Hello Egoballistic 🙂

I want to add a function similar to this

if Cell_is_in_Exclusionlist () .....

or

If Location_is_in_Exclusionlist ()

If you can tell me where to call these fiunction it would save a lot of time for searching and investigation.

The background is:

At the Moment I am trying out the new version of @JB.'s Commonwealth slavers 2.5. The Commponwealth captives also spawns

in the whorehouse of this mod. And one of the spawned captives is blocking the way for Lindstrom, so that at least one scene does not finish.

regards.

since this mod was updated to work with furniture added with 3rd parties mod like Up To No Good, i suggest to add an option to disable spawning unless it detected furniture... this would solve some problem where the mod spawn captives in weird places or in scenario that doesnt make sense..

I might have discovered a possible bug/not working feature, but I would need someone else to test it, as it could be that another mod is overwriting this mod, though I highly doubt it. Before I go into more detail, simply put, the captives are always protected, no matter what setting it is on. Can someone test if this is the case in their game too? 

I noticed the rescued captives didnt die no matter what, unless I shot them ofcourse. I am currently using three types of settlers the ones from Better Settlers, they are fine and are mortal as I installed them. Prisoner settlers from crime and punishment, they were protected aswell, but I was able to remove that in FO4Edit. The rescued captives however just wouldnt lose their protected status. I figured maybe this mod works a bit differntly, and only newly spawned ones are affected by the change, but no. I tried everything, removed the protected status on everything related to settlers in FO4Edit, played around with the load order, I didnt reinstall it in fear of losing all the rescued captives I have now, and im kinda scared of directly editing the script as Izzy suggested a few pages back. (I thought this was just as easy as editing the file in notepad, but holy moly. It send me down a rabbithole.)

I also noticed, but this is probably normal as multiple mods have this that use MCM - That there is no .ini file in data/MCM/Settings. But there is a config.Json in the data/MCM/Config/CommonwealthCaptives. For the record, all the other settings work fine. Its just this one that doesnt work.

I suppose this isnt that bad, as I can still manually put them into mortal mode using the console hopefully? I dont know how strong the script override is.

Really happy with this mod. One thing that always make me laugh is when raiders attack my settlement they make sure to set up camp and put down some captives first lol.

Edited by CollectableLover
7 hours ago, CollectableLover said:

I might have discovered a possible bug/not working feature, but I would need someone else to test it, as it could be that another mod is overwriting this mod, though I highly doubt it. Before I go into more detail, simply put, the captives are always protected, no matter what setting it is on. Can someone test if this is the case in their game too? 

Yeah it's a bug.  I will upload a fixed version.  In the meantime you can override in console using "setprotected 0".

1 hour ago, EgoBallistic said:

New Version 1.12 Uploaded

• Fixed bug where Captives were still Protected when Protection Level was set to "None" in MCM

Can confirm it works on new captives. :) The "setprotected 0" command doesnt seem to work, neither does Setessential (baseID) 0.

I will have to take them behind the shed and start anew. Which I guess is a good opportunity to toss in the addon made by Izzyknows.

Thank you so much for the quick update and all your work.

EgoBallistic, thanks for the update.  I am using version 1.12 on a new playthrough, and I am having a slight issue that I am not sure how to fix.  I found a captive and freed her.  I then spoke to ger again and she agreed to work on one of my settlements.  The issue is she still follows me around and I can't seem to find a way to get her to stay in the settlement.  I do not get an option to dismiss her either ( I suspect this is because I sent her to a settlement).  Any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong?  Note: This is the first captive I have found on this playthrough.

7 hours ago, besinister said:

I found a captive and freed her.  I then spoke to ger again and she agreed to work on one of my settlements.  The issue is she still follows me around and I can't seem to find a way to get her to stay in the settlement.  I do not get an option to dismiss her either ( I suspect this is because I sent her to a settlement). 

That's odd.  What are the exact dialogue options you get when you talk to her?

