On 9/16/2023 at 5:21 AM, xj47 said:

Could someone give me a quick run-down of how to add a custom device in a mod I'm creating?
I've looked through the source files but it's confusing since there seem to be a lot of deprecated systems which are just there for backwards compatibility.

As I understand:

1. A "devious device" is made up of two armors: An inventory object that the player sees, and a hidden object that gets rendered

2. The behavior of devices is primarily controlled by attaching keywords

3. Custom device behavior is primarily controlled by registering for events

The main questions I have are:
1. Do the keywords get attached to the inventory object or the hidden one?

2. How do I make DD aware of my inventory-object & render-object combination?

3. Does my mod's .esp need to reference DD or is it feasible to do it all via Papyrus?

Thanks

You can check this tutorial which I made. I should answer some of your questions. https://github.com/IHateMyKite/UnforgivingDevices/wiki/Device-creation-tutorial

Edited by ihatemykite
  • 4 weeks later...

Skyrim Special Edition

20231009001919_1.jpg.8c720e15c415949fd05651e32302d05f.jpgHello. any idea how to make the gag align to mouth properly?

I Can't find any gags in bodyslide at all.. are they supposed to be in bodyslide?

where could be the issue?

please help...

edit: so i found out that if i could increase "Face Height" in raemenu, then i could make the mouth and gag match... but the bar doesn't go above 3.

Edited by A Little Kitten
19 hours ago, A Little Kitten said:

Skyrim Special Edition

Hello. any idea how to make the gag align to mouth properly?

I Can't find any gags in bodyslide at all.. are they supposed to be in bodyslide?

where could be the issue?

please help...

edit: so i found out that if i could increase "Face Height" in raemenu, then i could make the mouth and gag match... but the bar doesn't go above 3.

There is no bodyslide for head items.

From what I remember, gags work best for mouth shapes 0 and 1, and you can set the expression you make when gagged to wrap your lips around them better by setting a few faction variables, though I don't remember the details already. I have them automated somewhere XD

I gotta note that all these work mainly if you use a vanilla face with sliders. If you downloaded a preset that messed with the sculptor it is unlikely anything can be done to make things perfect

hello

how do I remove blocking tag(s) from a DD item ?
for example, now all suit seem to bloc all sex so I end up with always DDBeltedSolo which is a bit boring (and belt are there for the purpose of blocking sex anyway)

is there some way to extract the DD item with it's scripted properties so I can modify them ?

thank you

Hello ppl

I have a little problem. When equipping clothes my body is invisible. And yes i know its from bodyslide, but when i run batch build and load the save it's all the same. Already tried with differend presets and nothing seems to work. Would gladly accept any help.

40 minutes ago, Birbo123 said:

I have a little problem. When equipping clothes my body is invisible. And yes i know its from bodyslide, but when i run batch build and load the save it's all the same. Already tried with differend presets and nothing seems to work. Would gladly accept any help.

Do other mods with BodySlide work? I'd guess that your BS setup is flawed, and the output goes somewhere, where the game doesn't find it.

1 hour ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Do other mods with BodySlide work? I'd guess that your BS setup is flawed, and the output goes somewhere, where the game doesn't find it.

Yes they do, i have Amazing World Of Bikini and it body there works fine, but with DD it's messed up.

1 hour ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Okay, i think you were right. I've dropped files from D:\MO2\meshes\devious to each DD mod in mods folder and it's finally working. Thanks for advice bro

• 3 weeks later...

When I use devious device high heels, it makes all the SexLab animations be off, with the character who wears them, being too high up by the height of the heels.

SexLab has an option to clear high heels' heigh, but that apparently doesn't work on DD heels, only for stuff using HDT High Heels or NiOverride High Heels.

