependence.  As a practical matter, the only way for a mod author to not make values viewable to a human is to not provide the source (and even then there are decompilers).  The problem is not being able to read these arrays from a SLTR script without a hard dependence, and without copying the array data into SLTR. 

The tweaked version of Immersive Fashion from Monoman1 exposes more as properties to be accessed.

I didn't know that.  I don't think it really helps, though.  I'm staying away from providing patches for other mods.  That avoids a lot of potential problems.  Using someone else's patches is basically the same, just with the patches coming from another source.

I'm not sure that color change has to use YPS anyway.  If we've temporarily disabled YPS events with SendModEvent("yps-DisableHairmakeoverEvent"), we can set our own color, then change it back after 3 days, them reenable YPS hair events.

Actually, can't we do that with hair styles, too?  Disable YPS events, set hair style and/or color, restore them after 3 days, then reenable YPS hair events.  Isn't the main problem that SLTR doesn't play nice with YPS?  If we temporarily turn off YPS hair events, there's no conflict.  The only downside I can see is that those hair events would be on hold for 3 days, but that's because the owner wants you to have this style and/or color right now.

I can easily have SLTR's hair events suspend and reenable YPS, if the "yps-DisableHairmakeoverEvent" and "yps-EnableHairmakeoverEvent" get around the problems that YPS users are having.

36 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

Okay, that's useful.  I'm reluctant to attempt integration with mods of any complexity unless I'm very familiar with them, specifically for things like this.  If I have to study a mod for hours to find what I need, it's not worthwhile.  This helps. 

I saw that, but I'm using "expose" in the sense of being able to read it from this mod as a soft dependence.  As a practical matter, the only way for a mod author to not make values viewable to a human is to not provide the source (and even then there are decompilers).  The problem is not being able to read these arrays from a SLTR script without a hard dependence, and without copying the array data into SLTR. 

I didn't know that.  I don't think it really helps, though.  I'm staying away from providing patches for other mods.  That avoids a lot of potential problems.  Using someone else's patches is basically the same, just with the patches coming from another source.

I'm not sure that color change has to use YPS anyway.  If we've temporarily disabled YPS events with SendModEvent("yps-DisableHairmakeoverEvent"), we can set our own color, then change it back after 3 days, them reenable YPS hair events.

Actually, can't we do that with hair styles, too?  Disable YPS events, set hair style and/or color, restore them after 3 days, then reenable YPS hair events.  Isn't the main problem that SLTR doesn't play nice with YPS?  If we temporarily turn off YPS hair events, there's no conflict.  The only downside I can see is that those hair events would be on hold for 3 days, but that's because the owner wants you to have this style and/or color right now.

I can easily have SLTR's hair events suspend and reenable YPS, if the "yps-DisableHairmakeoverEvent" and "yps-EnableHairmakeoverEvent" get around the problems that YPS users are having.

@HexBolt8 For instance Golden Blonde - is 0x00736754 which converts to 736754  for the RGB (R: 115 G: 103 B: 84) equivalent. Sorry when I said expose we must have misunderstood each other, I was saying that the author had noted down the colour codes. They just need converting to RGB format by taking the last 6 digits from the code and feeding them into the appropriate software or service, an example of just such a tool is RGB Color Codes Chart ? (rapidtables.com).

Monoman1 told me to read the comment notes in the "ypsPiercingTicker.psc" source code file of his tweak of Immersive Fashion as it details the events and properties exposed via StorageUtil. The original official Immersive Fashion version 6.2.1 has a file called "For Modders.txt", this details all of what I told you and then some. Should as a result help you get very familiar with the internal soft-dependency interface for modders in the Immersive Fashion modification.

Hair style IDs are those stored in the json files for each hair mod which appear to be the editorID for a particular hair style which is listed in the file. It can be confirmed by looking at some of the screenshots in the file section for Immersive Fashion.

9 minutes ago, KLongad Sirtup said:

Sorry when I said expose we must have misunderstood each other, I was saying that the author had noted down the colour codes.

