59 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

I don't have a good answer for you.  You obviously searched for help on this problem (thank you for that).  The crash really should not happen (I assume that your game is otherwise stable).  The test whipping calls the same script function that other whipping scenes use, so it should be a very good test.  If the test works, then whipping should always work.  That's actually why I set up that test, to really test out whipping, spanking, etc.

There is no way to disable whipping scenes now.  Generally they're very reliable.  I'll see about adding some sort of bypass, even if it's just a console command.  I suppose I could have that do spanking instead, but it would sometimes not match the dialog.  If you can, make a note of what the owner says before the whipping scene, and also note if it ever works.  

Hm, okay.

(My game is working fine beside this problem)

About the Note: "I like seeing you on your knees, but you haven't been doing it enough." This was the only thing the Owner said to my Char. I tried to get another dialog but it only gave me that one. 

(Does the original mod of "Submissive Lola" work with this one here? Cuz you said you need the "esp." file for it to work.) (i have both mods installed) Maybe i did something wrong with the "esp." probably.?!

mods.PNG

16 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

As far as I understood, @Lupine00 had a major computer crash and just couldn't mend any of the known/ reported problems. Things are looking better now, but it's not some tiny little mod that you fix with a snap of your fingers.

Moving my dev machine to a VM wasn't because it crashed, it was because it was impractical for me to use the old physical machine in my revised office situation; there just wasn't room for it to live along with its own mouse space, screen, keyboard etc.

I did fix those issues months ago, but then I couldn't do any modding because I couldn't use the computer, and because I had to take over the work of multiple people who were let go due to economic fears, while also ensuring my kids did "home learning". And guess what? I don't think it's appropriate for them to see me editing stuff on my screen where every other word is whore, cunt, or slave. Whether this problem is resolved going forward ... I don't know yet.

I've had some time this holiday to sort out my existing Skyrim game, which required over 100 mod updates to be "fresh", resolve issues with new hardware, and struggle with surprises from new mods; a routine we're all used to!

I still need to rewrite all the deal dialogues for DFC (again) to support a way of giving out deals that means you can refuse modular deals based on what they are, rather than blindly.

It's not giant brain stuff, it's just a boring grind, but it needs to be done before deals will work again

Anyway, a conflict with DF? What is the problem?

I think at a dialog level, DF and SubLo would clash thematically if not technically. One is about willingly subjugating yourself because you like it and a follower who is giving you what you want, and the other is about the follower trying to turn you into a helplessly dependent vending machine that makes them rich for low effort.

8 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

something's messed up in your game

Could be connected to a few new mods I have added. The savegame is completely broken now, getting error messages about jcontainer... I'll make a clean build, try it in VR again, this time, as I have learned a few new things about mod deployment...
But if you want, I can make a video of the issue.

15 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

It definitely has some german vibe to it, although I couldn't make out any words.

Not as if this is important, but I thought it was funny. I could clearly distinguish the world "Menschen" and a few others, I forgot since. Sounded like Merkel, too :D Just thought it was funny... I'm not German either, but I guess you could say it's my third mother tongue...

17 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:
On 1/6/2021 at 10:41 AM, gargamel9 said:

if you ever need some 3D models (devices, not humans or creatures), I'd be happy to help out, I'm getting quite good at that.

Great!  That talent will make you a very popular person around here.  If there are other mods that you enjoy too (have you tried Laura's Bondage Shop?), those authors might appreciate some help.  Regarding VR, it's my hope that frameworks and utilities like MCM will catch up with it so that all of their features (such as crosshair targeting) will be supported.

I keep missing responses to my own comments.
I do, indeed, have Laura's shop installed. but I am more interested in your mod and SS++, but if they approach me, I will help. So far, I think I would be able to make pretty nice devices like torture chairs, pillories etc., fairly easy, and now with, VR and MS Maquette, the design possibilities are even better. So feel free to ask, whenever you need something. I only may need some help with textures, as until now, all my models were for 3D printing, so no textures were necessary.
VR is definitely the way to go. Apart from the obvious topic related stuff, magic and shooting bows is extremely entertaining. It's just like a dream I had years back, when I was able to shoot fireballs from my hands. Very satisfying.

The Oculus Rift S is really cheap now. And it works really well, can definitely recommend it. The only (quite annoying) downside is, you have to pair it with a Facebook account, as the company is now owned by FB.

6 hours ago, AhriIsMyWaifuu said:

If a whipping scene starts my character kneels on the ground, the Mistress equips the Cane and then she just stands there and does nothing, after the scene ends my game just crashes. 

