1 hour ago, ihateaccountrequirements said:

I have all of the events set to 0 probability (off, should never play), and yet I'm still having random 'fidget with/because of device' animations play. What *else* do I need to do to make them stop? Are there files I can remove to guarantee they can't ever play?

Might have some different mods triggering them. Maybe you have Cursed Loot or other similar mods?

5 hours ago, Zaflis said:

Might have some different mods triggering them. Maybe you have Cursed Loot or other similar mods?

Nope...though I'd have the same problem if I did - I've set them to a condition where they shouldn't be able to be triggered, and yet it's still happening. So I need a more permanent solution. Bulk file deletion, if necessary. That way, even if I DO ever add a mod that might try to trigger the events, they still wouldn't be able to play.

1 hour ago, ihateaccountrequirements said:

Nope...though I'd have the same problem if I did - I've set them to a condition where they shouldn't be able to be triggered, and yet it's still happening. So I need a more permanent solution. Bulk file deletion, if necessary. That way, even if I DO ever add a mod that might try to trigger the events, they still wouldn't be able to play.

I mean you didn't explain exactly what "events". There are many sorts of "horny" animations in different mods that are based on arousal, DCL has too. Unless at least 1 other person can reproduce that bug i can only assume mod conflict or misunderstanding of some sort.

Or maybe you have more than just FNIS, like DAR or Nemesis? I'm not sure if they existed for LE...

1 hour ago, Zaflis said:

I mean you didn't explain exactly what "events". There are many sorts of "horny" animations in different mods that are based on arousal, DCL has too. Unless at least 1 other person can reproduce that bug i can only assume mod conflict or misunderstanding of some sort.

Or maybe you have more than just FNIS, like DAR or Nemesis? I'm not sure if they existed for LE...

Did the pop into 3rd person "fidget with/because of device" not explain well enough what events are happening? I don't have other mods than this that do that. I don't even know what DAR or Nemesis are.

I have a couple of screenshots (one needed to be composited) that should elaborate. Anything external to DD triggering them would be overwriting something to do so, and no such thing exists (MO2 screenshot). And *all* of the events should be disabled with their current settings being 0 (MCM screenshot). There should be no stop, pop, and fidget.

Maybe I'll just un"fix" it, since I didn't have this problem when it was "broken"? [context: DDe lists its requirements as the outdated add-on versions of Integration, Expansion (and Assets, but there were no scripts overwriting DD base from that or Contraptions) rather than just the all-in-one that DD now is. So I still had them. Which only got pointed out by a different mod (I tested and then decided against) that requires DD 5.2 telling me mine was "obsolete".] *shrug* That fixing an internal DD conflict made it start misbehaving is...bizarre, but it is what's happened. You don't have to like it. I certainly don't.

mcm.png

mo2.png

2 hours ago, ihateaccountrequirements said:

Did the pop into 3rd person "fidget with/because of device" not explain well enough what events are happening? I don't have other mods than this that do that.

No it does not, i have never seen message like that in my life and i used to play with DD-Equip too some point in the past. What is the exact message, screenshot? What device is it animating with, are you in full chastity, is it Sexlab related animation or purely DD struggling. What part of the body is it struggling or is it always different? What things are you wearing?

But based on that unknown message the potential culprit is still DD-Equip, check its MCM and also Skyrim Utility Mod's MCM.

17 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

No it does not, i have never seen message like that in my life and i used to play with DD-Equip too some point in the past. What is the exact message, screenshot? What device is it animating with, are you in full chastity, is it Sexlab related animation or purely DD struggling. What part of the body is it struggling or is it always different? What things are you wearing?

But based on that unknown message the potential culprit is still DD-Equip, check its MCM and also Skyrim Utility Mod's MCM.

...what?! What are you talking about? There is no message. I'm describing what's happening. Now *I'm* confused about whatever bizarre interpretation it is you've got going. And I have no idea which devices are having events - and it is DD "struggling" as you called it events - since I can't tell them apart (that would require having them enabled and watching them, I don't do or want either).