Is there any compatibility patch that allows the DD heels to also use this system?

soooo bit of a problem i usually don't play much on legendary edition but its the only place were slaverun will play without to much in the way of issues aside from the typical ctd that legendary edition is famous for.

put on the iron fetters  and my character goes from 0-1000mph in literally 0.000001 seconds. the only fix i found is to use the forceav speedmult to a random number and sneak for a few seconds  and then resume standard walking, but the fix is only temporary as once the fetters are taken of or reequipped speedmult gets messed up again and i have to force it back to default and sneak for awhile. i can not for the life of me figure out why this is happening or how to stop it i've built everything in bodyslide i've turned of all walk/run speed buffs and debuffs in mcms were the setting is present. and this is after a full fresh reinstall of both skyrim and all mods used 

i apolagize in advance if this has been answered and a permanent fix has been provided i just can't find it and would appreciate any insight on this little issue

On 11/6/2023 at 6:36 PM, NoNickNeeded said:

SexLab has an option to clear high heels' heigh, but that apparently doesn't work on DD heels

but it does. Dunno if I'm the right person to answer this, as I've made the transition from 4.x through every beta stages up to the current version, but for me it just works - if I remember to actually tick the box in the sexlab menu.

11 minutes ago, destroyer1012 said:

put on the iron fetters  and my character goes from 0-1000mph in literally 0.000001 seconds.

shouldn't happen. please try DDs alone without any other mod that might or might not tamper with it. Quite a while ago I had Devious Arachnophobia fucking up your movement speed really bad, after I disabled that mod, all was good again. No idea what it might be with your setup, but it's not DD5.2

10 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

but it does. Dunno if I'm the right person to answer this, as I've made the transition from 4.x through every beta stages up to the current version, but for me it just works - if I remember to actually tick the box in the sexlab menu.

Are you using "HDT HighHeels System" or some other system? Oh and I'm on Skyrim LE.

Edit: I did a few more tests and looks like it works for Restrictive Boots, that go all the way up to the thighs, but not for the High Heels that only to a bit over the ankle.

Edited by NoNickNeeded
10 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

shouldn't happen. please try DDs alone without any other mod that might or might not tamper with it. Quite a while ago I had Devious Arachnophobia fucking up your movement speed really bad, after I disabled that mod, all was good again. No idea what it might be with your setup, but it's not DD5.2

so after once again going through every mod i have (thank god its a very small list unlike that of AE) i have managed to pinpoint the troublemaker. its a mod i've used for years called "no naked comments"  i have no clue as to how its interacting with speed movement and screwing things up with DD since its a dialogue targeted mod but yet it is exactly that. but i guess thats just how it goes

1 hour ago, destroyer1012 said:

its a mod i've used for years called "no naked comments"  i have no clue as to how its interacting with speed movement and screwing things up with DD since its a dialogue targeted mod but yet it is exactly that.

Out of curiosity, I looked at "No Naked Comments".  A web search found 3 versions on LL.  None of the versions affect movement speed or Devious Devices.  One, "Naked bonuses + No Naked Comments", does add buffs & debuffs, but nothing that affects movement speed.  It's good that you found a workaround, but a naked comments mod doesn't change movement speed, so you probably got the benefit indirectly (removing that mod affected another mod, which was the actual root cause).  Anyway, just something to keep in mind if you see the problem again.

2 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Out of curiosity, I looked at "No Naked Comments".  A web search found 3 versions on LL.  None of the versions affect movement speed or Devious Devices.  One, "Naked bonuses + No Naked Comments", does add buffs & debuffs, but nothing that affects movement speed.  It's good that you found a workaround, but a naked comments mod doesn't change movement speed, so you probably got the benefit indirectly (removing that mod affected another mod, which was the actual root cause).  Anyway, just something to keep in mind if you see the problem again.

it's important to note that for the most part i have very limited activity on legendary edition as most my focus is on special/anniversary edition with it being the more stable of the 2 and i can use more mods there. 

as a direct result some of the mods in the legendary edition list might well be outdated to some extent with only the ones i felt important to bring forward in there update scopes being updated fully. no naked comments was not one such it was concidered to be a very low priority as it only served to remove certain dialogue. do i find it to be odd that a dialogue based mod ment to block certain dialogues from triggering as the only known cause of a movement issue in other mods sure but this was a mod from 2011-2014 atleast what exactly the mod added back then is anyones guess and it could infact have had something tied into the speedmult in a subtle way or it may not i don't entirely know at this point what exactly the creator did to make npcs not comment on your nudity

i have googled the same mod but what pops up is not the ones i used, the one for LE that popped up was released in 2021 were the one i was using was bach before 2014, the second one i found was on nexus the firsd was for special edition. so i think the one i initially got was removed long ago.    

i don't really know why it remained in my load order for aslong as it did but its not an important mod for me so its not that big of a loss 

Edited by destroyer1012

Hi ! I have a problem with DD.

