19 minutes ago, bubba999 said:

Is there a way that removing Devious Devices added by trapped chests can be removed like in Devious Followers?

I've considered that, especially since (as you noted) the owner can take your keys.  It's been a low priority, since mods like DD Helpers already do that.  If this mod had an unlock feature, would many players use it?  I don't know.  That question has held me back from working on this.

1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

I think we're viewing this event very differently.  Lola hasn't been bad, so there's no reason to punish her.  The dialog in the original mod suggested that the owner was pre-emptively stopping Lola from shifting heavy loot to the owner to carry (I've added an optional new mechanism to limit the ability to load up the owner).  If Lola's carrying a lot of stuff, the owner decides that it's time to sell that off and relax (hence the quest title).  Lola is free to choose which major town, but her hands stay tied to keep her from starting anything new.  It's just forcing a decision on Lola, not punishment.

Well, this doesn't go in line with the interpretation of other requests from the master. I mean, pretty much any other "request" has no option to refuse - the master would still enforce her to do it, refusing just reduces the submission score. At least that's my feeling about things that happen in this mod.

Couldn't you travel to a major town, rather than a walled city?

Yes, that's possible, but:

• There's no "fast travel" per say. And the map is disabled and.. well, any "travel" bears different meaning in SLS. Which is a good thing. But as I said - it means it adds the insensitive for PC to dodge this particular request from her master as much as possible.
  • Even in non-walled cities there are SLS enforcers. As such if PC has any loot which she wants to stash and for which she has no license - she will lose that loot upon arrival to any city.
  • If she left any of the towns without paying a toll, that's even more troubles (potentially a crime, a jail time and/or more devices)

To simply put - when choosing to go to town versus wearing an armbinder - it becomes an obvious choice in favor of just ignoring this quest in many situations with SLS. I'm not telling you that you absolutely must support SLS, it's just to illustrate how different interactions work. Should you chose to extend SLS support - that'd be great.

This mod's expense money feature lets you take gold from the owner to pay expected expenses.  That would reasonably include tolls.

Yes, yes, but.. but.. RP :) Just saying that it'd be so cool!

I recognize adding this is likely to not be a trivial task, but you still can do it even without modifying the SLS mod at all (or introducing any patches). You can:

• Subscribe to OnBegin / OnEnd of the TopicInfo script
  • Intercept the corresponding FormID of the dialogue line in SLS where enforcer says there's not enough money
  • After finishing the dialogue, initiate a scene where master tells anything along the lines "oh, I own her so I pay the toll" and invoke the SLS toll API call
  • Additionally, subscribe to OnActivate and check for the toll box ID. This is needed because it's possible to directly click on the box and pay the toll

I really regret I can't compile Skyrim's papyrus.. I reckon this may work well and only introduce soft dependency with SLS, keeping everything separated and independent.

19 minutes ago, Operand said:

I mean, pretty much any other "request" has no option to refuse - the master would still enforce her to do it, refusing just reduces the submission score.

Oh, you're not refusing.  You're just delaying the inevitable.  Master might find your futile efforts amusing.  You're staying in that restraint until you comply.  There's a fair argument for forcing the return sooner than later.  I've just been trying to understand why wearing a device that's so limiting for a prolonged time is better than going to a town, and weighing the value of putting time into additional enforcement.

28 minutes ago, Operand said:

Yes, yes, but.. but.. RP :) Just saying that it'd be so cool!

That would be cool.  But rather than have this mod manipulate another one (and potentially break if/when that one changes), I think you'd do better to ask MM1 to add a feature for having a follower pay the toll (taking the gold from the PC if necessary).  It could have immersive dialog, and it would all be handled in one place, in a seamless, consistent manner.

16 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

But rather than have this mod manipulate another one (and potentially break if/when that one changes), I think you'd do better to ask MM1 to add a feature for having a follower pay the toll (taking the gold from the PC if necessary).  It could have immersive dialog, and it would all be handled in one place, in a seamless, consistent manner.

It'd rather be making the master paying a toll (since there can be several followers or master can be not an active follower). Which means that in this case SLS would need to integrate with this mod to obtain the knowledge about the master. Which means the same "seamless, consistent manner" would apply. Again - that's up to you. I see no major difference - whether it's SLS -> Lola or Lola -> SLS, since in any case the mod which enables this link must get some knowledge from another mod.

Anyhow, I pointed it out, the rest is up to you.

3 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

I've considered that, especially since (as you noted) the owner can take your keys.  It's been a low priority, since mods like DD Helpers already do that.  If this mod had an unlock feature, would many players use it?  I don't know.  That question has held me back from working on this.

Most people who run Lola together with DF would probably not use it, as it could unbalance the debt to your Devious Follower.

I tried suspending SLR for a few game days and I noticed it seems like some events are still happening. 