6 hours ago, ihateaccountrequirements said:

Maybe I'll just un"fix" it, since I didn't have this problem when it was "broken"? [context: DDe lists its requirements as the outdated add-on versions of Integration, Expansion (and Assets, but there were no scripts overwriting DD base from that or Contraptions) rather than just the all-in-one that DD now is. So I still had them. Which only got pointed out by a different mod (I tested and then decided against) that requires DD 5.2 telling me mine was "obsolete".] *shrug* That fixing an internal DD conflict made it start misbehaving is...bizarre, but it is what's happened. You don't have to like it. I certainly don't.

So you're telling us, a few days late, that you're using some old, mixed-up versions of this mod? Everything DD related comes with this one download, all four esp's. Go and delete every old DD shit you've still in your install, especially the scripts. Re-install DD 5.2 (from a fresh download if you haven't saved it in a safe folder outside your Skyrim installation) and start a new game. Wait for a plethora of MCMs to load, wait a bit longer, save, exit to desktop, resume, wait for this mod's MCM, make your settings, and start playing.

@Kimy as this is the third time this week that I try to tell people DD5.2 is the only DD download they need - could you please either delete all the old, obsolete previous versions of this mod, or give a warning in big red letters along the lines of "This is outdated and obsolete. Don't come crying if you're still using this in 2023!" and a link to this thread/download.

18 hours ago, Zaflis said:

BNP has more requirements, BHUNP may have some too:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/65274 

And as requirements they will need to be placed before the BNP.

You didn't mention having SKSE.ini created, it helps for CTD's.

Thanks for the reply! I didn't have an SKSE.ini, I had no idea that could help. Unfortunately, it didn't in this case though. Also, regarding BnP: It requires a body mod, which I do have (a UUNP body, in the "Body Slide Outputs" mod you can see in my modlist). Since they have no file conflicts, it surely wouldn't make a difference what order the MO2 mods are in? (ESP files of course would, but since my BnP install is just a skin replacer, it doesn't have an ESP.) Anyway, I tried without BnP just in case I'm missing something, and the game still freezes.

Any more ideas? I really don't want to have to turn off DD for this new character! It's such a great mod, and I've gotten very used to it over the years ?

Edited by Drummerd3
2 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

So you're telling us, a few days late, that you're using some old, mixed-up versions of this mod? Everything DD related comes with this one download, all four esp's. Go and delete every old DD shit you've still in your install, especially the scripts. Re-install DD 5.2 (from a fresh download if you haven't saved it in a safe folder outside your Skyrim installation) and start a new game. Wait for a plethora of MCMs to load, wait a bit longer, save, exit to desktop, resume, wait for this mod's MCM, make your settings, and start playing.

No. That's not what I said. I said I WAS doing that (because the requirements on DDe led me to believe I needed to), but that I fixed it...in that I removed the outdated add-ons that were overriding the all-in-one. And that's when the supposedly-disabled events started triggering.

But you're saying I need a fresh install and a new game? Even though MO2 shouldn't be leaving stragglers (that ReSaver isn't cleaning up)? Most unfortunate. I keep a separate base profile in MO2 specifically so I don't HAVE to re-customize all my mods from scratch every time. That's actually an answer, though, so...thanks for the coherent response, even if it's not one I'm enthusiastic to do (I'm sure folks understand how time consuming a full redo can be!).

2 hours ago, Drummerd3 said:

Thanks for the reply! I didn't have an SKSE.ini, I had no idea that could help. Unfortunately, it didn't in this case though. Also, regarding BnP: It requires a body mod, which I do have (a UUNP body, in the "Body Slide Outputs" mod you can see in my modlist). Since they have no file conflicts, it surely wouldn't make a difference what order the MO2 mods are in? (ESP files of course would, but since my BnP install is just a skin replacer, it doesn't have an ESP.) Anyway, I tried without BnP just in case I'm missing something, and the game still freezes.