First of all, it’s all my fault and I knew it. But I don’t know how to fix it.

for context : I created a new save and want to rush the tuto. But I activated a dd trap and being stuck with bondage stuff. However, i reaaaaaaaly want to rush the basic quest So I open my command console and I forced unequippement of timed DD stuff. 

now I can’t wear dd dress, can’t create a new save without crash. 

i don’t have papyrus…

ps: english are not my native langage So if you don’t understand, I can explain more precisely ! 

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered in the thread -- if so, could someone link me to the relevant post -- or any other non-video tutorials, I would be forever grateful.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use the Outfit Studio to get the items into the game.  I followed the BS/OS tutorial, and I still don't have the things.  I can't use the vid tutorials associated with BS/OS because I'm hard of hearing.

So... How do I get a set of ebonite collar, corset, armbinder, pony boots, chastity belt, and various plugs into Skyrim so my female Nord can wear them or put them on my male Khajiit follower?

11 minutes ago, Allannaa said:

How do I get a set of ebonite collar, corset, armbinder, pony boots, chastity belt, and various plugs into Skyrim so my female Nord can wear them or put them on my male Khajiit follower?

Devious Devices is just a framework.  It doesn't add the items to the world, and Outfit Studio doesn't do that either.  However, mods that use Devious Devices do.  If you'd like to purchase the devices, Laura's Bondage Shop does that (and it has a whole set of optional quests).

Edited by HexBolt8
2 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Devious Devices is just a framework.  It doesn't add the items to the world, and Outfit Studio doesn't do that either.  However, mods that use Devious Devices do.  If you'd like to purchase the devices, Laura's Bondage Shop does that (and it has a whole set of optional quests).

Yes, I'm quite well aware of that.  I used the old DD years ago (before it was nicely consolidated the way Kimy has it now), which had the NIFs and didn't require Body Slide to create them.  What I'm asking is for a guide to do whatever it is I have to do to get the items into the game.  For instance, when a bandit equips ebonite cuffs on me, they don't show up.  Most items have a GO or GND file but *not* the actual "armor" nif.  I can purchase items at the shop all I want, and they're still non-existent when equipped, though they do show the inventory item (the GO or GND nif, that is).  The items themselves don't show in game.

4. And don't forget to use Bodyslide to build the assets. Half of all user support requests are caused by them not running Bodyslide. RUN BODYSLIDE!!!!

This is the part I can't seem to figure out.  I've followed all the instructions on https://github.com/ousnius/BodySlide-and-Outfit-Studio/wiki

and I still have no assets.

Edited by Allannaa
25 minutes ago, Allannaa said:

This is the part I can't seem to figure out.

Look at where BodySlide says it's creating the meshes to be sure that it's what you want.  The generated meshes might be going to the wrong destination.  If you're using MO2, run BodySlide from there, not from the Data folder. 

On 11/14/2023 at 10:10 PM, Allannaa said:

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered in the thread -- if so, could someone link me to the relevant post -- or any other non-video tutorials, I would be forever grateful.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use the Outfit Studio to get the items into the game.  I followed the BS/OS tutorial, and I still don't have the things.  I can't use the vid tutorials associated with BS/OS because I'm hard of hearing.

So... How do I get a set of ebonite collar, corset, armbinder, pony boots, chastity belt, and various plugs into Skyrim so my female Nord can wear them or put them on my male Khajiit follower?

install devious devices , install bodyslide and outfit studio find body slide in its deignated folder and open bodyslide, go to the bottom left corner and check the batch build has the tick and then push the button batch build hit ok and then ok again let the script run and then close bodyslide and your pretty muuch done 

after that either get a mod that seeds devious devices around npcs or containers or install the mod called "additem menu"  for LE (QUI for SE/AE) and find devious devices (will be the same name as its esp so integration assets expansion and contraptions find the devices you want and add them directly to your inventory and then save and try them on to see if they are visible if they are then your good to go

Edited by destroyer1012
  • 2 weeks later...