Do you have a list of events that will still happen when the mod is suspended? If they're not supposed to be happening at all (or just one or two), I can go into that save and let you know which events are still active despite the suspend. 

edit; I figured I'd offer this since you put so much work into this great mod, the least I can do is help out with some testing :)

5 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

I would definitely use it, to me it always feels weird that on the few occasions my character gets bound to the point where it's debilitating and life-threatening the owner doesn't do anything - even if the owners help comes with a steep price or punishment of some kind. If it's something you're considering adding it's got my vote! Or at the very least comments that explain why they don't help, maybe they think it's too amusing to intervene or something. Or preferably both the unlocking feature as well as comments about whatever restraints you might be wearing lol

The comments may already be a thing and I just missed it, sorry if that's the case

Edit: I also think it's worth considering that while yea, you could install another mod for something like this it's always nice when you can cut down on the number of mods you have to run, especially when it makes sense within the story and scope of the mod. Not to mention the fact that your dialogue is great and seeing more of that connecting different aspects of the game is always nice if you feel it's worth the effort it takes to add!

6 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

It would be fun that for every device removed by the Mistress you had to complete a "Confessions of a Slave" or "I'm Famous" quest since apparently the PC simply can't keep their urges in check and NEEDS the devices off right away. Maybe even have the owner laugh and tell them after the quest that it was so funny seeing them desperate they'll only release them if they do the quest again or keep them locked a few more hours before removing the device.

3 hours ago, Sospice said:

I tried suspending SLR for a few game days and I noticed it seems like some events are still happening. 

Owner can still demand sex, if that option is enabled on the System page.

Owner will punish friendly fire, (if such punishment is enabled).

Quests or tasks that were in progress and that have a time limit will fail when the timer expires.  Those without a time limit should be okay.

3 hours ago, Sospice said:

I figured I'd offer this since you put so much work into this great mod, the least I can do is help out with some testing

Thank you!

I've added device removal to my list of features to consider.  If I build it, it will have a toggle to hide the line to ask your owner about it if you don't want to see it.  Clearly, if your owner is also a Devious Follower (DF), using SLTR's unlock feature would be cheating.  But if one follower is a DF and another one is your SLTR owner, then it's like asking Mom for a cookie and she says no, so you go ask Dad and he says "Sure!"

To make this less attractive, I'd probably have the owner use twice as many keys as needed, effectively giving you access to only half the ones that you looted.  Each unlock might count as a negative "service offered", so too many unlocks in one day could earn you a punishment for not offering service enough (you were being too needy).  If you were badly restrained, it would be worth it.

Just something I might consider.  At the top of my list is forced SLUTS runs (obviously an optional event).  Unfortunately, SLUTS Redux and SLUTS Resume are significantly different internally.  I'll have to check different quests just to verify that you started a run.  Therefore, the coupling will loose, meaning that you'll have to go talk to the carriage driver within a time window or be punished.  Starting the SLUTS run will successfully end the Sub Lola event.

On 1/27/2021 at 7:54 AM, HexBolt8 said:

Crawling is fun, and very submissive.  But it either requires that another crawling mod be installed, or the mod has to provide those animations (like DFC does), which gets into LE/SE differences.  I should check if DD5 does more with crawling other than the pet suit, but I don't think it does.

Uh, sorry if this has been asked before but any plans for following on that?

11 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Owner can still demand sex, if that option is enabled on the System page.

Owner will punish friendly fire, (if such punishment is enabled).

Quests or tasks that were in progress and that have a time limit will fail when the timer expires.  Those without a time limit should be okay.

Thank you!

Sorry but I realized I thought I had suspended events but it actually didn't register.

I see now that the issue is that I get a message that event can't be suspended until "spank me tender" has been completed. I then requested punishment but after that, it still insisted the daily event needed to be completed when I tried to suspend events.

So I checked in information and it looks like I have "3 punishment events" but for spanking there's still "o punishment events". 

The only dialogue I'm seeing for requesting punishment is the "I've been so naughty please punish me!"

So it seems like there should be another dialogue for requesting spanking but I'm not seeing it? Or is it just a greeting event where the owner initiates it? 

The relevant mods here (I suspect); I'm using EEF, SLS, DF and STA (presently masochist score). The SLR submission score is at 85 as well. 

12 minutes ago, Sospice said:

I see now that the issue is that I get a message that event can't be suspended until "spank me tender" has been completed. I then requested punishment but after that, it still insisted the daily event needed to be completed when I tried to suspend events.

I never came across a "spank me tender" event or miniquest, are you sure that it's from this mod, and not from Kalmah's extension? I'd expect that to have its own MCM where you might be able to suspend or cancel some events.

27 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

I never came across a "spank me tender" event or miniquest, are you sure that it's from this mod, and not from Kalmah's extension? I'd expect that to have its own MCM where you might be able to suspend or cancel some events.

I wasn't aware the extension existed. I just downloaded it to check its file name out to see that I didn't somehow have the extension's esp in my load order and I don't see it.

I do have the DF patch installed and the SLS patch installed. Did I miss somewhere that we shouldn't use either anymore?

