I'm posting this again, as last time, it might have gone unnoticed, as it was in the middle of a rather long post a couple of days back, and I think this might be a genuine issue, this time:

When you put the collar for the first time, you get the option to put it on firmly, or to try to close it so that it doesn't properly lock. I chose this second option, in-line with my character's motivation, and later was able to successfully remove the collar, without triggering the constant zapping. The collar got consumed by this action, and the owner, even though she was right behind me, did not notice that, nor did she made any comments about that, or require that I put it on again, or issue a new one. This persisted seemingly for an indeterminate period of time. I did not continue until a new collar upgrade event was triggered, what probably would resolve this, but still, it's something I think the owner should notice.

With that, I got an idea, though I understand if that's too much extra work to implement, but I thought it would be fun, if the owner, if you successfully escape the collar and run off, sent bounty hunters after you, similar to POP, and then forced you to compensate her/him for the expense...

3 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Version 2.0.7

Added:  A new option on the Devices page, "Piercings fire on dragon soul absorption".
- When you absorb a dragon soul, the vibrating piercings your owner gave you absorb power too and go wild!

(...)

- No I can't do this for word walls in a safe and efficient way.  Sorry, that would be fun.

That sounds fun! Too bad that you cannot get this to work with the Word Walls, as I normally don't bother with dragons or the mainquest.

6 minutes ago, gargamel9 said:

When you put the collar for the first time, you get the option to put it on firmly, or to try to close it so that it doesn't properly lock. I chose this second option, in-line with my character's motivation, and later was able to successfully remove the collar, without triggering the constant zapping. The collar got consumed by this action, and the owner, even though she was right behind me, did not notice that...

Uhmmm, did anyone tell you in the last days that yor setup is really borked? No? I'll do it then.

When you unequip your collar, you'll get zapped to death. Game over. Unless you re-equip your collar of course, then the zapping stops.

No need to tell a bounty hunter - and what are you? Another escaped slave. Who cares?

56 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Uhmmm, did anyone tell you in the last days that yor setup is really borked? No? I'll do it then.

When you unequip your collar, you'll get zapped to death. Game over. Unless you re-equip your collar of course, then the zapping stops.

No need to tell a bounty hunter - and what are you? Another escaped slave. Who cares?

Well, my game was indeed broken, but then I did a new build and it seems very stable now. All quests work as expected and complete correctly, apart from the occasional missing text in dialogs (which still can be selected, only you just can't read them, with three dots being displayed instead – but that might have something to do with the VR UI). The collar does zap me, if I remove it, when I do not sabotage it, when putting it on, as it should.

But maybe you haven't noticed, that if you go for the contract option, at the beginning, when your owner hands you the collar, you get a dialog asking you whether you do want to put the collar on firmly, or rather basically sabotage it and just pretend to put it on, clearly suggesting, that this is intended to be an option in the story line, with the collar not working properly, in preparation of your escape. And that works as expected, too, apart from the fact that your owner doesn't notice you are escaping, even when directly in front of them. I think this might be just an omission. I can see myself forgetting about having put the sabotage option in at the beginning, if I were ever capable to produce a mod like this. It's not game-breaking, but I thought I just might make a note of it here, so it can be addressed, if desired.

(edit - a simple fix, I think, may be that the magic of the collar makes it close properly even when you try to sabotage it, ending in the same outcome as if you don§t, maybe just lowering your submission score and/or earning you a punishment)

As for hunting down of escaped slaves, history tells me that this was taken very seriously and escaped slaves were treated very harshly, be it in Rome, or the US, I wouldn't say, people took a "who cares" attitude towards that. But, of course, I may be wrong.

38 minutes ago, gargamel9 said:

But maybe you haven't noticed, that if you go for the contract option, at the beginning, when your owner hands you the collar, you get a dialog asking you whether you do want to put the collar on firmly, or rather basically sabotage it and just pretend to put it on, clearly suggesting, that this is intended to be an option in the story line, with the collar not working properly, in preparation of your escape.

I admit that I haven't noticed this. I always try to start SLtR via SS++ as a workaround to avoid having the nuisome (uhmm... my dictionary has no adjective for a nuisance? That's annoying!) EFF circle-menu. So I don't get a collar to equip it myself, but Mistress locks it on me.

The option to "manipulate the lock" sounds like perfectly normal DD behaviour. If you have a standard Restraints Key you can unlock it yourself - and really should be zapped for taking it off.