I had the same issue, turned out to be a problem with missing animations (a message stating this appeared once, but not always). Sometimes the characters would be just standing there, other times, a vanilla SL scene would play. Check if any are installed and registered with FNIS...

Soo, LL decided to 502 me and eat the post I tried to write 2 hours ago...

2 hours ago, AhriIsMyWaifuu said:

About the Note: "I like seeing you on your knees, but you haven't been doing it enough." This was the only thing the Owner said to my Char. I tried to get another dialog but it only gave me that one. 

(Does the original mod of "Submissive Lola" work with this one here? Cuz you said you need the "esp." file for it to work.) (i have both mods installed) Maybe i did something wrong with the "esp." probably.?!

I've had a problem with that whipping scene a while ago, no crash but scene doing nothing, although every other instance of whipping worked. It solved itself after a while, I "didn't touch anything"!

This mod is standalone, no need to have the old 1.1 version along. If bloody Vortex would support version handling it should have done that by itself. Now you need to uninstall v1.1 (and to be safe, refresh v2.0.6)

8 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Unfortunately, that's exactly the kind of content I don't want to add.  For the most part, the mod gives you short tasks but otherwise lets you play Skyrim however you please.

(...)

Hopefully that didn't come across as harsh.  Players should play as they want, and there's no wrong way to do it.  I just don't want to place many restrictions on the player in this mod, so it can be used in a wide variety of games.  

That attitude is what I like about this mod. It lets me play as I want, I can tell Mistress to bugger off (and get zapped) or obey as she likes it, and I can run around wherever I like and don't give a flying sh*t about politics or dragons. When she finds an interesting spot, she takes over, or comments on locations, but not really interrupting the game.

About adding a greater storyline with some slave supporting Mistress to become a thane (or High Queen) - I would consider that being another mod. Support for Lola might be what triggers the writing, but there are so many slave mods out there, that I can imagine, if that's good, everybody will come along and ask for integration of their mod too.

21 minutes ago, gargamel9 said:

I'm not German either, but I guess you could say it's my third mother tongue...

Oh, I am german, but that didn't help.

6 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:
31 minutes ago, gargamel9 said:

I'm not German either, but I guess you could say it's my third mother tongue...

Oh, I am german, but that didn't help.

I didn't notice it at first either. The ambient sound loops every 12 seconds or so (it's very well done, barely noticeable), but there is one voice that stands out. A reason to play through the scene again maybe? :)  

3 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I think at a dialog level, DF and SubLo would clash thematically if not technically. One is about willingly subjugating yourself because you like it and a follower who is giving you what you want, and the other is about the follower trying to turn you into a helplessly dependent vending machine that makes them rich for low effort.

It was most likely an issue on my end, I made an edit with Tes5edit listed here to get rid of a dialogue conflict

After restoring the original esp and starting a new game the problem was gone. I don't know whether the edit would cause larger issues though :P

I started a new game using latest version and DD5. I was failing the Strong Hand quest. Tried removing all items as previously suggested. ZAZ keyword was 0.

Reverted back to DD4. And was able to complete the quest. Is there anything special that needs to be done to make DD5 work?

Hi! I love the mod and have a question: during a playthrough with it, I set the option to be kept beyond a certain submission score to 50. Once I reached that, the slider got greyed out. I tried with the settings a bit to have the owner keep me UNTIL a certain score is reached (to simulate a kind of slave training the PC will only be released from after being trained), but the respective slider didn't get greyed out - which is a bummer, since I tend to just go the easy route sometimes and just deactivate settings that inconvene me at the time. Which I hate me for.

So I dunno if I'm doing something wrong here, but would it be possible to have the sliders (being kept beyond and below a certain score) be locked until the release condition is met? Maybe triggered in the cheat prevention menu to not be a nuisance for players with more self control? 

And lastly, thank you so much for the great work!

1 hour ago, ck2modfan said:

I started a new game using latest version and DD5. I was failing the Strong Hand quest. Tried removing all items as previously suggested. ZAZ keyword was 0.

Reverted back to DD4. And was able to complete the quest. Is there anything special that needs to be done to make DD5 work?

I've tried on SE with both DD5 and DD4 and both worked without issue, so I'm not sure what's going wrong there.

7 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I've been thinking about this dissonance lately. I really enjoy having both mods installed, but the thematic mismatch can definitely be distracting. This is exacerbated by the fact that DFC generally has a fairly slow buildup until the PC can be considered a slave, whereas SLR starts with slavery as a given. And that's not even mentioning all the conflicting deals between the two mods (dual nudity and piercing rules, the DFC collar deal being redundant, etc.).