I ask because DF does have a deal event where you have to request a spanking once a day, and I was wondering if SLR was somehow picking that up and confusing it with related code. Now I'm wondering if it thinks it's the extension you're talking about?

44 minutes ago, Sospice said:

I see now that the issue is that I get a message that event can't be suspended until "spank me tender" has been completed.

That quest starts when you ask for a spanking and the owner refuses, saying "Why don't you ask someone else?  A guard perhaps?  Yes, go bother a guard."  The quest objective to ask a guard for a spanking is displayed, and guards will then have a dialog topic to ask for spanking.

The part that's confusing is that the quest doesn't appear in the quest log.  If you ignore the order and forget about it, there's nothing to remind you.  I'll investigate why the quest doesn't show up.

44 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

That quest starts when you ask for a spanking and the owner refuses, saying "Why don't you ask someone else?  A guard perhaps?  Yes, go bother a guard."  The quest objective to ask a guard for a spanking is displayed, and guards will then have a dialog topic to ask for spanking.

The part that's confusing is that the quest doesn't appear in the quest log.  If you ignore the order and forget about it, there's nothing to remind you.  I'll investigate why the quest doesn't show up.

Okay I see, the quest does show up, however it ended up in the "MISC" quest category which is why I missed it.

edit; the weird thing is I'd swear I saw it in the main quest log at first and thought I'd done it since it was no longer there after a bit. But I could be wrong on that. Sorry if I wasted your time on this one. 

19 minutes ago, Sospice said:

I do have the DF patch installed and the SLS patch installed. Did I miss somewhere that we shouldn't use either anymore?

Those patches are no longer needed if you are using the latest versions of DFC and SubLola.

A while back, I updated my posts that contain the patches to indicate the mod versions that make the patches obsolete.

Improving Compatibility between Submissive Lola and Devious Followers Continued (DFC) "There appears to be a small incompatibility between Submissive Lola and Devious Followers Continued 2.12.2 and earlier versions. This issue does not occur with DFC 2.13.1 and later versions."

Improving Compatibility between Submissive Lola and Sexlab Survival (SLS) "There appears to be a significant incompatibility between Sexlab Survival and Submissive Lola 2.0.21 and earlier versions. The problem does not occur with Submissive Lola 2.0.22 and later versions."

20 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

I would use it.  I don't use DF anymore and don't have Devious Helpers, but I do use DCL so it would be helpful if the master could remove items.

1 hour ago, Sospice said:

Okay I see, the quest does show up, however it ended up in the "MISC" quest category which is why I missed it.

Yes, I just realized that it's the quest type; it's not something I usually look at.  This was an original quest, and I hadn't done much with it.

SS.png.cde927d890e5792c330a39609d616e84.png

I've switched the type to side quest, so it will show in the main list of quests.  The old way was nicer, if you you knew that you really had to do this and took care of it right away, since you didn't have to see a big "quest started" notification.  But this will avoid confusion.

There's also a gap in the dialog for asking for a spanking, if you were told to ask a guard and haven't done it yet.  I'll add something to clarify the situation.

Edit:  If anyone's wondering, I had already added conditions to exclude this outcome if the player's MCM setting excludes sex with male NPCs.

59 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

Yes, I just realized that it's the quest type; it's not something I usually look at.  This was an original quest, and I hadn't done much with it.

SS.png.cde927d890e5792c330a39609d616e84.png

I've switched the type to side quest, so it will show in the main list of quests.  The old way was nicer, if you you knew that you really had to do this and took care of it right away, since you didn't have to see a big "quest started" notification.  But this will avoid confusion.

There's also a gap in the dialog for asking for a spanking, if you were told to ask a guard and haven't done it yet.  I'll add something to clarify the situation.

Edit:  If anyone's wondering, I had already added conditions to exclude this outcome if the player's MCM setting excludes sex with male NPCs.

Okay, I can see why you had it under MISC to avoid a main quest notification, but whatever you think is best.

I have another one for you;

When you're carrying a pack for your master for one day, I'll just tell you how it progressed;

Carry pack for one day starts; 

1: Character walked for a few game hours (starting and stopping walking) depending on events.
2: Master then announces "he wants you to put on a special performance".
3: Vibration of devious devices commences.
4: also once step 3 commences, Master starts intermittently whipping you, telling character to "who told you that you can stop, get moving".
After that point, it seems that anytime you stop walking or running, step 4 happens.

I get the impression that the character is supposed to be whipped when you stop walking/ running?

I just wanted to check how this is supposed to work, and report how it functioned over a few game hours. I did advance the clock using wait the remainder of the day, and the dialogue option to request you stop being a pack mule worked fine.  

If how I think it's supposed to work is right, might I suggest something like increasing the timer on how long it takes before the "get moving" event happens? In the above instance, it immediately interrupted the "special performance" event and it was doing it even when I stopped to talk to my followers.

edit; although it seems like you've written it so it detects when movement speed is at 0, which would explain why it immediately fires.