[mod] (Not So) Simple Shafts

8 hours ago, WaffleIron said:

I did not create this game rule; it is from Carnalitas, and like all Carnalitas rules it is off by default. The "Simple Shafts - Carnalitas" mod is just for compatibility, and as the OP explains, it acts differently whether the rule is on or off.

does the carnalitas mod have genetics attached to penis or is it just a ruler deisgner thing

I like this mod a lot. I just have one problem, which is that in the event window the character's penis is nearly always obscured by the coat of arms icon. I have tried getting rid of it but the override_coa command in the gui file doesn't do it. Has anybody found a solution to this?

New update. I probably should have bumped the version to 2.0 last version, but better late than never.

This version seeds all world characters with different penis sizes, has eunuchs no longer visibly having testicles, and makes the penis size gene affect the model slightly even with Carnalitas size traits enabled.

I am using the mod and get the following error:

Spoiler

[00:59:59][pdx_persistent_reader.cpp:229]: Error: "Unexpected token: traits, near line: 150

It refers to the following code;

Spoiler

penis_sizes = {

small_penis_3 = {
        trigger = { has_game_rule = carn_dt_enabled }
        traits = { dick_small_3 }

dna_modifiers = {
            morph = {
                mode = modify_multiply
                gene = gene_bs_penis_size
                value = 0.10
            }
        }   
    }

I can't find this trigger anywhere in the vanilla files. Shouldn't it be has_trait?

1 hour ago, joemann said:

I am using the mod and get the following error:

Reveal hidden contents

[00:59:59][pdx_persistent_reader.cpp:229]: Error: "Unexpected token: traits, near line: 150

It refers to the following code;

Reveal hidden contents

penis_sizes = {

small_penis_3 = {
        trigger = { has_game_rule = carn_dt_enabled }
        traits = { dick_small_3 }

dna_modifiers = {
            morph = {
                mode = modify_multiply
                gene = gene_bs_penis_size
                value = 0.10
            }
        }   
    }

I can't find this trigger anywhere in the vanilla files. Shouldn't it be has_trait?

The traits usage pointed out there is specific to the trait_portrait_modifiers context, as documented in gfx/portraits/trait_portrait_modifiers/_trait_modifier.info in the base game.

I am not receiving the indicated error when running my game. Try running the game with only these mods activated:

• Carnalitas
  • Simple Shafts
  • Simple Shafts - Carnalitas

I remember from earlier in the thread that you have been doing your own modding on top of these mods, so make sure you are using unmodified versions of these mods.

If you still get the same errors, I may need to see your entire error.log file (check to make sure it doesn't have your username in its paths first).

13 minutes ago, Getleh said:

Hello! At first pages of this topik there was submod, that affected balls size. Is it possible to implement it in new mod version? Thanks.

I tried to do this but it seems that the mesh files for scrotum now conflict with the male_body file. I got the error message that the number of vertices did not correspond.

I am hopeless at modding 3D files.

18 hours ago, WaffleIron said:

The traits usage pointed out there is specific to the trait_portrait_modifiers context, as documented in gfx/portraits/trait_portrait_modifiers/_trait_modifier.info in the base game.

I am not receiving the indicated error when running my game. Try running the game with only these mods activated:

• Carnalitas
  • Simple Shafts
  • Simple Shafts - Carnalitas

I remember from earlier in the thread that you have been doing your own modding on top of these mods, so make sure you are using unmodified versions of these mods.

If you still get the same errors, I may need to see your entire error.log file (check to make sure it doesn't have your username in its paths first).

I worked it out. The problem was not with your mod. Thanks for pointing me to the info file.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Checking this out since CKIII with the ruler designer is on my list of "Games to lose a week in over the holiday"
Nice that a version for females is out, shame that it's for no balls. Would it be possible to release them with the bad seem and slap a warning on it "Has bad seem, most likely won't fix" or is it really bad to the point of not working?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2020 at 8:43 AM, MrMeargt said:

Here's what I have done so far:

- Now penis and scrotum sizes are random. Characters will unique penises following normal distribution (all ethnicities follow the same rule).

- Added visual traits. Eunuch characters will not have balls; if Carnalitas is installed and body part traits are enabled in game rule the penis size traits will modify the character's penis.

- Added traits for scrotum size. Currently, I can't  get the world to seed it as it does with Carnalitas's dick and tits traits.

What I plan to do:

- Circumcision trait and portrait.

- Erection. Possible tied to a trait.

I can't create models or textures, so if anyone volunteer go ahead.

Alert: This modification is merely a proof of concept, showing what can be done. I am not a graphical modder so I can't create my own models and textures. You may use it but proceed with caution.

simple_shafts.rar 22.99 MB · 265 downloads

in regards to what you planned to do at the point you wrote this, have you been able to do it? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya I'm using the mod together with the Lord of the rings mod that adds the fantasy races and stuff but it doesn't seem to be working I assumed that the mod might not be compatible with it, if not lemme know what I did wrong the mod works when used with the normal game the simple shafts mod I mean , but when used with the lotr one all I get are bumps and that's about it. if the mod is not compatible , do you have any plans on working on that or just for the vanilla game? also other than that great work with the mod.

Edit: Nvm I managed to get it working it was my load order i needed to have the Lotr mod above all the others and then when i loaded the game it worked.:)

On 12/10/2020 at 11:03 PM, jamal13 said:

Thank you so much for labeling the changes in the files. It makes me so it easy to make it compatible for mods that use the same files.

You're welcome. I like to encourage people to reuse my code and assets, so feel free to repackage them how you like.