We're probably not communicating well.  It's not that I can't copy the color codes into SLTR, it's that I don't want to, because duplicating data like that is bad practice.

10 minutes ago, KLongad Sirtup said:

Should as a result help you get very familiar with the internal soft-dependency interface for modders in the Immersive Fashion modification.

We're still not communicating well.  ?  I don't want to put a lot of time into this.  If there's a simple solution using the mod events provided by YPS, I can do that, but I really do not want to spend time studying how that mod works.  I downloaded 6.2.1, but I don't see a "For Modders.txt".  I have looked at the information that YPS provides for modders.  

I've decided that I don't understand what YPS users want Sub Lola to do.  If sending "yps-DisableHairmakeoverEvent" and "yps-EnableHairmakeoverEvent" at the beginning and end of Sub Lola's hair event would avoid conflicts and provide a sufficient (though maybe not ideal) solution, you could have that today.

@HexBolt8 It's actually called For Modders.txt, I just put it in "" to make it more obvious and noticable. When looking for the file forget the "" and just look for For Modders.txt, do the same for ypsPiercingTicker.psc.

What I was wondering in my opinion is being looked for is that the YPS modification is used to change the appearance of the player character and apply a sense of fashionable style. With owner controlling or applying that appearance, it provides a very attractive and immersive experience using that system.

Including lipstick, eyeliner, makeup, fingernail, toenails and hair based features (growth, styling, colouring etc).

YPS Immersive Fashion 6.2.1 - For Modders.txt

I'll take one more run at this.  What would an integration with YPS look like?

This mod's hair event will change hair style and/or color for 3 days, then change it back.

If we want YPS to override Sub Lola's event, then why not turn off Sub Lola's event and let YPS do whatever it wants?

If we just want to prevent YPS from interfering by making its own changes during that time, it seems like its mod events for toggling hair events would accomplish that.  I can do that today.

Does it matter that the random shade of blonde that your hair gets set to comes from this mod, or YPS?  I don't think so.  Likewise, you can select a hair style in Sub Lola from any hair pack.  Where does YPS enter into that?  If the desire is to have Sub Lola kick off YPS events for lipstick and nails, I just don't have any desire to work on that.  So, what are we trying to accomplish, and would the YPS hair makeover event toggles effectively do that, or at least do that well enough?

37 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

I'll take one more run at this.  What would an integration with YPS look like?

This mod's hair event will change hair style and/or color for 3 days, then change it back.

If we want YPS to override Sub Lola's event, then why not turn off Sub Lola's event and let YPS do whatever it wants?

If we just want to prevent YPS from interfering by making its own changes during that time, it seems like its mod events for toggling hair events would accomplish that.  I can do that today.

Does it matter that the random shade of blonde that your hair gets set to comes from this mod, or YPS?  I don't think so.  Likewise, you can select a hair style in Sub Lola from any hair pack.  Where does YPS enter into that?  If the desire is to have Sub Lola kick off YPS events for lipstick and nails, I just don't have any desire to work on that.  So, what are we trying to accomplish, and would the YPS hair makeover event toggles effectively do that, or at least do that well enough?

@HexBolt8 YPS Fashion is the equivalent to a mix of a gameplay altering modification (e.g. Frostfall) and a framework (e.g. Devious Devices), to have the Lola owner control (manage the player character's hair). Then the events are needed as these are an exacting call based method which can produce quite amazing attractive outcomes. The toggles control player access to altering appearance, which does mean that it may seem less like a slave (when player can alter the appearance themselves). However events allow for the potential of the owner, getting the changes done themselves and the player being unable to change it themselves - enforces the slavery aspect. The best method would go with using the haircut event combined with the current length stage property. Then use the hair colour dye event to change the hair colour you should now have the hair colours with the RGB Colour Chart service website I linked to, and the method for extracting the value to enter from the "For Modders.txt" file involving the hair colour codes. Also would recommend having the amount of time between the changes, take into account of the amount time it takes to grow, may be around a couple of weeks (1-6) in game.