Any more ideas? I really don't want to have to turn off DD for this new character! It's such a great mod, and I've gotten very used to it over the years ?

Bodyslide doesn't count as body mod on its own, you still need the actual body mod. I don't know if BnP really needs UUNP. From what i saw in Nexus it requires BHUNP. But you don't even have UUNP.

11 hours ago, Zaflis said:

Bodyslide doesn't count as body mod on its own, you still need the actual body mod. I don't know if BnP really needs UUNP. From what i saw in Nexus it requires BHUNP. But you don't even have UUNP.

Ok, I switched BnP and my custom bodyslide body out for Dimonized UNP. Still no change in freezing behavior

EDIT: Sorry I'm struggling to convey this properly, but I can also promise with 100% confidence that my old setup with BnP and bodyslide outputs was a valid UUNP body mod as required by DD, with all necessary replacement meshes and textures. BnP is just a body texture replacer when installed the way I installed it, and does not require BHUNP, it only requires any UUNP body or BHUNP (so that the textures map properly onto the mesh) which I have. This is all very much besides the point which is that DD seems to be freezing my game, completely regardless of what other mods I have active.

Edited by Drummerd3
5 hours ago, ihateaccountrequirements said:

But you're saying I need a fresh install and a new game? Even though MO2 shouldn't be leaving stragglers (that ReSaver isn't cleaning up)? Most unfortunate. I keep a separate base profile in MO2 specifically so I don't HAVE to re-customize all my mods from scratch every time.

A consideration when cleaning a save is that uninstalling mods is inherently risky.  (The very first tip on the Fallrim Tools mod page is "NEVER EVER uninstall mods unless you are starting a new playthrough.")  Since you inadvertently had two versions of DD installed at the same time, your experience (even with save cleaning) is likely to be unpredictable.

You might just try a new game without going to the trouble of reconfiguring everything except the DD event settings.  Let time pass (use the wait menu) to test whether the events still occur.  If they don't, then yeah, that fixed the problem; you need a new game.  If they still occur even when set to zero, get a screenshot of what you're seeing in the new game and post that with as much detail as you can.

I'm having an issue with invisible devices, anything that's not a collar, gag, or armbinder/yoke/other wrist restraint. I've tried everything I can think of to fix it and gotten nowhere, never had this issue and I didn't change much of anything between the last computer and this one as far as mods go. Load order as follows:

