**The Official Fusion Girl 1.75+ Armor and Clothing Conversion Thread**

Vtaw Wardrobe 9 Beta 0.82 - Fusion Girl Bodyslide Files

Fusion Girl Bodyslide files for Vtaw Wardrobe 9 Beta 0.82.

As soon as Vtaw brings an update I will create bodyslides for it and link them here.
When the mod is officially released by Vtaw, my FG conversion will also officially appear on Nexus.

Photo272.jpg.8d11f0993ddf3e48958fe228a8449311.jpg

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sOVCkS0Ispqz2G1nW_bGGcLXLBLwpm9D/view?usp=sharing

Edited by N.Gamma
33 minutes ago, N.Gamma said:

As soon as Vtaw brings an update I will create bodyslides for it and link them here.
When the mod is officially released by Vtaw, my FG conversion will also officially appear on Nexus.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cKtO0a3nbOM1QvcSfeQgA1Fv6ZocPcIF/view?usp=sharing

This is awesome.

Unfortunately, 'Access Denied'

9 hours ago, IBAGadget said:

@N.Gamma on the Wardrobe 9 conversion, most everything I have tested so far works just fine, but the Dream Bikini Top doesn't conform, so it gets clipped through the breasts.

Given the number of pieces in this pack so far, it may have just been missed in the conversion process.

Thanks for the feedback.

I hadn't forgotten about the Dream Bikini Top, but the sliders worked in Outfitstudio and in Bodyslide, but not ingame.

I have fixed this and uploaded a new version.

Edited by N.Gamma
On 8/5/2023 at 5:22 AM, N.Gamma said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sOVCkS0Ispqz2G1nW_bGGcLXLBLwpm9D/view?usp=sharing

Awesome, thanks! I don't have access to Wardrobe 9 but it's nice to know this will be available when it releases. Any plans to convert Wardrobe 8? From what I understand the one on Nexus has issues.

56 minutes ago, eiasjsf said:

Awesome, thanks! I don't have access to Wardrobe 9 but it's nice to know this will be available when it releases. Any plans to convert Wardrobe 8? From what I understand the one on Nexus has issues.

Only issue I've run into with the Wardrobe 8 conversion is the Combat Girl Belt, which doesn't like to conform properly, so it winds up clipping through your ass. I solved that issue by just not using that belt.

5 hours ago, eiasjsf said:

No, I have no plans to redo existing conversions, there are just too many clothing items in Vtaw Wardrobes for that.

I am aware that some parts in the existing Vtaw Wardrobes FG conversions are poorly converted or not converted at all and I would love to recreate them all, but that is just too time consuming.

Edited by N.Gamma
1 hour ago, N.Gamma said:

No, I have no plans to redo existing conversions, there are just too many clothing items in Vtaw Wardrobes for that.

I am aware that some parts in the existing Vtaw Wardrobes FG conversions are poorly converted or not converted at all and I would love to recreate them all, but that is just too time consuming.

Oh ok, I can't say I blame you for not wanting to lol. Thanks for taking up the challenge to do WD9 and your other conversions. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Karna5 said:

I doubt very much it's possible to make a good conversion of Vtaw's Wardrobes, at least using Outfit Studio, because they're very OCBPC unfriendly. They have vertices over the breast bones.

If O.S. ever gets a feature where you can combine vertices while keeping the texture placement the same that would change.

O.S. is super good at refining vertices and splitting vertices but has no feature for combining vertices.

Vtaw's wardrobes are superb, but they're traditional CBBE only in some cases.

Interesting, I've only converted a few things so I'm not sure what you're referring to. Would you mind explaining what you mean by vertices over the bones and why that's an issue? Also, I thought OS did have that ability with the Move Vertex tool and clicking it's option(s) to merge and weld two vertices while keeping the UV coordinates. Though I guess I could have misunderstood what that did. If that doesn't work, then wouldn't it just need to be done in Blender or something like that?