Sometimes I'm tempted to learn more about modding to see if I could integrate one into the other, but that feels like both a herculean and sisyphean task.

8 hours ago, AhriIsMyWaifuu said:

As CaptainJ03 said, you shouldn't have both versions installed.  1.1 and 2.x are the same mod; 2.x is the newer update.  The zip files have different names, but the esp files have the same name, which is a sure indication that you should only run one of them.  Ideally, 2.x would be overwriting 1.1 in your game, but having both can't be good.

8 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

1 hour ago, Aldid said:

I really enjoy having both mods installed, but the thematic mismatch can definitely be distracting. This is exacerbated by the fact that DFC generally has a fairly slow buildup until the PC can be considered a slave, whereas SLR starts with slavery as a given. And that's not even mentioning all the conflicting deals between the two mods (dual nudity and piercing rules, the DFC collar deal being redundant, etc.).

Sub Lola The Resubmission has optional non-consensual elements that the original did not, but yes they work differently.  Nonetheless, a fair number of players like having both.  One way that players have said they do it is with multiple followers.  One is the Sub Lola owner, and the other is the devious follower.  They might be working together, or they might be competing for control, but their personal agendas stay consistent that way.  Personally, I don't mix the mods, but this kind of play has been described by others.

As far as I know, the Sub Lola item requirements won't conflict with DFC deals.  I've also tried to say away from adding content that's too similar to a DFC deal, so that players with both mods won't see duplication.  The events mostly work differently, and that helps.  Sub Lola has a lot of quick tasks on a timer.  DFC doesn't do that, so there's no collision.  Both mods are fine with your wearing whatever instance of a required item type.  (Sub Lola makes you wear a collar, any collar.  DFC might make you wear any collar.  Both mods are satisfied.)  The recently-added Faster, Lola, Faster event does require a specific plug, but only for a short time.

8 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Sub Lola initiates its events with force greetings.  I've reduced its use of blocking dialog somewhat, but it still relies on it a lot.  DFC has blocking dialog for the situation when a DF is forced on you, to the effect that "I had to pay a fine for you so I'm not letting you out of my sight".  That line blocks force greetings from Lola.  I haven't personally tested it, but I'm told that Sub Lola's line is still available afterwards by clicking an ellipsis ("...") in the dialog options, and if so that's a workaround (if awkward) though perhaps that's not always available (then it's a problem).

I thought that someone weeks ago said that you (Lupine00) were aware of it, but I could be mistaken.  Players have resolved the issue by patching DFC to make that "paid a fine" line non blocking.  If its purpose is mainly for atmosphere, perhaps you'd be willing to disable it in DFC if Sub Lola is detected (Quest.GetQuest("vkjMQ") != none).  I've tried to handle the conflict here, without success.

1 hour ago, Aldid said:

Sometimes I'm tempted to learn more about modding to see if I could integrate one into the other, but that feels like both a herculean and sisyphean task.

Integrate two complex mods, both of which are actively developed and therefore moving targets?  You don't want to do that.  ?

7 hours ago, gargamel9 said:

The savegame is completely broken now, getting error messages about jcontainer... I'll make a clean build, try it in VR again, this time, as I have learned a few new things about mod deployment...
But if you want, I can make a video of the issue.

Some mod authors thought it would be great to build jcontainers into their mods.  Then they quit working on them, so an outdated version is built in.  Make sure that a current version is overwriting anything else that "helpfully" provides its own copy.  I don't need a video or screenshots unless it provides new info.  When I say things like "that shouldn't happen", that's all I mean:  I don't see how that could happen.  It's not that I'm doubting anyone's word on it.  You've probably realized that this game is hopelessly borked.  I suggest a new game or rolling back to a stable save.  At least you've learned a lot.

6 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

I've had a problem with that whipping scene a while ago, no crash but scene doing nothing, although every other instance of whipping worked. It solved itself after a while, I "didn't touch anything"!

That one is a total mystery, compounded if it sometimes goes away on its own.  I'll put in some kind of whipping bypass for players who having problems, but I'd like to understand and fix it.  It doesn't seem to affect that many people, so many it's an odd conflict with another mod, too many animations, or something external to this one.  For that matter, the whipping itself is handled by ZAP; this mod just sets it up.

