Site membership levels

What is the distinction between different membership levels?  Junior Member, Member, Advanced Member, Mega Poster etc.

Is it just a matter of how many posts you have made?  I thought so at first but I see advanced members with fewer posts than members. 

3 hours ago, gregathit said:

The distinction........other than the title change, pretty much nothing.

Those who donate to the site get the contributor title.  

No difference in user rights then but what causes some people to have one title and some people to have another?  Just number of posts?  How many?

For clarification, I'm talking about the label above your avatar.  After a certain number of posts you can change it to a custom label.  It is completely meaningless.  You have enough posts to add a custom label now.  You can get to it by editing your profile.

The title below your avatar is very limited and it is based on the following:

Member - everyone starts here.  Post count is irrelevant.

Contributor - a mod maker (generally) that has been recognized by other mod makers for their work contributing to the site.  Access to a small mod maker section that they can use as a sound board for modding.

Moderators - self explanatory.

Supporter - someone who has donated to the site.  (there are some small bonuses for this that can be found on the loverslab patreon page.)

9 hours ago, gregathit said:

After a certain number of posts you can change it to a custom label.  It is completely meaningless.  You have enough posts to add a custom label now.  You can get to it by editing your profile.

Like mine.... :)  I believe I overwrote the default tag at some point.  Aficionado just seemed more appropriate for my purposes here... 

Edit: I thought I overwrote something else, but was mistaken ;) 

44 minutes ago, AWP3RATOR said:

Like mine.... :)  I believe I overwrote the contributor tag at some point.  Aficionado just seemed more appropriate for my purposes here... 

That's odd since the CONTRIBUTOR designation appears under your avatar where yours says Member. What can be changed is at the top.

2 hours ago, Psalam said:

That's odd since the CONTRIBUTOR designation appears under your avatar where yours says Member. What can be changed is at the top.

That is odd and totally my mistake it would seem.  I based my statement on @gregathit's statement:  "Contributor - a mod maker (generally) that has been recognized by other mod makers for their work contributing to the site."  Since I am/have been a mod maker and don't have the contributor tag.... I just assumed I had changed it.  :( 

Update:  Did some research on it... I don't think missed applying for it, as it's not up to the user, but the staff.  :) 

54 minutes ago, AWP3RATOR said:

Update:  Did some research on it... I don't think missed applying for it, as it's not up to the user, but the staff.  :) 

Actually it is up to other contributors.   They are the ones to nominate folks.  Then it goes to Ashal for final approval.

29 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Meaning it's a popularity contest. Guess that might matter to people who care about titles. :classic_dry:

No.  It is just a little something "extra" in the way of recognition by your peers.  To be honest, beyond the title change, there just isn't much more there.  So it is nothing to bust your butt to get or be concerned over if you don't.  Besides, if you get too site friendly and helpful, we'll add you to the moderation staff and then you're right and proper fucked.  ?

6 hours ago, gregathit said:

No.  It is just a little something "extra" in the way of recognition by your peers.  To be honest, beyond the title change, there just isn't much more there.  So it is nothing to bust your butt to get or be concerned over if you don't.  Besides, if you get too site friendly and helpful, we'll add you to the moderation staff and then you're right and proper fucked.  ?

Please, please ... anything but that! ?

3 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Any perks with that or is it just as vapid and meaningless as it sounds? :classic_tongue:

Nope.  Unless you count getting sodomized with a baseball bat with zero lube.

2 hours ago, Psalam said:

Please, please ... anything but that! ?

Exactly.  By all means learn from the mistakes of others.  You'll be a MUCH wiser man than I.

2 hours ago, gregathit said:

Nope.  Unless you count getting sodomized with a baseball bat with zero lube.

Exactly.  By all means learn from the mistakes of others.  You'll be a MUCH wiser man than I.

I can't quite place it - but I know I just read something about wisdom and learning from other's mistakes. Now where was that?