5 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

I don't get any options to talk to her.  When I select her, she just gives some random generic line about the weather or whatever, and that's it.  I do not get any dialogue options to continue the conversation.

10 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

4 hours ago, besinister said:

I don't get any options to talk to her.  When I select her, she just gives some random generic line about the weather or whatever, and that's it.  I do not get any dialogue options to continue the conversation.

Update:

EgoBallistic, I have gone back and replayed the same rescue 3 more times (without changing any mods).  I was not able to replicate the issue.  everything seems to be working as you intended.  I don't know what caused it the first time, or what fixed it on the 3 subsequent playthrough.  Thanks you for responding to my original posting, and I'm sorry for what appears to have been a false alarm.  Thank you for this great mod.

2 minutes ago, besinister said:

EgoBallistic, I have gone back and replayed the same rescue 3 more times (without changing any mods).  I was not able to replicate the issue.  everything seems to be working as you intended.  I don't know what caused it the first time, or what fixed it on the 3 subsequent playthrough.  Thanks you for responding to my original posting, and I'm sorry for what appears to have been a false alarm.  Thank you for this great mod.

You're welcome.  I have to admit I'm stumped on how that problem could happen.  Glad to hear it's worked out.

2 hours ago, overax1 said:

EgoBallistic. i'm curious to see any good screenshots of captive males, because i don't see any of them 

Feel free to download the mod, set the chance of male captives to 100% in the MCM, and take as many screenshots as you like.

Sorry if this was already covered (search functions aren't pulling it up), but I'm not seeing any "action" initiating after asking captives to do something for me. They respond with "whatever you want" and then nothing occurs. Anyone else have this issue?

Other than that, fantastic mod. I'm just happy to be able to grow my settlement population manually!

*Edit: Kinda got it working, but had to add more animations to AAF manually. AAF was basically saying there was no animation suitable for the situations so wouldn't activate. Thought ZaZOut Repack had animations already though. 

Edited by chimmichurri
updating
20 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Feel free to download the mod, set the chance of male captives to 100% in the MCM, and take as many screenshots as you like.

alright, i mean no offense but.... i'm simply just a viewer... and i don't have a computer to play. i am simply curious to see if anyone can show screenshots of captive males to me? 

Hello EgoBallistic, I decided to pick fo4 back up and after downloading all (i think) mods needed im having a problem getting commonwealth captives to work. Im using vortex, I know most reccomend modmanager but ive used vortex for the last 4 or 5 years so its familiar to me. Vortex keeps saying that commonwealth captives is redundent. Im stumped as to what is overwriting your mod with the exact files, when I click on details it just says files already downloaded, though there are no captives at any of the bandit camps. I do have a majority of the fucking guide mods downloaded. Could UAP be overwriting your mod? It seems that the patch overwrites quite a few mods. Bound is one another that is being flagged as redundent. Commonwealth and bound both dont have a plugin at the plugin section, did I miss a crucial download to make this work? Do you know of any mods that are in the a fuckingh guide that would overwrite yopur mod? Thanks for any help.

Ignore this, just went back and opened all of the folders where I put the mods yesterday and... empty. My computer seems to copy dl into new folders at a snails pace and Im guessing it was interrupted so nevwer finished. Sorry for time wasted! Thank you for the mod!

Edited by iWickedness
Figured out problem

Great mod. I noticed when toying around with the protected/essential settings that companions don't seem to have any affinity triggers if you kill a captive, but they do have affinity triggers for rescuing them. I figured this was just because the dialog with captives is repurposing the dialog from the "rescue kidnapped settler" quests, and you're not really meant to kill them in those.

Either way, not the biggest deal in the world. Nice work!

This is a great mod. I hope one day we can have the hydragorgon slave girls skyrim mod, but for fallout 4. I'd love to see slaves in devious devices and contraptions around the map and in towns, to give the impression that slavery just happens everywhere, and that its not just the player only who has to deal with it. Making it feel out of place.

Edited by Tayte