About the price of slaves and hunting them down or not - I've played with PAH for a while, but never felt it was worth all the trouble of training a slave for the few coins you get for selling them. So if someone in-game would hand me a note, "Slave escaped! Reward!" I'd rather go digging potatoes if finding that slave wasn't for the progression of some quest. YMMV.

37 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

I always try to start SLtR via SS++

I prefer that option, too, but unfortunately, in VR it does not work, as there is no way to set your future owner before the auction, So I had to go with this alternate scenario, which I described in a post two days ago. Not sure what the circle menu is, I do not get that, though I noticed a mention of something like that in one of the mod menus, not sure which.

The option to "manipulate the lock" sounds like perfectly normal DD behaviour.

And it is, though I think this time, it was slightly different, but don't remember. can't revisit the game atm. Even if it is, I'm pretty sure that the option I chose when I was given the collar was what caused it not to keep zapping me. So it's either a separate feature, or it utilizes DD, but with some parameter somewhere set for the collar not to go off.

About the price of slaves and hunting them down

This would be easily (I imagine) fixed by simply raising the price, but I am not really interested in hunting slaves down myself (though that is an interesting proposition, too), but rather be hunted down (edit - bounty placed by your mistress), in which case the amount for which the bounty hunter accepts their contract doesn't really concern me...(edit -  The point would be that any escape attempt is futile and you have to find out the hard way... And if she were to demand to be reimbursed, even a small amount is very hard for me to make as I let the Mistress have 100% of Radiadiant Prostitution income and 99% of all other income, and whenever she hits her poverty limit (5000), she just takes whatever I have (I set her daily expenditures to 300, I really like how these settings work.)

What reminds me (see my post above), what I really like about Submissive Lola: Resubmitted, is, how food, which I used to regard as completely worthless in the game, suddenly becomes the most precious and valued resource, because you never know what meal the mistress will demand next, and with Kal's mod installed and the enough is enough options enabled, after the first warning, you simply can not afford to disappoint her...

8 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Did you carefully read and check each step in the Troubleshooting section of the "How To" files for Thoughts and Confessions?  I'm not asking this to give you a hard time, but because following each step carefully should guarantee success.  If it's not working, maybe you missed something.

Did you check your changes with jsonlint.com?  If you're using a mod manager, did you put your edited file in the real Data\Interface\Lola folder?

What did you mean with the real Data...
(Yes, i using a mod manager and the steps i have tried, but your last sentence could be the point)

On 1/8/2021 at 5:20 AM, HexBolt8 said:

That one is a total mystery, compounded if it sometimes goes away on its own.  I'll put in some kind of whipping bypass for players who having problems, but I'd like to understand and fix it.  It doesn't seem to affect that many people, so many it's an odd conflict with another mod, too many animations, or something external to this one.  For that matter, the whipping itself is handled by ZAP; this mod just sets it up.

I also have whipping scenes that do nothing - that are unrelated to SubLo - so it's probably not a SubLo issue.

I'd say that some mod (but it could be almost anything) is preventing the NPCs going into attack mode.

It might be Slaverun?

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

I also have whipping scenes that do nothing - that are unrelated to SubLo - so it's probably not a SubLo issue.

I'd say that some mod (but it could be almost anything) is preventing the NPCs going into attack mode.

It might be Slaverun?

Slaverun cannot be the culprit in my case - I never installed that.

10 hours ago, gargamel9 said:

When you put the collar for the first time, you get the option to put it on firmly, or to try to close it so that it doesn't properly lock.

That's Devious Devices (DD) offering to let you manipulate the locks.  In DD5 that's disabled by default, though you can reenable it.  I believe that DD5 has functionality to force the lock closed, but I'm not requiring DD5 yet (I'm waiting for the bug fixes in 5.1, though I'm personally using DD5).

10 hours ago, gargamel9 said:

The collar got consumed by this action, and the owner, even though she was right behind me, did not notice that, nor did she made any comments about that, or require that I put it on again, or issue a new one.

You have some sort DD error.  Devices have 2 parts, the one you see in inventory and an invisible one that keeps you from just unequipping the device.  The part that you see on your character apparently wasn't rendering, but you weren't being punished because you still had part of it equipped.  That's not supposed to happen, but others have had similar problems,  NapsOnDirt was getting punished by the Move Your Ass plug when it didn't look like it even present.  As far as I know, these are DD issues.  

Eventually, I'll be able to force the collar to lock in the script, though unless you have it so that your owner confiscates your keys, you'll still be able to unlock it.

The mod doesn't handle escaping because at its heart its a consensual enslavement mod.  I've added some optional non-con elements, and MrEsturk added the contracts (a voluntary agreement), so if you want to enforce it you'll have to do so with roleplay.  You said your Mistress has powerful magic.  She should be able to track you down, or do something unpleasant if you wander off too far.