Spoiler

0  0     Skyrim.esm
  1  1     Update.esm
  2  2     Dawnguard.esm
  3  3     HearthFires.esm
  4  4     Dragonborn.esm
  5  5     Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
  6  6     SexLab.esm
  7  7     SexLabAroused.esm
  8  8     RaceCompatibility.esm
  9  9     ZaZAnimationPack.esm
 10  a     MiasLair.esp
 11  b     Devious Devices - Assets.esm
 12  c     Devious Devices - Integration.esm
 13  d     Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
 14  e     Devious Devices - Contraptions.esm
 15  f     Skyrim - Utility Mod.esm
 16 10     SexLab - Sexual Fame [SLSF].esm
 17 11     Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
 18 12     Apachii_DivineEleganceStore.esm
 19 13     HighResTexturePack01.esp
 20 14     HighResTexturePack02.esp
 21 15     HighResTexturePack03.esp
 22 16     EnchantedArsenal.esp
 23 17     FNIS.esp
 24 18     SkyUI.esp
 25 19     UIExtensions.esp
 26 1a     RaceMenu.esp
 27 1b     RaceMenuPlugin.esp
 28 1c     SLSFFameComments.esp
 29 1d     AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
 30 1e     KS Hairdo's.esp
 31 1f     RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
 32 20     BikiniRobesStandalone.esp
 33 21     Captured Dreams.esp
 34 22     Artifact Disenchanting.esp
 35 23     Public Whore.esp
 36 24     Laura's Bondage Shop.esp
 37 25     DeviouslyAccessible.esp
 38 26     DeviousFollowers.esp
 39 27     Angelic Archon Armor Sets.esp
 40 28     SimpleSlavery.esp
 41 29     KNM_AcalyphaFollower.esp
 42 2a     Artifact Disenchanting - Dawnguard.esp
 43 2b     submissivelola_est.esp
 44 2c     cfl_LolaAddon.esp
 45 2d     Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
 46 2e     TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
 47 2f     _MelissaX.esp
 48 30     SuccubusRaceLite.esp
 49 31     SlaveTats.esp
 50 32     RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp
 51 33     Rikushai_Flamebringer_Tattoo.esp
 52 34     BS-TheHag_Overlays.esp
 53 35     OrientalRace.esp
 54 36     SLAnimLoader.esp
 55 37     TERAArmors_CBBE.esp
 56 38     dcc-dm2.esp
 57 39     NewmillerPiercings2.esp
 58 3a     NewmillerPiercings3.esp
 59 3b     Craft, Temper, Smelt.esp
 60 3c     ShowRaceMenuAlternative.esp
 61 3d     Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
 62 3e     SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
 63 3f     SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
 64 40     Artifact Disenchanting - Dragonborn.esp
 65 41     Delia_Lydia_replacer.esp
 66 42     SOSRaceMenu.esp
 67 43     XPMSE.esp
 68 44     Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
 69 45     Apachii_DivineEleganceStore_Patch.esp
 70 46     HeartBreaker.esp
 71 47     Onehanded.esp
 72 48     Breezehome_Fully_Upgradable.esp
 73 49     JaxonzEnhGrab.esp
 74 4a     Deviously Cursed Loot LAL AddOn.esp
 75 4b     Deviously Cursed Loot.esp

1 hour ago, Reaper121 said:

I'm having an issue with invisible devices, anything that's not a collar, gag, or armbinder/yoke/other wrist restraint.

The items either were not built in bodyslide, or your bodyslide output placed them in incorrect paths.

16 hours ago, Taki17 said:

The items either were not built in bodyslide, or your bodyslide output placed them in incorrect paths.

Build path turned out to be the issue, I didn't know that was a thing that could happen. Appears to be working fine now, including on older saves that have thumbnails that had invisible devices in them.  Thanks

Anyone have a fix for being locked out of the DD config menu despite NOT being in any devices? The menu seems to think I am, despite absolutely nothing being equipped, and I can't seem to actually configure this because the author thought it'd be a good idea to have the lockout setting on by default. Plot twist, some people like to be able to configure the mods they get. Shocker, I know.

The only reason I ask is because the mittens seem to be absolutely broken. I get constant message spam about not being able to pick up things, even though I'm not trying to pick anything up, stuff like Being a Cow is updating and adding "features", MME equipping the milking armor/suction cups, or even a basic ass Sexlab scene giving spam about not being able to pick up tongues for some reason (that may be some more BAC stuff though).

53 minutes ago, CG2424 said:

Anyone have a fix for being locked out of the DD config menu despite NOT being in any devices? The menu seems to think I am,

Just guessing here. Sometimes it happens, although it should have been fixed in 5.2, that you have no visible device equipped, but 'something' or the lock is still equipped, but neiter visible in the inventory nor rendered.

The standard procedure to get rid of a forgotten lock is to place everything from your inventory in a container you own, open the console and type player.inv

This gives a list of astonishingly many thing you've never heard of - one of these might be some DD. Only 'good' invisible thing is the device hider xx040F0C - you need to keep that but remove the other DDs (if there are some, as I said, I'm only guessing)

maybe this helps,

HAND

Joe.

Edited by CaptainJ03
20 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Just guessing here. Sometimes it happens, although it should have been fixed in 5.2, that you have no visible device equipped, but 'something' or the lock is still equipped, but neiter visible in the inventory nor rendered.

The standard procedure to get rid of a forgotten lock is to place everything from your inventory in a container you own, open the console and type player.inv

This gives a list of astonishingly many thing you've never heard of - one of these might be some DD. Only 'good' invisible thing is the device hider xx040F0C - you need to keep that but remove the other DDs (if there are some, as I said, I'm only guessing)

maybe this helps,

HAND

Joe.