YPS enters into this as it makes all of the hair colour on the player characters female body match up, with each other and dynamically stay in sync. As well as introduces in itself a hair growth system. Thus with YPS active and running the longer time passes in game, the longer the female character's hair will grow.

This means that the owner can in essence potentially check the current appearance with the tweaked YPS, then for instance say. "My slave your looking a bit scruffy, can't have this as it will affect the prostitution (or pimping) takings."

Then fire off a YPS hair makeover event to give a hair cut to bring the hair back to a more attractive, or manageable length. They could just want to change the hair style or colour as their bored or fed up with its current appearance. Also they can give the player character ear piercings, nose piercings etc through YPS.

Basically they can generally make the slave player character look like a more attractive whore, which would help them earn more money for the owner. It's also possible that the appearance, with a json config file would allow for the potential to give a different amount a npc is willing to play to have sex with Lola.

I'm trying to understand how the randColor as a ColorForm works and what form the colours take, as I will endeavour to help out to convert some colours to RGB. However I'm more of a programming type person, but don't have much luck with Creation Kit's predecessor due to it causing my entire installation of Oblivion to become completely useless.

In addition at the time the internet connection where I was would require me to take weeks or even months to re-set everything up again as well as update everything again. As it wouldn't get back to normal, unless the computer was completely reloaded from scratch. So ever since I have been very wary of doing anything in the Bethesda modding tools myself, as it took too long to get everything back to normal. Basically I had an exceptionally bad experience with modding Oblivion even when following an author's instructions for making changes, to a modification for my own use!

My skills are more based around Visual Basic for Applications, Visual Basic 6.0 and/or web development based languages and system network support (technician) to aid administrators. In other words I'm not a graphics artist I prefer software code and computer hardware to graphical art any day of the year!

If you all haven't looked at it yet, consider enhancing your submissive roleplay with Dynamic Animation Replacer (there's also a SE version).  No esp file.

All you really have to do is find and use alternate standing idle animations (mt_idle.hkx) for your character and/or the owner.  That one idle animation can make a noticeable difference.  You can keep it simple.  Don't bother with conditions.  Just drop in different idles when you think it's appropriate.  Give your character a shy, awkward idle, and your owner a bold, confident one.  The body language will convey the nature of the relationship.

Be aware that alternate idles can cause minor clipping with Devious Devices or other items.  And you may waste a lot spend a significant amount of time browsing idle animation mods.

8 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

How would that work?  An MCM setting like Masturbation Denial that punishes the PC for doing things as long as the setting is enabled?  That would allow the player to choose where & when.  If "for some time" is a few hours (several real minutes), the player could just wait it out.  If it's too long, it could wreck the player's adventuring plans, unless the owner is very capable in combat (and the AI doesn't get too stupid).  If the PC is a warrior, it wouldn't even be particularly inconvenient.

Conceivably, it could be linked to a score threshold, and extended to weapons as well, so that all character types are affected (e.g., no offensive capability until you reach score 25).  But since you could enforce that yourself, and there's no surprise value such as would arise from suddenly being told, "no spells or weapons", would that be worthwhile?

A toggle on the MCM would be the easiest to implement, if you just want limit yourself for a while.  A score threshold would be pretty easy too.  Think about how it would work, and how it would fit into gameplay.

I was thinking about score threshold with an MCM setting. Limiting player's choice and forcing to change the plans would actually be a nice addition IMO. You plan to be powerful sword wielder? Well, it's too bad, because you're a sub now, and subs do what their masters allow them to do. You agreed to this, remember? On the other hand it would be nice to have the option to turn off such handicap if the PC is owned by an NPC that is less adept at fighting, or if this kind of gameplay is impossible for any other reason.

This idea can also go the other way around - Lola can be deemed too reliant on magic, so the owner disallows her to use it in order to make her more valuable asset. After all a proper education should cover many sides.