On 12/22/2020 at 1:45 PM, Yurrii_The_Shark said:

Checking this out since CKIII with the ruler designer is on my list of "Games to lose a week in over the holiday"
Nice that a version for females is out, shame that it's for no balls. Would it be possible to release them with the bad seem and slap a warning on it "Has bad seem, most likely won't fix" or is it really bad to the point of not working?

The seam looks similar to the "ghostly fig leaf" from the image on page 3 of this thread. The female penis in this mod is actually an accessory like the fig leaf is, rather than part of the base character model. The shadow is from the game not expecting accessories to intersect with the character model, and trying to add the shadow cast from it being close. With some work, you can almost make the shadow disappear from places you don't want by delicately positioning the angle of the intersection between the accessory and the character model. This is how I do it with the current female penis, but it only really looks right because of the exact spot I've placed it against the body, and that position doesn't leave enough room for testicles.

It's possible someone could get it looking decent, but I couldn't get it to my satisfaction when I tried. I'd encourage anyone to try making a variant based on my assets though.

On 1/17/2021 at 4:09 PM, WaitingCynicism said:

Would an uncircumcised version be possible?

Possible, but unlikely. An uncircumcised penis is fine with a little less detail to it, and I'm currently using that fact to compensate for the hack job I'm doing on the textures.

Edit: I misread this question, reading it as "circumcised". Currently the models look uncircumcised to me.

On 2/2/2021 at 8:52 AM, Drax70 said:

And because some prefer realism, any chance adding a hairy version?!! ?

No. This is both because it's somewhat difficult due to how I'm squeezing the penis model into using the base game texture, and because I don't personally care much for hairy textures so I'm not very motivated to find a workaround.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2021 at 12:45 AM, WaffleIron said:

You're welcome. I like to encourage people to reuse my code and assets, so feel free to repackage them how you like.

The seam looks similar to the "ghostly fig leaf" from the image on page 3 of this thread. The female penis in this mod is actually an accessory like the fig leaf is, rather than part of the base character model. The shadow is from the game not expecting accessories to intersect with the character model, and trying to add the shadow cast from it being close. With some work, you can almost make the shadow disappear from places you don't want by delicately positioning the angle of the intersection between the accessory and the character model. This is how I do it with the current female penis, but it only really looks right because of the exact spot I've placed it against the body, and that position doesn't leave enough room for testicles.

It's possible someone could get it looking decent, but I couldn't get it to my satisfaction when I tried. I'd encourage anyone to try making a variant based on my assets though.

Possible, but unlikely. An uncircumcised penis is fine with a little less detail to it, and I'm currently using that fact to compensate for the hack job I'm doing on the textures.

Edit: I misread this question, reading it as "circumcised". Currently the models look uncircumcised to me.

No. This is both because it's somewhat difficult due to how I'm squeezing the penis model into using the base game texture, and because I don't personally care much for hairy textures so I'm not very motivated to find a workaround.

Hey, so going off this I'm assuming that its cool if I reuse your assets for a mod I've created. Don't want to step on any toes, so I thought I would double check. Basically the mod uses your penis size min as the base for adult male characters and your pussy blendshape as the base for adult female characters. I rigged them to be more easily animated and tried to fix the seam that the base game has between the torso and the neck. Besides that I added erections, increased the max penis size, added a shape to increase ball size, increased muscle sizes, increased max fat/skinny, added a new breast size max, made breasts grow during pregnancy, and added a gene to increase/decrease butt sizes.

I was going to just post it and credit you since it seems like you would be cool with it, but this will only be the second mod I've posted so I'm not sure about the etiquette and figured I'd check.

On 2/17/2021 at 7:45 AM, WaffleIron said:

Fair enough! Till it gets easy to do in the future....! ?

On 3/4/2021 at 12:46 AM, Mange2020 said:

Hey, so going off this I'm assuming that its cool if I reuse your assets for a mod I've created. Don't want to step on any toes, so I thought I would double check. Basically the mod uses your penis size min as the base for adult male characters and your pussy blendshape as the base for adult female characters. I rigged them to be more easily animated and tried to fix the seam that the base game has between the torso and the neck. Besides that I added erections, increased the max penis size, added a shape to increase ball size, increased muscle sizes, increased max fat/skinny, added a new breast size max, made breasts grow during pregnancy, and added a gene to increase/decrease butt sizes.

I was going to just post it and credit you since it seems like you would be cool with it, but this will only be the second mod I've posted so I'm not sure about the etiquette and figured I'd check.

Sounds fantastic! :)

On 3/3/2021 at 11:46 AM, Mange2020 said:

Yes, feel free to post your mod repackaging assets. Some mod authors are more protective of their work and don't like their assets being reused, but I have no problems with it.

13 hours ago, WaffleIron said:

Yes, feel free to post your mod repackaging assets. Some mod authors are more protective of their work and don't like their assets being reused, but I have no problems with it.

Thanks! Btw in reading some of the posts here I noticed you were having some issues with the game throwing random shadows (I ran into the same problem). I ended up turning off the game's SSAO in order to get animations to work, it cleared up the shadow issue as well, and honestly the portraits look fine without it. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/6/2021 at 11:16 AM, Mange2020 said:

Thanks! Btw in reading some of the posts here I noticed you were having some issues with the game throwing random shadows (I ran into the same problem). I ended up turning off the game's SSAO in order to get animations to work, it cleared up the shadow issue as well, and honestly the portraits look fine without it. 

Has your version of the nudity mod been posted yet? Sounds like a good alternative.

• 2 weeks later...