I'll give it a go. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Could someone give me a quick run-down of how to add a custom device in a mod I'm creating?
I've looked through the source files but it's confusing since there seem to be a lot of deprecated systems which are just there for backwards compatibility.

As I understand:

1. A "devious device" is made up of two armors: An inventory object that the player sees, and a hidden object that gets rendered

2. The behavior of devices is primarily controlled by attaching keywords

3. Custom device behavior is primarily controlled by registering for events

The main questions I have are:
1. Do the keywords get attached to the inventory object or the hidden one?

2. How do I make DD aware of my inventory-object & render-object combination?

3. Does my mod's .esp need to reference DD or is it feasible to do it all via Papyrus?

Thanks

2 hours ago, xj47 said:

Could someone give me a quick run-down of how to add a custom device in a mod I'm creating?
I've looked through the source files but it's confusing since there seem to be a lot of deprecated systems which are just there for backwards compatibility.

As I understand:

1. A "devious device" is made up of two armors: An inventory object that the player sees, and a hidden object that gets rendered

2. The behavior of devices is primarily controlled by attaching keywords

3. Custom device behavior is primarily controlled by registering for events

The main questions I have are:
1. Do the keywords get attached to the inventory object or the hidden one?

2. How do I make DD aware of my inventory-object & render-object combination?

3. Does my mod's .esp need to reference DD or is it feasible to do it all via Papyrus?

Thanks

The easiest way to make your own custom device is to copy of already present closest in type one from the framework, both inventory and rendered devices.

1. Rendered. See already made devices.

2. In the scripts properties, there are appropriate references in DeviceInventory and DeviceRendered properties. If you intend to add no custom behavior to your devices - you can use standard DD scripts. If custom behavior needed - create copies of appropriate standard scripts, reference to them in the device's properties and edit and compile them.

3. Yes, DD has to be set as master to your mod's esp to use DD functions to manipulate your devices in your mod. The best way to learn is to see how it's done in other mods. The best tool to edit esp is xEdit.

19 hours ago, kurotatsu said:

The easiest way to make your own custom device is to copy of already present closest in type one from the framework, both inventory and rendered devices.

1. Rendered. See already made devices.

2. In the scripts properties, there are appropriate references in DeviceInventory and DeviceRendered properties. If you intend to add no custom behavior to your devices - you can use standard DD scripts. If custom behavior needed - create copies of appropriate standard scripts, reference to them in the device's properties and edit and compile them.

3. Yes, DD has to be set as master to your mod's esp to use DD functions to manipulate your devices in your mod. The best way to learn is to see how it's done in other mods. The best tool to edit esp is xEdit.

Thanks, I think I'm close to getting it working.
Another question though:
In the DD mod, most of the devices have 3 armor entries, for example:
- zad_harnessBody
- zad_harnessBody_scriptInstance
- zad_harnessBodyInventory

"_scriptInstance" seems to be the "render" object while the "inventory" shows up in, well, the inventory.
What purpose does the 3rd entry serve though? Is it something I can ignore when adding a new device?

Edit: Also is there a document somewhere that just lists all of the devices with an image preview?

Edited by xj47
6 hours ago, xj47 said:

Thanks, I think I'm close to getting it working.
Another question though:
In the DD mod, most of the devices have 3 armor entries, for example:
- zad_harnessBody
- zad_harnessBody_scriptInstance
- zad_harnessBodyInventory

"_scriptInstance" seems to be the "render" object while the "inventory" shows up in, well, the inventory.
What purpose does the 3rd entry serve though? Is it something I can ignore when adding a new device?

Edit: Also is there a document somewhere that just lists all of the devices with an image preview?

That third one is actually separate item, non-lockable version, if I'm not mistaken. DDs are two devices inventory and rendered(script) ones.

I'm not aware of such a document, I guess you go wild with AddItem and try them on :)