**The Official Fusion Girl 1.75+ Armor and Clothing Conversion Thread**

15 hours ago, timothyk1 said:

this is probly not the right place to ask but anyone know if theres a fusion patch for Serene Skin?

Serene Skin at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

If you have a steady hand, take half an hour and use Paint.Net to freehand copy the naughty bits of a Fusion Girl skin texture and paste them into the exact same location in that CBBE skin. A little airbrushing or retinting can also help if there's a hard line due to slight color mismatches.

7 hours ago, vaultbait said:

If you have a steady hand, take half an hour and use Paint.Net to freehand copy the naughty bits of a Fusion Girl skin texture and paste them into the exact same location in that CBBE skin. A little airbrushing or retinting can also help if there's a hard line due to slight color mismatches.

thanks but iv got no skill in drawing i already attempted saw a tutorial and it looks terrable 

Also would love a converstion of this mod Cute Mini Dress at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

Edited by timothyk1

@splashzone: Here's a few recent ones by the same creator, mainly mentioning because the last one may not turn up in general searches since Fusion Girl was misspelled in the title:

Edit: The creator deleted the last upload and reuploaded with a corrected title, so I've updated the URL accordingly.

Edited by vaultbait
On 8/9/2023 at 1:05 PM, vaultbait said:

It would only require an edit to the diffuses _d.dds  file wouldn't it?

1 hour ago, eflat01 said:

It would only require an edit to the diffuses _d.dds  file wouldn't it?

Yes, or at least that would take care of most of it. If you really wanted to adjust how light reflects off that part of the surface then maybe you might also alter the specular and/or normal files, but I personally only bother with editing the diffuse.

5 hours ago, LeksRus said:

Maybe this one will do:   https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/72535  ?

I also use that one. Just be aware that it patches LooksMenu in order to fix the overlay ordering problem (where LM loses track and the wrong overlays sometimes get removed).

As for fake nails, HN66s and Xazomns French Nails for FO4 - Fusion Girl Conversion works well for me.

10 minutes ago, N.Gamma said:

Thank you,
Immersive Nail Polish looks like it's what I'm looking for.
There wouldn't happen to be an IKAROS Androids patch for it?

Not that I've seen. Is the IKAROS hand texture layout significantly different from all of the bodies already supported by Immersive Nail Polish (CBBE, Fusion Girl, Bodytalk, EVB and Vanilla)?

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

Not that I've seen. Is the IKAROS hand texture layout significantly different from all of the bodies already supported by Immersive Nail Polish (CBBE, Fusion Girl, Bodytalk, EVB and Vanilla)?

I have already tested the mod with IKAROS and when I paint my character's nails nothing happens. Since there is no mesh in Immersive Nail Polish for the nails, this is a compatibility problem. Clothing patches I know how to make them, but with textures or overlays I'm stumped.

1 hour ago, N.Gamma said:

I have already tested the mod with IKAROS and when I paint my character's nails nothing happens. Since there is no mesh in Immersive Nail Polish for the nails, this is a compatibility problem. Clothing patches I know how to make them, but with textures or overlays I'm stumped.

Right, so the way it works is that textures are simply image files with regions of the image mapped onto parts of the target mesh. Overlays are basically just texture files which get "overlaid" over the base texture images, so will have the same geometry and region mapping as the base textures. You can open an overlay and corresponding texture side-by-side in an image editor like Paint.Net (you need one with good support for Direct Draw Surface "DDS" image files), or even import the overlay as a new layer over top the base image for ease of comparison. In this case you're looking for whether a particular hand overlay has painted nails in the same location as the unpainted nails in the base hand texture for that body.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

Right, so the way it works is that textures are simply image files with regions of the image mapped onto parts of the target mesh. Overlays are basically just texture files which get "overlaid" over the base texture images, so will have the same geometry and region mapping as the base textures. You can open an overlay and corresponding texture side-by-side in an image editor like Paint.Net (you need one with good support for Direct Draw Surface "DDS" image files), or even import the overlay as a new layer over top the base image for ease of comparison. In this case you're looking for whether a particular hand overlay has painted nails in the same location as the unpainted nails in the base hand texture for that body.

This sounds easier than it is,
I don't know if you've ever seen the texture of the IKAROS body.
Finding the fingernails is easy with the hand texture, but tell me where the foot nails should be on the legs.

IKAROS_Limbs_d.jpg

20 minutes ago, N.Gamma said:

tell me where the foot nails should be on the legs.

Yeah, beats me. I've never used the mod and there aren't any great closeups of feet on Trophihunter's site. One thing you could do is use an image editor to paint suspect parts of the diffuse texture and then see what ends up recolored in-game or in a BodySlide preview maybe.