4 hours ago, ck2modfan said:

No, it should work fine.  I tested Strong Hand with DD5 a lot, but only in a game where I'd upgraded from DD4.  To minimize the chance of problems, don't have any collars in your inventory unless it's one that you're wearing.  In fact, wearing your own collar at the start is simplest, because the mod will see that and not give you another one.

2 hours ago, Donfelice said:

would it be possible to have the sliders (being kept beyond and below a certain score) be locked until the release condition is met?

Kept Beyond works that way.  After you exceed the score threshold, the slider is disabled.  Until then, you can adjust it.  Note that it doesn't become locked immediately, only after your score is updated.  That gives you time to reconsider, if you're just playing with the sliders.  After that, to escape you have to lower your score below the threshold (owner becomes displeased enough with you to let you go).

Kept Below is different, because you start "kept" and have to work your way out, rather than starting "free" and progressing toward being kept.  We don't want players to spoil their games by inadvertently trapping themselves.

2 hours ago, Donfelice said:

Maybe triggered in the cheat prevention menu to not be a nuisance for players with more self control? 

That might do it.  It's on my list of things to consider, no promises though.

33 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

It's not that I'm doubting anyone's word on it.  You've probably realized that this game is hopelessly borked.  I suggest a new game or rolling back to a stable save.  At least you've learned a lot.

I'm not suggesting you are, I just thought you may spot something I am missing, in any case, it's a hilarious scene... But you're right that it would be a waste of time as I'm 99 % sure I caused this myself somehow. The learning curve is steep, but it's quite entertaining. I really hope, one day, I'll be able to do my own mods. Right now, I can't even get the Creation Kit running, always crashes seconds after startup. Thanks again and sorry for the false alarm.

7 hours ago, gargamel9 said:

... but I am more interested in your mod and SS++

Thanks, I'll definitely keep that in mind.  This mod isn't heavy on device use, but I've been thinking that some sort of non locking (non DD) item, such as headgear, could fit into a game or event.  How are you with items worn on the head? 

would love to have a chest harness for the pony girl event.  It optionally uses the zad_harnessBody.  It looks hot but it's built wrong for sex.  The crotch straps pose, ah, logistical problems.  But if it ended at the waist, it would look nice.  That would have to work with BodySlide.

Also, if there are any collar designs that interest you, that could be added.  I think there are generally enough available, but ones that are sturdy (more than a leather strap) but stylish (not that heavy iron collar) could fill a gap.  If it interests you.

5 hours ago, ck2modfan said:

Had this happen to me too. Also happened with the piercing the owner gave me. They appear in my inventory but they were the common soulgem piercing and didnt lock on. Had to add the shocking piercing myself so that my pcs owner could use them.

6 minutes ago, gargamel9 said:

Right now, I can't even get the Creation Kit running, always crashes seconds after startup.

Take a look at TES5Edit.  I do almost all my work in it.  The CK is clearly better for some things, but TES5Edit is fast and never crashes.  The two tools provide different views into a mod, and that can be very helpful.

Any idea on the quest failure.. I was able to get it working reverting to DD4.3 but now that wont work either.  Tried fresh start - new install with both and nada - fails...  Would love to get this working if anyone has any ideas...

Even tried ZAZ 8+ instead figuring something was borking the DD devices - nothing...  would ZAZ7 be messing with it?  Havent tried taking that out yet..

2 minutes ago, Demodog said:

Also happened with the piercing the owner gave me. They appear in my inventory but they were the common soulgem piercing and didnt lock on. Had to add the shocking piercing myself so that my pcs owner could use them.

That is so weird.  I just recently had the piercing event (it was after moving to DD5) and it worked fine.  The piercings locked on as they should.  I'm glad that you got around it, but you shouldn't have had to.  Not trying to shift the blame, but I don't think it's this mod.  It's just equipping standard DD items, still using the DD4 functions (which DD5 still supports).  Maybe there's some kind of DD updating issue, but it hasn't affected my game.

3 minutes ago, prried said:

I was able to get it working reverting to DD4.3 but now that wont work either.

As with Demodog and others, I don't know what would cause a DD item to not equip, though removeallitems has generally worked (not as a practical solution, but as test to see if you have hidden items that interfere).  You should be able to equip a collar that you like before talking to your future owner.  The mod fully supports using your own collar, and the dialog shifts to recognize that.  Works well if you want the Pet Collar or something like that from another mod.  Equip a collar, start Strong Hand, talk to follower, and it should work.  I don't recall if you're still handed a collar for that.  Probably not, but if you are, just throw it away.