14 hours ago, Koraten97 said:

What did you mean with the real Data...
(Yes, i using a mod manager and the steps i have tried, but your last sentence could be the point)

Skyrim is installed in its own folder, typically \Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data.  That's the real Data folder.  If you were installing mods manually, you'd unzip them into that folder.  Mod managers do their magic by building a fake data folder and presenting it to the operating system as the real one.  They're supposed to treat the contents of the real data folder as overrides.  If the game isn't finding your Thoughts.json file, you probably just have to copy it there (into ...\Data\Interface\Lola).

EDIT:  I've been informed that I'm wrong about the way that files get overridden, at least for MO.  You'll have to work with your mod manager.  What I can say with certainty is that this mod looks for Data\Interface\Lola\Thoughts.json.  However your mod manager works, that's what the mod tries to read.

4 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

It might be Slaverun?

I wish that was what's happening, I really do, but I don't think it is.  Whipping in this mod is handled by its WhipPlayer script function (which after a bit of setup calls the Zaz WhipPlayer function).  For testing, I have special dialog lines with the follower that are exposed by setting a global variable.  That lets me (or the player) ask the follower for a whipping and invoke WhipPlayer.

The person who had whipping not start (owner just stood there) said that it does work using the test dialog.  Both paths call the same WhipPlayer function.  That's why I'm mystified as to why it doesn't work (or fail) all the time.  Only a few players have the problem.  I've given up trying to figure it out, so I now offer players a console command to set a variable so that calls to WhipPlayer will do spanking instead.

8 hours ago, gargamel9 said:

what I really like about Submissive Lola: Resubmitted, is, how food, which I used to regard as completely worthless in the game, suddenly becomes the most precious and valued resource, because you never know what meal the mistress will demand next....

I like that too.  For me it's like a weight penalty.  Mostly I carry drinks for Run, Lola, Run (which triggers in more places), which is perfectly reasonable.  A good submissive anticipates the owner's needs.  I don't use a real food mod, but I pretend that meat spoils after a day, so I throw it away after that.  It's motivation to keep finding fresh venison or salmon for those meals, just what a good slave would do.

8 hours ago, gargamel9 said:

I let the Mistress have 100% of Radiadiant Prostitution income and 99% of all other income, and whenever she hits her poverty limit (5000), she just takes whatever I have (I set her daily expenditures to 300, I really like how these settings work.)

It's a flexible system.  I use the poverty limit as soft economic pressure.  I don't pay Mistress, but I'm motivated to keep her gold topped off.  Besides daily expenses, I (as the player, not the character) upgrade her gear through vendor purchases.  If I see an item she can use, I have her "buy" it by subtracting a fair price from her gold and giving her the item with the console.  Unexpected purchases can ruin my day.

Copied from Laura's Bondage Shop:  

10 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

When I returned to the shop, Laura unequipped the collar, but forgot to lock my old collar back on me. So while I'm stuck in the conversation, I got zapped to death for not wearing my slave collar.

That is a good thing for LBS to do (it wasn't clear if it's a DD glitch or an oversight to reequip the old collar).  For my part, I'll suspend required item punishments while the dialog window is open.

That's Devious Devices (DD) offering to let you manipulate the locks.  In DD5 that's disabled by default

I see, I thought that was only for manipulation after the device is on. I did enable it, so I'll disable it again, thanks for the info.

As for the disappearing collars, it isn't much of an issue, as it is easily fixed by a reload. And I keep finding new ones, so I always keep one spare, as it seems they're all interchangeable.

Eventually, I'll be able to force the collar to lock in the script, though unless you have it so that your owner confiscates your keys, you'll still be able to unlock it.

It would be nice though, if the mistress could notice this. But I do understand that there's so many other ideas that could be expanded upon and so little time... I really appreciate that you take the time to answer all these questions here in the forum.

2 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

I pretend that meat spoils after a day,

I'd like that too, but it seems like too much of a hassle to keep track of all that, so that mod you mentioned can do that automatically?

2 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

I have her "buy" it by subtracting a fair price from her gold

I disabled myself being able taking any gold from her, but that's another nice idea for a future event, when she would take you on a shopping spree, buy tons and fancy clothes and then whore you out to restore her balance. I really like how you handled the gold. Maybe add an option, owner won't let you keep gold above a (slider) amount... again some day in the distant future...

at its heart its a consensual enslavement mod

Yes, I know, and IRL I am all about that, but I like to pretend it's not. And since this is a game, and you have to install the mods and take all of those actions to get into the predicament, I think, even if there's no mention of consensuality, inherently, it can not be non-consensual. I'd be more afraid of the name of the mod raising some red flags somewhere. Personally, for me, it's just another name, I can make the distinction, but there's all kinds of people out there, and eventually this could turn sour...