24 minutes ago, eiasjsf said:

Interesting, I've only converted a few things so I'm not sure what you're referring to. Would you mind explaining what you mean by vertices over the bones and why that's an issue? Also, I thought OS did have that ability with the Move Vertex tool and clicking it's option(s) to merge and weld two vertices while keeping the UV coordinates. Though I guess I could have misunderstood what that did. If that doesn't work, then wouldn't it just need to be done in Blender or something like that?

With OCBPC you can have one breast move up while the other moves down, independent motion in all directions. Uniboob is insufficient to cope with this because you can get tearing of the textures over the sternum when breasts move in opposite directions.

CBBE (traditional CBBE which uses vanilla bones) does not have this problem because the breasts don't move independently. Vtaw's outfits (and many other clothing outfits) have vertices over the sternum and are designed for Uniboob. Again, that's fine for traditional CBBE.

What works better, and what clothing authors like Humannature66 do, is to have no vertices over the breast bone. They still have textures over them, but because there are no vertices, when one breast goes up, and the other goes down, the textures move naturally and correctly between them.

Thus it's possible to convert HN66's work perfectly to Fusion Girl, but many outfits in Vtaw's wardrobes cannot be converted well. They'll always have bad conversions.

With regard to combining pieces, yes Outfit Studio supports that. But that's not what I'm saying. I'm talking about removing vertex points without eliminating the textures. It cannot convert a Vtaw style top into a Humannature66 style top.

As for moving vertex points, that's only good for string bikinis and the like (that's something I actually do a lot when converting Vtaw outfits to Fusion Girl for personal use). But it does not work, for instance, with tops like the Apron where moving a vertex stretches the texture visibly.

As for people spending the time converting Vtaw outfits to FG, even if they were willing to live with the inferior compatibility with OCBPC, because FG has more vertices on the breasts and groin, nearly every Vtaw outfit would need vertices ADDED over the breasts and groin as well as the groin being shifted down to make room for the vagina meshes.

So converting a Vtaw wardrobe:

a) is not compatible in many of Vtaw's tops which go over the sternum (except maybe string bikinis, as I said), and

b) requires a lot of finesse with adding vertices as needed and shifting positions, then repainting bones and making sure thigh bones don't touch the groins and the like.

You could easily end up spending half an hour per vtaw outfit if you count testing it in game and then tweaking (vtaw's collar bones, for instance, aren't always where ZEX has them, so you often have to go back and correct the collar bones or the like to avoid clipping during movement). And vtaw has hundreds of pieces to convert.

Edited by Karna5
Fixed a couple of typos
29 minutes ago, eiasjsf said:

Would you mind explaining

Hi, eiasjsf. Sorry for the second reply, but I just remembered that not long ago I used pictures to talk about this issue in another thread. If you'd like to see pictures of what I mean with regard to what Humannature66 does, you'll find it here:

If I'm right about how linking works in Loverslab, you'd need to click the top right button in the above window. :)

16 minutes ago, Karna5 said:

With OCBPC you can have one breast move up while the other moves down, independent motion in all directions. Uniboob is insufficient to cope with this because you can get tearing of the textures over the sternum when breasts move in opposite directions.

CBBE (traditional CBBE which uses vanilla bones) does not have this problem because the breasts don't move independently. Vtaw's outfits (and many other clothing outfits) have vertices over the sternum and are designed for Uniboob. Again, that's fine for traditional CBBE.

What works better, and what clothing authors like Humannature66 do, is to have no vertices over the breast bone. They still have textures over them, but because there are no vertices, when one breast goes up, and the other goes down, the textures move naturally and correctly between them.

Thus it's possible to convert HN66's work perfectly to Fusion Girl, but many outfits in Vtaw's wardrobes cannot be converted well. They'll always have bad conversions.

With regard to combining pieces, yes Outfit Studio supports that. But that's not what I'm saying. I'm talking about removing vertex points without eliminating the textures. It cannot convert a Vtaw style top into a Humannature66 style top.