1 hour ago, gargamel9 said:

I did enable it, so I'll disable it again, thanks for the info.

Up to you.  The option to manipulate locks is useful if you're trying on several devices, but if you're not then it's an extra click.  The collar doesn't have to be locked to count.

I keep finding new ones, so I always keep one spare, as it seems they're all interchangeable.

DD can get confused if you have Collar X in your inventory and equip Collar Y (or any devices of the same type).  Unless you can sell it (and intend to), dump extra collars and devices in a barrel.  This mod's Help page as an "I lost my collar" button to get another.  Or if you want a new style that's in the list, ask your owner for a change.

I'd like that too, but it seems like too much of a hassle to keep track of all that, so that mod you mentioned can do that automatically?

Actually, I just noticed that iNeed (which I use) has food spoilage.  I should turn that on.

I disabled myself being able taking any gold from her

Use the console.  The merchant has an Amulet of Major Awesomeness that she could use.  Assume that she gets a more favorable rate than you, say 10-20% less than your cost.  Deduct her gold with the console.  Use the console to give yourself the amulet and trade it to her (so she'll equip it).  If she's trading in her lesser amulet, it's a similar process to remove it from her and give her the gold (do that first or you could hit the poverty limit).  It's a few manual steps, but I like that my owner has real expenses, and shopping is fun because I might find a useful upgrade for her.

Yes, I know, and IRL I am all about that, but I like to pretend it's not.

Oh I usually play some variation of non-consensual myself, either purchased as a slave or voluntarily entered an agreement that the owner never allows to end.  Then I fabricate a reason why running off is unwise, be it a magic collar, a spell, an obligation, or the owner's connections with the rich & powerful (and/or Skyrim's criminal organizations).

On 1/8/2021 at 5:05 PM, HexBolt8 said:

Vilja probably won't work, but the slave auction just uses Skyrim's generic follower recruitment function and hopes for the best.  Try enslaving yourself to Vilja in the normal way (read the book or start the quest in the MCM and talk to her) and let us know if that works for you.

This didn't work. After recruiting Vilja (and completing her first basic quest to get the rest of her follower dialog/options), there is no option to start SLTR in the dialog after starting the quest in MCM. Other custom dialog quests such as the shopping quest from DD show up though.

As a suggestion, how about if the electrical shock punishment spell also shrunk the player character by a small percentage? The height difference, especially the kneeling animation, feels like a big part of this mod!

Excellent mod that brought me back after year away good job HexBolt.

Is there a way to register multiple followers as potential buyers for SS? I think DEC did something similar for SD+ masters. Having that randomness adds to auction of guessing who will you end up with.

44 minutes ago, kilolima said:

As a suggestion, how about if the electrical shock punishment spell also shrunk the player character by a small percentage?

As much as you're going to get zapped, you'd soon be Ant Man!

19 minutes ago, sportsfan said:

Excellent mod that brought me back after year away good job HexBolt.

Thanks!

19 minutes ago, sportsfan said:

Is there a way to register multiple followers as potential buyers for SS?

No, it only supports one buyer.

8 minutes ago, green365 said:

does the mod require a new save to start? its installed but not popping up in MCM?

It does not require a new save. 

Enter "sqv vkj_mcm" in the console (that's an underscore, not a hyphen).  If it's not found or the state is not Running, you have installation problems.

Reinstall the mod.  Surprisingly, that often works for people.

Try "setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1" in the console and wait a minute or two.

Enter any other mod's MCM menu, then exit and wait a minute.

If it's still not working, you might have a script-heavy game or a game that's become unstable.  There's no solution for that.

7 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Mod managers do their magic by building a fake data folder and presenting it to the operating system as the real one.  They're supposed to treat the contents of the real data folder as overrides.

I believe that in MO, virtual files will override real ones - by design - not the reverse.

You can demonstrate this quite easily with the 'Data' view in the right-hand tab.

If you have a virtual file and a real file, you will see the source is the mod, not the base file-system, and the file will be colored red as a warning that there's an override.

In MO, overrides go in the Overrides folder :) but you shouldn't use that as a long-term solution because it's shared between profiles rather than profile-specific, so in a multi-profile scenario, things can easily get broken. That is why MO advises you to keep the overrides folder clean.