As for moving vertex points, that's only good for string bikinis and the like (that's something I actually do a lot when converting Vtaw outfits to Fusion Girl for personal use). But it does not wor, for instance, with tops like the Apron where moving a vertex stretches the texture visibly.

As for people spending the time converting Vtaw outfits to FG, even if they were willing to live with the inferior compatibility with OCBPC, because FG has more vertices on the breasts and groin, nearly every Vtaw outfit would need vertices ADDED over the breasts and groin as well as the groin being shifted down to make room for the vagina meshes.

So converting a Vtaw wardrobe:

a) is not compatible in any of Vtaw's tops which go over the sternum (except maybe string bikinis, as I said), and

b) requires a lot of finesse with adding vertices as needed and shifting positions, then repainting bones and making sure thigh bones don't touch the groins and the like.

You could easily end up spending half an hour per vtaw outfit if you count testing it in game and then tweaking (vtaw's collar bones, for instance, aren't always where ZEX has them, so you often have to go back and correct the collar bones or the like to avoid clipping during movement). And vtaw has hundreds of pieces to convert.

I see, that hadn't occurred to me about the vertices across the sternum and how they work with OCBPC. I'll have to keep that in mind from now on, thanks for the info! Also, yikes about the work to convert one of the outfits, it already takes me a while to convert an outfit without those considerations lol.

On 7/21/2023 at 1:59 AM, AverageTomboyEnthusiast said:

Well, i can try it myself, but i'm literally just now switching from cbbe to fg, so i'll probably make a shitty job (and i'm also still configuring my whole load order, it's taking days ?)

Your conversions will be shitty for awhile. It will take time to get all the things correct however, once you have that, you can start converting things that aren't even in the same game.  Eventually, perhaps if you have the patience, even create items (from cutting other mods outfits to from scratch)

On 7/20/2023 at 10:49 PM, vaultbait said:

Absolutely, it's mainly a question of how long to wait before deciding this version has grown too stale, or whether there are other ways we can help until the maintainer returns (like figuring out exactly where the list updates stopped, and compiling roll-up posts with the newer entries for ease of future inclusion).

I believe your post is the first post after the OP's.  You can use that for updates and such. If you want to help the OP you can even keep it in the same general format (however one post)  YOu might be able to get the moderator to make a note (that can be removed of course) on top of the OP original post to seek your post for updates. That is until the OP comes.

As for a new post and "stale".  Depends on the movement of the conversions. If it is a lot of conversions, then I see no problem with a new thread. The OP might be busy with real world and or even be tired of the work to maintain such a thread.  Either case, someone could send a PM and let them know what is going on, the link to the thread etc and let them know they are welcome to take the udpated info and work it into their thread (original post for this subject) and that the new thread was to keep everything going while they were gone and once all has been updated the second thread could be purged unless they wanted or needed a break.

I have various mods listed under my name. I made none of them. Just moved them over to combine them, updated them etc. If/when the author decides they want it back, they can have it back. The moderators already know this. I don't even need to be here for that to happen.  My threads make sure that is clear. This IMO is the way to handle these things. Real life happens and sometimes people want to move on while others are still interested in said subject. No harm no foul. 

7 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

I believe your post is the first post after the OP's.  You can use that for updates and such.

That's a good suggestion, I hadn't actually thought of that possibility.

If you want to help the OP you can even keep it in the same general format (however one post)

Right, suggestions I've been posting for new entries in the recent past follow the same format as the original post to make copying/pasting easier. I agree it's a good practice to follow.

someone could send a PM and let them know what is going on, the link to the thread etc

Sure, I've helped the OP with their other mods via PM in the past, I'm happy to raise it with them, time permitting (though more recently my free modding time has been absorbed by mods I've started to make).

On 8/7/2023 at 12:26 AM, eiasjsf said:

OK, I couldn't resist starting my own conversion of Wardrobe 8.
I have no idea if it will be better than the one available on Nexus.